• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

Proud new Copper Creek owners!!! Just purchased on vacation over fall break. It was our first stay at WL, but not our first visit there. We have had many meals at Whispering Canyon and just LOVE this resort. It just feels like...home.

Can't wait to book our first welcome home, but we are doing Alaska next year on the Wonder, so it will probably be next November/December.

I've been a member of Disboards for years, but I really would love for you guys to point me in the right direction. Where is the best place to learn everything I need to know about owning DVC?

And where can you find resort specific merchandise? I'm dying to get my hands on a shirt or something, but what was in the gift shop looked like slim pickens. Is did score a few Copper Creek trading pins on the cruise. YAY!!

Thanks in advance!!!
Karen

:welcome: And congrats on your purchase! This is a fun board and a great place to learn a bit more about CCV from a very supportive group. I have enjoyed reading all of the DIS DVC boards to get acquainted with DVC but you may already have done that. If not, I recommend the member services (https://www.disboards.com/forums/dvc-member-services.89/)
and Mousecelllaneous (https://www.disboards.com/forums/dvc-mousecellaneous.119/) boards in particular.

We were also a bit disappointed in the resort specific merchandise. No real suggestions there. Hoping they add more soon.

And where can you find resort specific merchandise? I'm dying to get my hands on a shirt or something, but what was in the gift shop looked like slim pickens. Is did score a few Copper Creek trading pins on the cruise. YAY!!

Someone else answered your DVC question, but I want to tell you to check out the Shop Parks app. You can search for resort items, and perhaps grab something when you see it in stock. Plus with DVC you'll get a merchandise discount!

Proud new Copper Creek owners!!! Just purchased on vacation over fall break. It was our first stay at WL, but not our first visit there. We have had many meals at Whispering Canyon and just LOVE this resort. It just feels like...home.

Can't wait to book our first welcome home, but we are doing Alaska next year on the Wonder, so it will probably be next November/December.

I've been a member of Disboards for years, but I really would love for you guys to point me in the right direction. Where is the best place to learn everything I need to know about owning DVC?

Thanks in advance!!!
Karen

:welcome:and Congrats to you!! You definitely started off at the right place! I’m sure the folks here can answer a lot of your resort/DVC questions, but you can also check out the ‘DVC Member Services’ forum where you can post any general questions you may have there, or browse the existing questions, as @shairpdrh already mentioned!
As far as merchandise, unfortunately there’s not a lot to go around yet. I think it might still be too new! I have also been checking the Disney Store and Shop Disney, but nothing yet.
I’d also be happy to add you to Page 1! I just need your purchase month and Use Year month!
Good luck to you, happy to have you as a neighbor!

*WELCOME HOME!*

The bugs were definitely not normal, we go to WDW 2X a year, over the last 20+ years, and have even stayed at WL 5-6X before, and never saw anything like it. Must have been the result of a freakish combination of weather events, I guess. No way it is like that normally, of course.

Just googled the "male mosquitoes" and I think the bugs were actually Midges. Because they were attracted to light, definitely, which male mosquitoes would not be. They are just a nuisance, do not bite.

:welcome:and Congrats to you!! You definitely started off at the right place! I’m sure the folks here can answer a lot of your resort/DVC questions, but you can also check out the ‘DVC Member Services’ forum where you can post any general questions you may have there, or browse the existing questions, as @shairpdrh already mentioned!
As far as merchandise, unfortunately there’s not a lot to go around yet. I think it might still be too new! I have also been checking the Disney Store and Shop Disney, but nothing yet.
I’d also be happy to add you to Page 1! I just need your purchase month and Use Year month!
Good luck to you, happy to have you as a neighbor!

*WELCOME HOME!*

Thank you guys so much for the welcome! I don't know if the words "Welcome Home" will ever get old.

I'd love to be added to page one. We are a June use year and purchased this month. :)

The bugs were definitely not normal, we go to WDW 2X a year, over the last 20+ years, and have even stayed at WL 5-6X before, and never saw anything like it. Must have been the result of a freakish combination of weather events, I guess. No way it is like that normally, of course.

Just googled the "male mosquitoes" and I think the bugs were actually Midges. Because they were attracted to light, definitely, which male mosquitoes would not be. They are just a nuisance, do not bite.

I have a feeling this was the same ones that were all over the place at Bay Lake Tower at the beginning of the month. I wonder if the hurricane and then all the extra rain afterward caused a population to boom. I have to remind myself that disney cannot totally control nature as much as they want to. The bugs are mostly harmless and will fly away once you start to brush them off. They just look unsightly but that's nature sometimes.

Sorry forgot to add for the Owners section on the front page our purchase month was Oct 2017 and Use Year is June.

Weird about the bugs. On Sunday morning, we didn't see anything there. I wonder if it is a breeding time issue similar to the "love bugs"

We are CCV owners as well!! Super excited! We bought in May 2017 and have a Dec UY. Our first stay there (at Wilderness Lodge in general!) will be over the New Years in a 1 bedroom. Hoping to catch some great fireworks!

We are CCV owners as well!! Super excited! We bought in May 2017 and have a Dec UY. Our first stay there (at Wilderness Lodge in general!) will be over the New Years in a 1 bedroom. Hoping to catch some great fireworks!

:welcome: And Congrats!! You’ll find lots of great information here from some very helpful people! Sounds like you picked a great time for your 1st trip! I hope you have a blast! Please be sure to let us know all about it when you come back! I already went ahead and added you to The Owners Lineup on Page 1!

*WELCOME HOME!*

Nice! Hope you enjoy your stay.

What a great time for a first visit. You get Christmas decorations at the lodge and the great fireworks at MK and EPCOT! We’ll be there too, well at BLT and BWV.

What a great time for a first visit. You get Christmas decorations at the lodge and the great fireworks at MK and EPCOT! We’ll be there too, well at BLT and BWV.
we should all get together!

we should all get together!

Kona Cafe for breakfast on the 31st?

OffToDWD, RRB and I have ADRs at Kona around 9 on the 31st. Can you get there for a meet? We can try to adjust the time.

Bobbi :)

Kona Cafe for breakfast on the 31st?

OffToDWD, RRB and I have ADRs at Kona around 9 on the 31st. Can you get there for a meet? We can try to adjust the time.

Bobbi :)
Bobbi - will we need to adjust the number of guests or just show up?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter