‘Tiana’s Bayou Adventure’ to Open in Late 2024, Replacing Splash Mountain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooo it would be interesting if they expanded New Orleans Square in DL to make the TBA attraction be a part of it. It just makes so much sense.
Right, even at WDW it would be possible to do some changes. Would be AWESOME to have some good NOLA food offered! Bring a touch of Mardi Gras, maybe annual mini food fest. 📿

I DID say in my post the name was awful like all the names Disney give its attraction.
Sorry - didn't mean you per se! It is just fascinating (I get it - I work in a setting where the names are too cute and I hate having to explain it all)

Ooo it would be interesting if they expanded New Orleans Square in DL to make the TBA attraction be a part of it. It just makes so much sense.
I could see this overhaul being a natural way to stretch New Orleans Square over to Critter Country but leaving Winnie the Pooh and Hungry Bear alone. It makes sense to go from New Orleans Square, out to the Garden District with Haunted Mansion, and then to the Bayou. There's a Tiana themed quick service restaurant going in where Le Bat En Rouge dress shop used to be. I don't see them retheming Country Bear given how far away it is.

If I had a magic wand, I'd move Winnie the Pooh over to Fantasyland like in WDW.

Here's the link to the second photo, and here’s the one for the first photo.
I know the first was an original, and thank you for the second. The fact that they are still using that photo in their recent announcements seems like they are on the same path.

I could see this overhaul being a natural way to stretch New Orleans Square over to Critter Country but leaving Winnie the Pooh and Hungry Bear alone. It makes sense to go from New Orleans Square, out to the Garden District with Haunted Mansion, and then to the Bayou. There's a Tiana themed quick service restaurant going in where Le Bat En Rouge dress shop used to be. I don't see them retheming Country Bear given how far away it is.

If I had a magic wand, I'd move Winnie the Pooh over to Fantasyland like in WDW.
I'm not familiar with DL but it sounds like it would be much easier there than WDW. And it would be very cool to expand on that theme/story. I would love some expansion here as well.

Pooh ride could be problematic. My understanding is that they are very restricted as to what they can do especially taking it down.

I know the first was an original, and thank you for the second. The fact that they are still using that photo in their recent announcements seems like they are on the same path.

I'm not familiar with DL but it sounds like it would be much easier there than WDW. And it would be very cool to expand on that theme/story. I would love some expansion here as well.

Pooh ride could be problematic. My understanding is that they are very restricted as to what they can do especially taking it down.
DLR is pretty landlocked in that area since the railroad runs right next to both attractions and the Hungry Bear restaurant. It's a two story quick service restaurant with the windows up top and covered seating on the bottom level. I doubt they would change it but I guess anything is possible.

I think renovating Splash to Tiana is going to be much more of a natural fit at DLR than WDW. But Winnie the Pooh also has both a small area for meeting the characters and a decently sized shop. I don't know if it would be worth it to Disney to change all that. I think they keep it the same and stop at Tiana's. The entrance of Splash faces the entrance to Winnie the Pooh

Splash Mountain was one of my all time favorite rides and the theming was a big part of my love for it. I had never even heard of "Song of the South", but once I did, it sort of ruined it for me. I mean, lots of beloved things have been "ruined" lately thanks to wokeness. And once that's happened, there's no going back. Might as well get excited about the retheming.

So, all you clever people, what is to become of BTMRR? I mean, with all the retro-fitting of Disney IP...how will they reimagine BTMRR?

And, what about the Golden Horse Shoe or Country Bear Jamboree...will they retheme these to fit with TBA and expand the NOLA themeing?

Louisiana does have a mountain...Driskill Mountain, though only a bit over 500 ft above sea level. It also has several prominent hills and mounds which could have easily worked into the name/theme since Splash Mountain was located within Chickapin Hill.

So, all you clever people, what is to become of BTMRR? I mean, with all the retro-fitting of Disney IP...how will they reimagine BTMRR?

And, what about the Golden Horse Shoe or Country Bear Jamboree...will they retheme these to fit with TBA and expand the NOLA themeing?
I doubt they do anything further as far as retheming Frontierland at MK. That would take a lot of money that I doubt Disney is willing to spend.

Pretty quick turn around for the ride to be redone.

Probably means a bunch of screen crap instead of the animatronics that are beloved on the ride.

I hope everyone who complained on Twitter about the original, who have never ridden it or ever will, or been to Disney, will be happy in the end…

In all seriousness though, the name is fine and I expect it to be great. They know it’s iconic

How was your trip? Do you have a link to your trip report or did you post on here and back?!

Our trip is coming up in about a week and a half (July 19th). I'll do my best to report back with my impressions of everything. I will especially be comparing it to last summer when it was all standby only (which we loathed). We did pre-purchase G+ for all 8 days. I don't think we can bring ourselves to justify the cost of $ILL though. (have to draw the line somewhere LOL)

Here is the rundown of our upcoming schedule and meals:

Staying Polynesian DVC all 8 nights.
AK - Arrival Day (we arrive to MCO 9:40am) - Satu'li Canteen lunch
MK - Day 2 (EEH), Steakhouse '71 or Jungle Skipper Canteen
HS - Day 3 - Hollywood Brown Derby (Cobb Salads)
EP - Day 4 - Nine Dragons Lunch, Via Napoli Dinner
MK - Day 5 - Steakhouse '71 or Jungle Skipper Canteen
HS - Day 6 - Beaches and Cream, Kimonos (sushi at the Swan)
EP - Day 7 (EEH) - Via Napoli Dinner
MK - Day 8 - Kona Café for lunch or dinner

-Dan

Tony Baxter was announced to be working along this project. I wonder if he really has any leeway. I would imagine he won't, so it'll certainly be interesting to see how it turns out.

Our trip is coming up in about a week and a half (July 19th). I'll do my best to report back with my impressions of everything. I will especially be comparing it to last summer when it was all standby only (which we loathed). We did pre-purchase G+ for all 8 days. I don't think we can bring ourselves to justify the cost of $ILL though. (have to draw the line somewhere LOL)

Here is the rundown of our upcoming schedule and meals:

Staying Polynesian DVC all 8 nights.
AK - Arrival Day (we arrive to MCO 9:40am) - Satu'li Canteen lunch
MK - Day 2 (EEH), Steakhouse '71 or Jungle Skipper Canteen
HS - Day 3 - Hollywood Brown Derby (Cobb Salads)
EP - Day 4 - Nine Dragons Lunch, Via Napoli Dinner
MK - Day 5 - Steakhouse '71 or Jungle Skipper Canteen
HS - Day 6 - Beaches and Cream, Kimonos (sushi at the Swan)
EP - Day 7 (EEH) - Via Napoli Dinner
MK - Day 8 - Kona Café for lunch or dinner

-Dan
Hope all goes well and you have a great trip. Invested in seeing how it goes for you as I’ve followed your posts on other threads and it seems like you have similar family dynamics as us and tour similarly (pre- genie days) and share similar feelings about changes in the past year.

Hope no matter how it goes your able to find some magical moments and make great memories with your family!

There are plenty of rides that stand alone in their theme. They don't have to do anything to surrounding attractions etc but ..............

WDW -

Splash Mountain was not original nor was BTM. The only thing over there were different boats, including ones to Tom Sawyer Island. You have to cross bridges to get to this area so it doesn't have to be impacting Frontierland (Country Bear) at all.

Big Thunder can stay just the way it is. If they truly wanted to expand on the theme I suppose it could move the theme towards the salt mines they speak of in the promos that are outside NOLA. But I don't think that is necessary.

The shop that was Pooh and now sits empty for sure needs some Princess & Frog, Mardi Gras etc theme. There is also the small gift shop at the end of the ride - be awesome to be a BEIGNET BAR and add French Quarter style exterior and tables/chairs out in the courtyard next to it. The entire interior of the Splash outdoor queuing area could be made more NOLA/bayou, even changing the train station theme.

LONG term I'd love to see total renovation of Tom Sawyer Island - there were inside rumors years ago of a huge reno with an attraction but I'd be happy with a NOLA restaurant looking over at the Haunted Mansion and shift the rest to more bayou theme. The riverboat decor along the riverbanks could be bayou themed as well. I will say my last ride a few months ago was first time I noticed the burial scene ...

Pretty quick turn around for the ride to be redone.

Probably means a bunch of screen crap instead of the animatronics that are beloved on the ride.

I hope everyone who complained on Twitter about the original, who have never ridden it or ever will, or been to Disney, will be happy in the end…

In all seriousness though, the name is fine and I expect it to be great. They know it’s iconic
Disney no longer a 'theme" Park. The Igor years lost that vision. It was what set the brand apart from the every day run of the mill "amusement" parks. In my opinion...very disappointing. So much has been lost and I truly miss the imagineers of the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter