10/1/21 (Planning thread for those w/ Magic Kingdom ressies on the BIG 50th)!

I’ll be there! Because this is an extremely short trip for me (3 park days!) I am considering hopping over to AK to escape the crowds for a little in the afternoon and hopefully catch Kite Tails before being back by 5pm. Am I nuts to do that?

Staying at AKV-Kidani and will have a rental car. Would you drive to MK or bus 10/1? Either way, what's the opinions on how early to be at bus stop or TTC?
I was just at AKL and the buses ran often in the morning. I would do that because you get in at MK 8:30 vs 9a for resort guests.. Be at stop 7:45-8a or earlier if desired.

I was just at AKL and the buses ran often in the morning. I would do that because you get in at MK 8:30 vs 9a for resort guests.. Be at stop 7:45-8a or earlier if desired.

Do you think that's early enough on 10/1? I have no idea how cars entering at TTC will work with the 30 min early entry. They have to open early for the neighborhood hotels??? My husband wants to drive but I want to bus. I prefer to drive everywhere but MK!

Do you think that's early enough on 10/1? I have no idea how cars entering at TTC will work with the 30 min early entry. They have to open early for the neighborhood hotels??? My husband wants to drive but I want to bus. I prefer to drive everywhere but MK!
Buses drop by gate/quiet. Driving on 10/1? TTC will be a mess IMO,

Not the exact same but I’ve been there for 7/4 and 12/31 a few times . Disney will make sure their transportation gets there. They will not put cars as a priority.

No one knows for sure however.

Tough choices !

Staying at AKV-Kidani and will have a rental car. Would you drive to MK or bus 10/1? Either way, what's the opinions on how early to be at bus stop or TTC?
I won't drive on 10/1. I can imagine how terrible the traffic is going to be, so I'd take the bus over anything else. Plus that way you actually get dropped off in front of the MK instead of at the TTC where you have to get on another mode of transportation. I was thinking of hopefully being by the bus stop by 6:30, and that might be pushing it.

For the third day in a row, MK has shown as full on the calendar but is available to book if you try. Wonder what that is about?

I won't drive on 10/1. I can imagine how terrible the traffic is going to be, so I'd take the bus over anything else. Plus that way you actually get dropped off in front of the MK instead of at the TTC where you have to get on another mode of transportation. I was thinking of hopefully being by the bus stop by 6:30, and that might be pushing it.

We are now staying at AKL without a car and will be looking to take the bus. The only thing I don't like about the deluxe resorts is there is no queue for the bus and I'm always worried someone will jump ahead of us even if we arrive super early!

Thanks everyone. I will push for the bus, I hate having to take another mode of transport from the TTC. I'm with poster above, I get stressed out over line cutters. We rode from Yacht Club in May and they did a great job of having lines formed as soon as you got to the depot.

Anyone have an opinion on what time we should be at the boat at Wilderness Lodge on the 1st?

Hi All, see you there!

Flying in for 3 nights from Pittsburgh. Unfortunately, the family won't be able to make it, so it's just me.

Sure I feel guilty, but I can't miss this. Super excited.

We are now staying at AKL without a car and will be looking to take the bus. The only thing I don't like about the deluxe resorts is there is no queue for the bus and I'm always worried someone will jump ahead of us even if we arrive super early!

I will be at AKV-Kidani too. We will have a scooter (or maybe use our wheelchair on 10/1) so we will wait by the handicap marker. But when I am alone or not with a scooter user, I just go wait by where the bus door should be when it stops. Especially if I am the first one waiting. I never sit down as I want to make sure I am the front. Others often follow suit and make a line behind when I do that.

I was there on the 25th...thunderstorms and down pours. Unable to go on Main Street until afternoon because of Good Morning America was live and Hillary Clinton flew in by helicopter. Made a promise to be there 25 years later now I am a DVC member and doing a split stay Boardwalk and Bay Lake....at least I can walk to Magic Kingdom and don't have to deal with buses. I don't expect the general public will have access to the special activities.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter