“Dreams Come True Momma!” A 2 year old’s first trip ~ May 2015~Complete {NEW TR LINK!}

A great break spot is Country Bears.
:scratchin I'll keep that in mind.

I also saw you weren't hitting Pirates or Jungle Cruise. I guess one day is hard to fit everything in.
Yeah its hard to get everything in with only one day. And those two aren't "Must do's" for us and seeing as we just did them in May they weren't high on the priority and while they were in the plans for a bit got cut for sake of efficiency and minimizing steps for the day.

Do you think your DD would like Mine Train. It would be great to try that first before hopping on BTMR. I wonder if you can swap out Buzz for Mine Train. I think you can get a fourth Buzz FP for later. Just suggestions.
We did it in May and she was very mixed about it. She seemed to enjoy it while on it but cried about not liking it when we got off. Also We've cut it from the plans because DH and I don't fit well in the seats. We're too tall and the one time I rode it I nearly got stuck in the ride vehicle trying to get out.

Good luck and happy belated birthday.
:thanks:

With only one day to hit up the parks is there any question where we will go?

Mini golf! It's mini golf, right?

We will of course be going to MK.

D'oh! So close.

I currently have not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 itineraries for this 1 day in the parks.

:faint:

We originally had Haunted Mansion in our plans but as of late we have noticed that Little Miss has really started to become really involved in the stories and at times fearful. The last thing we want to do is introduce the concept of being afraid of rides and so we have opted to skip it this time.

Two thoughts here.
When we took the DDs for the first time, we skipped HM too. And good for you putting Little Miss's needs before your own. Too many parents forget that.
The other thought is that HM is a great ride. Might consider showing her the ride video and gauging her reaction.
Then again, even the video might be too scary for her at this age.

Having now looked things over I am also wondering if maybe it would be smarter to bump the Silly Sideshow m&G to the end of the night and get to Ariel earlier.

We found the line for Ariel to be extremely slow moving. We picked up a later FP for her which was much better.

Also, don't know if you meant to put her real name up there?

(Points towards the next TR game will be given for genuine mistakes caught!)
First mistake... even considering not making rope drop when you only have 1 day!!!!!

Plan # 1: Rope Drop(8am) to Close (Least likely plan to be followed.)

Plan #2: Rope Drop to Close w/ afternoon break at POP

Plan #3: Late arrival (10 am) to close (12am)

Plan #4: Latest Arrival (10:45) to close
Ok... I'm not always smart about my park touring. But 1 would be my one and only option. At first I thought it would have to be 1 or 2. But I'm starting to think that plan 3 might not be horrible... granted, you won't have the short lines as you enter as you'd have at 8, but it would work.

There are a few notable typical “must do’s” that are missing from our plans. We originally had Haunted Mansion in our plans but as of late we have noticed that Little Miss has really started to become really involved in the stories and at times fearful. The last thing we want to do is introduce the concept of being afraid of rides and so we have opted to skip it this time.
I definitely understand this. HM isn't always a must do for us, even though DW and I love it, for this very reason.

However, points towards the next game if you can find a way to easily and logically make it fit better in the plans and we end up using your suggestion.
I can always find logical ways to fit in BTMRR!!!!

{Move Stroller to Storybook Circus}:
Minor detail, but why? It looks like you're spending the bulk of the morning around Fantasyland. I'd just park it at the carousel and pick it back up when you're ready to move on out of the area. It isn't a ton of time, but there's no reason to take a few minutes to locate and move the stroller 3 or 4 times when you're not going very far, unless she just has to ride in it.

*-*-*{Afternoon Break: 3:10-5:30} *-*-*-*-*-* (* WE WILL MISS PAN FP!*)

15. Potty Break and Snack: 5:15 - 5:45
Is this a mistake? A break right after your break? :rolleyes1

33. Ride Peter Pan again: 11:55 - 12:20
Who needs to ride PP 3 times? BTMRR is awesome at night and shouldn't have too crazy of a line this late. :rolleyes1

* Option B:

30. Ride Train Storybook Circus->Frontierland : 11:25 - 11:32

31. Ride BTMR: 11:36 - 11:56

32. Meander of the Park
Um... yeah, that's kind of what I was saying!!!

If you do your RD plan and can do PP standby first thing, I think I'd look at changing that PP FP+ to BTMRR and hit it up between the parade and HoP.

And then if she loves it, you can still do it late at night! I mean it is like 2 different rides during the day and at night!

Having now looked things over I am also wondering if maybe it would be smarter to bump the Silly Sideshow m&G to the end of the night and get to Ariel earlier.
Possibly. Ariel tends to have longer waits as the day goes, in my experience. We've never waited very long at all for the Silly Sideshow.

Mini golf! It's mini golf, right?
Actually!........:scratchin That has given me ideas :scratchin

D'oh! So close.
:rotfl:

If its worth doing its worth over doing right? :rotfl::rolleyes2

Two thoughts here.
When we took the DDs for the first time, we skipped HM too. And good for you putting Little Miss's needs before your own. Too many parents forget that.
:thumbsup2

The other thought is that HM is a great ride. Might consider showing her the ride video and gauging her reaction.
Then again, even the video might be too scary for her at this age.
Well as you may remember, we did take her on it back in May and she did seem to enjoy it. However her fearful reactions have been on the elevated side as of late. (We think it may be lingering anxiety from the move) So its really unknown how she would react.

We found the line for Ariel to be extremely slow moving. We picked up a later FP for her which was much better.
I forgot there was a fp for her!

Also, don't know if you meant to put her real name up there?
:eek: No I didn't! That what I get from blindly copying and pasting while tired this morning! THanks for the Catch! :thumbsup2 {And yes points have been noted for the New TR Game!

First mistake... even considering not making rope drop when you only have 1 day!!!!!
:rotfl2: Doesn't count for points. :P

Ok... I'm not always smart about my park touring. But 1 would be my one and only option. At first I thought it would have to be 1 or 2. But I'm starting to think that plan 3 might not be horrible... granted, you won't have the short lines as you enter as you'd have at 8, but it would work.
I worry for the feasibility of plan 1. I doubt we could go a full 8 am to midnight. Hence plan 3.

I definitely understand this. HM isn't always a must do for us, even though DW and I love it, for this very reason.

I can always find logical ways to fit in BTMRR!!!!
:rotfl:

Minor detail, but why? It looks like you're spending the bulk of the morning around Fantasyland. I'd just park it at the carousel and pick it back up when you're ready to move on out of the area. It isn't a ton of time, but there's no reason to take a few minutes to locate and move the stroller 3 or 4 times when you're not going very far, unless she just has to ride in it.
Hmmmmm:scratchin

Is this a mistake? A break right after your break? :rolleyes1
:rotfl:I guess it is. Good catch! :thumbsup2

Who needs to ride PP 3 times? BTMRR is awesome at night and shouldn't have too crazy of a line this late. :rolleyes1

Um... yeah, that's kind of what I was saying!!!

If you do your RD plan and can do PP standby first thing, I think I'd look at changing that PP FP+ to BTMRR and hit it up between the parade and HoP.

And then if she loves it, you can still do it late at night! I mean it is like 2 different rides during the day and at night!
Not a bad idea if we do end up with the Rope Drop plan.

Possibly. Ariel tends to have longer waits as the day goes, in my experience. We've never waited very long at all for the Silly Sideshow.
:scratchin just when I thought these plans were good to go! :headache: :rolleyes2

Actually!........:scratchin That has given me ideas :scratchin

Yes! Points for me!

Well as you may remember, we did take her on it back in May and she did seem to enjoy it. However her fearful reactions have been on the elevated side as of late. (We think it may be lingering anxiety from the move) So its really unknown how she would react.

Oh, that's right.
You know what I'd do? Ask her. No pressure. Just ask if she wants to or would rather skip it.
Otherwise you might get "How come we didn't go on HM? I really wanted to go on it again!"

I forgot there was a fp for her!

More points for me! I am CLEANING UP!

:eek: No I didn't! That what I get from blindly copying and pasting while tired this morning! THanks for the Catch! :thumbsup2 {And yes points have been noted for the New TR Game!

I've got this thing wrapped up... and it hasn't even started yet!

Wow, you have really thought this day through. I don't know that I have much to add, but just one thing I wanted to comment on:

We originally had Haunted Mansion in our plans but as of late we have noticed that Little Miss has really started to become really involved in the stories and at times fearful. The last thing we want to do is introduce the concept of being afraid of rides and so we have opted to skip it this time.

Obviously, only you know your daughter and what is best for her, but our experience with Izzy at Disneyland a few weeks ago was that she LOVED the Haunted Mansion, rather unexpectedly. She asked to go on it again and declared it "her favorite!" (along with a few other things). She was a bit scared, but she liked being a bit scared I guess. It also helped when I reassured her that the ghosts were pretend and not real ghosts. She thought it was funny. But all kids are different and change constantly, so who knows? :confused3

Yes! Points for me!

Oh, that's right.
You know what I'd do? Ask her. No pressure. Just ask if she wants to or would rather skip it.
Otherwise you might get "How come we didn't go on HM? I really wanted to go on it again!"

More points for me! I am CLEANING UP!
:rotfl: only if we use the tip! :rolleyes:

I've got this thing wrapped up... and it hasn't even started yet!
:rotfl::thumbsup2:wizard:

Wow, you have really thought this day through.
::yes::

Obviously, only you know your daughter and what is best for her, but our experience with Izzy at Disneyland a few weeks ago was that she LOVED the Haunted Mansion, rather unexpectedly. She asked to go on it again and declared it "her favorite!" (along with a few other things). She was a bit scared, but she liked being a bit scared I guess. It also helped when I reassured her that the ghosts were pretend and not real ghosts. She thought it was funny. But all kids are different and change constantly, so who knows? :confused3

I loved reading this! We are going on our first family trip in November with our son who will be 5 and our daughter who will be 3. The pictures with your daughter's expressions when you arrived and with the characters are just so magical and priceless! I cannot wait to see my kids' reactions! My DD is into princess and loves to wear her dress up dresses at home. I need to pack a few for our trip and after seeing your pictures, I am now adding the 1900 Park Dinner because I can see my DD loving being in her Cinderella dress and meeting her!

Have a great trip next month! I love the wardrobe you picked for your DD. Everything is so cute! I need to Disney up my kids' wardrobes for our trip too!

:bday: Happy Belated Birthday!
:thanks:

I just love all of Little Miss's outfits -- and with the bow pairings, they are just too sweet.
YOu should have seen Little Miss while I had the outfits laid out. LOL! She kept pairing shoes and different bow combos with different outfits. :cutie:

I loved reading this! We are going on our first family trip in November with our son who will be 5 and our daughter who will be 3. The pictures with your daughter's expressions when you arrived and with the characters are just so magical and priceless! I cannot wait to see my kids' reactions! My DD is into princess and loves to wear her dress up dresses at home. I need to pack a few for our trip and after seeing your pictures, I am now adding the 1900 Park Dinner because I can see my DD loving being in her Cinderella dress and meeting her!
Thank you for reading. Deffinately let her wear some dresses while you are down there. It would thrill Little MIss to pieces when she got to.

Have a great trip next month! I love the wardrobe you picked for your DD. Everything is so cute! I need to Disney up my kids' wardrobes for our trip too!
Yeah I hit it big last year at the consignment sales. Though 2 or 3 of them were bought new.

3/19 The day of the Wedding:

With this being the day of the wedding itself we have plans to sleep late and rest up for a late night. I was able to snag an ADR for 1900 Park Fare for “Breakfast” at 11:30. This will end up acting more like our “Brunch” than actual breakfast. The Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare plays host to a different set of characters than the dinner does, three of which will be new for us. We will be meeting Mary Poppins, Alice, Mad Hatter, Pooh, and Tigger. Pretty sure that Little Miss will lose her little mind over this one. :hyper: I think I'm pretty excited for this meal myself.

I tried to get my spa appointment for this day but they didn't have a set of appointments {The Mani and Pedi are 2 seperate 80 min appointments back to back) that would work. After our meal if it’s warm enough we will probably head back to Pop for some swimming and a nap. By 3:30 -4pm we will have to start getting ourselves ready to go for the wedding. Here's hoping I don't have issues getting my hair done for the wedding. o_O

The wedding itself is at some historic golf club in downtown Orlando. I will ask someone at the front desk for verification, but google maps says it’s about 38 minutes away. Most of the drive should be easy as it seems it’s a straight shot down I-4. (Anyone know what to expect traffic wise for that?) The wedding website says that guests may start arriving at about 6pm. I think we will play things safe and leave Pop about 5:15 at the absolute latest.

We will spend the rest of the evening partying with my parents celebrating at the wedding. We will stay as late as it goes or until Little Miss Melts {whichever comes first}

(Anyone know what to expect traffic wise for that?)
It can be very hit or miss... They're doing a massive construction project on I-4. They're basically limiting the work to the evenings (I think it is mostly after 10pm) so that doesn't affect things too much beforehand, but I did see I-4 looking more like a parking lot a few times while we were there. We were fortunate enough to always be going the other direction and scooted on through though. I will say that we were mindful of the construction and made sure to try to be off of I-4 before construction started in the evenings. Because of this, I didn't see it firsthand, but I'd heard before our trip that the delays can get really crazy late at night when they're working which is why we always tried to be off of I-4 before it got too late. We did see them setting out barrels to close a lane one evening on our way back to I Drive from Disney World.

Anyway, if it says 38 minutes, you might very well be able to make it in less time if traffic is flowing well on I-4 or it could take significantly longer. I know this isn't much help, but I think that is just the mentality that you have to have. You said you can get in starting at 6. What time does the wedding actually start? 6:30? I'd think leaving at 5:15 should give you enough time, but it might not be a bad idea to leave a little bit earlier just to be sure.

And if Little Miss is even close to melting, you might want to make sure you get on out of there before the evening construction picks up.

I like your plans for your Disney day. I think no matter what one you do you will have so much fun!! I personally can not go to Disney without riding Pirates a million times... :lmao: But I understand the not walking to far during the day. As for the Ariel meet and greet vs. the Silly side show I would go to Ariel first. We've never had much of a wait for Silly side show (the boys have a shorter line most times). Do you have any of the Casey's junior water play area time? I don't see it in your plans, so I think not. I don't think I could get my kids to bypass that area if it is warm. :laughing:

was able to snag an ADR for 1900 Park Fare for “Breakfast” at 11:30.

That should be fun!

I think I'm pretty excited for this meal myself.

:laughing:

Here's hoping I don't have issues getting my hair done for the wedding.

Are you doing it yourself? Or going to a salon?

We will stay as late as it goes or until Little Miss Melts {whichever comes first}

:rolleyes2

It can be very hit or miss... They're doing a massive construction project on I-4. They're basically limiting the work to the evenings (I think it is mostly after 10pm) so that doesn't affect things too much beforehand, but I did see I-4 looking more like a parking lot a few times while we were there. We were fortunate enough to always be going the other direction and scooted on through though. I will say that we were mindful of the construction and made sure to try to be off of I-4 before construction started in the evenings. Because of this, I didn't see it firsthand, but I'd heard before our trip that the delays can get really crazy late at night when they're working which is why we always tried to be off of I-4 before it got too late. We did see them setting out barrels to close a lane one evening on our way back to I Drive from Disney World.
Thanks for the heads up about construction! Yuck.

Anyway, if it says 38 minutes, you might very well be able to make it in less time if traffic is flowing well on I-4 or it could take significantly longer. I know this isn't much help, but I think that is just the mentality that you have to have. You said you can get in starting at 6. What time does the wedding actually start? 6:30? I'd think leaving at 5:15 should give you enough time, but it might not be a bad idea to leave a little bit earlier just to be sure.
It does start at 6:30. Glad the plans seem sound.

And if Little Miss is even close to melting, you might want to make sure you get on out of there before the evening construction picks up.
:crazy2: That would make for a "magical" trip back to the hotel room wouldn't? :rotfl:

I like your plans for your Disney day. I think no matter what one you do you will have so much fun!! I personally can not go to Disney without riding Pirates a million times... :lmao: But I understand the not walking to far during the day. As for the Ariel meet and greet vs. the Silly side show I would go to Ariel first. We've never had much of a wait for Silly side show (the boys have a shorter line most times). Do you have any of the Casey's junior water play area time? I don't see it in your plans, so I think not. I don't think I could get my kids to bypass that area if it is warm. :laughing:
:thumbsup2 She's fairly easy to get away from there. THere is so much to see and do as long as you have a quick "Ooo hey lets go here!" diversion we seem to be a okay! :rotfl2:

Weather Watching....

I know these numbers are going to change a few hundred times before we leave but While keeping an eye on our dates the weather has for the most part been scheduled to be beautiful. Filled with low to mid 70's with one day of unfortunate rain. However I refreshed it this afternoon and found this:

Considerable cloudiness
82° Lo 58°

Considerable cloudiness
77° Lo 60°

A p.m. t-storm in spots
78° Lo 61°

Cloudy
81° Lo 59°

A little rain in the morning
74° Lo 61°

I was looking forward to those low mid 70's. Hoping those 80's change back to 70's. Also the whole trip looks like I'll be dealing with cloudy weather. :umbrella::sad1: Here's hoping things change between now and then. (I'm sure they will! :rolleyes2)

On a side note... Why does it seem to be harder to find DH a nice pair of reasonably priced Dress Pants than it was to find me an outfit for the wedding?

Last edited:
:rotfl: You know that weather will change a million times before the trip. Cloudy isn't always bad. I could just be saying that because my allergy to the sun is just that...to the sun, so if it is cloudy I typically do not have many issues. ::yes::

Florida forecast.
Hot in the day. Showers at least once. Cooler and darker at night.

You're welcome

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter