Zootopia Super-Spoileriffic Spoilerama Thread

karly05

DIS Veteran - "I found the Snipe!"
OK, if you have not yet seen Zootopia - STOP right here and back out now.

I really want to talk about my reactions and I WILL be giving explicit spoilers.

I really love this movie. I think Judy & Nick are both great, appealing characters. I'm not always enthusiastic about sequels, but I would happily hang out with them through more adventures.

I'm going to say, given Disney's recent history and the mystery/crime nature of the plot, I knew well before I saw the movie that there was going to be a Surprise Villain Twist. I had seen enough clips and character profiles on the official site and so forth, after a very brief flirtation with Lionheart, I put my $5 on Bellweather and was not at all surprised when it was her. My first reaction was, "Yeah, I knew it, big surprise" - but they really did play it pretty well, IMO, and I liked the way Jenny Slate played her villain side. I love the exchange of (Judy): "What are you going to do, kill me?" (Bell): "Of course not, don't be silly - HE IS!" Boom! I really thought "Oh, no!!!!" when she shot Nick. For some reason, just about a second before he went in for the kill, I finally thought, "Oh, he's going to be faking...." but I had NO idea Judy was in on it. (Funny callback to the opening scene.) And when Bellweather uttered the deathless words, "It's my word against yours," I just smiled - ohhh, don't say that... ha haha. (The carrot pen was a great running device.) (Now, for a different POV, my sister says that when Nick was shot, she immediately thought, "Ha, it's a blueberry!")

Loved Idris Elba as Chief Bogo and Alan Tudyk (is he now officially WDA's "good luck charm"?) as Weaselton (the "Wesselton"/"It's Weaselton!" gag made me laugh, and I love when he calls Judy "Flopsy the Copsy.") Don Lake and Bonnie Hunt were so great as the parents. Loved Ginnifer but seriously LOVED Jason. I'd say my favorite sequence is from the Rainforest when Bogo demands Judy's badge and Nick stands up for her, through the ride on the sky tram where he tells her the Ranger Scouts story then realizes they can use the "jam cams" to find out what happened to Manchas.

I am going to make the comment that I was thrown by the "You know you love me" banter at the end - although I really do not think it means what some people probably think it means. Much as I love the characters, I do NOT "ship" Judy & Nick, and I hope that's not where they really want this to go.

Well, even if this thread goes nowhere, I feel better just expressing all that. :goodvibes

I really loved this movie too. It explored deep themes about bigotry without becoming preachy and heavy handed like a lot of children's media would. It recognizes the reasons for some of it and shows how we can overcome that to build a better society. It really is groundbreaking stuff.

Aside from that the movie was very funny. I loved the kid's pageant at the beginning. My favorite character was Nick's partner in crime (fennic fox?) that dressed like the baby. He was great!

I love the title of this thread.

Loved Zootopia. One of my favorites. If you look up "voice acting" in the dictionary, it should have a picture of Jason Bateman. He was excellent.

Although, I disagree with BrianL on the preachy factor. I felt hit over the head with the message. It's a good message so i didn't mind it, but I definitely felt it was preachy. Although, I wasn't distracted by trying to figure out whodunnit because i pegged Asst. Mayor Bellwether pretty early on and I knew it was a blueberry even before she shot him.

That being said, I am glad Disney is getting back to villains that make sense. After Hans in Frozen and Professor Callahan in Big Hero 6, I was beginning to think Disney was just randomly throwing darts when picking villains.

Also, I'd feel remiss without mentioning the animation. Gosh it was amazing! Disney is pumping out some high quality stuff. They actually made REAL fur for this movie AND made the wind blow through it. They've never done that before. Not only that, but everything in the background is always moving. It is awesome.

We did a full review of it on my podcast. http://www.thedisneymoviereview.com/73/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter