Zootopia is a Triumph

BrianL

Doom Buggy Driver
I saw a screening of Zootopia tonight and it really lives up to the hype! The movie takes risks and definitely has a strong social conscience. It never gets preachy though. Keep an eye out for Disney Easter Eggs. This looks like another big hit for Disney! I highly recommend it.

My husband and I are seeing it today at the local IMAX. Can't wait as it looks really good!

We went and saw this movie last night. Loved it! It was so much better than I expected. I need to see it again to soak in all the details. The creativity and scenery was amazing.

I saw it today in a nearly-full house and loved it. Love Judy and Nick as characters, and the voice cast is terrific. In addition to the two awesome leads, the other standouts for me were Idris Elba as the police chief and Don Lake as Judy's Dad (if you know "Best in Show" and "A Mighty Wind," you know who he is). The more spoiler-free you can be going in, the better. I've probably watched/read too much (and seen too many other Disney movies): there were a couple of things I guessed/saw coming before even going into the theatre. But there were still plenty of surprises, and did I mention how much I love Judy & Nick? I will make the comment - just as John Ratzenberger has long been the "good luck charm" for Pixar, I think Disney Feature Animation now has their own "good luck charm" turning up in every movie from "Wreck-It Ralph" on, which is kinda cool and fun if you ask me - now we'll know to start paying attention for him.

Just got done watching the movie today. This would make a perfect TV spin-off. But Judy has now become my new favorite Disney character.

Great script, amazing animation, great characters, hilarious references... It's a truly great film overall. I do agree that you should try to avoid as much promotional stuff as possible, since it can give away a couple of plot points. I'd rate this film quite high in the Disney Revival era. Definitely go watch it!

Great script, amazing animation, great characters, hilarious references... It's a truly great film overall. I do agree that you should try to avoid as much promotional stuff as possible, since it can give away a couple of plot points. I'd rate this film quite high in the Disney Revival era. Definitely go watch it!
:thumbsup2 Completely agree!

Just got back! It was great! We all loved it! My kids keep saying Flash, Flash hundred yard dash!

Last edited:
When you see the movie, there is a pig that runs a shop who is played by Josh Dallas who is Charming on the TV show Once Upon A Time. He is also Ginnifer Goodwin's (Judy's) husband in real life. She plays Snow White in the show. I also learned that Kristen Bell plays the sloth that Flash tells the camel joke to. Your welcome.

When you see the movie, there is a pig that runs a shop who is played by Josh Dallas who is Charming on the TV show Once Upon A Time. He is also Ginnifer Goodwin's (Judy's) husband in real life. She plays Snow White in the show. I also learned that Kristen Bell plays the sloth that Flash tells the camel joke to. Your welcome.

I had seen an interview last week with Ginnifer Goodwin that talked about her husband and showed the pig clip. I had not known about Kristen Bell until I saw the movie again today (2nd time).

I swear that one of the "henchmen" involved in the climactic train chase sounds like Richard Kind, but he's not credited on IMDB. Anyone agree, or know if he did an uncredited cameo? (He's got like 2 lines maybe.)

Loved it the 2nd time; I do think it rewards repeat viewings. And my theatre was nearly full again today for the first show of the day. I really think the numbers on this are gonna be big!

ForeverAlice - I, too, have that "Flash, Flash, Hundred Yard Dash" stuck in my head. I love the way Nick says that.

If you have a music service like Apple Music search for the music video "Try Everything (From "Zootopia")" by Shakira (who voices the singing gazelle). The music video came out the same day as the movie.

I just saw the movie this morning with my kids cause they wanted to see it. I had no clue what the movie was about. It was amazing!!!

If you have a music service like Apple Music search for the music video "Try Everything (From "Zootopia")" by Shakira (who voices the singing gazelle). The music video came out the same day as the movie.

Almost everything is made available these days for free on YouTube from the music label.

We just got back from seeing it and we all loved it. Great characters, great music and a good message. My daughter, 12, loved all of the Disney Easter eggs and found most of them on her own. (She googled them on the way home to see what else she missed). My son (14) is usually "too cool" for animated movies anymore but he loved it. There is one scene that made everyone in the theater jump. The kid sitting next to my son threw his popcorn in the air. It was hilarious. Popcorn everywhere! Definitely a great movie for all ages!!

I've read through reviews from parents of younger kids (under 10 in most of these reviews) and they aren't very good! Ack, I had plans to take the boys to see it today (mine are 6 & 9). Is it really as harsh as some of these parents claim?

https://www.commonsensemedia.org/movie-reviews/zootopia/user-reviews/adult#

I just saw the movie and then read the reviews on Common Sense Media. I really didn't think it was that bad and it's not any scarier than any of the other Disney movies. I asked my 12 year old if she thought it was dark and scary like some of the reviews state and she said "Not at all". I thought it was a great movie.

Honestly, I wasn't a fan. It was too preachy for my tastes and lacked the usual carefree-whimsical Disney feel. Obviously not a terrible movie, just not my family's style.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter