“It’s kind of fun to do the impossible” A Nov 2011 pre trip report*Completed 10/31*

butterfly71076

DIS Veteran
“It’s kind of fun to do the impossible”

Welcome all to my first pre trip report! I thought what better way to start than a quote from “The Man” himself, Mr. Walt Disney!

Introductions:
Me: Nikki, (butterfly71076), 35 year old, mother of one amazing boy. I love all things Disney, and have been to WDW 7 times. I have stayed at Port Orleans (when Port Orleans and Dixie Landings were separate resorts), ASMu, ASMo, ASSports, and CBR. My first trip was in 1992, when I was 16 and have been hooked since!

DH: Andy, 35 years old, not really into Disney, but goes for me and The Boy (TB). We have been married for 10 years, together for 11. I took him on his first trip in 2004, and he did have a great time, just not into it like me!

mickey.jpg

DS or TB: Emmett, 3 years old, will be 4 on our trip. In his first year of preschool and loving every minute of it! This will be his 3rd trip to WDW and is very excited! He can’t wait to have dinner at “Mickey Mouse’s castle”! Yes, to him it’s Mickey’s castle, and no, you CANNOT correct him! LOL

DSC08808.jpg

Also joining us will be my DSis, Becky, and a longtime friend of the family, Dan. Dan is coming all the way from England and will be returning home with us for his very first Thanksgiving and Black Friday! To say he is excited is an understatement!

27240_429585991424_552756424_5710765_6898065_n.jpg

When:
We will be leaving on November 12 and returning November 21. This is our first trip in November and we will be going to our very first MVMCP!!! Becky and Dan will meet us in Orlando on November 13. He is flying in from England on the 12th, and found it to be cheaper doing it this way.

Where:
We will be staying at SSR for the first time! We rented points through DVC Rental Store with the DDP. This will be the first time we are using the dining plan (my DSis has used it before), first time renting points, and can’t wait to arrive!! Exactly 2 months from today!!

Nov 12- Chef Mickey 7:50 pm

Nov 13- Mama Melrose 12:15 pm, Fantasmic Dining

Nov 14- Liberty Tree 6:20 pm

Nov 15- Crystal Palace 4:30 pm and MVMCP!!

Nov 16- Tusker House 9:35 am

Nov 17- Ohana 8:10 pm

Nov 18- Garden Grill 7:45 pm

Nov 19- Hollywood & Vine 12:40 pm

Nov 20- 1900 Park Fare 9:25 am, Becky and Dan are also taking Emmett to CRT at 8:30 pm

Nov 21- Ohana 8:45 am.

So, Becky has decided she does not want to eat at Mama Melrose for Fantasmic dining, she doesn't like it there. But the only other day HS has EMH, at night, is the day we leave. And I thought this was going to be easy!! :rotfl: After tweaking with my calender, and finding out Fantasmic is every night, I might be switching our ADR's around. So far, I've been checking and re-checking, it's looks to be pretty easy, now to just get the whole group to agree on something!! Might be easier to find a dinner ADR at CRT than everyone agreeing!! :lmao:

Becky decided to take a quick trip down to WDW for MNSSHP, this weekend. I was hoping to get the daily calender finished. She won't be home until tomorrow. So more waiting it is. After seeing all the pictures and reports from MNSSHP, I want to see if we can book a bounce back for next October. Not sure if we can because we are renting points. I just want to take Emmett for 4 days and go to the party. It looks like so much fun!! Maybe someone knows for sure?? Any help would be appreciated!

I also really need to start a packing list. This is our first time in November and I can't seem to get a handle on what the weather could be like. I did check on wunderground.com and it said the average high is 77 and average low is 58. So basically, we will need shorts and jeans, and most likely sweatshirts, maybe a small jacket. I was planning on packing around 5 outfits each and doing :laundy: We are flying United, and they charge per bag, so I might be able to only bring two suitcases, which would save us $50.

OK, here is the plan for Day One, Nov 12:

ME- up at 4:30 am. Shower and dress. Wake up Andy and Emmett at 5 am. Everyone ready and car packed by 6 am. Leave for airport by 6:05 am. After security, grab a quick breakfast on the way to the gate. Plane departs 9:05 am. Arrive at 12:35pm, take ME and hope to arrive at SSR by 2 pm.

Once we check in and get settled, take a quick dip in the pool and head back to the room to get ready for dinner. We have an ADR for Chef Mickey at 7:50pm. After dinner, head to MK, see Wishes and maybe MSEP. Hope we enough time to ride a few and it's back to the resort for bed.

So, no I did not start a packing list and No, we have not tweaked the calender. :rolleyes: I decided it can wait until I finish Emmett's and Dan's autograph books. Yes, a very uncreative me, has jumped in, with the help of the awesome DISigners, and have made my first attempt at creativity. Not quite finished, but I will post pics when I am done. So far, I think they look pretty good, but, hey, what do I know? :flower3:

Day 2, Nov 13

Sleep in a bit, or as much as Emmett will let us! Can you hear the Disney Junior 5am song? :rotfl2:

Leave resort by 10:45 am. We have Fantasmic dining ADR at Mama Melrose for 12:15 pm. Fantasmic that night is at 6:30 pm (per the CM on the dining line).

There is also EMH from 8pm -11pm. If Emmett can't make it that long, we will take him back to the room, after Fantasmic. If he's good to go, EMH it is! Looking forward to Day 2 , being somewhat relaxed.

We are planning on going to Indiana Jones Stunt Show and Lights, Motor, Action. I have been to Indiana Jones before, but, Andy has never and wants to go. I said no problem since he's not complaining about any other plans or ADR's. We have never been to the Lights, Motor, Action and since Emmett is a huge Cars fan, I thought since the addition of Lightening McQueen, this is one not to be missed. I just hope he likes it!

This is also our first time seeing Fantasmic! I am very excited and am trying not to read too many posts about it. It seems you either love it or hate it. I just hope I am part of the "Love It" crowd! :love:

My lovely sister, Becky, calls me today to announce the purchase of her plane tickets! Yay, right?? That's what I thought. She then informs me, she has decided to cut her stay short by leaving a day early, on Nov 20. No big deal, right? Wrong! She then tells me, she will be leaving the night she is supposed to take Emmett to CRT. :headache: Now, yes, she has told him about having dinner in "Mickey's" castle and yes, he is VERY excited about this. I have no desire, at all, to spend $150 for the 3 of us to eat at CRT. But, how could I let Emmett down with not having dinner in his beloved Mickey's castle?? :sad1: Wouldn't that be kinda cruel?? As it looks right now, I am stuck going, boy is Andy going to love this! :eek:

I have been trying to price out, how to use 2 of our TS credits for CRT and pay OOP for other things. Looks like paying OOP for a couple breakfasts will be alot cheaper than paying OOP for CRT. Please send some pixie dust my way to finding another CRT ADR for a different day! The princesses and me just don't mix! :rolleyes1

No princesses for me!! :dance3:

Although, I would have totally taken Emmett to CRT, I was not looking forward to it. But, now, Becky has changed her flight to leave on Nov 21, so all is good! :woohoo:

Day 3, Nov 14

Day 3 is, without a doubt, going to be a slow, relaxing day. This one of the days I have planned on going slow. We have an ADR at 6:20 pm for Liberty Tree. MK has EMH from 8pm-11pm. If we want to try and stay, we (Meaning me, Andy, and Emmett) probably won't get to the park until 3pm or 4pm. Becky and Dan like to go commando and I do too. But, I promised Andy this trip, we would relax and not run around like "crazy people", that's a direct quote! :lmao:

It's the sleeping in part that is not going to work well. Emmett is my little alarm clock, and I think, at "Mickey's House", he will be worse! I can hear it now......"Disney Junior....where the magic begins":happytv:

yay! I am going for the first time in november too! my ptr link is in my signature! i see that your husband is wearing a cubs shirt & that you're from crystal lake. i'm in naperville! :goodvibes

yay! I am going for the first time in november too! my ptr link is in my signature! i see that your husband is wearing a cubs shirt & that you're from crystal lake. i'm in naperville! :goodvibes

We bleed Cubbie blue!! LOL Welcome neighbor! I am so jealous of your solo trip, I would love to take one! I am so sorry about your Mom, I am very close with mine also!

Day 4, Nov 15going to start off, hopefully, with a bit of hanging around the resort. A room breakfast and maybe some swimming. We have an ADR for Crystal Palce at 4:30pm, for an early dinner. After that, Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party, our first holiday party ever!! We are very excited!! Thinking about heading to MK by 3pm, get wristbands at 4pm, go to dinner, then head to get in line to meet the 7 dwarfs!!! After, I get my picture with the dwarfs, the night will be open and easy. Fingers crossed Emmett makes it to 12!!

I finally finished Emmett's autograph books! :banana: I made him one for MVMCP and one for our character dining. We have 8 character meals planned, so we needed a different book. I was going to make him one for everyday character seeking, but, it was getting too thick. I opted for just the meals and party. I took pics of the covers, so a huge THANK YOU to MusicMouse, from Creative DISigns, for designing the covers for me, you rock!! :worship: Also would like to thank everyone at Creative DISigns for all the awesome autograph book pages. They came out great!

MVMCP book
DSC01589.jpg

Character Dining Book
DSC01588.jpg

Day 5, Nov 16

AK, EMH 8 am-9 am. Yes, I am going to be mean and make Andy and Emmett get up early the morning after MVMCP to make rope drop. We have an ADR for Tusker House at 9:35 am, and I want to do Kilimanjaro Safaris before breakfast! After breakfast, the day is relaxed and unplanned. I want to take Emmett to Finding Nemo – The Musical and Festival of the Lion King. FotLK is my all time, favorite show in any park. I took Emmett last year and he seemed to like it. I have never seen Nemo, so would like to see that and Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade, another one I haven't seen. Probably make this an early back to the resort day.

I get an email yesterday, saying my flights have been "revised". They took my perfect non stop flights and changed them all around. :scared1:

The original plan:

Nov 12: Depart Chicago at 9am, arrive Orlando at 12:35pm
Nov 21: Depart Orlando at 5:05pm, arrive Chicago at 6:59pm

The 1st revised plan:

Nov 12: Depart Chicago at 8:43am, arrive Washington DC at 11:30am
Depart Washington DC at 12:20pm, arrive Orlando at 2:42pm
Nov 21: Depart Orlando at 2:23pm, arrive Chicago at 4:18pm

The 2nd revised plan:

Nov 12: Depart Chicago at 8:56am, arrive Orlando 12:35pm, with free economy+ upgrade
Nov 21: Depart Orlando at 2:23pm, arrive Chicago 4:18pm

Now, I did get them to change the Nov 12 flight to non stop, with a free Economy+ upgrade, but, I am just so upset over this Nov 21 flight. :sad: It is screwing up all my plans for that day!! We have an ADR for Ohana at 8:45am and had planned to use our last day (on ticket) to head over to MK, one last time. Now, we won't have time for any of that! the ME will pick up 3 hours before the flight, which means at 11:30am. By the time we are done with breakfast, we will have to head back to SSR to catch the ME. What a lousy way to end a perfect vacation!!

I never fly United, always American, but, I found a great deal, less than $600 for the 3 of us, so I jumped at it. Now, I could kick myself for not waiting and booking American. I have never had any problems with American, and with this happening, I will NEVER book anything but American! :sad1:

Thanks for letting me vent!! Day 6 update soon!!

Hello~ We're headed to the World in November, too!... just 39 days! :cheer2:

I love the autograph books! And my husband is the same way- he goes along w/ the rest of us but could go a little longer between Disney trips. :rolleyes:

We're hoping to catch Fantasmic for the first time, as well. I haven't read anything; just want to experience it for ourselves.

I definitely understand how frustrated you must be about the change in flights; I hope it works out for you! :)

If you have time, check out our November PTR! :goodvibes

Hello~ We're headed to the World in November, too!... just 39 days! :cheer2:

I love the autograph books! And my husband is the same way- he goes along w/ the rest of us but could go a little longer between Disney trips. :rolleyes:

We're hoping to catch Fantasmic for the first time, as well. I haven't read anything; just want to experience it for ourselves.

I definitely understand how frustrated you must be about the change in flights; I hope it works out for you! :)

If you have time, check out our November PTR! :goodvibes

Thanks! I am probably the least creative person, but, I wanted to try and do the autograph books. My DS, Emmett, is very happy with them, so that makes me happy with them!

I have given up trying to convince DH, WDW is "where it's at". :rotfl: I told him, we can do other vacations and after this trip, I will take Emmett by myself. Next year, he won't need a stroller, so it will be easier. Of course, it doesn't take much to convince my mom or sister to come along! :rotfl2:

Thanks for reading!

:banana: Very happy here!! United gave me a FULL refund and I got awesome flights on American for about $80 more, which to me is totally worth it!! :woohoo: So now, we leave Chicago at 7:10am, arrive Orlando at 10:35am. On our return we leave Orlando at 8pm and arrive in Chicago at 9:45pm. :dance3:

Day 6, Nov 17

After a early wake upon Day 5, we might sleep in Day 6. In room breakfast, maybe some morning pool time. Head to MK around lunch time. We have an ADR for Ohana at 8:10pm. Which is perfect because MK closes at 8pm that day. Maybe after dinner we will head out to DTD for some shopping, but, I'm not sure about store hours or how Emmett will be. With a 4 year old, you never can tell!! :lmao: I am dying to go to World of Disney, Goofy's Candy Co, and Disney Days of Christmas. Although, I'm sure Andy would love to keep me away from any shopping!! :idea:, I'll send him back to the resort with Emmett!! :rotfl2:

Today is our ADR at Garden Grill at 7:45pm. I think I am most excited about this dinner because Emmett and I LOVE :love:Chip and Dale! And it is our first time there. I was thinking of having a cake for Emmett's birthday here and hopped over to the cake threads for some awesome advice on how to do it!! Any questions about having cakes delivered to restaurants or hotels, check it out!! Epcot has EMH this night, until 12am. Starting out a bit late to day, again. I know, it's driving me crazy :upsidedow but I promised Andy I would take it easy on him this time around. Maybe then, he'll want to go back with us!!:lovestruc Arrive at Epcot around 2pm, maybe send Andy and Emmett on a few Kim Possible missions. I think they both would like it! Try and stay as long as possible into the night. Hopefully we will catch IllumiNations!

Although HS has EMH this morning, I think we will skip and head over around 10 am. Not too concerned with TSM fastpass, if we get them, great, if not, oh well. I refuse to be part of the herding. We have an ADR for Hollywood & Vine at 12:40pm, so Emmett can meet Special Agent Oso, he is very excited. We are also planning on meeting Phineas and Ferb the first time we are at HS (Day 2), so no rush for that either. Sounds like another relaxing day at the parks! :rotfl2:

I must say this whole, no rush take it easy, approach is starting to bother me! I am a total commando person and love it! Andy, however, would like to be ON vacation. So I did promise to take it easy. Let's see how that works!:laughing:

9:25am ADR at 1900 Park Fare. We have done the dinner before, but, never the breakfast. I am excited, Alice in Wonderland is my favorite animated Disney movie! This will be the first time I get to meet her!!! :banana: Heading to MK after breakfast. Will, most likely, take an afternoon break back to the resort for swimming and napping. Andy is the napper, Emmett and I are the "let's goers"! :lmao: Returning to MK, later this evening, around 7:30. Emmett has a "date" with Cinderella at 8:30pm. He is VERY excited to be having dinner in "Mickey's Castle". I have tried to tell him many times, it's Cinderella's Castle, but, he argues! To him, it is Mickey's Castle and that is it! :love: After the CRT dinner, to which Andy and I will not be attending :woohoo:, we will try and catch Wishes again. MK has EMH 10pm-1am. I don't know if Emmett will make it until 1am, we'll see how he is. If anything I can always send Andy back to the resort with him, while I stay and soak up some MK Mommy time! :rotfl2: I don't mind being a group of 3, with Becky and Dan. I can ride by myself, no big deal. I just wonder if Andy will go for it? :rotfl: I guessing it will be no problem, he's not one to complain about leaving the parks early!! :dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter