1 day at Shanghai, or add half day?

anonymousegirl

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone,
We are ending at ABD China October trip with a few extra days in Shanghai, flying from Hong Kong arriving at noon October 20, if all goes well. I was planning on doing SDL on Friday, and going out to the water villages on Saturday.
My question is if we should buy 2 day tickets and try to go out to SDL on Thursday afternoon.

My second question is should we stay at the SDL hotel for 2 nights and then transfer to a downtown hotel on Saturday. It would be a hassle to move and it will cost more (I have two free nights at the Grand Hyatt), but it would be so easy for the park access.

What say you?

Yes, I would add the extra half day. That way, you can watch Ignite the Dream the first night, and use that time the second night to get in some extra attractions with shorter wait times.

I would also stay onsite if you can afford it. The train schedule means that you would have to rush to leave the park if you were to make the last trains back to the city. Staying onsite, you can really enjoy the beautiful time after Ignite the Dream when everyone leaves the park and you can enjoy it without the crowds, with many attractions becoming walk ons during this time.

I'd suggest that it would be less of a hassle to move once than to commute back and forth between the city and SDL 4 times.

I just did Tokyo in May and it was fantastic! Would have liked to stay longer than 2.5 days but I keep trying to add Disney parks to longer vacations and never seem to have enough vacation days.

We do that too! I only managed 3 days at Grand Opening because I made it a Disney only solo trip lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter