•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

DH finally gave me the go ahead to add on to our DVC points but only if I bought CCV, don’t twist my arm . Our first home resort is BLT which I absolutely love but I also love CCV and the different experience we had when staying there last year. I did go with a different use year and I do understand the whole complexity of two different use years but feel with our vacation habits this works best for us. Took me no time to find a contract, I put in an offer on a 100pt CCV resale contract last night and the buyer accepted it this morning!!! Now on to the torture part of waiting. I can’t wait to call CCV our home.

How does it work with resale points? Are you now only able to use them at CCV?

If booking cash through Disney, the general consensus seems to be that the cash side only rents out dedicated 2 bedrooms at the resorts with them.

If you are booking through points. By renting it would depend on the broker or renter being willing to grab, since they consist of a studio that makes it more difficult to grab. If you are booking yourself through points, if an owner, you will see lockoff as an option but need to book right at 8AM. Though again since they consist of a studio and 1 bedroom they are difficult to grab because of this.

Are 2 bedroom lock offs bigger than reg 2 bedrooms because of the studio?

How does it work with resale points? Are you now only able to use them at CCV?
Any resales purchased after 1/19/19 (well sent to ROFR after that date) are subject to the resale restrictions. Any resort existing prior to Riviera can use their points at any of the existing resorts but not Riviera San forward. Riviera and future resorts can only use their points at their home resort once resold.

So the CCV contract they are buying can stay at CCV and older resorts.

Welcome and congratulations.pooh:
That's great to know. This will be our first time booking online. The last trip, I booked over the phone so I could speak to a live person and ask questions. That's the only downside I have about CC - the uncertainty of getting a reservation at 11 months. It is worth it though!

I will add my info here if someone would like to add me to the group:
princesslover*April, 2018*December

I look forward to following this group!

Yes, those seasons have always been in high demand due to lower point costs. If you note the charts, most of November and December are covered by the Adventure and Choice seasons which means you can enjoy the holiday vibe at a lower point total. So, those have long been a difficult reservation (to include VWL) at 11 months unless you're on the phone or online right when they open up. I further believe that due to the ever tightening window of opportunity, more people are walking reservations which further complicates matters. Best of luck to you for next year's trip! We'll be attempting the same at VWL (our home) though we tend to go for 1BRs so the demand isn't as high.

Are you also going in 2020? We will probably be there at the same time. I'll look for you. :santa::santa::santa: I wouldn't mind moving up to a 1 bdr, but with this time of year, the point allocation is too high for us. Even with borrowing, we'd be 41 or so points shy. We really are dependent on a studio this go around. It is making me nervous, but hopefully being on at 8:00 am and playing around with some dates, we can make it work.

Are you also going in 2020? We will probably be there at the same time. I'll look for you. :santa::santa::santa: I wouldn't mind moving up to a 1 bdr, but with this time of year, the point allocation is too high for us. Even with borrowing, we'd be 41 or so points shy. We really are dependent on a studio this go around. It is making me nervous, but hopefully being on at 8:00 am and playing around with some dates, we can make it work.
Yes, our long term plan is to be there for 10 days (give or take a couple of days). We've gone for a few days during the holiday season perhaps three times, and this year we'll be there two nights right before our Christmas cruise. For 2020, it's a full on Christmas holiday trip at the Lodge and the parks for the first time. See you there!

Oh and to charge phones and iPads do I need to just bring the wires or do I need the plug part too? We usually stay at YC they have the usb built into the plugs is CCV like that too?

hello all. i am new to this and am trying to figure this out. we bought at CCV GabeGlz*August 2018*September and we are going on our firts trip as DVC owners Dec 2-12, 2019. we are staying in a 2 Bedroom Suite, can anyone help me out and recommend which ones have better views. never stayed a Wilderness Lodge so im pretty clueless if some rooms catch a view of Fireworks and things like that. Thanks!!!

hello all. i am new to this and am trying to figure this out. we bought at CCV GabeGlz*August 2018*September and we are going on our firts trip as DVC owners Dec 2-12, 2019. we are staying in a 2 Bedroom Suite, can anyone help me out and recommend which ones have better views. never stayed a Wilderness Lodge so im pretty clueless if some rooms catch a view of Fireworks and things like that. Thanks!!!

:welcome:and Congrats! Happy you found us! That’s so exciting you have your first WL/CCV stay coming up!! It’s such a beautiful resort!!! When you walk into the lobby for the very first time and see that Christmas tree, it will take your breath away!!! I hope you enjoy it! I have not stayed in a 2 bedroom yet, but if you check Page 1, I’ve posted some guests room views! I’ve also already added you to Page 1! Have fun and

*WELCOME HOME!*

hello all. i am new to this and am trying to figure this out. we bought at CCV GabeGlz*August 2018*September and we are going on our first trip as DVC owners Dec 2-12, 2019. we are staying in a 2 Bedroom Suite, can anyone help me out and recommend which ones have better views. never stayed a Wilderness Lodge so I'm pretty clueless if some rooms catch a view of Fireworks and things like that. Thanks!!!
Welcome and congratulations. You chose a beautiful resort to purchase at, and I bet you can't wait to be there in person. If you check out the map here you can see that there are 2 bedrooms on all of the floors spread out in various locations. Our most common room request is for a high floor to get a better view. Your room will likely either overlook the main pool courtyard (if its an odd numbered room number) or the Boulder Ridge Cove (quieter villas pool) if it is an even room number. Rooms at the left end of the map open up to the lobby, which is quite spectacular and something else we like to request. Some prefer to avoid these rooms though because you can hear noise from the WCC restaurant in the lobby in the evenings, but it does quiet down by bedtime. Unfortunately there isn't a great fireworks view from the rooms, because there is another hotel wing on the other side of the main pool in the way. You may still catch some of the fireworks from a high floor room on the North side of the wing (with an odd room number), especially if it is a higher numbered room further down the wing. Finally, one more oddity in WL rooms is that the rooms on the top floor have enclosed "dormer" balconies while lower floors have open railing. This means that any room numbered 6120 or higher will have an enclosed balcony. We don't mind these rooms, and the balconies feel quite secure with kids, but they can't see through the railing and you can't see out as well when seated.
Overall there isn't a bad room at Copper Creek and you should have a great time. Congratulations and happy planning!

As mrsap mentions, go to Page 1 and you can click on some of the rooms and the views they have. If you scroll down a bit farther on that page, you will see the schematics for the room numbers on the various floors of Copper Creek. In short, I will tell you that unless you have a room on a high floor and with an odd number (which means it sits overlooking the main pool), you aren't likely to catch any fireworks views. On the even numbered side, your views will mostly be of the new Boulder Ridge pool (yep, you can use that pool, too) and possibly some of Bay Lake. Generally speaking, most on these forums recommend against requesting specific rooms since if that room isn't available, then they have no other criteria on which to gauge your room desires. On the other hand, we do suggest you request something to help out your odds (as no guarantees are ever made to fulfill your request).

Thus, if you want to see the main pool and courtyard area with the good potential to see the geyser, some of Bay Lake, and perhaps some of the fireworks, then you'd request "high floor, odd numbered room," for example. Honestly, there aren't any terrible rooms at the Lodge, and given you've never stayed there, you'll be in awe of everything else around you already: the lobby, the lush grounds, the majestic music, the serenity (relatively speaking). Congratulations on your buy-in to Copper Creek. Enjoy, and keep asking questions. Before you know it, you can be an expert! pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter