“Life is Grand, it Yacht to be, we are at Disney! 1/29 New TR link, a question, and this TR is complete!

We used our EP and virtually walked on. We had so much fun shooting down aliens, we went again! The first ride Andi beat me and the second time I beat her score :cheer2:
Once again... so worth it to stay at Portofino for EP alone!
My son Jack and I love it! “What the heck Egar” some of you will get that line if you are MIB fans! Will Smith, awesome, in that movie! It never gets old!
My favorite quote of the movie: NYPD! Means I will knock your punk--- down!
And yes, fun movie! I love it!
US makes you use a locker for so many rides we decided to go without bags.
::yes:: This is one of the things I hate most about US. I don't like having to leave my keys/wallet/etc in a locker that is opened by a fingerprint (when it works right) and I'm watching TM's walk around open lockers for people having trouble with them with no proof it is actually their locker. As someone with control issues, that's not a small factor in why I haven't been there since 2016.

Looks like a fun, and very productive day in US/IOA. Once again, gotta love that EP!

Looks like fun!
MIB is a really fun ride, way more fun than Buzz. I do enjoy Buzz, I just wish it was easier to use the guns.
Delicious looking lunch!
The lunch was very good, Andi said the impossible burger was very good, one of the better she has had!
Too bad it was so crowded!
I would say this was probably one of the most crowded days we have had at US, so glad we had the EP.
Mmmmmm, treats!
I will have pictures and a review, in my next post!

What a fun morning! I love Forbidden Journey, more than Escape From Gringotts although that one is fun too!

I'm guessing, yes, you did get an upgrade :-)
Isn’t FJ one of the best rides! The way it is designed is so unique and so fun!
I agree with you Gringotts is fun but not as good as FJ
You have really good foresight about YC::yes::

I'm sure she'll do great, too! She's a Spanish major, right?
Ahh Thank you! She is a Spanish Education major with Latin America studies minor. Her goal to work in some Latin America countries then at WDW!
HAHA! I can! It's definitely something I'd love to try... once
It really is done so well, have you watched the Mummy with Brandon Fraser, it is based on the first movie. The best one!
Oh I bet I would love that tour, too. I miss the golden age Hollywood MGM of the days of yore...
I agree! RIP Great Movie Ride :sad:
Ooooh, I'm hoping so!
You will soon have the answer!::yes::

Sounds like a great last day at Universal, even with the rain.

Can't wait to hear about your room at the Yacht Club!
It really was a good day, we did get many attractions in, despite the hour rain delay!!

YC arrival coming up soon! Thanks for reading and commenting, it is so fun!

Once again... so worth it to stay at Portofino for EP alone!
It really was, it is expensive to do a few days at US, however I got promotional park tickets and the EP really seals the deal!
My favorite quote of the movie: NYPD! Means I will knock your punk--- down!
And yes, fun movie! I love it!
That is Jack’s favorite quote to! A movie you can watch multiple times!
This is one of the things I hate most about US. I don't like having to leave my keys/wallet/etc in a locker that is opened by a fingerprint (when it works right) and I'm watching TM's walk around open lockers for people having trouble with them with no proof it is actually their locker. As someone with control issues, that's not a small factor in why I haven't been there since 2016.

Looks like a fun, and very productive day in US/IOA. Once again, gotta love that EP!
I agree the lockers for every ride is not fun! It was hard to be without a bag for me! I was freaking out thinking I left my bag somewhere!
EP totally worth it, it was actually very crowded and it really came in handy for the popular attractions!

Longtime lurker here - but I just absolutely LOVE your trips with your daughter! You both are adorable! Very similar to how I travel - usually, just us girls! We mainly take day trips due to how close we live to the parks however, when we do decide to overnight it, we always stay on property. The Portofino is a personal favorite. I am very much into Harry Potter as well, and it never gets old walking into those areas of the park. My jaw is open every time!!! Also, I had to giggle at Andi's lanyard because my daughter also has the Slytherin one as well, and of course, a trip for me is never complete without a Voodoo Donut.

Can't wait to read the rest of your report as you enter the magic of the Magic Kingdom!

Trying to catch up Caroline!

Love your days at Universal.......what is it about MiB that makes everyone so competitive.........lol......my two guys take it so seriously! Lol.......I’m not into those rides so I look so bored in the ride pictures.......

Glad you enjoyed HRC.....it’s been years since we went.......they do a good burger.......glad you both enjoyed your time at Universal......

Is there another trip to the Darkside planned for sometime :thumbsup2

US wrap up!
We really enjoyed our short and sweet stay at Universal! This is enough time for us there. We enjoy the parks and have fun but riding the rides there over and over is not for us!

We were able to do Spider-Man x2, King Kong x1, Cat in the Hat x2, Carousel in Seuss Landing x1, Trolley x1, HPFJ x2, Hogwarts Express x1 to DA, Andi also did the Hulk x1. We missed JP ride and Raptor experience in IOA. We also did not get on Hagrid’s new ride in Islands. Overall we felt like we did the attractions we wanted to do there.

At Universal Studios, we did Despicable Me x1, Race thru NY x1, Mummy x2 (Andi solo), Transformers x1, ET x1, Character meet with Sponge Bob, MIB x2. We skipped Fast&Furious, a real dud ride, we did 1x last year and never need to do again! We also skipped Shrek 4D, we have done this attraction many times and didn’t feel the need this trip. Andi also did Rip Ride Rocket coaster x2. A big No for me with that one!

We enjoyed our hotel stay at Portofino Bay, used the boat transportation several times and the walking path once.

Hard Rock lunch was very good and the sweet treats we picked up at the end of our stay were worth every single penny and then some. So delicious!

IMG_Sep102019at60636PM.jpg
Delicious macaroons deserve 3 pictures, I ate one before the pics, oops
IMG_Sep102019at60448PM.jpg

IMG_Sep102019at60559PM.jpg
Vodoo yummy, a little beat up from the Lyft ride to WDW
IMG_Sep102019at61556PM.jpg
Couldn’t resist a bite before the picture!
IMG_Sep102019at60726PM.jpg

The EP is the way to go here, the cost is expensive if you buy outright online, however I recommend staying onsite at the deluxe resorts to get this perk! When you subtract the cost online, the hotel room is like a moderate at Disney! You can also get AP rates there if you follow the direction on the Dis. I found booking a little closer to your stay date decreased the price as well.

The queues at US/IOA are amazing! The HP ones are so good. I would suggest doing stand by at least 1x on these rides because the queues are actually like an attraction! I also suggest getting a park to park ticket if you can, the Hogwarts Express Ride is so wonderful and again the ability to be in Kings Crossing is so amazing! I have been to Kings in London and this is spot on! Riding both ways is also a must do, the scenery and experience is different.

Lyft to the resort was affordable and less than Universal’s shuttle service. Universal is expensive, it certainly isn’t any cheaper than a Disney stay, in my opinion. Food and drinks in the parks are pricey! City Walk is a fun area to visit and I suggest eating in that area rather than the parks.

I will definitely be back at US/IOA in the future!

I will now start the portion of the TR most of you are waiting for!!

Stay tuned for our arrival at WDW, is this our room??
IMG_Sep102019at61825PM.jpg

Wait, you left me hanging with no pictures of food???o_O:rotfl:

I of course can not wait to read more. I love reading about yours and Andi's adventures!

Lynn
That darn 10 picture limit gets me every time! They are posted now. I would gladly spend $20.00 on those macaroons again!!

Thanks Lynn!!

Longtime lurker here - but I just absolutely LOVE your trips with your daughter! You both are adorable! Very similar to how I travel - usually, just us girls! We mainly take day trips due to how close we live to the parks however, when we do decide to overnight it, we always stay on property. The Portofino is a personal favorite. I am very much into Harry Potter as well, and it never gets old walking into those areas of the park. My jaw is open every time!!! Also, I had to giggle at Andi's lanyard because my daughter also has the Slytherin one as well, and of course, a trip for me is never complete without a Voodoo Donut.

Can't wait to read the rest of your report as you enter the magic of the Magic Kingdom!
:welcome: Thank you for chiming in, it is so nice to have you coming out of lurkdom to say hi:wave2:
First, you are so lucky to live so close to the parks, a dream of mine!!
Girl power is the best for touring the parks:cheer2:
I really liked Portofino Bay, it was quiet and beautiful!
HP World is amazing!! It never gets old, so much detail.
Andi is a Slytherin, here she is dressed all up for her first day at Hogwarts!
IMG_Sep102019at64009PM.jpg
This was from a trip last year!
Those Vodoo donuts are so delicious!

Trying to catch up Caroline!

Love your days at Universal.......what is it about MiB that makes everyone so competitive.........lol......my two guys take it so seriously! Lol.......I’m not into those rides so I look so bored in the ride pictures.......

Glad you enjoyed HRC.....it’s been years since we went.......they do a good burger.......glad you both enjoyed your time at Universal......

Is there another trip to the Darkside planned for sometime :thumbsup2
Hi Carole

You lucky lady, catching up at Universal!! I hope your trip is going splendidly!!

We had a great time at US/IOA

We will definitely be back! I hope you get to try Hagrid’s, I will be excited to hear your review!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter