“Mommy, why is that lady taking pictures of her food?" updated w/Aloha Dinner Show

Day 5 (Friday)

We stayed at MGM, sorry Disney Hollywood Studios from open to close on Friday due to early reservations at Mama Melrose and my insistence that we not miss Fantasmic again. So to have energy for such a long day we decided to get Burgers! Not just burgers but Double Cheese Burgers. We ate at Backlot Express which was very crowded even early for lunch. I met a really nice DISer (SnowWhite84, I think) and her friend in line. Hi.

We all got the same meal, Cheeseburger with fries and a Blue Raspberry Icee. For dessert Minnie and I got the chocolate swirl cheesecake and Stitch go a chocolate chip cookie from the kids menu the cheesecake was really good. The meal was good and filling and what you expect from a counter service cheeseburger.

backlotexpress.jpg

Day 5 (Friday) continued:

We had reservations at Mama Melrose for dinner. I was a little concerned about this because of some bad reviews but decided to try it anyway. This was the second best meal of our trip (next to Teppan Edo). The waitress was great, the food was fabulous and we loved the atmosphere.

We started out with a ½ carafe of Sangria, which was very tasty.
sangria.jpg

For appetizer we ordered different items and shared them all. The Artisan Bread plate which was served with roasted garlic (my favorite), pesto and sun-dried tomatoes, this was superb.

artisanbreads.jpg

The bruschetta was amazing; I kept this on my side of the table.

bruschetta.jpg

The mozzarella with tomatoes was quite tasty also.

mozzarellaandtomatoes.jpg

For entrée Stitch and I got the Chicken Parmesan which was very good (I make better), the chicken seemed that is was pre-made and not handmade.

chickenparm.jpg

Minnie got the Penne Alla Vodka which is a recent favorite of hers. She loved it.

penneallavodka.jpg

For dessert Minnie and I got the Hazelnut Cheesecake which was amazing, I forced myself to eat it because it was sooooo good.

hazlenutcheesecake.jpg

Stitch did not like his Chocolate Truffle Cake but I tasted it and it was excellent.

choctrufflecake.jpg

Coming up: Aloha Dinner Show and Cosmic Rays.

I am glad that you liked Mama Melrose my husband picked this for our upcoming trip and I was worried about it but I have seen alot of good reviews lately.

Great update - I am really looking forward to reading your review of the Aloha dinner as we are considering it for April :)

Great pictures of the food at Mama Melrose's! I was a little skeptical about making ADR's here too since there have been so many negative reviews but I'm glad I did now seeing your pictures! :thumbsup2 We leave in 25 days!! :banana: :banana:

Thanks for the review on Mama Melrose! Like you, I have been nervous to eat there, but made an ADR anyways. Your photos have given me hope! The food does look yummy, and I'm excited about the tomato and mozzerella!

Great reviews- I have an eleven year old dd so hearing about stitches choices have been helpful- thanks ,Jen

Questions about the goofy create your own treat....
"We paid out of pocket for these snacks; the total cost was $6.39."

I assume that price is for each one treat??? And how do they charge for it, is it per topping or one set price and you just check off whatever you want? And is DTD the only place you can get these?
Thanks

Great Reviews!!
We are looking forward to Teppan Edo in December after reading
your scrumptous review.

Questions about the goofy create your own treat....
"We paid out of pocket for these snacks; the total cost was $6.39."

I assume that price is for each one treat??? And how do they charge for it, is it per topping or one set price and you just check off whatever you want? And is DTD the only place you can get these?
Thanks

This was the price of two treats, $3.00 each plus tax. You do not get charged for additional toppings. I recommend you only stick to two or three, it gets to be a bit much with many toppings, just ask Stitch.

Day 5 (Saturday)

We visited Magic Kingdom for the a second time because it is our favorite park. I wanted to eat at Columbia House but got out voted. So we ended up eating at Cosmic Ray’s in Tomorrow Land instead. This was great counter service, maybe even better than Flame Tree Barbeque at Animal Kingdom, O.K. it was dead-even tie for best counter service between the two.

This was a huge meal and is probably best eaten as a dinner. It was so good.

Stitch got the ribs, he loves ribs. He was forced to eat the potatoes and green beans. He could not even begin to finish this meal. Stitch got chocolate cake for dessert and only took a bite.

cosmicraystitch.jpg

Minnie and I had the same meal the chicken and rib combo. They both were really good and very filling. The chicken was moist and really good. The ribs were great, they were served with the bbq sauce already on them. They were served with Red Mashed potatoes and some of the best green beans I ever tasted (of course they were drenched in butter). I got the chocolate cake (of course) for dessert and Minnie got the carrot cake. We both only took a few bites. After this filling tasty meal we needed the walk around Magic Kingdom.

Minnie:

cosmicraysminnie2.jpg

Lilo:

comsicrayslilo.jpg

Coming Up: Just one more, it makes me so sad, I had a lot of fun writing this. Aloha Dinner

Just discovered your reviews.:goodvibes I love, love, love the way you posed the little figures with your food.
Thanks for the review of Teppan Edo. It was under refurb when we were there and it looks great!

Thank you for posting the picture of the Chocolate Truffle Cake at Mama Melrose! I had that back in March, took a picture, but it didn't turn out. That was one of the best desserts I have ever had in WDW... *drools* :laughing:

Looking forward to reading your last part of the review! Great job, and glad y'all had fun! :wizard:

That chicken from Cosmic Ray's looks yummy - bring on the Aloha dinner review. I'm waiting patiently popcorn::

I too am waitly patiently for the Aloha dinner review. I am doing that next week and want to know what to expect. Though I think the menu will be different for Thanksgiving week. I hope there are lots of pics....

Hi! Remember me from standing in line with you going to AK? There were 3 of us talking about the disboards. I'm enjoying your dining reviews, great job!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter