1 Week to go... Quick Pre-tripping report

jrpopfan

Mouseketeer
I having been on the boards in a long while... but since my other half is doing a dining trip review, I figured I should do one of my own, which I will do here instead of my personal blog for now. Probably because people where will appreciate it more than my twitter friends. :rotfl2:

So... We leave in 1 week for Walt Disney World. We usually go once or twice a year, but this year we were going to pass on a trip. I had been wanting to see other places, so we were going to road trip from Houston up the PA, over to Wisconsin, back down to Houston... all in 10 days. We had it planned and mapped and we were ready to go.
THEN... she comes to me at the beginning of the month as says that she doesn't want to go on the road trip and that she would rather go to Disney World. We haven't had a vacation alone since Jan 09. We had friends, then sister, then nephew, then dad... now coming up next year Mom. She really wanted to go without anyone except her and I. Well... I am cool with that so, I agreed to cancel the road trip and go to WDW.

We just go the $ to pay for the hotel literally on Monday and the girlfriend made reservations at Port Orleans Riverside, which we have been to before but never stayed. So, this is a first for us. Since we have another trip coming up in less than a year, we purchased annual passes which will make next years trip a little less money. We go the AP discount for the hotel which helped too.

Here is the cast:

6201547253_e8dd22c73e.jpg

ME-Jenny, 40

6201768647_aaca93a6c7.jpg

GIRLFRIEND-Elisabeth, 42

We both love Disney and go basically to walk around, relax, take lots of photos, and EAT! This is the first time that we will be eating our way around Disney World trying to eat paleo, which is basically: Fruits/Veggies/Meat. No carbs, no sugars, etc... We normally eat paleo at home, so we are giving it a go. We only made a few meal reservations while we are going to be there. Basically we are winging it and will find places to eat that day based on what we decide to do.

Trip dates are from Sept 1-10... the only things that are a MUST are Haunted Mansion and Tower of Terror. That's pretty easy requests, right? :thumbsup2

We are driving from Houston to Orlando, leaving Friday the 31st after work. I am pretty excited about it, *** finally, I get some quiet vacation time with the girl.

Here is a link to the girls Dining Trip Review: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2977493

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter