Ziplinning vs. Old San Juan and historical forts tour

dolly25

Mouseketeer
Can't decide whether to do ziplinning or do some sight seeing of the historical forts and strolling around Old San Juan. On our first visit to Puerto Rico we toured the rain forest and was very much impressed. Although this did not allow enough time to see the forts or very much of Old San Juan. We have never been ziplinning and it would be fun with our adult and married children.
We are a group of 6 adults. We would like to sight see the old forts also.
Can't decide. Did anyone do the Camp Rico ziplinning adventure?
Thanks

Well, we really liked our day walking around OSJ and touring the forts. After that, did a bit of touristy shopping (don't get the bamboo sheets at Cariloha! they shrink like crazy even when you follow their instructions exactly!) and got some late lunch at Cafe Berlin. Lovely day.

Our tablemates did a rainforest thing and mentioned the 8-legged critters they saw there...we'd seen enough city arachnids during our day, and we were glad we didn't see any jungle ones! So for me the rainforest would sadly creep me out (I know you liked it), and ziplining would likely cause extreme fear in me.... So we were glad to have toured around the city :)

Do Old San Juan. There is SO much rich history there, plenty of great food and drink options, lovely island views from the forts, and it's all so compact and easily walkable in a day. You can zipline in a lot of places, but Old San Juan is unique.

Do Old San Juan. There is SO much rich history there, plenty of great food and drink options, lovely island views from the forts, and it's all so compact and easily walkable in a day. You can zipline in a lot of places, but Old San Juan is unique.

Totally agree.

Thank You so much. We will tour Old San Juan and the forts. I really did feel like we missed out on this last time when we took the rainforest tour. The rainforest tour was unique as well, and we really enjoyed it.
So we'll tour the old city and fortress, save the ziplinning for another day.

My DS and I did the fort tour and loved it! My DH did the zip lining and didn't like it. He thought it was overpriced for what you got and said he wished he would have done the fort with us. Now a bit of perspective...my DH did zip lining in Puerta Vallerta and before Puerto Rico and loved it so....

We tried to do zip lining. We got to the top and waited and waited. The tour operator was understaffed and eventually they decided to bring us back to the ship. We got our money back but it was a total bust and no one was particularly apologetic about it.

Thank you so much for all of your advise. The ziplinning is very expensive and if you didn't love it!!! That would be disappointing.
Old San Jaun and the forts for us.

We did the ziplining in Nov 2012 and loved it! Not sure if the excursion has changed- we kayaked, did some rickety suspension bridges and several ziplines and then had a fabulous lunch. We got back in time to take a quick shower and walk around San Juan a bit before we had to be back on board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter