•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

Hi everyone!
I thought I would drop in and say hello. We’ve recently purchased an add on contract at CCV (already own at BRV and The Poly).
Wilderness Lodge is hands down our favourite resort and BRV was our first contract.
We stayed in a 1 bedroom at CCV not long after it opened and fell in love with the rooms there.
I’m looking forward to checking out this thread for the amazing hints and tips

:welcome:and Congrats! Isn’t the Lodge just beautiful?! We were showing family pictures of the lobby at Christmas yesterday, and they said they couldn’t believe how incredible it was. I’d like to add you to the Owners Lineup on Page 1! What’s your UY? Hope to see you around!

*WELCOME HOME!*

We mailed off the paperwork last Monday and it was received on Tuesday. Now I guess I wait until the deed is recorded? How long does this process usually take?

The deed is not recorded until after the 10 day waiting period where the buyer has the right to cancel without penalty. Then from the date of sale it is usually it is 2 to 3 weeks before the deed posts to the Orange County Comptroller website.

Hi All, random question. Is iced coffee or cold brew available anywhere at the resort?

When I did find it, it was really expensive. I would just fill my cup with ice then coffee, unfortunately that waters it down. I found my self going for the root-beer with a little milk or cream for that iced coffee craving.

Hi All, random question. Is iced coffee or cold brew available anywhere at the resort?
Not really unless you do as dbogen did. There is no coffee shop or coffee service at WL. They have had one on a couple of occasions in Territory Lounge, but there isn't a permanent spot. I'd love them to turn Reunion Station into a coffee bar. THAT might make money. . .

Not really unless you do as dbogen did. There is no coffee shop or coffee service at WL. They have had one on a couple of occasions in Territory Lounge, but there isn't a permanent spot. I'd love them to turn Reunion Station into a coffee bar. THAT might make money. . .

I thought that worked quite well at Territory lounge, for the morning at least, like they have done and continue to do at Bellevue lounge at BWV. Wish they’d bring that back. Poly was doing the same thing by their sushi bar location although not certain if they still are or not.

DH finally gave me the go ahead to add on to our DVC points but only if I bought CCV, don’t twist my arm . Our first home resort is BLT which I absolutely love but I also love CCV and the different experience we had when staying there last year. I did go with a different use year and I do understand the whole complexity of two different use years but feel with our vacation habits this works best for us. Took me no time to find a contract, I put in an offer on a 100pt CCV resale contract last night and the buyer accepted it this morning!!! Now on to the torture part of waiting. I can’t wait to call CCV our home.

Hello fellow CCV neighbors!

I am a bit late in finding this thread. We bought at CCV last April (2018) and just finished our first trip using our points (April 2019). Sadly, we had 4 stays at the Wilderness Lodge over 8 or so years before we finally admitted to ourselves we needed DVC last year. I always wanted it, but I never thought hubby would go for it. He finally caved and is now *almost* a convert. ;-) I love, love, love the Wilderness Lodge. Seriously, it feels like home when we are there. I still cry when I walk into the lobby every time. I love watching the water parade at night, the boat to MK, hubby and I having drinks at Geiser Point, the pools - it is our home. We are planning our next trip for December (2020) break (December 27-January 3 or 4).

I have been hearing horror stories about getting studios in December. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the points are high enough during break that the last week in December will be ok.

This may be old news but our DVC guy told me yesterday that points at Riveria and CCV were going up to $210 on June 10th.

I am a bit late in finding this thread. We bought at CCV last April (2018) and just finished our first trip using our points (April 2019). Sadly, we had 4 stays at the Wilderness Lodge over 8 or so years before we finally admitted to ourselves we needed DVC last year. I always wanted it, but I never thought hubby would go for it. He finally caved and is now *almost* a convert. ;-) I love, love, love the Wilderness Lodge. Seriously, it feels like home when we are there. I still cry when I walk into the lobby every time. I love watching the water parade at night, the boat to MK, hubby and I having drinks at Geiser Point, the pools - it is our home. We are planning our next trip for December (2020) break (December 27-January 3 or 4).

I have been hearing horror stories about getting studios in December. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the points are high enough during break that the last week in December will be ok.

I got a studio for this coming Christmas Dec 22-27 so it’s not impossible. You need to be ready to pull the trigger right at 8 am for your best shot.

CONGRATS!!

It has been a dream of mine to be down there for Christmas one year and just do the Christmas Party and resort hop to check out the decorations. Now that we will have points once our resale purchase goes thru I will definitely be putting this on the top of my list. I’ve never seen Wilderness Lodge at the holidays but I can only imagine how beautiful it is. Geyser Point is one of our new fav hangout spots. When we stayed at CCV last Spring we were immediately sold on the place. I hate to admit it but I didn’t think I’d really like the place, boy was I wrong.

I got a studio for this coming Christmas Dec 22-27 so it’s not impossible. You need to be ready to pull the trigger right at 8 am for your best shot.

That's great to know. This will be our first time booking online. The last trip, I booked over the phone so I could speak to a live person and ask questions. That's the only downside I have about CC - the uncertainty of getting a reservation at 11 months. It is worth it though!

I will add my info here if someone would like to add me to the group:
princesslover*April, 2018*December

I look forward to following this group!

It is true that coveted reservations are getting more difficult, as well as switching out at 7 months to some locations. Disney has sold a lot of points by using the Poly bungalows and now the Copper Creek cabins, only for the buyers to find out that the point cost for those is astronomical. So, the buyers then realize the best bang for their buck lies in studios. Still, if you're ready to book right at 11 months and can be a little flexible with days, it's still doable.

It is true that coveted reservations are getting more difficult, as well as switching out at 7 months to some locations. Disney has sold a lot of points by using the Poly bungalows and now the Copper Creek cabins, only for the buyers to find out that the point cost for those is astronomical. So, the buyers then realize the best bang for their buck lies in studios. Still, if you're ready to book right at 11 months and can be a little flexible with days, it's still doable.

I also have heard that the adventure and choice seasons are harder to get for the same reason - DVC owners wanting to get the best bang for their buck. Those without kids, or those with younger kids who can be pulled from school, will likely want the first two weeks. So I am hoping that will be in our favor at least a little. Fingers tightly crossed! We can be somewhat flexible, but my daughter, who will be in her Senior year of high school, is really not wanting to miss much school.

I also have heard that the adventure and choice seasons are harder to get for the same reason - DVC owners wanting to get the best bang for their buck. Those without kids, or those with younger kids who can be pulled from school, will likely want the first two weeks. So I am hoping that will be in our favor at least a little. Fingers tightly crossed! We can be somewhat flexible, but my daughter, who will be in her Senior year of high school, is really not wanting to miss much school.
Yes, those seasons have always been in high demand due to lower point costs. If you note the charts, most of November and December are covered by the Adventure and Choice seasons which means you can enjoy the holiday vibe at a lower point total. So, those have long been a difficult reservation (to include VWL) at 11 months unless you're on the phone or online right when they open up. I further believe that due to the ever tightening window of opportunity, more people are walking reservations which further complicates matters. Best of luck to you for next year's trip! We'll be attempting the same at VWL (our home) though we tend to go for 1BRs so the demand isn't as high.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter