“Frozen Ever After Dessert Party” with Fireworks Viewing and After-Close Attraction Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am afraid I am going to be in the same position of the January folks. I need a time in May and I am afraid they will only open up times through April for the next batch.

I am afraid I am going to be in the same position of the January folks. I need a time in May and I am afraid they will only open up times through April for the next batch.

Yea I’m worried about that too.

We’re also going in January and I’ve sort of given up on this Dessert Party. It was my first choice, but now I’m thinking of booking the HEA After Fireworks DP instead. Any insight as to which is better for a first time visitor that has not seen either fireworks show? I had initially wanted Frozen because it’s obviously a better “deal” - alcoholic drink for me, seated fireworks viewing, plus a ride on FEA! Advice? TY!

We’re also going in January and I’ve sort of given up on this Dessert Party. It was my first choice, but now I’m thinking of booking the HEA After Fireworks DP instead. Any insight as to which is better for a first time visitor that has not seen either fireworks show? I had initially wanted Frozen because it’s obviously a better “deal” - alcoholic drink for me, seated fireworks viewing, plus a ride on FEA! Advice? TY!

If you're a first-timer, I would go with HEA. Illuminations is cool, but it can be seen from a lot of places. HEA you need to be in front of the castle to maximize the experience, and it can get quite crowded.

If you can only choose one, I would go with HEA (at least I would). If you can choose 2, then HEA + FEA. :-)

However, FEA Dessert Party has the availabilty problem. For example, I go from Dec 27th to Jan 2nd and probably won't get a single day with this Dessert Party available, as it seems they don't do it in very very crowded seasons, so I'm doing HEA and FitS instead, both are MK but as they are different shows, then I'm going with it. Lol.

As for the table arrangements, I thinking of doing this solo. I hope I am not going to be upsetting people by being at their table. Also hoping it would be more likely to sit a solo person with two “couples” as to mix it up more than one solo person with a family.

I did this party solo last January and it was awesome!!

I was sat with a very nice family. Two brothers and a sister, all adults. One of the brothers has special needs. He was amazing. We had a wonderful time. He was my guide for Frozen as he had been on the ride many times and loved it.

Sometimes I really like going solo, I have meet wonderful people.

Hopefully you will too.

Same here!

However, FEA Dessert Party has the availabilty problem. For example, I go from Dec 27th to Jan 2nd and probably won't get a single day with this Dessert Party available, as it seems they don't do it in very very crowded seasons, so I'm doing HEA and FitS instead, both are MK but as they are different shows, then I'm going with it. Lol.

We're going to be there Christmas week. I thought they would be opening more dates for that week when they open the next few months of availability since all the other dessert parties are taking place throughout the holidays. I keep checking multiple times each day hoping there'll be dates after Christmas eve!

Does anyone think this dessert party won't come back in 2019?
I'm rather scared that might be a possibility. I hope not since Frozen 2 comes out next year.

I was wanting the dessert party so I didn't have to choose between the Frozen ride and Test Track. If they don't release dates by next week, I'm going to have to make FP selections. What dou you guys think I should do?

I'm rather scared that might be a possibility. I hope not since Frozen 2 comes out next year.

I was wanting the dessert party so I didn't have to choose between the Frozen ride and Test Track. If they don't release dates by next week, I'm going to have to make FP selections. What dou you guys think I should do?

I think they released Sept-Dec in early Aug. The fact that dates are not out yet does not concern me as far as the show being cancelled. I would be concerned about being able to fit it into my schedule on such short notice. Not sure how flexible your days are. Which is more of a must do? Can you do the single rider line at TT?

I myself would have a very tough time fitting it into my schedule now. It was one of the ones I planned on doing, but now I have everything ready assuming there won't be any. It's not good that they take so long to release the dates.

I agree they should release earlier. I suppose they have no motivation to release dates because whenever they do, it will be completely booked up, regardless!

I'm rather scared that might be a possibility.
They've already announced that the party in one form or another will continue well into 2019.
I hope not since Frozen 2 comes out next year.
The party has more to do with whatever night time show is taking place than it does with Frozen. Frozen just happens to be the closest attraction to the party venue.
I suppose they have no motivation to release dates because whenever they do, it will be completely booked up, regardless!
It's not so much about motivation. The Park Event Operations team is a very busy department. The thousands of private and special events they facilitate dwarf the three dessert parties they're responsible for in comparison. Releasing dates sooner is a scheduling and staffing challenge. As an example, PEO staff know what their schedule is only five days out and the schedules are never the same two weeks in a row. Flexibility is the key for would be Guests and staff.

How have I passed by the thread without coming in lol.

My sister and I randomly decided we wanted to do it a couple weeks ago on December 10th.
Of course nothing has opened up yet but I'm staying positive since I have seen a number of openings for other days in my stalking.

I'm a bit nervous about sitting with others (ok maybe nervous is the wrong word lol. I just rather not be seated with random people. They could be wonderful people I'd just rather not).

I've also heard where you are seated is based on where they can fit you in so that could be a great seat or a terrible seat.

Are there ANY tables for 2 close to the water or not? Or are we talking 4+ table tops?

I'm a bit nervous about sitting with others (ok maybe nervous is the wrong word lol. I just rather not be seated with random people. They could be wonderful people I'd just rather not).
As you're a group of two, the odds are good that you will share a table. But you never know, I have seen tables for two on a regular basis.
I've also heard where you are seated is based on where they can fit you in so that could be a great seat or a terrible seat.
The first part is probably correct but the second part is not because all table locations have good views.
Are there ANY tables for 2 close to the water or not? Or are we talking 4+ table tops?
There are no tables specifically for two. The majority are for five and a good number of them are directly along the lagoon.

All bets are off if the party is moved indoors due to the possibility of rain or low temps. The tables used indoors accommodate ten Guests.

As you're a group of two, the odds are good that you will share a table. But you never know, I have seen tables for two on a regular basis.The first part is probably correct but the second part is not because all table locations have good views.There are no tables specifically for two. The majority are for five and a good number of them are directly along the lagoon.

All bets are off if the party is moved indoors due to the possibility of rain or low temps. The tables used indoors accommodate ten Guests.

I beg to differ about all tables having a good view.
I'm the type that wants to be right up against the fence.
So anything back farther is not nearly as good for me lol.
I'm sure I'll enjoy the experience no matter where the table or who my table mates are but a girl can wish.

Is there an area to stand if you want to that wouldn't be obstructing views?
I certainly wouldn't mind standing during the show since I'd be sitting the rest of the time.

We'll agree to disagree but I understand.
Yes, but once you see the setup you might change your mind.
Thanks.
I have poor vision hence wanting to be as close as possible. At least I know it's an option to stand closer for the show if I so choose but I'm hoping you are right about changing my mind :)

They've already announced that the party in one form or another will continue well into 2019.
The party has more to do with whatever night time show is taking place than it does with Frozen. Frozen just happens to be the closest attraction to the party venue.
It's not so much about motivation. The Park Event Operations team is a very busy department. The thousands of private and special events they facilitate dwarf the three dessert parties they're responsible for in comparison. Releasing dates sooner is a scheduling and staffing challenge. As an example, PEO staff know what their schedule is only five days out and the schedules are never the same two weeks in a row. Flexibility is the key for would be Guests and staff.
Sorry, but I disagree. If that was the case, they wouldn't be able to come out at the end of August with dates for the party for the next 4 months (Sep thru Dec). I don't believe that at the end of November they don't have their timetable all set for Jan. They know that whenever they come out with the dates, the parties will be booked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter