"Zurg to the left, Jafar to the right" A LOVELY weekend getaway! UPDATED 4/29!!

MinnieJay

Mouseketeer

Hello people! And welcome to my first ever fully finished TR! I'm a part time lurker on these boards (sorry) and full time Disney Lover.

OH! WHERE THE HECK ARE MY MANNERS?
I forgot to formally introduce myself.

My name is Jay. Almost 22, almost college senior, Southern Belle, Disney Cast Member. In my spare time, I lurk these boards and cry my eyeballs out watching YouTube videos of parents surprising their kids with a trip to Disney.

My parents introduced me to Disney at the tender age of four.

01-28-2009064117AM1.jpg

Me and my daddy
Picture074.jpg

Me on my first "roller coaster" aka the People Mover

I know...adorable right? Right.

Since then, we've been a few more times. My parents always took us in the summer months as we got older, thus starting my mom's hate for Disney.
IMG_2299.jpg

My parents added another offspring into the mix. This is my little brother. A quick trip to the World back in 08. See the sweat on our faces?It was July and felt like we were giving the sun a piggy back ride

Yes. My mom hates Disney. Since they pretty much always took us youngins in the summer, she now associates heat=Disney. Plus, she's a wuss and doesn't ride anything, but she makes a great bag holder when I ride stuff! :thumbsup2 I love my mom.

I've been finding my way back to Disney since 08.

In 2009, my high school senior class attended grad night. That year was the first (and to my knowledge ever) the first time Disney ever pulled GradNite out of the MK (which I was hugely disappointed about btw). Instead, we had it at Hollywood Studios. Blah. But it was still a fun night!
l_4abdabc6f0a846cd9fb987d035115b4a.jpg

l_ad7a8c50f5f6454fad73bd40f8ee556d.jpg

l_b389bdc975c3420092906554e86d563f.jpg

2010, me, the guy I was dating at the time and my two bestest (yes, I know that isn't a "real" word) friends, went down for a weekend trip. Me and then boyfriend and one of my best friends did a day of community service and in return, received a free Disney ticket for the promotion they were doing at the time. We went to the MK since we didn't get to go to GradNite there the year before.

628ddaea-a311-4e89-941c-c5ffece2df86_zpsa0ec8a34.jpg

Me and one of my best friends. Yeah, figured it might be weird to put a picture on a website of my ex...lol so, I left that picture out!

That trip lead me to my fasincation of all things Disney College Program, and shortly after that trip, I went home, applied, had two interviews and GOT IN!
Best thing I ever did and I'm hoping to do it again! I worked at All-Star Resorts in Merch. I did the Fall Program in 2010 and extended out my program to 2011. That internship led me to my job with the company today...a campus Representative. Because I need to stay well versed with all things Disney, is why I'm such a lurker on this site (that's my excuse and I'm stickin' to it!). Which drives my boyfriend of almost 2 years crazy.

c90530e8-606d-484b-ada0-99df51c7b7b7_zpse32b32dc.jpg

On our most recent adventure in Key West

This is my lovley boyfriend Malcolm. He is also a junior at my university majoring in Civil Engineering. I met him shortly after returning back to school from my DCP Internship. He was my next door neighbor. We started dating in September of 2011 and enjoyed our time being goofballs since then. He's not crazy for Disney like me, but puts up with it and gets excited to go once we're there.

On this trip we celebrated our one year anniversary on a short weekend trip.
Hope you join along as we celebrate young budding love :-)p) and my new position with Disney!

I’m my mother’s child.

Before I can go anywhere and when I know I will be gone from my house for a few days, my house has to be clean upon my return. So that’s what I did. Deep cleaned my apartment so it will be clean once we returned. (Me and Malcolm don't live together btw)

I learned this from my mother. Before any trip we made, the house had to be clean. I consider it a pre-vacation ritual.

Also, if we are taking a trip in my car (which we did because my car get’s better gas mileage and takes less to fill up than his Charger), my car HAS to be clean for road trips. I can’t drive long distances in my usually dirty car. It grosses me out. :crazy2:

So we spent the day getting my car, who I named Jeffery, all nice and clean!

6d3364bb-ace2-43ca-8852-50401a27547d_zpsb38d9c3d.jpg

After a good wash, a very thorough vacuum job, and a new little tree, Jeffery looked good inside out AND smelled like strawberries! YUM.

IMG_1657_zps00813f44.jpg

The above pretty much sums up my life. Oh yeah, ignore the school name. Disney got my GSU mixed up with that other *eyeroll* GSU. Never to fear, I have my correct school on my name tag now! :thumbsup2

Where we go to school is a little tiny college town in the middle of no where. Seriously. Smack in the middle of the country. It's a cute little town though full of small town things I'm still getting used to. For example, kids in public school here get a FULL week off of school for something called Fair Week. Basically, the fair comes into town and this is a big thing for the locals here. Kids here are really lucky.

I heard the food from the local vendors that set up at the fair were pretty good, so that's what Malcolm and I decided to eat for dinner. Because nothing is better than fair food right?

It was a little cool for an October night, but nothing unbearable. We're Southern, so cool to us is about 65. We got to the fair, walked around a bit to see what it had to offer food wise before deciding that I would get a Chilli Dog and Malcolm got some hot wings. It was pretty good.

We sat and admired the rides from afar. We are both wusses when it comes to fair rides (hey, we saw Final Destination....)

IMG_1675_zpsd9bc52e8.jpg

IMG_1676_zpse805eb82.jpg

IMG_1677_zpsca92169f.jpg

But we didn't stay long. I had an early day at work the next morning (working right before Disney...I was pretty much useless at work that day.) Then right after work, we were gassing up and heading to DISNEY! ...with a short detour.

Stay Tuned!

After a long day at work, it was time to head to DISNEY! Finally! I made Malcolm put our bags in the car the night before so all we had to gas up the car after I picked him up from his house.
IMG_1680_zps9f1320af.jpg

I snapped this leaving work.

The night before me and Malcolm drove down to Orlando, we spent my the night at my mom’s house. He thinks it was for the fact it would save us an hour of driving in the morning, but it was really because I was too cheap and pressed for time to go to my hairdresser all that week and that’s where my mom came to the rescue. She did my hair beautifully :)

We were scheduled to leave bright and early that morning….(foreshadowing...)

But of course I couldn't sleep.

I WAS TOO EXCITED TO SLEEP!

I haven’t been to Disney since my internship ended in Spring 2011. Even though Malcolm and I went to Downtown Disney last March during Spring Break (where I introduced him to the magic that is Earl of Sandwich, more about that later), it was a tease spending a few days at the Universal Studios Resort and not my “beloved Disney” (Malcolm’s words not mine).

So I checked Orlando’s weather...

ea694ae3-3c5b-4c89-920b-88380a900956_zps3a5a4aa8.jpg

Ignore the time on that...it was really like 1 am.

Looks like it was going to be a warm weekend! Good for me as I LOVE hot weather. On the other hand, Malcolm hates it.

And I set my alarm:
92974808-486c-49a6-9c5e-7e384d2479a6_zpsc62b190e.jpg

Yes. 5:03 am. If it was set for 5, I would sleep to 5:05 and if it was set to 5:10, I would sleep to 5:15. So 5:03 seemed like a good choice

Of course I had ‘When You Wish Upon a Star’ wake me up.

Somehow, I drifted away to sleep…

Only for thunder to wake up me a mere 5 mins before my 5:03 am alarm was set to go off.

I jumped out of bed and it was a full thunderstorm raging outside my window. Lighting, thunder, a mini hurricane, everything! I for sure didn't want to drive in that mess, so I was a bit disappointed. Disappointed enough that I slept an extra hour...:thumbsup2. Because of the rain, we are already behind schedule. The rain must have been peaceful to my mom and little brother who both overslept and raced to get ready for work and school respectfully. My mom had the smart (NOT) idea of “Hey, why don’t you run your brother to school for me so I can make it to work on time?” So we got stuck taking him on the 45 min traffic journey in hell to his school on the other side of town.

So a full almost 2 hours behind schedule, the rain had stopped and we were officially on vacation right?!

NOPE.

We had to make a “break” at a local hotel right off the highway for “someone” who didn't want to use the bathroom at my mom’s house…(he’s going to kill me….lol)

So after that 10 min diversion, we were finally on our way to Orlando!

IMG_1709_zps3afca751.jpg

Malcolm drove until we reached Jacksonville and had it FREEZING in the car which makes me SO sleepy. Two hours later, I woke up to him asking me what I wanted to eat from Chic-Fila in Jacksonville. I drove the rest of the way to Orlando to give him a chance to rest and because we had a very important pit stop before we checked into our hotel!

Upon leaving Jacksonville, I drove the remaining two hours to Orlando for a number of reasons.
1) To give my boyfriend a break to nap. I knew once I passed that big beautiful Disney gate, I'd be going off pure adrenaline.
2) I knew the way without a GPS to lead us straight to the hotel.
3) I'm the better driver. Last time we went to Orlando, the boyfriend drove his car (which I can't see over the steering wheel in :rolleyes1) He's from the country, so he's not used to the traffic, people driving all crazy, and people on International Dr darting out on foot in front of your car like they have a death wish. He felt uncomfortable driving, and since I lived there, I'm used to it and I blend right on in with the crazy Florida drivers. :thumbsup2
4) Because we had to do some 'backstage' work before checking into the hotel.

Because of my position with Disney, I get perks such as getting into parks for free :cool1:

I haven’t been down since my internship ended, so I had to turn in my old College Program i.d and get my ‘official’ i.d! Very exciting because I actually have a picture of myself on this i.d! Moving up in the Disney World (See what I did there?)

IMG_1710_zpsf8709e50.jpg

Not heading there quite yet!

I made it to Disney's University Security office just before closing time on that Friday, proceeded to get my I.D and left a very happy girl to be back in the place I love, with the boy I loved and most importantly, WITH AN ID THAT LET ME INTO THE PARKS!

I promised Malcolm that if I got my i.d, I would pay for half of his ticket. We got his ticket from Shades of Green because we both stem from Military parents so that entitled us to a bit of a discount. Which is always good.

Shades of Green is beyond gorgeous! When I was little, this is the resort we would stay at when we visited Disney World. After getting the tickets, we wondered around the resort a bit and snapped a few pictures. The resort was a bit dead, so no one to ask to get a picture of use together, so these would have to do.
IMG_1714_zps26ce65dc.jpg

IMG_1723_zps58209502.jpg

After letting my OCD kick in by taking pictures of his ticket front and back (in case it got lost) and asking Malcolm's 417 times if he was SURE he put the ticket in a safe place in his wallet, we were off!

We walked holding hands back to car excited to get to the next best thing besides the parks at Disney…

EARL OF SANDWICH!

I introduced Malcolm to these babies last Spring Break. At first he was a little taken aback by the long line, but I assured him that he would love it. AND HE DID! He usually get’s two to fill him up. Caribbean Jerk and the Hawaiian one. I’m plain, and just opt for the Classic Earl or something like that. Last Spring Break, we got the sandwiches to go and ate them on the beach of the Poly and watched Wishes. ahhh.

Back to this TR:
We made it to Downtown Disney and after 20 minutes of driving around, found a parking space. (Isn't October supposed to be a "slow" month? We weren't even there on a MNSSHP party weekend! ....that I know of...)

We stood in the line at Earl of Sandwich, which I was positive longer than whatever line Space Mountain had going on in the MK. But as always, it moved quickly. We got the usual sandwiches, he got a brownie and I got a parfait, and I paid for it because I got a Cast Member Discount here. We sat outside enjoying the weather (In the shade for Malcolm’s sanity) enjoying each other’s company and being in the Disney Magic.

IMG_1726_zpsfb698a1f.jpg

I could go for 3 of these RIGHT now!

Before long, there was a parade of little princesses, fresh from BBB. Music pipped into the area while cast members held up signs cheering them on and asking for their royal autographs. This, of course, made me tear up. I can’t wait to have a family of my own one day to bring to Disney. And have one little girl to bring to BBB. So sweet. These little girls were smiling to ear to ear. Cutest thing ever.

Our hotel (off-site this time) wouldn't be ready until 4 ish, so we walked around the shops passing time until it was time to check in.
IMG_1729_zps6128b66d.jpg

IMG_1730_zpsb8ac3e7c.jpg

A nice lady asked if she could take our picture for us after watching us take turns getting a pic with the fake Buzz. Disney Magic!
IMG_1732_zpsdeacf1d9.jpg

(yes, I made Malcolm change from that horrible Falcon tee shirt he had on earlier it’s all about SteelerNation ’round here!)
img_1880_zps3ba65652.jpg

IMG_1738_zpse9b0345b.jpg

We walked into some store where they were selling a lot of Jack Skellington merch. Malcolm was supposed to attend some Halloween party his freshman dressed as Jack, but came down with the flu a few days before the party and couldn't go. So he really wanted this cup to "make up for lost memories". :rolleyes: I told him we will buy it later.

IMG_1734_zps600b59dc.jpg

Before long it was 4ish and time to head to our hotel. We stayed at Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista. Pretty decent hotel for a short stay. Right across the street from DTD and I had stayed there before and felt comfortable there.

We got clearance from the security hut, checked in, got our stuff up to the room and crashed for a few hours. It had been a long day already, my head was starting to hurt and we still had plans for the night!

(This will be a short update, because it really has nothing to do with Disney, just me and some friends having a great time in Downtown Orlando :))

When I last left you all, me and Malcolm were taking a cat nap. I had a bad headache and we had been up all morning, so a nap was needed.

I had plans to meet up with my former roommate from my DCP aka the big sister I never wanted who I haven’t seen since I came down to visit her for my birthday that past June. She returned to the Central Florida area to attend school. Some other girls that I knew from the Spring 2011 internship were also in town visiting her. We were all over 21 now (wink) except for Malcolm (aka BabyBoy) and were excited to go out together.

We made plans to make the ride out to her house, get ready and catch the party bus to one of the clubs downtown.

Yeah right. (Notice a pattern happening here?)

Of course a houseful of girls takes forever to get ready. We had to turn music up, put make up and heels on, decide who was driving and what club we were going to.

We finally made it out the house and to Downtown Orlando and were headed to the Beacham. BabyBoy was upset because he had to pay 20 bucks for cover for being an underage male. Boo-Hoo! We danced and partook in some adult beverages for 2 hours or so. A guy recognized my boyfriend from somewhere and said he was a student doing the DCP from our school! How cool and random he picked my boyfriend out in the huge crowd! Must have recognized him from campus. After while, it was time to head out, Malcolm and I had an early start the next morning!....and my head was STILL killing me. :sick:

IMG_1755_zps9d9d9a09.jpg

Look how sweet BabyBoy is! My feet were killing me. DO YOU SEE THOSE HEELS?)

We decided to stop and get gas before heading back to the room.

Here is where things get weird.

First, I already warned Malcolm that no matter what, you WILL get stopped by someone in a gas station in Orlando with a sad sap story as to why they have no gas. I lived there for almost a year, I heard it all. And surely enough, we were approached by a couple, driving around in their giant SUV asking people for gas money. I’m sorry, but if I had to BEG for gas money, I would probably have that thing parked somewhere to save the little gas I do have, not driving around asking people to “give what they can”. But I digress.

Anywho, gas in Savannah and in Orlando cost about the same.

We filled up in Savannah with gas costing $3.42 a gallon. To get us from a half a tank to a full tank in Savannah for some reason cost of 32 bucks! At this point from driving around all day, we were almost on E in Orlando, and filled the whole tank for 39 bucks! HUH?

Have no idea how that happened.

But once again, I digress.

We made it back to the room, showered, and quickly fell asleep, the plan was to make it to the park for park opening.

Think that happened?

When I last left you all, it had been a long day. We had just left the club and made it back to the hotel just in time to shower and knock out. I had a really bad headache that didn't want to go away!

We had plans to wake up and and make park opening at the Magic Kingdom – something that I attempted many times during my College Program, but never could get up in time.

Go figure.

We set 3 alarms to go off – my phone, his phone and the hotel alarm clock for really early. Enough time for us to get dressed and make it to the park to see the welcome show.

Well, the sheets were just a bit to warm and it kinda turned into, “Can’t you just watch the welcome show on YouTube?”

Yes, yes I could. My head was pounding on the day I was set to go to the Magic Kingdom for the first time since my College Program ended. BLAH!

We finally got up, got dressed, filled up our ‘park bag’ (little cheap bag we got for our Spring Break trip to Universal last year. Holds everything I swear!) Filled it up with a water bottle and snack bars to hold us over until we decided to eat at the park.

It had to be around 8 or 9 am, so still pretty early and not to shabby.
IMG_1765_zps85fcf37f.jpg

On our way to MK!
We parked for free using my handy dandy cast member i.d :thumbsup2

We parked…
IMG_1766_zps8c678370.jpg

and went from the car to the tram…
IMG_1767_zpsada9daa6.jpg

and from the tram to the………..
monorail, but it was wayyyy too packed, so we went with Malcolm’s first choice, the ferry.

It wasn’t a long wait, but my goodness, my head was still pounding.

HOW RUDE IS IT TO HAVE A HEADACHE AT THE MAGIC KINGDOM?!

RUDE!

Anyway,

I got my first view of the Castle since eating Earl of Sandwich on Poly beach a few months ago.

My eyes watered. Any other time Malcolm would had called me a wimp, but he knew I was really ecstatic to be back.

We got our bag checked and headed (I skipped) down Main Street.

Got a picture taken on Main Street on our PhotoPass that I ended up buying

Then we took some individuals a la iPhone.
IMG_1769_zpsb7c3e3af.jpg

IMG_1770_zps6026873f.jpg

BabyBoy requested to head to….
IMG_1772_zps46eb3a60.jpg

TOMORROWLAND!
e4cdf6b5-e923-4397-9fdd-d02eed0d8163_zpsade6d2fc.jpg

IMG_1775_zps16db1d0d.jpg

Super excited!

To head to Space Mountain!
Line wasn’t too horrible, maybe around 25 minutes.
Before heading into the line, we grabbed fast passes so we could ride again.
IMG_1779_zps2b7a9d09.jpg

25 MINS MY BEHIND!

We waited in line so long, I thought we were going to miss our time to use our fastpasses!
IMG_1777_zps28322503.jpg

I tried to have fun waiting despite my raging headache.
We finally got on and it only made my headache worse. But not wanting to miss our chance to ride again, we got right back in line to ride again. They only had one track running for whatever reason, and that second go around really got to my head and seemed to last forever.
IMG_1778_zps66087ca5.jpg

I may be smiling, but in reality, my head was cursing me out in Russian.

I about crawled through the gift shop after the ride was over to the counter and got a little pack of Advil. I really needed to get a Coke or a coffee, any type of caffeine to help get rid of my everlasting headache.

*to be continued in next post.*

Ok, first...you two are beyond too cute. Adorable!

Second...all I can think of in regards to your headache is little Michelle from Full House going "How Rude!"

I tried making an update the other day but my Photobucket was acting up

When I last left you, I was basically crawling to the counter in the gift shop after riding Space Mountain for the second time.

No, over priced souvenirs weren't making me sick, my head was seriously about to disconnect from my body. It was hurting so bad, I would had been content with that.

I brought an overpriced packet of Advil and the nice cast member tried to give me a “Magical Moment” of a free water…but I needed caffeine, so I kindly declined.

I headed to the first eatery place I could find…Cosmic Rays.

Malcolm was hungry and I just wanted a coke and something to choke down the meds with so I wouldn't get sick. I got a cast member discount here, so that is always good.

IMG_1780_zps766c8ed9.jpg

I got chicken nuggets and that big coke. I can’t remember what Malcolm got, but I do remember that he ate all of his and then the rest of mine. My head was hurting so bad that I could only eat 2 nuggets. Plus, those things are huge. I sat there for a while letting the meds kick in.

After a while, my headache started to ease up and I felt good enough to take some pictures
87258bb2-d99a-40e5-a3fe-90dd02a0b52b_zpsb2e6849e.jpg

IMG_1787_zps0c304a92.jpg

Sorry those two pictures are all funky. That was when my PB was acting up and making the sizes all weird:confused3

I figured fresh air would do me some good so we headed out. Malcolm wanted to do another ride, I wanted to do something slow, so we headed to my first “roller coaster” , the People Mover. It was nice and slow moving and dark so if I needed to close my eyes for a sec or 4 mins, I would be okay.

IMG_1788_zps24936232.jpg

As soon as we got on, I started to feel like my old self again:
IMG_1794_zpsf24bf525.jpg

I call the People Mover my first roller coaster because when my parents first took me to Disney World, this ride, beside ‘it’s a small world’ was the only thing I wasn't scared to ride. Thanks to Pinterest, I’m now slightly obsessed with ‘Then & Now’ pictures. So below is me when I was four and then 17 year later, now that I’m 21.

IMG_1835_zpsab8dcf90.jpg

After leaving, I wanted to check out the new Fantasyland!

When I was just about to finish up my College Program when they were breaking ground and starting on FL. And I promised myself I would be back and there I was

However, today there weren't doing any soft openings, but we did get a chance to walk through the Circus.

IMG_1796_zpsa6fcfef5.jpg

It was so cutely themed! I loved it! I couldn’t convince my boyfriend to go on Dumbo or Goofy’s new roller coaster so because he refused to go on those with me, I refused to go on the Train with him. Take that Malcolm.

After walking around FL, we headed off in another direction Frontierland.
But the sun was just getting into its peak position and it felt like we were giving the sun a piggy back ride.

I was really craving something mouse shaped, and it was hot, sounded like a good plan to get my favorite….

Mickey Ice Cream bar.

If you never had one…YOU ARE LOSING!

Yes, they are that good.

So good, that Malcolm ate half of my dang ice-cream bar.

-_________-

Afterwards, we wanted to ride, BTM, but the wait line was crazy. I didn't want to wait in that.

What else to do?

Get another ice cream bar of course! And try to gobble it up before Malcolm steals another bite. (In my defense, he claims he doesn't like sweets, so I was helping him further not like them….lol)

We were play fighting over in a corner over the ice-cream when a nice older couple walked over to us and asked us if we wanted Fast Passes to BTM!

WHY YES, YES WE DO PLEASE!

They just handed them over, wished us a Happy Anniversary and left! :wizard:

So sweet, Disney Magic…YAY
IMG_1797_zps27575366.jpg

So we got in the fast pass line…took less than 7 mins for us to get to the run away trains!

A cast member asked us to ‘Step Aside’ and let some people cut ahead of us…

……….okay…….sure. I’m a cast member and once worked with guests. It could be all kinds of behind the scene stuff, so I didn't stress it before I could feel myself getting annoyed.

1 couple goes ahead of us, then another, and then 3 more. WAIT A MINUTE!

When he finally got to us, he asked those Magical words to Malcolm’s ear:

“Would you like to ride in the front?”

WHY YES, OF COURSE WE WOULD!

He was letting people in front of us so we could ride in the front and then he wished us Happy Anniversary! :wizard:

Usually, I’m a baby when it comes to riding in the very front or very back, I prefer to be somewhere solid…like the middle.

But during our Spring Break trip to Universal and IoA last year, Malcolm insisted that we ride in the front….FOR EVERY RIDE. Which we did, I mean, I kind of cursed him out during the first climb of Rip Ride Rockit (and if you see that thing, you wouldn’t feel bad for me yelling at him, that thing is insane) But I have been on BTM plenty of times, so it was a piece of pie.

23a25923-154a-4ba0-86e6-3f5e63daa6ba_zps6664486e.jpg

After this we toured the Swiss Family Treehouse. During the walk thru, Malcolm talked on the phone with his mom. I wasn't impressed by the treehouse. It was my first time (and my last…) kinda boring and slow moving. Eh.

By now, it was just past lunch and it boy was MK getting hot and packed. So we decided to head back to the room for a bit for a nap. A habit we picked up last SB. Leave during the middle of the day, come back when the sun and the crowds were down.

I'm finishing this thing TODAY...BECAUSE I HAVE EXCITING NEWS! :banana:

When I last left you, Malcolm and I were heading back to the room to catch a nap since the MK was getting far beyond busy.
"Go in October they said...
...it'll be slow they said."

Yeah right. Seems like people are catching on that October is a slow month and everyone heads down there now.

Anyways, around 6 p.m we headed back to the MK. I really wanted to show Malcolm the fireworks show he will one day propose to me under :bride: lol

This time, we rode the Monorail over to the park.

90ff9bf7-f0a0-4b99-ab62-959aa799d992_zps2ce74ce7.jpg

I miss my Florida sunsets more than anything! I can’t wait to be back.

I love the MK when the sun is about to set, it just has a different feel to it.

IMG_1808_zpsa229d90d.jpg

We headed towards Tomorrowland for my favorite,

Mike’s Laugh Floor.

Seriously, if I go do the DCP again, I’m requesting to be put here. I love that dang show.

We went earlier in the day and Malcolm was chosen to dance. I’ve never known him to be shy, but he wouldn’t get up and dance, which was funny to me.

“I’m thinking of a number between 1-50. Say the number to the crowd, I’ll cover my eyes so I can’t hear you.”

“47.”

“Did you say the number?”

“Yes.”

“Is the number 49?”

“No”

“Is it higher or lower?”

“Lower.”

*Super deep voice* “49″

ahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaha

I love that show.

Then we watched Wishes and very slowly with a crowd of 2983192832830832 thousand people, exited the park.

We had one more fun thing to do before we left tomorrow.

After we left, I wanted to go to the place that helped me gain an extra 25 lbs during my DCP and a place me and Malcolm frequent when we are in the Orlando area. Buffalo Wild Wings...or as I call it, BDubs

We went to the one at Crossroads, directly across the street from DTD and right by our hotel.

My headache was returning so I got a coke and water. Service and atmosphere was good and fun.

We had a lot of food left over, so we said we would eat it in the morning for breakfast before our activity we had planned!

******************the next morning***************************

We woke up bright and early. We have a habit of packing up the car early so we can leisurely stroll out later, not carrying a bunch of stuff trying to check out in time.

Plan was: wake up, get dressed, pack car, go to DTD, come back to room, eat breakfast.

We followed through with most our plan. We did wake up, get dressed and packed the car with the exception of a few items, such as the new water bottles we had just bought, food items, and small items.

Housekeeping had knocked on our door early this morning and we told her to come back later.

We were out the room close to 9 and we ran into housekeeping again. She saw us carrying our stuff out. I told her we will be back later for the rest of the items in the room. She nodded okay... (foreshadowing)

We were heading to DTD to do something I had always planned to do, but the timing was always off during my internship....

IMG_1823_zps874ea00d.jpg

I get a Cast discount so me and Malcolm woke up early for our balloon ride. We had to wait about 45 mins for the the wind to die down and we had to wait for another family to go because I believe only 10 people can go up at a time.

The first day we were at Downtown Disney we ran into one of the Captains and we promised him we would be back to ride with him. He was there when we got there and said he was glad we came back.

I won’t show pictures of our flight so I won’t ruin anyone else’s experience.
But I would love to do a night time flight. It was so much fun.

We got back to the room to eat breakfast than head back home. Only to come back to a room that was completely clean and ready for the next guests, even though our key still worked. So our new water bottles, all our snacks we had brought on the way down and to eat on the way back home and all those BDub wings we barely ate the night before were GONE!

I was furious! :mad: I told the lady we would be back! It wasn't close to check out time, I'm not sure why she would throw all our stuff out.

I went down to the front desk and demanded to talk to a manager. He got in touch with the housing manager and handled the situation. Seemed to be a "misinterpreted" situation from the housekeeper. Apparently, she only knew a few words of English and when I told her we would be back, she just nodded without understanding what I said. GRRRR. She translated to a interpreter that she threw away all our stuff and she was sorry." Apology accepted but geesh lady. The hotel refunded $25, which just covered dinner really, not all the stuff she threw away. GRRRRR.

So that left us in need to find breakfast. My old roommate and friends were eating at Sizzlers, but said it was the grossest thing they have ever ate, so we decided not to meet them there, but to go to CiCi's pizza instead.

I got a cast member discount there as well. I want to say I spent less than 8 bucks (maybe even 6?) for me and Malcolm to eat including drinks. We had the place to ourselves since it was so early in the morning.

We ended up talking to a nice kid who worked there who thought we were locals. I told him I was thinking about moving back down the area and he gave me some insights as to where to live. Nice guy.

Then we met up with my old friends to say some goodbyes and to head on the road back home!

And that's it folks!!! Thanks for reading!
IMG_1833_zps303196e4.png

I'm heading back to the World next month!!! Yay! Doing a little trip with one of my best friends for our birthdays! Leaving the day after her 21st and coming back the day before my 22nd! Staying on property and we have the dining plan!

I would have a PTR going, but since we are both ex-castmembers, there isn't TOO much we haven't seen already, so we are going commando in the parks.

I haven't made any ADRS since we don't know our plans. The best friend has just said she reallyyyyy wants to eat at Primetime at Hollywood. So hopefully we can snag an ADR for that, if not, oh well.

So excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter