• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

‘Tiana’s Bayou Adventure’ to Open in Late 2024, Replacing Splash Mountain

Status
Not open for further replies.
They already have a new theme, it is a perfect fit for the structure, it's an IP grossly underused and it will be a very popular ride ~ probably way more than it is now. I anticipate ILL and long lines.
The Princess and the Frog is definitely not a perfect fit for Splash Mountain. PatF was set in New Orleans, which is not known for mountains or waterfalls. It will work slightly better in DL than MK since it will be adjacent to New Orleans Square but I think anyone building a PatF attraction from scratch wouldn’t think first of a flume ride.

That’s why I don’t want a Princess to take over a ride that appeals to all genders.
I agree! All Disney themes (and accompanying rides) should be either androgynous or intersex. And eliminate all colors from the parks as well. Black and white only!!! Neutrality everywhere! We all know that boys only like rides with no girls in the theming and girls only like rides with no boys in the theming. So let's get rid of all of it. Even you, Wall-E. We all know Eve is a "girl" bot. Keep those girl bots off my rides!!!!

The Princess and the Frog is definitely not a perfect fit for Splash Mountain.

PatF was set in New Orleans, which is not known for mountains or waterfalls. It will work slightly better in DL than MK since it will be adjacent to New Orleans Square but I think anyone building a PatF attraction from scratch wouldn’t think first of a flume ride.

Vigorously disagree. The renderings they have shown, the ability to incorporate different levels of lighting and scenes ... all work well with an evolving "adventure". The imagineers even toured the salt mines outside NOLA which work very well. They could even turn the courtyard area and train station into a NOLA theme to complete the cycle of the story. Hey, I would love to exit through a beignet bar rather than gift shop, with wrought iron tables and chairs in the empty space outside.

And Song of the South was set in South Georgia - FLAT FLAT South Georgia. No waterfalls. No fit at all. The great thing about fantasy, imagination and the creativity of the imagineers is the ability to take a story and make it work in a way that is both fun and enjoyable.

And the best way to enjoy a park is to be immersed in imagination and not try to make everything fit reality.

Last edited:
Vigorously disagree. The renderings they have shown, the ability to incorporate different levels of lighting and scenes ... all work well with an evolving "adventure". The imagineers even toured the salt mines outside NOLA which work very well. They could even turn the courtyard area and train station into a NOLA theme to complete the cycle of the story. Hey, I would love to exit through a beignet bar rather than gift shop, with wrought iron tables and chairs in the empty space outside.

And Song of the South was set in South Georgia - FLAT FLAT South Georgia. No waterfalls. No fit at all. The great thing about fantasy, imagination and the creativity of the imagineers is the ability to take a story and make it work in a way that is both fun and enjoyable.

And the best way to enjoy a park is to be immersed in imagination and not try to make everything fit reality.
The only thing I’m sure about these days is that any finished product at Disney will be far inferior to their renderings and plans, due to all the cuts to the ride budget that they will eventually make. I still think the most likely outcome is a new paint job on bre’r rabbit to make him look like Tiana, a new paint job on Br’er Fox to make him look like Dr. Facilier, and that’s about it. Maybe they’ll remove some of the currently broken ride elements and replace them with permanent stationary cut-outs.

The only thing I’m sure about these days is that any finished product at Disney will be far inferior to their renderings and plans, due to all the cuts to the ride budget that they will eventually make. I still think the most likely outcome is a new paint job on bre’r rabbit to make him look like Tiana, a new paint job on Br’er Fox to make him look like Dr. Facilier, and that’s about it. Maybe they’ll remove some of the currently broken ride elements and replace them with permanent stationary cut-outs.
I couldn’t decide if I wanted to laugh or cry at this. 😂😭

EECH! This is lazy design at best! The colors don’t clash well! The tree is also gone!
Yeah cut backs already.... With the tree I could see some major structural changes being needed.

But assume this is DL version... maybe there will be differences?

Yeah cut backs already.... With the tree I could see some major structural changes being needed.

But assume this is DL version... maybe there will be differences?
You're correct that the model is based on the DL version. Many things differ between the 2 parks so not sure what this attraction's updates will look like at WDW.

If you have to search to see how the pictures are different, that is a bad sign. Not off to a good start.

I dunno, I think it looks pretty.

Is the briar patch gone on the big hill?
It would be nice to compare side by side pictures to really see the differences.

I imagine they will keep much of it intact to save money and move the project along quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter