“Life is Grand, it Yacht to be, we are at Disney! 1/29 New TR link, a question, and this TR is complete!

I'm glad you enjoyed Portofino, it is beautiful and I love the courtyard area. We're staying at Hard Rock for a night for the first time when we do HHN in 10 days and I'm looking forward to that :)

I read the HP books years ago and loved them! No so much the movies but I wasn't entranced by it all the way some are lol. I agree the areas are amazing though. Universal isn't really my thing but I do like the Mummy and of course E.T.!

Sounds like a great day in Universal! I definitely want to try to get back there in March before our cruise! Its been nearly ten years since I've been! I need to see Diagon Alley! lol

We found our gate, grabbed some drinks and protein bars and the boarding process started soon after. All went well with the flight except for some turbulence, this lasted the whole flight so we didn’t get any flight snacks. No big deal, since it never is much! We flew Delta and we do like these flights, mostly always on time, yay!

I have to admit, I was a little scared for you when that shuttle had to turn back around and pick up the forgotten passenger! But I'm so relieved that you made it on time and made it to Orlando soon!

We ordered a Margherita Pizza from Sals and it was delicious! I forgot to take a picture of it. We took it to go and ate in our room and got ready for bed! We had a wonderful day overall!

Portofino looks gorgeous! What a great evening at Universal, so glad you liked the room!

We decided to share a Butter Beer, it was good, I do prefer the frozen one.

I prefer frozen, too!

I always thought in a crude sort of way, he taught many life lessons. He is a good friend, he is loyal, and he has a good work ethic so that’s my two cents!

This is one of the sweetest things I've ever read on the DISboards... couldn't agree with you, more! Spongebob is awesome!

What a fantastic day at Universal!!! You guys are getting so much done!!!

Some days I wish I could act like Nurse Ratchet
:lmao:
:welcome::wave2: I’m happy to have you joining in!
:goodvibes
I wish someone would pay for my trip once in awhile. I haven’t found any takers:confused3
"Hi! Would someone like to pay for my Disney vacation? Anyone? Hello?..."
<crickets><crickets><crickets>
We usually have to get up at 3am for most of our trips!
Yeah, me too.
Yes and getting dropped off in an area where Delta has a luggage check off area that had no one there! When we got in the main part of the airport the line to check luggage was huge!
:eek: I can feel your stress level going up!
The turbulence was a little nerve wrenching because I have experienced some really bad “rough air” new Delta term. One time it was so bad and we dropped so fast one of the flight attendants broke her arm!
Holy smokes!

and yet... I can't help but think...

"Miss? Miss? I realize your arm is akimbo, but I've spilt my drink. Can I get another?"
Do you believe it is my ring tone, why not, I am Caroline and most of the time sweet:rotfl:
I'm sure you're absolutely sweet all the time. :)

First, I will review our 1 night at Portofino Bay. I know one night does not make me an expert but I do have some observations.
Works for me. :)
Our room was close to the lobby, the room was large and very clean. I loved the big bathroom and the shower was very nice! The bed was very comfortable and our night was very quiet. We did not hear anybody at bedtime. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I loved the lobby and the courtyard area. The lake with the boats was very beautiful and serene!
That sounds really nice. :) Glad you enjoyed it.
I did get a good rate for the one night with the EP included. This is included at the 3 deluxe resorts at Universal.
Man... I am just writing about that. Those EPs are great!
we decided to not rush and line up for 2 hours to ride Hagrid’s new ride. We would have loved to experience the ride except the waiting was not something we wanted to do this am.
I ain't waiting 2 hours for a ride. I'll happily rope drop it and quick-walk over to it, but... 2 hours? Nope.
The Despicable Me ride was open and we decided to do this first. This is a fun ride. I do love Minions and Drew!
::yes::
But... "Drew"? Do you mean Gru?
It was time to walk into DA, this entrance never gets old! The details are amazing.
That place is... incredible.
IMG_Sep42019at71932PM.jpg
You should've hopped on and taken off!
We took our time soaking up the details, we went to Knockturn alley, love this dark area!
Me too! So cool!
We decided to share a Butter Beer, it was good, I do prefer the frozen one.
As do I. :)
We had not been able to go in the money exchange area without a bunch of people before. This morning we had the place to ourselves.
Really??? Huh! I guess Hagrid's has sucked all the riders out of it.
It was time to say Hi to Stan and the shrunken head at The Knight Bus.
:sad2:
I took a photo of the interior... and forgot to take one of the exterior.
I yelled “Kreacher” as we passed that sneaky elf, peeking out at us!
:laughing:
Andi hit up the Mummy and I hung on the bench and drank my ice water.
Hmmm... I'm starting to see a trend, here.
I have rode the Mummy a few times and I find it fun and terrifying at the same time.
That's a pretty good description. :)
We decided to Race through New York with Jimmy Fallon. This ride is meh, it’s not horrible but not great.
It's okay.
Andi was ready to ride Rip Ride Rocket, do you see a theme here, yes her mom is a chicken and her mom would not be caught dead on this ride, well maybe for 1 million dollars. :lmao:
:laughing:
We decided to ride Transformers, I remember riding this once before and thinking it was just okay. I have to say my assessment was correct, not sure how a ride so similar to Spider-Man can be so much worse.:confused3
Right???? We found Transformers to be our least favourite ride.
I am one of those moms, I let my kids watch Spongebob and laughed right alongside them.
Sure! SpongeBob is filled with adult humour.
As we walked out, we saw the Trolls and the papa Troll farts glitter. A little girl was so excited and yelling look he farts sparkles!:bitelip:
:lmao:

Portofino looks really nice.

I'm a huge HP fan and can't wait until my kids are old enough that I can share it with them. They're just starting sight words, so we have a while to go before chapter books :-)

Joining in! I can’t wait to hear about your trip. It’s a dream of mine to travel to WDW, just me and my mom! We haven’t been together since I was a teen, and that was with our family, so a girls only trip would be so much fun!

The PM is such a wonderful ride! It is even more fun to ride with my Dis Friends!
Absolutely! I couldn't agree more :goodvibes

Yes it is a nice app, just sign up for text notifications and you will get text when luggage is on the plane and off the plane! It also lets you know when boarding is starting.
I'm so glad you mentioned this! I'll be sure to sign up for notifications :thumbsup2

Andi started classes today!
I hope they're going well and that she's having a great semester already! :goodvibes

I must confess I am a ride chicken! I have rode the Mummy a few times and I find it fun and terrifying at the same time. I need to be in the right state of mind to ride it and I was not today!
You and me both! Remember my TR report titled "The PeopleMover is my kind of thrill ride" :rotfl: I've never done the Mummy (it's been over 20 years since I've been to Universal at all! :scared1:). What's it like?

I miss the Jaws ride.
I remember really loving this ride when I went many, many years ago! Bummer it's not still there.

You get to use the EP the day you check in and the full day of check out.
Totally worth it. And since you get a comfortable night in a nice hotel... win/win.
We were up early and the night before, we decided to not rush and line up for 2 hours to ride Hagrid’s new ride. We would have loved to experience the ride except the waiting was not something we wanted to do this am.
I don't blame you. Is this ride actually running reliably and consistently finally? I heard about the mess they had when it opened and then how it went to not opening until noon because they were having so many issues with it. I can't say that I've been following the latest news about it closely though.
We decided to share a Butter Beer, it was good, I do prefer the frozen one. The drink is $8.00 and I let Andi pick the non frozen one, #nicemom, #mompaysforeverything!
When the Wizarding World first opened, wasn't the Butter Beer in non souvenir glasses actually pretty reasonably priced? Gotta print that money!
I miss the Jaws ride.
::yes::
Andi rode twice with very minimal wait. I stayed on the bench with a couple other moms!
Andi is doing it right! 2 rides on Mummy, 2 rides on Rip Ride Rockit! Gotta love that Express Pass!!!!
We decided to ride Transformers, I remember riding this once before and thinking it was just okay. I have to say my assessment was correct, not sure how a ride so similar to Spider-Man can be so much worse.
Maybe it is just me, but I'm not even a big fan of the Spiderman ride. I ride it and enjoy it, but it wouldn't break my heart if I had to miss it. Transformers is just a clone of it, and I'm a fan of the Transformers, but the ride is still just "meh" at best.

Hi! Would someone like to pay for my Disney vacation? Anyone? Hello?..."
<crickets><crickets><crickets>
We must be asking the same people :rotfl: No one ever answers!
Miss? Miss? I realize your arm is akimbo, but I've spilt my drink. Can I get another?"
They are there for all our needs :bitelip:
I'm sure you're absolutely sweet all the time.
Except when I act like Nurse Ratchet :)

Portofino looks beautiful. Mike and I walked around here a couple years ago and I remember thinking how pretty it was and that we'd like to stay here. I"m surprised it was the cheapest of the three for your stay. I think you got a good deal!

Dragon Alley is so cool…I could spend hours in there! I totally agree with you about the Butter Beer…frozen is best! You're a nice mom :love:
It really was a nice area, I would stay again! It is suppose to be the most expensive of the 3 but not for this date, the other two were about 50.00 more!

I agree totally, I love Diagon Alley and frozen butter beer all the way, especially with the hot temperatures!

The hotel looks so lovely and you are almost convincing me to step out of the bubble for a day or two at Universal. Like you, I started reading HP to see if they were appropriate for my Jack and fell head over heels in love with them too.
I think you should, HP areas are amazing and a must do at least once! The books are some of my all time favorites! :lovestruc

I'm glad you enjoyed Portofino, it is beautiful and I love the courtyard area. We're staying at Hard Rock for a night for the first time when we do HHN in 10 days and I'm looking forward to that :)

I read the HP books years ago and loved them! No so much the movies but I wasn't entranced by it all the way some are lol. I agree the areas are amazing though. Universal isn't really my thing but I do like the Mummy and of course E.T.!
You are so lucky to be doing HHN, the houses sound amazing this year, we did it 1x in 2016 and I loved it. I was surprised because I am a chicken and normally don’t like scary things!

I agree, I love HP and I do enjoy US, however, it does not give me the same feelings as WDW does! ET is a good one :lovestruc

Sounds like a great day in Universal! I definitely want to try to get back there in March before our cruise! Its been nearly ten years since I've been! I need to see Diagon Alley! lol
It was very fun! You definitely need to check out DA, it is amazing! When is your March trip? We are going towards the end of March. 22-29, 2020

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter