“Rise” to the Challenge, FREAK!! Done and new trip report started 5/2/21

Today is Thursday, January 23rd, this is Day 10 of our trip! The last full day, wow 😳 even long trips must come to an end!
That went by so fast! Seems like such a fun trip, it's amazing how fast every day goes by at Disney.

This was another early morning for us. The plan was to ride Rise of the Resistance one more time. We arrived at Hollywood Studios by 6:30am and got through the no bag security line fairly fast and lined up way to the right. We made it to our favorite spot, TSL and waited for the 7:00am drill. Andi was getting really good at this and got us Boarding group 11! Yay 😁
It's amazing, I get up earlier for Disney than I do for work :hyper:. Glad you were able to ride multiple times, no bag definitely seems like the way to go.

We headed to SWGE. My plan was to try and ride Smugglers! GE was busy and Smugglers had a long standby line. I noticed the single rider was open, we literally walked right on. The single rider line is just a hallway and stairs so not an interactive queue but this was awesome for us! We got our assignments and we both ended up gunners on the same run!
Yay for riding together! I rode for the first time and was an engineer, seems like gunner would be a little more fun, or at least closer to the screen!

A mom and son were the pilots and both of them did not know how to pilot the Falcon, oh well! I enjoyed this time better than our first ride. I hope someday to be a pilot.
It would be great to be pilot! Even if I waited in the normal line, I'm sure there'd always be a kid who would get it instead :scratchin. On my ride, two kids were piloting and neither could reach their controls! Oh well, at least it was an entertaining ride because we crashed into everything!

We decided to brave Starbucks! I wanted the new DHS mug and a carrot cake cookie. The line was long but it moved fast. We each ordered a refresher and I picked up my new mug and cookie. I was going to save the treat for my breakfast the next morning.
IMG_Apr252020at91148AM.jpg
What a cute mug, they have so many talented artists!

We met a lady with a T-shirt on from our area. It is a resort on Lake Superior. Andi worked there in high school so we chatted with her!
It's crazy what a small world Disney is!

Andi had the plant based California burger. She enjoyed this, it had some spicy flavors in it. Of course, she loved that.
Yes, Disney needs more spicy foods please!

We headed back to the room, relaxed some and I worked on TR notes. I saw posts showing Harrison Ford in GE today! Oh man we missed him! I would have loved to see him.

I also saw posts about The Kardashians, they were also here and the photos showed them at MK yesterday! We were there but never saw them. Celebrities all around us and I was oblivious! Haha 🤣
I have never seen a celebrity in Disney before, that would have been so cool! I know some CMs get to do tours for all the VIPs, that would be such a neat job!

How fun! I would like to be the pilot someday too!
I know if Jack and Andi piloted the Falcon we would get an awesome score, with me I doubt it. :hyper:
love that. I am literally drinking my coffee from the old style DHS Starbucks mug right now.
I have all the parks and now they have new ones, I love these mugs. I use mine all the time!
Why not? Especially when you've already been awake for 4 hours!
Lunch at 9:30am, why not is right!
I need to explain the process to Ricky before we go, because knowing my tech skills I'll completely mess it up and Steve just doesn't have the patience lol!
The tech savvy young adults figure out quickly!
Wow of course the day after we leave! I would have loved to see Harrison Ford. Totally could have skipped the Kardashians but - shhh - Steve would have loved i
I can’t believe we missed getting a look at the celebs, Steve’s secret is safe with me!
You sure about that? I thought our President said otherwise :confused3 Your post was clearly ahead of its time
:rotfl:I’m getting my syringes full of bleach as we speak! :hyper::confused3
Oh Casey would be all over this. Now her mother on the other hand would make sarcastic remarks about what the red fanta looks like, but Casey would love it
I wonder why Disney keeps making floats that remind us of female things.:lmao:
Any chance Andi is available to accompany us on our next trip to Disney
Tech savvy she is!
Nothing says lunch like 9:30 am and a bacon cheeseburger!
It really hit the spot!
Wow, that would have been awesome.
I would love to have seen Harrison Ford in GE, very cool!
I've only done engineer... and so I feel like I have yet to go on the ride.
Very true!!
When you omit the word "see", it brings a whole new connotation to that comment.
Now now Pkondz, only the younger Harrison Ford! :rotfl::love:

That went by so fast! Seems like such a fun trip, it's amazing how fast every day goes by at Disney.
No matter how long, vacations come to an end :sad:
It's amazing, I get up earlier for Disney than I do for work :hyper:. Glad you were able to ride multiple times, no bag definitely seems like the way to go.
The early morning visits to HS was worth it for Rise! Such an awesome attraction
Yay for riding together! I rode for the first time and was an engineer, seems like gunner would be a little more fun, or at least closer to the screen!
I did like gunnner more because it was closer to the front and a little more interactive.
would be great to be pilot! Even if I waited in the normal line, I'm sure there'd always be a kid who would get it instead :scratchin. On my ride, two kids were piloting and neither could reach their controls! Oh well, at least it was an entertaining ride because we crashed into everything!
I would be a terrible pilot 👩‍✈️ but still want to experience it!
What a cute mug, they have so many talented artists!
Disney mugs are my downfall, I have so many and now Starbucks has all new designs!
It's crazy what a small world Disney is!
It really is, we have run into people from Duluth a few times.
Yes, Disney needs more spicy foods please!
Andi would totally agree with you!
have never seen a celebrity in Disney before, that would have been so cool! I know some CMs get to do tours for all the VIPs, that would be such a neat job!
All times we have been, I have been oblivious if celebrities were there, haha 😆

Thank you for the positive thoughts and appreciation it is so nice to hear!! I have a precious 6 days off and I am relaxing!
Oh I'm so glad to hear that! Six days must have been wonderful for you to decompress after all the stress :goodvibes

The single rider line is just a hallway and stairs so not an interactive queue but this was awesome for us!
I didn't even know how cool the regular standby line was until I saw some pics on Su-Lynn's report. I've of course only ever done the single riders line and never knew what I was missing! :laughing:

I saw posts showing Harrison Ford in GE today!
What?!?!? OMG how cool would that have been?! Next time... ;)

Our boarding group was called by 8:15am, off we go to help the Resistance. This was our 3rd ride and we loved it. We had a front seat and it is amazing 😉 I saw new things again! I am so glad we had 3 opportunities to ride this fantastic attraction!
Awesome that Andi got so good at snagging a boarding group! You definitely did it right now having to wait all day long for the group to be called.

Celebrities all around us and I was oblivious! Haha 🤣
Too bad you weren't able to do some elbow rubbing with the stars!! The closest we've come to a celebrity sighting at Disney World happened in 2007 when we were getting off of Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin. While I was looking for our ride pic, Rob yells to me, "Look! It's Sinbad!" He was right. Sinbad and his entourage came off the ride just behind us!

Three times on RotR this trip is so awesome. I’m totally jealous. Andi the pro getting BG11 is also about as good as it gets. Makes for a nice efficient morning, including your 9:30am lunch! I’m not sure I could eat a burger that early in the day. :rotfl:

Wow your day sounds amazing and you’re only at 9.30 am lol
Andi needs to tutor the rest of us( (ok me) so that we can get an early boarding group and have lunch at 9.30 too! :rotfl: :goodvibes
PS I’d happily rub shoulders with Harrison Ford at any age!!!!

Nice luck getting on the same Smuggler's Run ride even while doing single rider!

And glad Andi got you another awesome BG for RotR!

When you are up that early, 9:30am is a totally acceptable time for lunch!

Sounds like a great DHS morning!!

Lets have lunch at 9:30am, why not!!

Well, yeah!! That's about when I start to get hungry too!
Andi was getting really good at this and got us Boarding group 11! Yay 😁

WOWZA! Nice!

A mom and son were the pilots and both of them did not know how to pilot the Falcon, oh well! I enjoyed this time better than our first ride. I hope someday to be a pilot.

Piloting is HARD!!! Karilynn and I were pilots with Fran, Alison, Su-Lynn and Lesley in DLR and we sucked. Me more than her. It was SO stressful!!!!

Our boarding group was called by 8:15am, off we go to help the Resistance. This was our 3rd ride and we loved it. We had a front seat and it is amazing 😉 I saw new things again! I am so glad we had 3 opportunities to ride this fantastic attraction!

I really hope it' not too much longer that I can ride it!

HS does not have very many breakfast options and we were actually getting very hungry.

Sadly no. I sure wish it did too!!

The new DHS mug looks nice. I have the DAK one and Alex has the Epcot version, but I still prefer the You Are Here series to the new design. Do you collect them and if so any specific ones? I try to grab them from the countries I visit.

When it comes to eating breakfast in Disney's Hollywood Studios you made the right call. A burger is probably the best find! It just counts as a savory breakfast. :rotfl2:

Oh I'm so glad to hear that! Six days must have been wonderful for you to decompress after all the stress
Thanks Tracy! I have enjoyed my long stretch off. It would have been more fun at Disney! This week was our makeup visit from March and I hear the weather has been beautiful down there!

didn't even know how cool the regular standby line was until I saw some pics on Su-Lynn's report. I've of course only ever done the single riders line and never knew what I was missing
We often do single rider lines if available. Andi does EE single rider and can often ride multiple times.
What?!?!? OMG how cool would that have been?! Next time... ;)
I would have loved to get a glimpse at Harrison Ford!
Awesome that Andi got so good at snagging a boarding group! You definitely did it right now having to wait all day long for the group to be called.
She really did! We lucked out and got to experience the ride 3x! The early mornings at the time are hard but so worth it!
Too bad you weren't able to do some elbow rubbing with the stars!! The closest we've come to a celebrity sighting at Disney World happened in 2007 when we were getting off of Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin. While I was looking for our ride pic, Rob yells to me, "Look! It's Sinbad!
Cool! I know from social media we have been in the parks several times with celebrities and have never noticed! We are to excited by the magic in the parks!

Three times on RotR this trip is so awesome. I’m totally jealous. Andi the pro getting BG11 is also about as good as it gets. Makes for a nice efficient morning, including your 9:30am lunch! I’m not sure I could eat a burger that early in the day. :rotfl:
The attraction is so amazing! I experienced new things each ride. The track less system is so smooth and a new experience to us. We thought it might be hard to eat a burger and fries at 9:30 but it really was just fine and the food was good, it hadn’t been sitting out!

Wow your day sounds amazing and you’re only at 9.30 am lol
Andi needs to tutor the rest of us( (ok me) so that we can get an early boarding group and have lunch at 9.30 too! :rotfl: :goodvibes
PS I’d happily rub shoulders with Harrison Ford at any age!!!!
It was a fun morning, we did 3 top rides before 9:30am! I was the one who researched how to be successful with the BG sign up and Andi just comes along and nails it! Haha 😂
The 9:30 lunch was really enjoyable! I thought it was a little odd to open that early and only offer lunch food. We were glad they did after all!
I would love to see Harrison Ford at any age but the younger one ahh, he would be my preference!

Nice luck getting on the same Smuggler's Run ride even while doing single rider!

And glad Andi got you another awesome BG for RotR!

When you are up that early, 9:30am is a totally acceptable time for lunch!

Sounds like a great DHS morning!!
I couldn’t believe no one was using the single rider line! It was quick and easy. I enjoyed the whole experience way more this time! A couple ahead of us got separated so it was nice Andi and I got on the same mission!
We had a really nice morning and the tasty early lunch worked out well!

Well, yeah!! That's about when I start to get hungry too!
I agree especially when we had been up for hours by this time.
WOWZA! Nice!
Yes Andi learned quickly to close out of all apps, shut off phone, turn back on and Bam low boarding group number!!
Piloting is HARD!!! Karilynn and I were pilots with Fran, Alison, Su-Lynn and Lesley in DLR and we sucked. Me more than her. It was SO stressful!!!!
I would suck at it! I would love to see my two kiddos pilot, Jack would be awesome at it, with all his gaming experience! I know if I am the pilot with Andi, she will be yelling at me, for sure! :rotfl:
really hope it' not too much longer that I can ride it!
I hope you get to ride soon, it is amazing!
Sadly no. I sure wish it did too!!
It is so hard to find any decent breakfast options and Woody’s is usually slammed at this time of day and we didn’t feel like fighting the crowds in TSL so lunch it was with many places to sit!

The new DHS mug looks nice. I have the DAK one and Alex has the Epcot version, but I still prefer the You Are Here series to the new design. Do you collect them and if so any specific ones? I try to grab them from the countries I visit.

When it comes to eating breakfast in Disney's Hollywood Studios you made the right call. A burger is probably the best find! It just counts as a savory breakfast. :rotfl2:
I’m addicted to collecting the you are here mugs, most of mine are from Disney, I have all 4 parks and now 2 for HS. I have one from Universal Orlando, New York City, and Madrid Spain. Andi got the one from Spain for me on a trip several years ago. I like how the mugs hold 12oz of coffee and cream nicely!
Yes the burger was definitely a savory breakfast, haha 😆 It really was a good choice for us and lots of seating available!

Before I start this update, I am sitting here with many happy, sad, unsure, and bewildered 😳thoughts! First are the happy thoughts, it was one year ago today that I headed to WDW for the Epic trip!

This was a big step for me. I am a shy person and had not traveled solo to Disney and I was a little nervous 😩 My husband bid me farewell and told me to have fun at my bloggers convention 😃Well, let me just say, I had the best time and met the nicest group of Diser’s! This was one of the best Disney trips I have had! I am forever grateful to have been included in this! I can’t wait to do this again!

My sad thoughts are missing Disney, I would have been in WDW today, this was our makeup trip for March.😥We would have been staying at POFQ and enjoying the F&G festival. I even snagged M&M railway, SDD, and 7DMT FPs. To top it off, the weather has been beautiful in Orlando this week. Sighs!

My unsure and bewildered thoughts have to do with future trips to WDW this year. I know most of my friends on here will head back to Disney as soon as able. This is great, however, for myself I do have reservations about this. It will really depend on the restrictions and how safe I feel about traveling. Time will tell. I really want to go back to Disney in August or September. I have a trip booked for 8/17-8/24 and I am not going to cancel unless I feel it is necessary. I might change this trip to September if it works with Andi’s schedule. I would love to spend 2 nights at US and do HHN👻🎃 Those are my thoughts, what do you all think?

Day 10, Part 2, our soggy afternoon in Epcot!

When I left off, we were resting in the room. I was changing FP to Epcot from AK. Our plans changed when Andi’s friend invited her to City Walk at US. I looked at my notes and realized it was US not DS.

Andi did not have a ticket for US because her mom didn’t upgrade to AP’s for US in August. I’m still mad at myself over that one!

I was able to get LwtL, Nemo, and SE for our FP+, this was fine for a last minute change. Remember my broken IPhone 📱? Well, my last few posts do not have many pictures. I’m sorry about that! Andi took pictures for me, however, just a few.

It was raining ☔️ as we left the resort. I had packed our ponchos and it did look like we would need them today. It was raining lightly as we entered Epcot. We decided to do the new film attraction called Awesome Planet 🌎 in the Land pavilion. As did everyone else in the park! The land was crowded. We went into the movie and enjoyed it. The gist is to be conscientious about saving our planet! I believe Phil from Modern Family is the narrator.

We went to LwtL next. We had the front seat which I love. If my camera would have been working, I would have took a picture of our feet for @suse66.
IMG_May12020at114614AM.jpg
There were a few new displays in the LwtL tour. This is a simple ride that really has so much information in it! The ride is a staple for us, we love it and ride every single trip!
IMG_May12020at114721AM.jpg
We headed to Find Nemo again! That little fish sure gets lost a lot!

I wanted to stop for a picture! Look at us drowned little fishes! We are classy, keeping the rain gear on!
IMG_May12020at113556AM.jpg
After the stellar picture session, we went and found Nemo. Isn’t the starfish at the end a hoot, I love her!
IMG_May12020at113643AM.jpg
Of course, we spent time visiting the aquarium! We got to see divers working with the juvenile sting rays. They reward them for good behavior and at the same time, they check them over. Disney is top notch with the aquarium, sea life, and animals!

It was time to get our imagination on! Figment was a walk on and we enjoyed this quirky ride! You really have to love Disney to get this ride! I think about some people I know and they would think this is the dumbest ride! My son would be one of them, he is just way to cool 😎 and serious. He needs a little purple dragon in his life!

We wanted to meet the characters at the Visa meet except the wait was over 20 minutes in this small stuffy hall so we passed.

It was time, instead, to try some treats in WS. I wanted to try the Wild Mushroom Risotto in Canada 🇨🇦. This was our first stop and this dish was delicious. I loved it. We gave it 2 thumbs up.
IMG_May12020at113947AM.jpg
Our next stop was France for the Brie bread bowl and the frozen French martini 🍸 This was very good. The two went together well. The Brie dish was so yummy and perfect for a rainy afternoon. We huddled under the little gazebo with many others to enjoy our snacks. I let Andi sip on the Martini and she liked this! Another 2 thumbs up!
IMG_May12020at114102AM.jpg

IMG_May12020at114223AM.jpg
It was still raining lightly so we decided not too venture further into WS. Instead we went back towards the Deconstructed Dish and tried the Deconstructed Strawberry 🍓 cheesecake. We ate this in the shop next to the booth. It was really good. The little shortbread with the cheesecake was delicious. Wow, we gave thumbs up for all 3 booths we tried!
IMG_May12020at114400AM.jpg
Since Mexico was close by, we went in to ride the Gran Fiesta. It was busy in the pavilion most likely the rain brought everyone inside. There was a mom with 5 children in front of us, she looked exhausted, and she was pregnant. Her children all had to be under 7! She sat in front of us with her 5 rambunctious kids! I thought for sure one would end up falling out of the boat! They made me nervous! Andi, on the other hand, was just annoyed by them!

This was not a very peaceful or enjoyable ride this time around, oh well, I still love this little water ride! The fireworks on the ceiling, what’s not to love ❤️

It was time for our SE FP, we headed to the front of Epcot and jumped in line. When we got to our vehicle, my bag accidentally hit Chinese for our language. We couldn’t change it, the ride was not the same without Dame Judi! We noticed the ride kept making abrupt stops and then starting right back up. I hadn’t experienced that before. Usually it is the longer stops, it was weird! I was able to get us another FP for right away so we could ride again with Dame Judi in English! The ride did continue to make the very short abrupt stops, poor SE, it does need a refurbishment.
IMG_May12020at114441AM.jpg
It was time to head out. Andi’s friend was picking her up at the ride share area. We said goodbye and I headed to the bus stop. I got there and people were lined up all wrong, yikes! They were in single file to the sidewalk and not using the stanchions. The people were blocking the sidewalk for other people passing by to get to other bus stops! I lined up correctly and some thought I was cutting the line. I explained how to line up and one guy says oh you must work for Disney! I just smiled and wanted to say no dumba**, I just know proper bus etiquette! I was happy to get back to the resort and lounge around. I did get a drink for myself and went back to the room and munched on leftover pizza and snacks. I watched some Disney+ and Andi returned around midnight!

Day 10 now in the books!

Food totals

ABC Commissary =$26.61

Trolley Car Cafe =$31.91 AP discount on my mug

Festival of Arts booths =$30.00

Total =$88.52

Stay tuned for the last day, A fond farewell!!
IMG_May12020at113444AM.jpg
This is Douglas, he is Andi’s pet rabbit. He is the cutest little guy. I call him my “grandbunny”. She sends me pictures and videos everyday of little Doug and it helps me feel happy, especially at work these days! She bought him a harness and takes him out in the yard!

Sounds like a lovely Epcot day despite the rain! I LOVE your polka dot raincoat!!! :) In the Nemo pics, you reminded me of Mr. Ray!

We love Journey into Imagination, too! It has a bit of nostalgia for me as one of Jimmy's first attractions, and he still insists to ride it on every trip :) Plus, I love the song!!

I explained how to line up and one guy says oh you must work for Disney! I just smiled and wanted to say no dumba**, I just know proper bus etiquette!
I would really have loved to be there if you actually DID say that to him! :) It seems so "un-Caroline" to me!! LOL

This is Douglas, he is Andi’s pet rabbit. He is the cutest little guy. I call him my “grandbunny”.
Aww, hello little Douglas. He certainly is cute!

I'm sorry you should be in Disney right now :( It's a sad time not knowing when we will be back in our happy place. I too am supposed to be there in August but I am trying to accept that it's most likely not going to happen. But trying to hold onto hope..for both of us!

I love your colorful rain ponchos! Sounds like a nice time in Epcot!

Doug is so cute, congrats on your grandbunny!! hehehe

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter