“Frozen Ever After Dessert Party” with Fireworks Viewing and After-Close Attraction Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
Different department, different policies, different CMs, different catering business unit, different servers, different menus, etc. Epcot, DHS and AK dessert parties are put on by the same department, but not MK.

The MK parties need to be turned over to you guys. FEA and SWaGS parties are infinitely better than the HEA party. The only thing the HEA party has going for it, in my opinion, is the Plaza Garden viewing location. As someone who feels claustrophobic in massive crowds, I don't regret spending the money to have a more open viewing location, but the HEA party itself (food, drinks, atmosphere) was a big disappointment after attending the parties coordinated by your department. We should have done the HEA party first so we wouldn't have had any expectations.

We just returned from a Disney trip (March 18-24) and did the Frozen dessert party and the Star Wars (one first night in parks, one on the last) and have to say we loved both. I was on the fence with them both because of cost, but we did the Star Wars for my husbands birthday and we did the Frozen Ever After one because I liked the fact that you were seated outside to watch the fireworks. We would do them both again in an instant if we could. They both have great things going for them, but anyone on the fence for this one, we thought it was worth it! The food and drinks were great, the seating was amazing and it was really nice to walk over to the ride after and leave the park casually without mass crowds. My kids are 6 and 8 and both enjoyed.

Where exactly is the Frozen party viewing area? Is it in front of Norway or closer to the International Gateway shops - where the Illuminations dessert parties were?

The MK parties need to be turned over to you guys. FEA and SWaGS parties are infinitely better than the HEA party.
I agree. Come on, what would you expect me to say.
Kidding aside, I really do believe that Park Event Operations, aka PEO, does it better. Doing the dessert parties, private and special events is their specialty. The PEO staff is huge, hundreds and hundreds of specially trained CMs covering all of WDW. The FEA and SW parties are just the tip of the iceberg.

Where exactly is the Frozen party viewing area? Is it in front of Norway or closer to the International Gateway shops - where the Illuminations dessert parties were?
Weather permitting, it takes place behind and on the left side of the merchandise shop on the left as you enter the WS. Weather not permitting, it takes place at the Norway Loft which is located on the upper level of the Norway pavilion.

Got my reservations for late May!:yay::yay::yay:
I'm of course having a bit of a heart attack about the price. This is a huge splurge for me! :scared1:
I sure would like to see some photos. What are the cocktail options?

Last edited:
How many people are usually at these parties? I had considered canceling our reservations due to cost but decided to keep them! Yay!

Got my reservations for late May!:yay::yay::yay:
I'm of course having a bit of a heart attack about the price. This is a huge splurge for me! :scared1:
I sure would like to see some photos. What are the cocktail options?

There's Sangria, a few different wines, Pina Coladas (these were pretty good), strawberry margaritas, bud light, Corona, yuengling, and angry orchard. All of the beers are in cans that they open before they hand to you. The rest are served in plastic glasses, atleast for the cocktails. I didn't try any wine.

I didn't take any pics of the offerings, but if you Google "Frozen Ever After Dessert Party Reviews" you will find several reviews with pictures from the parties. I was hesitant about spending so much money (we were paying for 4 adults and 1 child), but felt it was worth it to have a place to sit and relax after a long day at Epcot. The food was better than expected and the alcohol definitely made the price more palatable. There was never a line for drinks and we could order 2 per person at a time.

How many people are usually at these parties? I had considered canceling our reservations due to cost but decided to keep them! Yay!

It seems like a certain well known face on this thread mentioned a while back that the parties have capacity for somewhere around 125 people. There's plenty of room in the outdoor location, though I've heard it feels a bit more cramped in the indoor location.

The MK parties need to be turned over to you guys. FEA and SWaGS parties are infinitely better than the HEA party. The only thing the HEA party has going for it, in my opinion, is the Plaza Garden viewing location. As someone who feels claustrophobic in massive crowds, I don't regret spending the money to have a more open viewing location, but the HEA party itself (food, drinks, atmosphere) was a big disappointment after attending the parties coordinated by your department. We should have done the HEA party first so we wouldn't have had any expectations.
Absolutely agree with this! We did every Dessert party at Christmas, we have done the FEA one before when it was just Sparkling Dessert party and not seated, it was very good but is now so much better.
The staff at the M K parties were nice enough but we didn’t care for the Desserts but we had a nice cup of tea( we are from the U.K.!) and enjoyed our spot for firework viewing in the crazy Christmas crowds!

I'm of course having a bit of a heart attack about the price.
Perfectly understandable, but if it's a nice night weather-wise, and if everything goes as planned, it's a very enjoyable experience. All bets are off if I'm there though.
I sure would like to see some photos.
Most of the reviews are of the indoor version and I haven't seen any photos that show the overall outdoor party area. I think the lagoon-side setup is the most elegant of all the parties. Not so much for the indoor version.
How many people are usually at these parties?
It's designed for 130 guests. On occasion they'll increase that number.
The rest are served in plastic glasses, at least for the cocktails. I didn't try any wine.
It's company policy not to allow unprotected glass out on the promenades. That even applies to the elaborate parties held indoors at the parks. Drinks in glasses must be transferred to plastic cups before guests exit into the park.
though I've heard it feels a bit more cramped in the indoor location
Tables of 10 are used when it's held at the Norway Loft, which does make it feel somewhat congested. The big tables have so much unusable space, so I'd switch to smaller tables to lessen the congestion.

The food was better than expected and the alcohol definitely made the price more palatable. There was never a line for drinks and we could order 2 per person at a time.

Heck, isn't it about $80 bucks for two glasses of wine at WDW anyway? LOL

Thanks for all the responses. You are all the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter