Zooming In On New Fantasyland

Aw man -- this is going to be awesome to see when it's all complete. Thank you so much for posting this!:lovestruc

So, in Circus Land (is that an official name?):

On the right, we have Goofini and Dumbo
In the center: water play area and train station.
What's on the left, where those three tents are?

man! i really hope this is completed before we arive next month!!!:rotfl2:
but seriously, at least this gives me a reason to head back in a few years :)

makes me think of a modern adaptation for a FL Matterhorn. Different theme and all but a coaster track, going in and out of landscape/structure.

Thank you for sharing this awesome link. I don't know how Disney expects us to wait at least 2 more years!?!?!

Is the Snow Whoite coaster a kiddie coaster - like Barnstormer -or a big one?
There really is no way to tell for sure at this point,but,to me,it "looks" like it will be somewhere "between" Barnstormer and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.:)

So, in Circus Land (is that an official name?):

On the right, we have Goofini and Dumbo
In the center: water play area and train station.
What's on the left, where those three tents are?
I "think" it is just going to be called Storybook Circus.:)

Reports are the "Toontown Tents" will remain and be rethemed for Storybook Circus with one being a merchandise location and one being a Character Meet,but I don't know if those reports have been confirmed.:)

I'm guessing that the mine train will be a full-scale roller coaster, i.e., with the same height restriction as BTMRR. I know it is Fantasyland, and all, but remember that Matterhorn Bobsleds is in Fantasyland at Disneyland.

I'm guessing that the mine train will be a full-scale roller coaster, i.e., with the same height restriction as BTMRR. I know it is Fantasyland, and all, but remember that Matterhorn Bobsleds is in Fantasyland at Disneyland.

From my own perspective, I hope that's the case. But it would be a HUGE loss to the younger kids visiting the Magic Kingdom. Remember, Fantasyland at DL has TONS more for the little kids to do, and that is definitely NOT the case in the Magic Kingdom. DL still has the Scary adventures of Snow White, Casey Jr. Train, Alice, Pinocchio, Mr. Toad and Storybook Canal. Not to mention the ones they have in common with the MK........ Peter Pan, Small World, Dumbo, Teacups and the Carousel. Having the littlest ones shut out of the Matterhorn is just not an issue there like it would be in the MK.

From my own perspective, I hope that's the case. But it would be a HUGE loss to the younger kids visiting the Magic Kingdom.
I agree to some extent. However, I wouldn't call it a "loss" - rather it is at worst a "missed opportunity for younger children". The reason why I say that is that it isn't replacing that much that younger children were able to gain much enjoyment from in the past. Pretty-much everything that is currently in the place where the mine train is going is either being moved, replaced by similar, comparably-enjoyable entertainment for younger children elsewhere, or little-used in the first place. I think that's an important distinction, because I do believe that making Fantasyland more attractive to older children and adults has benefits overall.

Remember, Fantasyland at DL has TONS more for the little kids to do, and that is definitely NOT the case in the Magic Kingdom.
I disagree with the context. There is more to do at Disney's parks in Florida, for every age group, than there is at Disney's parks in California. The way the attractions are grouped together (these things in Disneyland, those things in Magic Kingdom, other things at Animal Kingdom, still other things at California Adventure, etc.) doesn't matter that much, when looking back at your entire vacation experience.

I agree to some extent. However, I wouldn't call it a "loss" - rather it is at worst a "missed opportunity for younger children". The reason why I say that is that it isn't replacing that much that younger children were able to gain much enjoyment from in the past. Pretty-much everything that is currently in the place where the mine train is going is either being moved, replaced by similar, comparably-enjoyable entertainment for younger children elsewhere, or little-used in the first place. I think that's an important distinction, because I do believe that making Fantasyland more attractive to older children and adults has benefits overall.

I disagree with the context. There is more to do at Disney's parks in Florida, for every age group, than there is at Disney's parks in California. The way the attractions are grouped together (these things in Disneyland, those things in Magic Kingdom, other things at Animal Kingdom, still other things at California Adventure, etc.) doesn't matter that much, when looking back at your entire vacation experience.

Well, I still think it matters greatly to the youngest visitors. And remember.... not everyone can afford to spend an entire week at Disney and visit all 4 parks. Our first several visits to Disney involved just 1 or 2 park days at all. Our first Disney trip was only one park day.... the Magic Kingdom.

And honestly..... DHS and Epcot have VERY little for the tiny ones to do. That's one of the reasons TSM is so crazy busy all the time. Little Mermaid is a great addition for FL, but the families with little kids are the losers if the height restriction is too..... restricitive....... on the new coaster.

I think a fast intense ride like the Matterhorn would be AWESOME. I'm just saying I think the Disney marketing folks have missed their target market if that's the case.

And am I the only one who finds it odd to have 2 runaway mine coasters in the MK?

And am I the only one who finds it odd to have 2 runaway mine coasters in the MK?

I keep having that same thought!

By having an actual coaster in FantasyLand, they make it a go to place for adults. For us, on trips without our kids, we'd often hit Peter Pan and Philharmagic, then get out of Dodge before it's swamped with munchkins. With this addition, there is another reason to hit this area which should disperse crowds even more.

Last, can anyone confirm that it is a late 2013 opening? Wondering if that means December?

Well, I still think it matters greatly to the youngest visitors.
Yes, but what I'm saying is that it works both ways: The lack of interest in Fantasyland among teens, for example, drives families with both a couple of teens and a young child to spend less time in Fantasyland than if there were more natural opportunities to split up so the kids can each enjoy age-appropriate attractions, but stay nearby each other.

If there is a need, specifically, for more things for young children to do, that's separate, and indeed some of that is being attended to, especially for girls. (There are many other threads discussing how some people feel that young boys are not well-serviced by Fantasyland.)

And remember.... not everyone can afford to spend an entire week at Disney and visit all 4 parks.
That's no different than being unable to spend two days in Disneyland instead of spending one day in Disneyland.

And honestly..... DHS and Epcot have VERY little for the tiny ones to do.
We can agree to disagree about that.

I think a fast intense ride like the Matterhorn would be AWESOME. I'm just saying I think the Disney marketing folks have missed their target market if that's the case.
Or, rather, they simply have a broader definition, than you, of what their target market is.

No more so than having two Dumbo rides. Indeed, I see this mine train being a way of recognizing that they need to do something about the long queue times at BTMRR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter