10/1/21 (Planning thread for those w/ Magic Kingdom ressies on the BIG 50th)!

I booked Oct 1st last year and had plans to be there before the gates open until closure, the shoulder to shoulder crowd doesn’t bother me (I love the NYE there)… but now my family is coming along (incl. my 6yr old niece) and dont think they will like to be in a place just saving a good spot for fireworks..

we have a BLT reservation so hopefully the observation deck will be open..

but I have to make a decision… be in the middle of everything in the park and enjoy the ambiance… or be at the hotel with family..

decisions decisions…

any thoughts? :)

I just snagged the MK for October 1st! I'm not 100% sure I'm going, but I have the reservation in case I do.

I was also able to grab Epcot on 10/2 even though it showed unavailable on the Theme Park Availability page. I canceled by 10/2 MK (since I now had 10/1) and went ahead and tried to book Epcot anyway and it worked.

We actually decided to switch our weekend reservation to the Dolphin. CR CL rack rate is just obscene, it wouldn’t have been so bad if we were just going for the weekend like we originally planned but I just can’t justify doing that and Poly rack rate, especially since the whole reason we booked it was for 10/1. With over $2k in savings we have no problem figuring out our 10/1 logistics lol. Plus we’ll be in a better position to enjoy the new offerings at Epcot the other days before moving over to the Poly.

My dining reservations window opened this morning and basically everything at MK was already booked for the 1st. I managed to get a 4:55 PM dinner at Skippers Canteen and have Mouse Watcher alerts set up for Liberty Tree Tavern and The Plaza (which is the one I really want).

My dining reservations window opened this morning and basically everything at MK was already booked for the 1st. I managed to get a 4:55 PM dinner at Skippers Canteen and have Mouse Watcher alerts set up for Liberty Tree Tavern and The Plaza (which is the one I really want).

I learned that if you switch between times repeatedly a lot show up and don't use the "DINNER" option. My first glance I was so sad everything was already gone, but quickly learned they were all there, just hiding.

Just found this thread and thought I would say hi! My crew will be staying at Poly and heading over for the celebration. I turn 50 the week before so big celebration for me too. I booked dinner at Crystal Palace since it was an original. Haven't figured out our plan of attack yet.

Yesterday was my dining reservation day. I was able to book Be Our Guest for a late lunch. I wanted the castle, but there were no reservations there. I have set a dining alert for lunch or dinner there, so we will see if I can get anything there.

Yesterday was my dining reservation day. I was able to book Be Our Guest for a late lunch. I wanted the castle, but there were no reservations there. I have set a dining alert for lunch or dinner there, so we will see if I can get anything there.
I was just able to snag a late lunch at Crystal Palace. I'm just going to keep booking what pops up and decide what to go with later!

What is a MouseWatchers alert?

Thanks for starting this thread. Looking forward to being there on 10/1, and figuring out the logistics on when to arrive. I know it will be crowded, so seeing or hearing the ceremony would be nice, and getting a chance to ride some of the attractions that are also celebrating 50 years would be a plus.

What is a MouseWatchers alert?
https://****************/

It's a paid service that scrapes the Disney Dining website for openings and texts you when it finds them. I'm paying $19 a month for 5 active alerts at a time and so far it's been great. I have a split stay and had wasn't able to Oga's and Sanaa for the first half of my stay at all and La Hacienda del San Angel on a specific night. I set up alerts for those three and had them all within a few days.

There's also Mouse Dining but I haven't used that personally.

Today was my ADR day. I will be going solo and was looking book late lunches (2-3 pm) on the first and second. I was able to get Skipper Canteen on the first and Via Napoli on the second. I just wanted to be sure I was able to eat something those two days, since I would expect QS to be very busy.

I learned that if you switch between times repeatedly a lot show up and don't use the "DINNER" option. My first glance I was so sad everything was already gone, but quickly learned they were all there, just hiding.
I noticed that too. "Dinner" would show no availability. If I searched for "7:00pm" would show a reservation at 6:30, but "6:00pm" would not show it! Very frustrating! I'm not a huge fan of any of the MK TS restaurants but as a former WDW New Year's Eve pro, I know that I need somewhere to rest and get away from the crowds, so I booked Skippers Canteen at 6:20 for 10/1 a couple of days ago.

Today was my ADR day. I will be going solo and was looking book late lunches (2-3 pm) on the first and second. I was able to get Skipper Canteen on the first and Via Napoli on the second. I just wanted to be sure I was able to eat something those two days, since I would expect QS to be very busy.
Yeah; you guys are making me very nervous. My window doesn't open until Sunday :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter