“Mommy, why is that lady taking pictures of her food?" updated w/Aloha Dinner Show

FanOfPixar

Mouseketeer
Six days of stares, pointing and “Mommy, why is that lady taking pictures of her food?” 10/22 – 10/28/2007 food report

I am just back from six days of the Disney Dining planl 10/22 – 10/28. Due to careful planning and for the first time in three years on the dining plan we used every credit. I have reviews, pictures and some prices. So let’s get started.

The Cast of Characters:

Stitch: My 10 year old cousin. Stitch has graduated from the kids dining plan to the adult dining plan this year. He is not an adventurous eater and his favorite food is ribs and wings. Definitely a meat and candy eater (Stitch does not eat too many potatoes). It was hard as you will see to get him to eat a balanced diet. Stitch loves steak and seafood.

Minnie: My 40-something Aunt. Minnie is a finicky eater and loves “normal” food. She usually hates chicken but in her own words “manages to choke it down” a couple times a week. Minnie loves steak and seafood.

Lilo: Me – 30-something old daring eater who loves all kinds of food including chicken and vegetables. I did most of the planning for the trip including the snack, table and counter service usage.

Day One (Monday):

We arrived in the late afternoon and decided to go to Downtown Disney for dinner and shopping. We decided to have dinner at Wolfgang Puck Express which has always been our favorite at Downtown Disney. The total out of pocket cost without the meal plan would have been $47.02. We used 3 counter service credits.

Stitch: Stitch had the Pepperoni and mushroom pizza (without mushrooms) for his entrée and a chocolate chip cookie for dessert. Stitch usually hates pizza (I know a 10 year old who hates pizza???) but he loves this pizza. “It has lots of pepperoni” he says which is a must if he eats pizza. The chocolate chip cookie was pretty good but most of it ended up on the floor because it was so soft and crumbling.

pepperonipizza.jpg

Minnie: Had the 4-cheese pizza and loved it. She said that it was just what she normally expects from Wolfgang Puck a great pizza with lots of cheese. She also had the chocolate chip cookie.

4cheesepizza.jpg

Lilo: I had the Barbeque chicken pizza and it was very good. It was not as good as I recall from last year, the chicken was a little chewy and it was not hot just warm. I did really enjoy it. The crème brulee was delicious with a sweet and crunchy top and the custard was so good. I enjoyed every bite.

bbqpizza.jpg

cremebruleewolfgangpuck.jpg

Snack:
Stitch and I decided to try the dipped rice crispy treats for a snack at Goofy's Candy Company. We did not eat it right away but munched on it for most of our trip. Stitch only had a few bites he said it was too sweet, he put on too many toppings.
stitchricecrispy2.jpg

stitchricecrispy2-1.jpg

I loved mine but only a bite at a time. It was really good, next time I think I will only get a couple of toppings on it rather than most everything.
liloricecrispy.jpg

liloricecrispy2.jpg

We paid out of pocket for these snacks; the total cost was $6.39.

That’s it for now. I need to get unpacking and ready for work tomorrow, yuck!!! More to come.

Enjoying your report! Looking forward to more. Thank you for the pictures, they are helpful when planning.:thumbsup2
K

Great report and pics! Love the pizza at WPE too! We ate there a few weeks ago and will again on our next trip in 11 days!!!:banana:
Can't wait for the rest of your reviews!

Thanks to everyone who has read my report and left such nice comments.

Day Two (Tuesday):

After hours and hours of reading the DIS boards in preparation for this trip I was determined not to eat a cheeseburger or chicken fingers on this trip. I did break that vow later in the week (what can I say sometimes a girl just needs a cheeseburger), but not today!

The first day is always a Magic Kingdom day so we got up early and headed to the park. We were starved by 11:30 so we got together and looked at my list of non-cheeseburger/chicken finger restaurants. Stitch really like the idea of eating while looking at a ride so we decided on Pinocchio’s in Fantasy Land.

Stitch got the cheese pizza, salad and chocolate cake for dessert. I know I said this kid does not like pizza; maybe he doesn’t like pizza at home. I guess faced with the other choices on the menu pizza was the least offensive. :rotfl2: Anyway, this was your standard WDW pizza. He did eat some of the salad. He also decided that he no longer likes blue cheese dressing. When I questioned him he stated that his taste buds changed!? The chocolate cake was saved for later.
stitchpizzaandsalad.jpg

Minnie and I both got the cheese steak. We live outside of Philadelphia and are cheese steak experts and we agreed that it was good. The steak however was over salted. The French fries were the best part of the meal. Minnie saved her Strawberry shortcake for later and never ended up eating it. I got the cannoli and while I enjoyed the two bites I had (way too full) it was not the best I ever had.

minniecheesesteak.jpg

lilocheesestk.jpg

lilofries-1.jpg

lilocannoli.jpg

The total out of pocket cost for this lunch would have been $42.30 without the meal plan but we used 3 counter service credits.

Coming up: Dinner at Chef Mickey's

Where is the place that you get to chhose your ingredients for your snack? We decided we just HAVE to do that next trip! :woohoo:

more!!! Can't wait to read more!!! Hurry!!! Type faster!! Love the pictures!! We are leaving two weeks from Today!!

:santa:

I can't wait to read more! I love the little figures you use in your photos, what a great idea! Mind if I borrow it?

Stephanie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter