“Rise” to the Challenge, FREAK!! Done and new trip report started 5/2/21

So funny- my daughter is also a lover of hot sauce and she couldn’t find any of her favourite brands when she lived in Denmark for a year in 2015-16. So when she moved back home we bought her a giant bottle and cookbook for her birthday!! Seems our girls have something in common :goodvibes View attachment 487098
That is so funny! I am so the opposite, I will eat buffalo style chicken wings, as long as it is mild! :hyper: Andi loves the hottest sauce she can find and loves it on everything! I have been eating so healthy lately and I miss a good burger, minus hot sauce. Haha!

Hello Everyone!

Happy Easter to all who celebrate! 🐣Ours is going to be very quiet.

My husband made homemade bread this morning and I made a banana bread! We do get up early around here! We will miss our children so much today! Happy memories of Easter egg hunts and hidden baskets full of goodies.

We had to have 2 separate egg hunts because of the age difference between Jack and Andi. Jack’s would be in the family room and Andi’s would be in the sun room. Big brother could find eggs super fast and baby girl Andi was much slower so this worked well!
Jack is considered essential at this time and this of course makes a mom nervous! He is working in the lab and his company has actually invented a light box, it kills all bacteria and viruses within 5 minutes! It would work for masks and other hospital equipment. The company has been donating these to many hospitals! We all unfortunately can’t go in the box to kill the virus, it would fry us. Haha 😂 I wish we could! Sweet Andi is at her house in Wisconsin. She is afraid of her mom because of my higher risk job as a RN. She won’t come home. Miss her!

Back to trip reporting, today was January 22, Wednesday, and this was our 9th day! Still cold and I Lava You! 😍

It was still very cold out today. We dressed as warm as we could and headed to MK. We were casual today and not in any rush.

We did my security hack again and breezed through the no bag line!

Our first ride was PM! We love this ride, as you all know🧚 We had to get the famous PM picture of our legs. Long pants today! A look at Tron construction as we rode on by!
IMG_Apr122020at103211AM.jpg
IMG_Apr122020at103337AM.jpg
We decided to head over to Philharmagic! The weather dictated an inside attraction! I know this is an older attraction, however, it always makes us happy and does not get old to us!

Next, it was time for our first FP of the day! Can you guess what it is? If you guessed “the wildest ride in the wilderness” you are correct! Umm, the hat would have been nice on this ride. It was cold! We did get a picture at the end and it was cute!
IMG_Apr122020at103047AM.jpg
Despite the very cold weather, Andi wanted to try the I lava you float at Sunshine Tree Terrace. This was suppose to look like a volcano 🌋 It is symbolic for TeFiti, The volcano. The Pixar short about this is so good, check it out, it makes me cry 😭 It had strawberry Fanta, dole whip, and pop rocks in it. It was very good! We were freezing 🥶eating this!
IMG_Apr122020at103004AM.jpg
IMG_Apr122020at103554AM.jpg
We headed over to 7DMT! It was time for our 2nd FP. The ride was fun as always, despite the wind and the chill!
IMG_Apr122020at102843AM.jpg
The little guy in front looks a little uncomfortable 😣
I had been texting with Ariane this am. She was also freezing in MK with Steve! We didn’t get a chance to meet up again so we said our goodbyes via text! This was their travel home day!

Andi and I decided to check out Storybook circus 🎪 The shop here always smells so delicious, love it 😻 We decided to check out the sitting area by Pete’s silly side circus. The wait for the characters was long and we passed on this. There wasn’t a sole in the sitting area. I started to take some pictures of Andi lounging here and I dropped my phone! My hands must have been so darn cold! It landed right on the cement. My screen protector cracked and my rear camera didn’t work anymore! This really sucked! I couldn’t take any more of my award winning pictures! 😹 Andi was going to have to take the pictures for the rest of the trip! We tried to fix it and no luck!
IMG_Apr122020at103728AM.jpg
It was time for our 3rd FP at Peter Pan! This ride always puts me in a good mood, even if it is only 2 minutes long, 😮I forgot about my broken IPhone and yelled out hello to Nana! Love that dog 🐶

Ride waits were high and we didn’t feel the need to do much else at this time. We did stop in several shops to warm up and browse around. We had a lunch reservation at The Wave today! We slowly moseyed out of the park and took the easy walk over to CR.

Once at CR, we warmed up and went into The Wave and it was quiet in there. We had arrived early and we were seated right away, yay! Our waitress was very nice and filled us in on the menu items and brought out the drinks. I decided on the Chicken Sandwich, it was grilled chicken with bacon and a lemon aioli sauce.
IMG_Apr122020at103846AM.jpg
Andi went with the Dashi Noodle Bowl with seared tofu. This had sweet chili bean curd, vegetables, udon noodles and Dashi broth.
IMG_Apr122020at103940AM.jpg
We enjoyed both of our choices! My chicken was moist and the combination of the bacon and aioli was very tasty. Mine had waffle fries and these were yummy. Crisp on the outside and soft inside!

The Wave is a good choice and relatively cheap for Disney!

The tofu in the broth was seared perfectly and the Dashi broth was so flavorful! Yummy 😋

Our plan was to take a Lyft from here to the Character Warehouse and after lunch, I just didn’t feel like going. Andi wanted to go to DS for awhile, with here friend so we missed the Character Warehouse this trip, maybe one of these trips!

I took a lyft back to CSR and Andi grabbed a bus to DS.

I was tired and getting a mild cold, I think several of us Disers got colds on this trip. Mine was quite mild and not bad but I was tired!

I’m sure many of you, like my mom, are blaming my no hat rule! My mom swears you get sick 😷 from windy cold weather on your ears and neck! Science says this isn’t true, however, your immune system does get a little assault when you are chilled so maybe a little bit of truth in this wives tale!

I hung out in my lovely room and relaxed. Andi came back in the evening and we decided to order pizza from Flippers. It was easy to do online. Andi went down to pick it up. We also got some garlic cheese bread knots with it. The pizza and bread were quite good. Sorry about the bad picture! This is the second time we have done pizza delivery at WDW and we have been pleased both times!
IMG_Apr122020at104049AM.jpg
We walked around the inside part of the resort a little and basically just vegged out in the room.

Another day in the books!

Food totals

Float=$7.45

Wave=$36.20 with tip and AP discount

Flippers=$25.00 with tip

Total=$68.65

Stay tuned for Day 10, Let’s have lunch at 9:30, why not!!

FYI I got my IPhone fixed and the camera works again yay! It was worth the fix rather than a brand new phone for me! I do need to upgrade my phone one of these days! I still have a 8S or whatever it is called.

Stay safe Everyone!!

Last edited:

My husband made homemade bread this morning and I made a banana bread!
I made banana bread today too! :)
We will miss our children so much today! Happy memories of Easter egg hunts and hidden baskets full of goodies.
:hug:
his company has actually invented a light box, it kills all bacteria and viruses within 5 minutes! It would work for masks and other hospital equipment.
Wow! Really! That's great!
We had to get the famous PM picture of our legs.
::yes:: It must be done.
Next, it was time for our first FP of the day! Can you guess what it is? If you guessed “the wildest ride in the wilderness” you are correct!
I did guess! Of course I noticed the picture first so maybe it doesn't count.
Andi wanted to try the I lava you float at Sunshine Tree Terrace.
That looks really good. I wonder if it'll be on the menu when I go next... whenever that is. It's looking like it might be 12-18 months, now.
The little guy in front looks a little uncomfortable 😣
:laughing: Just a bit!
There wasn’t a sole in the sitting area.
No shoes allowed?

:duck:
I started to take some pictures of Andi lounging here and I dropped my phone! My hands must have been so darn cold! It landed right on the cement. My screen protector cracked and my rear camera didn’t work anymore!
Oh, no!!! Did you get it fixed when you got back home? Or did you have to replace it?
It was time for our 3rd FP at Peter Pan! This ride always puts me in a good mood,
::yes:: Me too! Love when it takes off. :)
yelled out hello to Nana!
Absolutely!
I decided on the Chicken Sandwich, it was grilled chicken with bacon and a lemon aioli sauce.
mmm... that sounds good.
Andi went with the Dashi Noodle Bowl with seared tofu. This had sweet chili bean curd, vegetables, udon noodles and Dashi broth.
While I'd probably not order this... it does look quite good.
I was tired and getting a mild cold,
Oh, poop. That's too bad.
I’m sure many of you, like my mom, are blaming my no hat rule!
My mom and MIL do/did that.
My mom swears you get sick 😷 from windy cold weather on your ears and neck! Science says this isn’t true, however, your immune system does get a little assault when you are chilled so maybe a little bit of truth in this wives tale!
Hmmm... Nah. Not buying it. Still need the virus. Hat or no hat.
I swear, if I catch this corona virus, my mom will say it's because I didn't wear a hat.
This is the second time we have done pizza delivery at WDW and we have been pleased both times!
Flippers, huh? I'll have to keep that in mind. :)

Happy Easter, Caroline!

We did get a picture at the end and it was cute!
IMG_Apr122020at103047AM.jpg

Cute! Good thing you guys had coats with you…I can't believe how cold it looks!

The Pixar short about this is so good, check it out, it makes me cry 😭

I just watched it the other day again :love:

I started to take some pictures of Andi lounging here and I dropped my phone! My hands must have been so darn cold! It landed right on the cement. My screen protector cracked and my rear camera didn’t work anymore!

Oh, no! That sucks, especially while you're on vacation!

Stay safe Everyone!!

You too! :hug:

Look what Andi and I were doing 4 years ago this week, Ahh such happy times, my sweet girl looks so young!
This literally makes me so happy and so sad all at the same time. I’m trying to stay positive and wow it can be hard.
Miss our happy place!!
:lovestruc I can understand how these pictures make you both happy and sad at the same time. I'm finding it hard to stay positive myself... just hoping this ends soon!

Oh Tracy, I’m so sorry! Sometimes I wonder if we will be able to travel at all until a vaccine! :sad:
Thank you, Caroline! I know it... :sad1:

Thank you so much for helping to make masks, very important!
I'm trying to do my part... it's the least I can do given how many of you are making so many bigger sacrifices :hug:

My days are stressful. We had a nurse just quit because of this! I hope we see some curve flattening soon!!
I can only imagine how stressful they are. And I have wondered how many people in the healthcare field have thought about quitting because of it. I sure hope we see a flattening soon too!

He is working in the lab and his company has actually invented a light box, it kills all bacteria and viruses within 5 minutes! It would work for masks and other hospital equipment.
That's amazing, Caroline! You must be so proud of him (as I know you are) :goodvibes

Ugh! I dropped a cell phone on a Disney trip a long time ago (and several phones ago!) but thankfully it only left marks... and I thought about the Canada pavilion at Epcot every time I saw the marks :laughing::cloud9:

Stay safe Caroline! :hug:

I'm sorry your kids are away, I'm sure it's tough :( But glad you all are staying safe and thank you for being on the frontlines and for what you do!!

Sounds like a cold but fun morning! Oh no I'm sorry about your phone though!! Glad you were able to get it fixed when you got home.

Sounds like you needed that relaxing night!

I didn't make banana bread for Easter but I've actually made it twice since quarantine started! You can never have too much bread :P
I can't imagine my boys not being here for a holiday but the important thing is that Andi and Jack are safe! Hopefully you can see them before too much longer, and please take care of yourself ♥

I swear that Wed. was the coldest day of all! I had my hat on all morning at MK and still froze on BTMRR and Astro Orbiter! But- I will ALWAYS, now more than ever, take a cold day at Disney over no Disney......

Sorry you couldn't have your kids home for Easter. That light box invention sounds so necessary right now! I had to do the same thing with the hidden eggs for my two. Landon finds them so fast that he wasn't allowed to look for the ones in conservatory. Had to give Evie a chance!

Philarmagic is a classic, and it's so nice to have a place to sit and relax (or in your case that morning, warm up) in Fantasyland.

Oh no! Sorry about your phone. What a bummer and not what you want to deal with on vacation. Glad you were able to get it fixed later on.

He is working in the lab and his company has actually invented a light box, it kills all bacteria and viruses within 5 minutes! It would work for masks and other hospital equipment. The company has been donating these to many hospitals!

Whoa that's amazing!

Sweet Andi is at her house in Wisconsin. She is afraid of her mom because of my higher risk job as a RN.

Aww. I hope you managed to still enjoy your holiday! I haven't gone to my parents house since St Patricks Day and it's so hard not to see them and my siblings but I couldn't live with myself if I got one of them infected.

I know this is an older attraction, however, it always makes us happy and does not get old to us!

Me too! I love all the scenes from the movies I grew up with.

It had strawberry Fanta, dole whip, and pop rocks in it.

Oo I'd like to try that.

My hands must have been so darn cold! It landed right on the cement. My screen protector cracked and my rear camera didn’t work anymore!

Oh no!

The Wave is a good choice and relatively cheap for Disney!

We've had ADRs here a couple times and always switch to something else. I'd like to actually try it sometime!

Stay safe Everyone!!

You too Caroline!

Caroline, I completely missed that you had started this TR, but here I am :) 24 pages in.

I was so sorry to read about the passing of your Dad. My apologies for the extreme tardiness of these condolences, but your family is most certainly in my prayers as you continue to heal. I hope you will still be able to have your spring celebration at the lake when all of this is over!

What a perfect MK evening with your dessert party! Having a table to sit at would definitely be a perk! Love your hand eye-patch and finger hook on PoTC :) That's my signature move, too!

I can't believe how horribly rude the neighbors who moved in next door were! Especially the fact that you had to ask them to quiet down, and get management to do the same, AND actually being forced to get a room somewhere else!! That's just an unspeakable level of rude.

Your tower room looks beautiful!! And what a view!!

Brrrrr, what a cold night for after hours! But it looked like you all had a wonderful time despite the cold. Terrific company for sure :)

And I'm all caught up!!

Hope you continue to stay healthy during all of this, and fingers crossed for all of us that our returns to WDW are sooner rather than later!!

:) Jackie

My husband made homemade bread this morning and I made a banana bread! We do get up early around here! We will miss our children so much today! Happy memories of Easter egg hunts and hidden baskets full of goodies.

Mine was tacos and margs. Hands down the strangest Easter I've ever celebrated in all of my life.
Jack is considered essential at this time and this of course makes a mom nervous! He is working in the lab and his company has actually invented a light box, it kills all bacteria and viruses within 5 minutes! It would work for masks and other hospital equipment. The company has been donating these to many hospitals! We all unfortunately can’t go in the box to kill the virus, it would fry us. Haha 😂 I wish we could! Sweet Andi is at her house in Wisconsin. She is afraid of her mom because of my higher risk job as a RN. She won’t come home. Miss her!

We're using the lights as well to process the used masks. These sure are weird times.
We decided to head over to Philharmagic! The weather dictated an inside attraction! I know this is an older attraction, however, it always makes us happy and does not get old to us!

I never tire of that one. I always hum along and reach out for the gems. LOL!

There wasn’t a sole in the sitting area. I started to take some pictures of Andi lounging here and I dropped my phone! My hands must have been so darn cold! It landed right on the cement. My screen protector cracked and my rear camera didn’t work anymore! This really sucked!

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo!!! Mine took a swim a couple of years ago (remember that?) and I had to replace it while on vacation. I was heartbroken as I lost a few days of my trip photos. :(

IMG_Apr122020at103940AM.jpg

That looks absolutely delicious! YUM!!
FYI I got my IPhone fixed and the camera works again yay! It was worth the fix rather than a brand new phone for me! I do need to upgrade my phone one of these days! I still have a 8S or whatever it is called.
Phew!! That's a LOT cheaper than a whole new phone!!

I am not fond of hats even if it is a necessity. I have lived in Minnesota all my life and I have not worn a winter hat since I was a kid. Stubborn I am! My curly hair and face shape don’t look good in a hat 🎩. I don’t even own a winter hat.
Omg! No winter hat at all? 😆 I generally hate hats too, I have a wide head and look terrible with my hair up. I do own a lot of hats though, but usually I just put on my hood in the winter!

The divers were getting ready to feed the fish in the aquarium and we really enjoyed watching this. It was the first time we experienced the feedings.
I don't think we have seen the fish being fed before either! Only the manatee feedings, which I think are just lettuce!

We spent some time in America and I found a really nice print of Epcot. It is small and perfect for my shelf at home.
IMG_Apr32020at81555PM.jpg
So nice!

We also went across the Delaware with George Washington. We looked around the Pavilion until it was time to head to Italy.
IMG_Apr32020at81655PM.jpg
I need to go to Festival of the Arts just to do these hilarious photo ops!

I have to say I had never entered any of the shops in Italy 🇮🇹 I mean really what is wrong with me. :confused3 We really only shop in Japan and Morocco 🇲🇦 It was fun looking around the little shops.
We haven't either, it seems like we are always trying to squash so much into one day and we tend to overlook a lot of the shops!

Our pizza was so yummy 😋 We both really enjoyed this.
IMG_Apr32020at83209PM.jpg
Looks delicious!

There was a 3D demonstration of all the new areas. I enjoyed watching this. It made me excited to experience all these attractions in the future.
I saw this on my recent trip, it was so neat! I'm glad I was solo because my mom would have absolutely gotten sick, she can't do circle vision and it felt like the whole room was moving when the scenes transitioned! I hope that all of the Epcot changes can still move forward, though I wouldn't be too upset if the Spaceship Earth remodel is delayed...

I ate snacks in the room. I had cheese and crackers, chips, and candy. Perfect TV watching food. It was a well needed lounge night at the resort for me.
This is one of the best parts about vacation! All the treats and some silly TV!

We walked right into a Character Palooza in WS, this was so fun. We met all the characters that were out.
This is a fun and casual way to meet some favorites!
Love all the pictures, what a fun way to meet a bunch of characters.

Here are a few more pictures of our Epcot morning, Morocco passport, the living statues, obligatory bubble gum wall photos and the last one isn’t the best but I wanted to show you all my night view from the room. Fireworks from MK in the far background!
Such an awesome view! I can't wait to stay in the tower someday.

Hope you had a lovely Easter! We ordered take home brunch, it was so delicious and we just finished the leftovers today!

We had to have 2 separate egg hunts because of the age difference between Jack and Andi. Jack’s would be in the family room and Andi’s would be in the sun room. Big brother could find eggs super fast and baby girl Andi was much slower so this worked well!
That is so cute!

Jack is considered essential at this time and this of course makes a mom nervous! He is working in the lab and his company has actually invented a light box, it kills all bacteria and viruses within 5 minutes! It would work for masks and other hospital equipment. The company has been donating these to many hospitals! We all unfortunately can’t go in the box to kill the virus, it would fry us. Haha 😂 I wish we could!
Definitely scary, but what a great thing to be a part of!

Such a funny show, they just opened it in Disneyland so hopefully that means it will be around for a long time!

Despite the very cold weather, Andi wanted to try the I lava you float at Sunshine Tree Terrace. This was suppose to look like a volcano 🌋 It is symbolic for TeFiti, The volcano. The Pixar short about this is so good, check it out, it makes me cry 😭 It had strawberry Fanta, dole whip, and pop rocks in it. It was very good! We were freezing 🥶eating this!
That looks so good, the pop rocks trend in the parks is interesting but I am all for it!

I started to take some pictures of Andi lounging here and I dropped my phone! My hands must have been so darn cold! It landed right on the cement. My screen protector cracked and my rear camera didn’t work anymore! This really sucked! I couldn’t take any more of my award winning pictures! 😹 Andi was going to have to take the pictures for the rest of the trip! We tried to fix it and no luck!
Oh no!!! That is my biggest fear! :sad:

That looks delicious, I will have to add that to my list. Sounds so good for a cold park day.

Our plan was to take a Lyft from here to the Character Warehouse and after lunch, I just didn’t feel like going. Andi wanted to go to DS for awhile, with here friend so we missed the Character Warehouse this trip, maybe one of these trips!
We have only been once, when we had a rental car for a few days at Cocoa Beach. I wish they were a bit closer to the parks, plus it is so hard to park at those malls! It's easier to park at MOA!

I hung out in my lovely room and relaxed. Andi came back in the evening and we decided to order pizza from Flippers. It was easy to do online. Andi went down to pick it up. We also got some garlic cheese bread knots with it. The pizza and bread were quite good. Sorry about the bad picture! This is the second time we have done pizza delivery at WDW and we have been pleased both times!
We will have to try ordering in, we do it a lot at home so why not at WDW! The food court options are just not that good and are so expensive, it would probably be the same price. That pizza looks great!

Hurrah! I upgraded from an 8 plus to an 11 recently and it is amazing how much they improve every model. New phones are so expensive though, we waited around until we could get a good BOGO deal.

made banana bread today too!
I put sour cream in mine, do you? It is so good.
That looks really good. I wonder if it'll be on the menu when I go next... whenever that is. It's looking like it might be 12-18 months, now.
Sad to think it will be that long before visiting WDW, We have tried several of the specialty floats and have liked all of them! I hope it is still on the menu!
No shoes allowed?
Haha 😂
Oh, no!!! Did you get it fixed when you got back home? Or did you have to replace it?
I did get it fixed for $50.00, worth it for me!
Me too! Love when it takes off
PPF is such a feel good ride!
mmm... that sounds good.
Both choices at The Wave were very good. I think the one Andi had was available with chicken as well.
Hmmm... Nah. Not buying it. Still need the virus. Hat or no hat.
I swear, if I catch this corona virus, my mom will say it's because I didn't wear a hat.
Can’t get my mom to believe that! Keep your immune system strong during this time, lots of rest, eat right, and minimal stress! The last one is very hard!
Flippers, huh? I'll have to keep that in mind.
We have tried a couple different delivery places and have been pleasantly pleased 😃

Happy Easter, Caroline!
Thank you! It sure was quiet!
Cute! Good thing you guys had coats with you…I can't believe how cold it looks!
It was very cold, I was glad I brought some warm clothes!
I just watched it the other day again
It is so sweet!
Oh, no! That sucks, especially while you're on vacation!
I know! I am glad I got it fixed. I will have to get a new one eventually

can understand how these pictures make you both happy and sad at the same time. I'm finding it hard to stay positive myself... just hoping this ends soon!
It really is hard and the scary thing is not one person can predict with any precision on the course! I just keep praying it will self limit itself like other viruses do!
I'm trying to do my part... it's the least I can do given how many of you are making so many bigger sacrifices
Everything helps and masks are a part of everyday life now for all!
can only imagine how stressful they are. And I have wondered how many people in the healthcare field have thought about quitting because of it. I sure hope we see a flattening soon too!
We are working with limited staff because of this and it makes it more stressful!
That's amazing, Caroline! You must be so proud of him (as I know you are)
So proud!!
Ugh! I dropped a cell phone on a Disney trip a long time ago (and several phones ago!) but thankfully it only left marks... and I thought about the Canada pavilion at Epcot every time I saw the marks
At least good memories of a place we love 💕 are attached to dropping our phones haha 😂
Great trip review! Thanks for posting!
Thank you for reading along!! It mean so much!

I'm sorry your kids are away, I'm sure it's tough :( But glad you all are staying safe and thank you for being on the frontlines and for what you do!!
Thank you so much Alexis!!
Sounds like a cold but fun morning! Oh no I'm sorry about your phone though!! Glad you were able to get it fixed when you got home.
It was a very cold morning, it reminded me of last January!
Sounds like you needed that relaxing night!
Yes a couple quiet evenings in our nice new room was just what we needed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter