• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

“Frozen Ever After Dessert Party” with Fireworks Viewing and After-Close Attraction Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an attempt to be helpful, nothing more than that.

I don't quibble generally about these things and appreciate all responses generally but really... the reply didn't read as helpful in any way --- more like blaming me for questioning and for overall justification. (So nothing personal but I really just disagree that this is okay.)

I apologize if I offended you but really still believe that if every other Dessert Party on property can handle managed availability at 3 or 4 months out then EPCOT should as well --- and that brings in the notion of it's treated as an "events offering" versus a normal dessert party. That average client will not be able to determine who is presenting a dessert party so they really expect availability in the range of the others.... I don't care who handles the event (but someone did mention that it was handled by someone who was part of special events.)

Apologize again since my response probably reads as harsh but really as a guest I don't care why/who puts on a dessert party --- I just want to know what I can book and when without having to know the "why"

Last edited:
Just got back from a great WDW trip and my 1st Illuminations Dessert Party.

I loved it! We had an amazing space to eat and view the fireworks. I was solo for a conference and I was placed with an amazing family. They were so much fun and major Disneyphiles like me!

I thought the cheese fondue was so good. I had a great table by the bar, so I could get some drinks and enjoy my fondue.

They gave us these cool glasses that turned the Illuminations lights into snowflakes. I really enjoyed it!

I have never been on Frozen, so it was fun to be able to go after Illuminations. I did get wet, it was not enjoyable on a cold night.

Overall, I really enjoyed myself and glad I made the reservation.

Are there special events that happen in the rain location space during Flower and Garden Festival? Or are there F&G events that use the outdoor space? Or maybe they would be changing the event up for F&G?

Are there special events that happen in the rain location space during Flower and Garden Festival? Or are there F&G events that use the outdoor space? Or maybe they would be changing the event up for F&G?
Good question. The FEA party was not taking place yet during last years F&G, but the backup location for the party that was taking place, the Illuminations Sparkling dessert party, used "The Odyssey" when it rained or was too cold.

I don't know if the FEA's regular weather backup location, "The Norway Loft" was used or will be used during this years's F&GF for any events, I'd have to look it up. If it was, or will be, and if the FEA party does take place during the F&GF, a different weather backup will be used, probably the World Showplace. Did I confuse you enough?

So nothing personal but I really just disagree that this is okay.
I agree that it's not ok, but it's just the way it is.
I apologize if I offended you
You'll have to try a lot harder to offend me. A 22 year history at WDW has prepared me for just about anything.
but someone did mention that it was handled by someone who was part of special events.
It was probably me. The FEA party, the SW party, the JBJB party and thousands of other parties and special events are handled by the same group.
Apologize again since my response probably reads as harsh
None required.

You think when ADRs are booked at 180 days and FP are booked at 60 days that customers shouldn't expect to know when dessert parties are being held? The drama of your last sentence is laughable ---- it shouldn't take an explanation of who is putting on a dining event to know that if you expect a guest to know where you want to eat at 6 months or rides you want to ride at 2 months --- that maybe dessert party availability should fall somewhere between the two... Get that you're close to this but really don't appreciate your response in any way, shape or form as it offers nothing but excuses....

Honestly, I don't think they (Disney schedulers) even consider that their delay in putting this on the schedule is impacting anyone. They don't think about planning ADR at 180 days or FP at 60 days and how booking this should work in to it. It simply doesn't come in to play when they sit down to plan their schedule. Trying to get it out there to appease a guest's issues with scheduling just isn't a factor

Last edited:

Is it possible that there are so many groups that want private dessert parties, that Disney decides to just do those instead of scheduling the Frozen party?

Is it possible that there are so many groups that want private dessert parties, that Disney decides to just do those instead of scheduling the Frozen party?
That is not the case. The regularly occurring dessert parties at Epcot and DHS are just as important as the special events and private parties. The department takes great pride in facilitating the parties knowing that guests enjoy them. The CMs working the parties also enjoy them.

A quick and slightly off topic question for you FastPasser...we did the dessert party last July in "The Norway Loft" which was kind of cool. Do you happen to know what that space is typically utilized for? My apologies if this has already been mentioned. Thanks :)

A quick and slightly off topic question for you FastPasser...we did the dessert party last July in "The Norway Loft" which was kind of cool. Do you happen to know what that space is typically utilized for? My apologies if this has already been mentioned. Thanks :)
Not a problem. The Norway Loft can be used as an event venue, meeting location, etc until late afternoon on party nights. After that, it's main purpose is as the weather backup for the FEA dessert party. In your case there was a threat of rain so the party was moved indoors. During the winter months it's used if rain is likely to occur or if the temp is forecasted to be 50 degrees or below.

Occasionally, for whatever reason, the loft will be booked for an event and in that case, usually the World Showplace becomes the backup for the backup.

Not a problem. The Norway Loft can be used as an event venue, meeting location, etc until late afternoon on party nights. After that, it's main purpose is as the weather backup for the FEA dessert party. In your case there was a threat of rain so the party was moved indoors. During the winter months it's used if rain is likely to occur or if the temp is forecasted to be 50 degrees or below.

Occasionally, for whatever reason, the loft will be booked for an event and in that case, usually the World Showplace becomes the backup for the backup.
Well dang if we didn't get jipped out of our alternate low temp venue. It was forecasted to be and was indeed below 50 for certain when we did the event just before New Years but they left us out in the cold LOL

Well dang if we didn't get jipped out of our alternate low temp venue. It was forecasted to be and was indeed below 50 for certain when we did the event just before New Years but they left us out in the cold LOL
As 48 degrees was the lowest actual recorded temp at WDW during the last week in Dec, it was close calls all week, and if it's that close they'll usually opt to keep it outside.

The logistics involved in moving the party indoors, especially with the crowd levels on the WS promenade during the last week of the year, favors leaving it outside. Moving 130 Guests from the Norway Loft to the original party location for viewing and back again to do the FEA ride when it's that busy is something they would rather not have to do. But I've been there when it's been one or two degrees below 50 and also during the summer months when they moved the party indoors due to rain in the forecast and it didn't rain.

Makes sense. We weren't uncomfortable really. But I am sad I missed seeing the Loft area

Thanks so much for the information!! You truly are an invaluable resource on these boards :)

Anyone else think it's weird no dates past Feb are set yet? You would think they would be on the same schedule as the other parks dessert parties. I know the Star Wars dessert party is booking thru the end of April already I believe.

Anyone else think it's weird no dates past Feb are set yet? You would think they would be on the same schedule as the other parks dessert parties. I know the Star Wars dessert party is booking thru the end of April already I believe.

I’m starting to believe the Flower & Garden theory mentioned above... F&G starts Feb 28th.

Maybe it returns after F&G?

I’m starting to believe the Flower & Garden theory mentioned above
The department that puts on the dessert parties can't just decide on their own to have a dessert party at location "X". Whatever entity is responsible for that location has to agree. The FEA party requires the cooperation of a few departments in order to put it on and anyone of them could say no to having the party in March. Maybe there is an issue with the space during the F&GF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter