Z's Accountability Journal (Comments Welcome)

Zela

<font color=teal>Everyone thinks it's strange that
Hello, I am Z.

I joined the wish boards not too long ago. January 5th of this year is when I decided that I needed to get healthy. Since then I have lost 29 lbs, 7.5 since I joined the wish boards. I am currently slipping with my food choices though. Nearly all that my brothers eat is junk food. Picture a pantry full of Ding Dongs, Oatmeal Cream Pies, Peanut Butter, Doritos, Leftover Easter Candy, etc. It is not a force to be reckoned with :smooth: . Anyway, the purpose of this journal is to record my eating habits, exercising habits, and bible-study habits(which are also slipping). I keep tabs on my eating by using the WW points system. I am currently in my second week of the Walk/Run program for a half in the Marathoning for Mortals book. My goals are:

Revision of Goals 6-25-05, 8-1-05

Eating Goals
1. Eat within my WW points range
2. Eat at least 7 fresh fruits or veggies a day instead of 5 fruits and vegetables a day
3. Drink at least 10 glasses of water instead of 8 glasses of water a day
4. No fried food (bad for me in more ways than one, I have ulcers :sad2: )

Exercising Goals
1. Stay on Walk/Run Program Over, so I will shoot for running at least 3 miles 2 or 3 times a week and xtrain at least 2 or 3 times a week :banana:
2. Stay up and active throughout the day instead of on my butt all day :) .

Sorry, but somehow I submitted that post while I was still typing,
Anyway

Revision of Goals 6-25-05

Bible Study Goals
1. Set aside time to do sunday school bible study and more than that is always good instead of at least 45 minutes per day specifically designated for bible study.

So these are my goals. I hope this will be a good form of motivation. I will try to post daily and address all the goals starting tomorrow. Wish me luck because tomorrow is my weigh-in day.

Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention that I am signed up for the half at Disney in January 2006. Well, I hope my journal can be amusing to someone :crazy: .

Here's some progress photos(updated June 5th 2005):
262+
83865me262-med.JPG

83865225jpeg.JPG

83865me211.JPG

Hi Zela,

Welcome!!!! You have done an amazing job so far. Your goals are great and I know you will meet them. I look forward to following your progress through your journal :flower:

Sunny

Welcome to WISH!!! :wave:

Sounds like you've already made some great changes. Keep at it. You can do it! :cheer2:

WELCOME to the WISH journals! :wave:

This is a great place to learn more about your habits and the support is GREAT! Looks like you have a good start on your plan. Keep up the good work. ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

First things first:

Today was my weigh day and I lost 1.5 pounds.

Eating Goals
1. Ate within my point range but could have done without:
the piece of devils food cake with icing for afternoon snack
the 4 pcs of bacon for mid-morning snack(cooked in the microwave on one of those bacon plates)
2. Had 5 fruits and vegetables
plum
large salad (counts as two servings) :)
small salad
veggies in frozen dinner

3. Forgot to count glasses of water but I think I had about 4 or 5
4. Did not eat any fried foods :flower:

Exercising Goals
1. Stayed on Program for Walk/Run of a Half. Today was a rest day. :teeth:
2. Stayed up and active approximately 40% of the day :guilty: . Went to visit my neice so I sat down for a long while to play with her.

Bible Study Goals
1. Did my 45 minutes of Bible Study from 5 to 5:45. Started a Revive My Spirit Devotional. This weeks bible verse is John 7:37-39. :daisy:

I think I got off to a pretty good start. And boy, you guys really jump on that encouragement stuff. I appreciate it. :banana:

I thought also that I might want to give a short bio of myself. I am 20 years old. I dropped out of high school in the 11th grade, got my GED and went on to college early. I completed my BA in Psychology in 3 years. I had some classes from dual enrollment in high school and summer courses which allowed me to finish quicker. Anyway I graduated college last May and am currently taking a break from school :cloud9: . I don't know if I want to get a master's yet or not. I am living with my parents and my two smaller brothers who are 7 and 4. I also have a sister(25) and brother in law that live in the same town. My oldest brother is 28 and he lives about one hour away. I also have a sister(22) and brother in law that I went to college with that live about 45 minutes away. I love my family and I am glad that I get to be at home right now (except when I get really annoyed with my little brothers :mad:; but I really do love them ;) ) Anyway, this is turning into a long winded type thing so I will tell more about myself later. Thanks again for the encouragement guys. :disrocks:

Eating Goals
1. Stayed withing point range :)
but could have done without:
the icing that I scraped off the side of the devil's food cake pan
the bite of fried chicken tender
2. Ate 5 fruits and/or veggies
plum
large salad(counts as two)
tomato soup
plum
3. I had 9 glasses of water :smooth:
4. I had a bite of a fried chicken tender

Exercising Goals
1. Stayed on Walk/Run Program from Marathoning for Mortals
Today was 32 minutes doing the Walk3/Run1 pattern w/ 5 minutes each for warmup and cooldown. Start to finish pace was 18 minutes and 1.2 seconds per mile.
Note: Had to force myself to get on treadmill because I had a headache, but I felt way better after I exercised.
2. Stayed up and active approximately 40 % of the day again. I traveled in my car alot today.

Bible Study Goals
1. Studied Bible for 25 of the proposed 45 minutes and finished this day's devotional out of the Revive my spirit book.

Even with some "not-so-perfect" food choices you still stayed OP! Awesome! Someday you'll be able to figure out where you want to balance between the cucumbers and the bacon, but you did a great job managing it this week!

Great job getting your exercise--doesn't it make you feel great!

Hope you have an awesome weekend. Keep up the good work!! :)

You are doing so well with trying to meet all of your goals! :cool1:

I have no doubt that after overcoming the obstacle of schooling that you will be able to meet your weight loss challenge as well. Having your BA at the age of 20 is an AWESOME accomplishment.

Keep up the good work. ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Yesterday I didn't get a chance to post about my goals so this is yesterday's:

Eating Goals
1. Ate within my point range
but could have done without
the 4 tblsp of whipped vanilla icing :guilty: on my 1/2 cup of lite ice cream (kinda defeats the purpose of the lite ice cream doesn't it) :teeth:
2. Had 5 servings of fruits and vegetables
plum
banana
hamburger with lots of lettuce and onions
plum
fruit cup from chick-fil-a
3. Had 8 glasses of water
4. Ate chick-fil-a chicken sandwich that was fried

Exercising Goals
1. Stayed on Walk/Run Program
Yesterday was my X training day for 30 minutes. I got outside and rode on my bike. It was very pleasant (aside from the demonic seat that is on my bike :mad: , very hard and uncomfortable).
2. I stayed up and active approximately 70 % of the day. One thing that contributed to this was that I went shopping with my friend yesterday afternoon and she wanted to try on everything at every store she could find. Of course most of these stores were strictly skinny people stores so I couldn't really do anything but walk around and look at clothes that I couldn't fit into. Of course there are no hard feelings toward my friend b/c I agreed to go. I knew it would happen. Anyway, it worked out good b/c I got that extra exercise that I need ;) .

Bible Study Goals
1. I completed my full 45 minutes of Bible Study yesterday :) . I did the 3rd day in the devotional book Revive my spirit. The focus was on the characteristics of the Holy Spirit and what it actually does. Very informative.

Well that was all for yesterday. I'll post again later for today's results.

About Today's Goals

Eating Goals
1. Ate within my point range :flower:
the whole pack of sour cream and chives crackers that I ate
2. Had 6 servings of fruits and veggies :sunny:
banana
plum
lots of vegetables on my turkey sandwich(lettuce of various types and onions)
tomato soup
banana
medium sized salad
3. Stopped counting after I drank 9 glasses of water.
4. Had 1/2 filet of fried catfish :guilty:

Exercise Goals
Today was my 3 mile day. I was supposed to do W4/R1 but I didn't realize that until I got back. I thought I was just supposed to do W3/R1 like my middle of the week sessions. I don't think it was too hard for me. My next weeks coming up are 4 miles and then 5 miles with the W4/R1 sequence and then the next week I go back down to 3 miles with the W3/R1 sequence. Does anybody have any advice about whether or not I should continue the W3/R1 pace on my long days or not? Aside from all of that, I had a PR today.
I did my three miles outside (I normally use the treadmill) and was done in 50 minutes and 10 seconds. This works out to approx. a 16 minute and 45 seconds per mile pace. :banana: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: Last time I did a Walk/Run session on the TM you can see that I was doing roughly an 18 minute mile and it was torturous. Being outside is way better. I guess you just don't really realize that you are moving faster. My exercise really was the best part of the day. I am now seriously thinking of signing up for a 5K soon.
2. I did not stay up and active throughout the day very much at all. I exercised in the morning, but then when I got back home I just zoned out in front of the tv and was lazy. I started to get a little stiff feeling and I knew that I should do some more activity. Going on a bike ride crossed my mind, but I kept thinking of all the things that I would have to do to ride my bike. I would have to change into some exercise clothes, prepare to get sweaty, get sweaty while riding the bike, take a shower when I got back, fix my hair, and the list goes on. I was just being lazy. I tried to get rid of my bodies cries for movement by taking a nap. Bad idea. I layed there for an hour and just felt miserable, not to mention, I never fell asleep. By this time I was just fed up. I just said to myself,"Dangit! Just do it Z!". So I did it. Before supper I went out and leisurely rode my bike for about 30 minutes. It was very nice ( stress relieving too :flower: )

Bible Study Goals
1. As I was saying earlier, I was extremely lazy today. There were lots of times during the day when I could have set aside time to do my bible study, however, I didn't because I AM LAZY. Well maybe I'm not lazy all the time, but today I was.

Eating Goals
1. Ate within range today :cool1:
And I made very good food choices all day long :)
2. Had 7 fruits and veggies
plum x 2
banana
plum
lettuce in 2 chicken soft tacos
banana
salad
3. Had 9 glasses of water.
4. Had cinnamon twists from taco bell. I think they are fried. :guilty:

Exercising Goals
1. Stayed on Walk/Run Program for half
Today was a rest day. I don't think I did anything too strenuous. ;)
2. I stayed up and active probably 70% of the day. I went to Sunday School with my little brothers. When we got done, we came back home and I filled up the kiddie pool for them. I washed my car while they played. It was very nice outside :sunny: . Then in the afternoon I took a 30 minute leisurely bike ride. Very pleasant(except for the still hard seat :sad2: )

Bible Study Goals
1. I have not yet done my Bible Study for today, but will when I get done posting. This text will be red until I come and confirm that I did actually do the Bible Study. Today's Bible Study will be about believing and trusting in Jesus.

You're doing great! Don't worry about the lazy day, we all have those once in a while. The key is to get back up and get back OP. ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Zela said:
About Today's Goals

Eating Goals
1. Ate within my point range :flower:
the whole pack of sour cream and chives crackers that I ate

I love that you put this in your journal...you admit it and move on--BRAVO!!

I like the fact that you don't expect yourself to be perfect & that you certainly don't hammer yourself when you don't make the healthiest choice....your attitude is great!!

Good luck this week!!!

I didn't get a chance to post yesterday. So here is yesterday's

Eating Goals
1. I ate within my range ;)
the coffee cup full of frozen Cool Whip Free that I ate :teeth:
eating my lean gourmet chicken alfredo florentine pasta meal at 9:30 at night

2. I had 6 fruits and veggies :Pinkbounc
banana
canned corn
lettuce, onions, and pickles piled high on my lean burger making it nearly 6 inches high instead of 2. (counts as 2)
banana
dole 100% juice strawberry popsicle thingy
3. I had nearly 10 glasses of water. :flower:
4. I had no fried food. :teeth:

Exercising Goals
1. I did not stay on the Walk/Run Program
Today was supposed to be a W3/R1 day repeated 8 times with a 5 minute warm up and cool down. I didn't really realize how fatigued my muscles were until I actually started on the treadmill. In the previous days I have done some biking. Although I haven't been doing a whole heck of a lot of biking it is something new for me so I think the bike riding caught up with me and my muscles. Somewhere between the end of the cool down and about 7 minutes into the actual workout I made an executive decision. That decision was that if I continued my workout on the TM I would only get mad(because I was not able to keep up with my normal pace), not to mention more sore and crabby. So, I got off the TM and assessed the situation. I have been enjoying my bike rides. So today after I jumped off the TM I did a short 10 minute bike ride. I am still on the Program but instead of Cross Training for 30 minutes tomorrow I will only do 10 minutes on the bike. And I will try to genuinely rest on my rest day the following day.
2. I stayed up and active throughout about 50% of the day. I did alot of shopping . I bought groceries, went to the library, bought groceries at the other grocery store that has better stuff, went to the pharmacy, and went to the dollar general. I did a lot of stuff. :)

Bible Study Goals
1. I did not do 45 minutes of Bible Study today. I have no excuse except that I am lazy and chose to use my time doing other things that were not nearly as important.

Here is today's

Eating Goals
1. Ate within my points range :smooth:
lite syrup and rf peanut butter on my GoLean Kashi blueberry waffles(they didn't need all that extra stuff)
2. I am going to eat a banana and green beans with whatever I have for supper so I will have my 5 fruits and veggies at the end of the day. So far I have had:
banana
large salad at lunch(counts as two) :flower:
too bad those weight watcher carrot cakes don't count as a veggie ;)
3. I have had 5 glasses of water so far today, but I will have at least another three tonight before I go to bed so that bring me to 8.
4. I had no fried foods today

Exercising Goals
1. Did not do assigned session on Walk/Run Program.
As mentioned before, I am trying to give my muscles a breather. Today was supposed to be a Cross Training for 30 minutes day. Instead I just did 10 minutes on my bike. And my muscles do feel better today so I don't want to over do it. Tomorrow is my rest day. I hope I can get completely ache free by day after tomorrow, so that I can use the TM efficiently again. :sunny:
2. I did not stay up and active most of the day today.
I purposely tried to take it easy so that my body would have time to rest. Although I did take my 4 year old brother to the dentist. The town where his dentist is located has some malls, so naturally, I had to do a little looking around. We went to Target b/c I had heard that they had a lot of stuff on clearance. I found lots of cute things. However, the cutest things were baby clothes. I bought some baby clothes there and I bought some at Parisians. Parisians had some good deals to. I sort of "collect" baby clothes :blush: . I am not married, nor do I have any prospects, nor do I even date right now, so many of my family members and friends think it is foolish. Anyway, I figure the more baby clothes I buy now the less I'll have to buy one day when I do have children. :crazy:

Bible Study Goals
1. I did my bible study today( I don't know if it took 45 minutes or not, I forgot to set my watch) :goodvibes
Today finished up day five and week 1 of the Revive my spirit devotional book that I have. It focused on the rivers of living water flowing from the hearts of Christians and what it means.

Today was weigh in day. I lost :banana: 3.5 pounds :banana: even though I have been slacking off on my exercising since day before yesterday. It is very exciting. I'm down to 228. I haven't seen the 220's in a while. :teeth:
:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Baby clothes are hard to resist!

Good job with tracking your food and on the exercise. Don't feel too bad when you let your body rest because it is much worse to keep pushing a tired body.

Keep up the work you are doing! ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

For Today

Eating Goals
1. Ate within my point range :sunny:
the second chips ahoy 100 calorie pack I ate
the 4 chocolate covered marshmallow eggs I had left over from Easter :guilty:

2. Had 5 fruits and veggies
banana
lots of lettuce/onions on ham sandwich
2 servings of string beans
1/2 cup applesauce
3. Drank 9 glasses of water today :smooth:
4. I had no fried food today. :cool1:

Exercising Goals
Today was a rest day. I rested :cloud9: .
2. I did not stay up and active hardly any of the day. Trying to rest you know. ;)

Bible Study Goals
1. Started week 2 of the revive my spirit devotional book. I believe the scripture was 2 Chronicles 14, but I'm not sure. It is the one that says something like "if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray, and seek me and turn from their sins, then I will hear them from heaven and forgive them and I will restore their land". I set aside 45 minutes in which to complete it but I was done in 30 minutes.

Haven't posted since Wednesday. I haven't had a whole lot of time. Anyway, I didn't write down about my goals on Thursday so here is Thursday the best I can remember.

Thursday

Eating Goals
1. Ate within my point range :)
2. Ate at least 5 fruits and veggies(don't remember what they were)
3. Had 7 glasses of water (I remembered that :sad2: )
4. Had a bite of a fried chicken leg but after reassessing the situation I decided that I didn't want the rest of it. :teeth:

Exercising Goals
1. Got back on track with the Walk/Run Program. :cool1:
Thursday was W3/R1 for 32 minutes. I did this on the TM and had an average pace of about 17 minutes and 50 some-odd seconds.
2. I did not stay up and active most of the day. I did a lot of laundry.

Bible Study Goals
1. Did my devotional in the Revive my spirit book. It was about 2 Chronicles 7:14 where God is saying "If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves, seek my face, and turn from their sins then I will hear them from heaven, forgive their sins and heal their land". Thursday it was about the act of humbling ourselves before God (and others for that matter ;) ) It didn't fill up my 45 minutes (only 30).

That was Thursday

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter