1,353 MILES! "Get Your Motor Runnin'" or "Leaving on a Jet Plane"?

Should Shocker attempt to devour the 48 ounce steak at Shula's?

• No, he might get sick and ruin the rest of the vacation for Wigd.

• Yes, he has the right to take this challenge.

Results are only viewable after voting.

wsushocker

DIS Veteran
All of a sudden, last night, I was making ADRs for a trip that suddenly materialized out of thin air! :confused3

Wigd had been obsessing over a spring break trip and kept asking if I thought we could go. I had been checking flights for months and nothing was coming up at a price I thought was acceptable. You see, living in the air capital of the world does not mean we have cheap, or even decent, airfare. In fact, if we can get round trip flights under $350, we consider ourselves blessed!

Nothing was coming up under $400 :sad1: and that was leaving at 5:00 in the afternoon, arriving at Orlando at midnight, and departing Orlando at 6:00 in the morning on our last day. Leaving Wichita sooner and departing Orlando later pumped the ticket price up to over $500! :scared1:

As we were sitting at a basketball game on Saturday morning, Wigd decided to call DVC to "just see" what was available. ;) I continued watching the game and knew that "just see" meant something would be booked. It was kind of like a parent saying "maybe" and the child knows it means "YES!" :rotfl2:

When she got back, I asked where we were staying and she gave me the options. She had booked SSR in a studio but said we had points and the availability for a 1BR at Boardwalk. (Why do two adults need a 1BR?) I now had 10 seconds to decide if "we" wanted the 1BR. Why did she even ask? :confused: Why not simply book that one in the first place? :confused: Out she ran to make a return call to DVC to snatch up the 1BR.

As luck would have it :rolleyes1, the 1BR was still available. We just returned from the World 12 days ago, and we would be going again at the end of May for a two week park/cruise/park stay. Now we were going back in 63 days! :scared1:

The question of the moment is, how are we getting there and back? I have always wanted to drive but looking at the miles and time does not make me :). So many variables.....When do we leave? Do we try to drive straight through? If we choose to spend the night on the road, where do we stop? How many routes should we consider in case of those infamous spring snowstorms? Do we stay on 4 lane highways or venture off to some 2 lane byways? How many books on tape will I need to check out? But most importantly, will we be speaking pleasantly :love:, or at all :mad:, to each other by the time we get to the Boardwalk? :confused3

Woo hoo!!!! :woohoo: This is going to be GOOD!!!!!
Love the title and can't wait to see how you decide to get there.
And ADR's already made??!! :worship:

Tracy

I heard you had started your pre-trip report and thought I'd pop by.

It was kind of like a parent saying "maybe" and the child knows it means "YES!" :rotfl2:

This is too cute! My dh does the same thing to me regarding disney.

We live about 18 hours away and we have talked about whether we should drive or fly the next time we go. I am interested to hear how things pan out.

I didn't get in on the TR until page 49... but I'm getting in early over here. Hopefully, I'll continue to find time to check in on both! :rolleyes1

I made it on the first page this time! Thanks for the heads up!!! :goodvibes

So excited you are getting your spring break trip!!! :banana:

Since Shocker is writing this one, does it mean we get lots of hysterically funny pictures???

I have a feeling this is going to be a fun PTR :thumbsup2

We have the same issue with airfare here. If I can find a flight below $300 I feel like I've done something! Dallas is just a little over 2 1/2 hrs from us though so we sometimes drive down and fly out of DFW where airfares tend to be quite a bit cheaper at times.

Oh, and I did the math for you -- if you are driving approx. 60 miles an hour and each audio book is approx. eight hours long, you will need six audio books for the round trip. ;)

HOLY MOLY I made it to page 1!! WOOT love the Title Shocker!! I'm looking foward to much mischief and mayhem and funny pictures that make milk come out of my nose WOOT!!!!

Can't wait to hear all your little details!

I can't wait to hear how this all pans out...
I know between the two of you there will be an adventure.
I am happy that you guys got BW.
Keep us posted on the Adventures of wigd and shocker Spring Break or BUST!
:goodvibes

Oh Gee, it's me! :lovestruc
oh yeah, YOU I remember! :cool1:

Woo hoo!!!! :woohoo: This is going to be GOOD!!!!!
Love the title and can't wait to see how you decide to get there.
And ADR's already made??!! :worship:
Tracy
I'm pretty excited about the ADRs...:thumbsup2

We live about 18 hours away and we have talked about whether we should drive or fly the next time we go. I am interested to hear how things pan out.
Stephanie
We had discussed driving in July but there will be no real time restraints on that trip.

I didn't get in on the TR until page 49... but I'm getting in early over here. Hopefully, I'll continue to find time to check in on both! :rolleyes1
Thanks for joining in!

Since Shocker is writing this one, does it mean we get lots of hysterically funny pictures???
I will do my best!

We have the same issue with airfare here. If I can find a flight below $300 I feel like I've done something! Dallas is just a little over 2 1/2 hrs from us though so we sometimes drive down and fly out of DFW where airfares tend to be quite a bit cheaper at times.
I checked flying out of Dallas, OKC, KC, and even StL...:confused3

Oh, and I did the math for you -- if you are driving approx. 60 miles an hour and each audio book is approx. eight hours long, you will need six audio books for the round trip. ;)
Or maybe War and Peace?

I checked flying out of Dallas, OKC, KC, and even StL...:confused3

Hmmmm, I bet they are high because it's spring break and a busy travel time. Keeping my fingers crossed that cheaper airfares come out for you!! That's a really long drive.......

HOLY MOLY I made it to page 1!! WOOT love the Title Shocker!! I'm looking foward to much mischief and mayhem and funny pictures that make milk come out of my nose WOOT!!!!

Can't wait to hear all your little details!

laughter.jpg

I can't wait to hear how this all pans out...
I know between the two of you there will be an adventure.
I am happy that you guys got BW.
Keep us posted on the Adventures of wigd and shocker Spring Break or BUST!
:goodvibes

I think a car video recorder is a must!

gadget_hot_news_car_video_recorder.jpg

I'm in for this ride!

I love that Jackie already figured out how many audio books you need!

Those airfares are ridiculous. How long is the flight? And, more importantly, how long is the drive? I could NEVER drive from NYC. I'd be a lunatic by the time we arrived. Is there a way you can drive to another city for a cheaper flight?

I've been checking March flights faithfully, as well. They went from $94 and $105 to over $200 this week. We used to drive all the time, but boy, have we gotten spoiled to flying now! We're there in under two hours and ready to party!

If you come anywhere near Nashville, let us know!

I'm glad Wigd gets her spring trip. It's such a nice treat at the end of a dreary winter. It will make you feel so alive and happy. I love going in the spring! If I had a dime to my name, I'd eek out at least one or two (or three :)) nights myself. But alas, I do not have a dime, and I don't anticipate being where I need to be financially until probably the day before we leave - June 30 - for the summer trip.

I vote for a live cam that goes everywhere with you...yeah, that would be very nice! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter