10 Days of Disney Dining w/Pictures - The Good & The Bad

Terk-1

Dreaming of Disney Cruising!
Day 1 (Arrival Day) -- Lunch @ Sunshine Season Food Fair & had the Kids Chicken Drum Stick meal. It was ok. Could use a bit more chicken on the stick. Total cost = $4.25. Rating: C+

SunshineKidsChickenMeal.jpg

Afternoon Snack -- Beignets at Sassagoula Floatworks. YUMMMMMY!!!!! These became a must for me several times during my trip. Whoops. Ate one before I remembered to take a picture! Total cost = $4.25. Rating: A

POFQBeignets.jpg

Late Dinner -- Chicken Tender Basket at Sassagoula. Both the chicken & fries were freshly cooked while I waited, so they were hot and tasty. Total cost = $7.13. Rating: B

POFQChickenStrips.jpg

YUMMM! I just stumbled across this and am excited to see more! What exactly is a beignet? I've never heard of it but it sounds good!

Looks yummy! We are staying at POR in March and have read so much about the beignets, that I'll definately take a walk over to FQ to try one. Looking forward to further reviews! popcorn::

serendipity said:
YUMMM! I just stumbled across this and am excited to see more! What exactly is a beignet? I've never heard of it but it sounds good!

Pronunciation ben-YAY. Beignets are common in New Orleans. Think square (cake) donut covered in powder sugar. Incredibly delicious and addictive, especially when served warm. A couple of rules when eating a beignet:

1. Never eat one while wearing dark colored clothes, the powder sugar will show up all over them.
2. Never breathe in while the beignet is close to your mouth, the powder sugar will be inhaled into your airways causing you to cough and gasp for air, also causing powder sugar to fly everywhere, big problem if you’ve disobeyed rule No. 1.

Breakfast: 6 Beignets. Yes, very addictive. YUM!!! Total cost: $4.25 Rating: A

POFQBeignets.jpg

Lunch: Sci-Fi Theater. Thought I would give this one more try. Had the burger & fries with a chocolate shake. The shake was thick and very good. The fries were ok, but a bit undercooked. The burger was GREASY!! Too greasy for my taste. Ended up leaving 1/2 of it, as it became too much. Don't think I'll be going back any time soon. This was the 3rd time I've dined here where the burgers were just too greasy. They should think of flame broiling them instead. Total cost: $17.34. Rating: Shake - B, Fries - C+, Burger - D-.

Sci-FiShake.jpg

Sci-FiBurger.jpg

Late Dinner: Casey's. Got the 1/4 pound hot dog with fries. Great. Hot and tasty. Had already finished the hot dog before I remembered to take a picture. Sorry. Total cost: $6.47. Rating: A

Great pictures so far, looking forward to the next installment. :sunny:

Terk-1 said:
Day 1 (Arrival Day) -- Lunch @ Sunshine Season Food Fair & had the Kids Chicken Drum Stick meal. It was ok. Could use a bit more chicken on the stick. Total cost = $4.25. Rating: C+

SunshineKidsChickenMeal.jpg

That chicken looks horrible. It looks undercooked :confused3

Breakfast: Nutragrain bar

Lunch: Beaches & Cream. Tried the No Way Jose sundae with Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream. YUMMY. This is a small restaurant, so seating is a little tight. I sat at the counter, which worked out fine for me. Total cost: $8.51. Rating: A

BCNoWayJose.jpg

Dinner: Plaza Restaurant. Checked in about 20 minutes prior to ADR and was seated within 5 minutes. Had the Adult grilled cheese sandwich & fries and a lemonade. The adult one has 3 pieces of bread with cheese in between each layer. It was really good. Total cost: $8.51. Rating: A

PlazaAdultGrilledCheese.jpg

This is a picture of the hot fudge sundae one of the people the next table over had.

PlazaSundae.jpg

Late Snack: Sleepy Hollow. Had their delicious homemade ice cream cookie sandwich. YUMM YUMM!!!! Had finished it before I remembered to take a picture. Total cost: $3.72. Rating: A

Ongoing Snack: Grabbed one of the giant Mickey rice crispie treats, as I left the park. Took me days to finish it, but it was oh so good. Total cost: $8.99. Rating: A

GiantMickeyRiceKrispie.jpg

Thanks for the reviews and pics. Have to say that the chicken leg looks gross and very undercooked. I bet you could get sick from that. It makes me all the more glad that I'm veggie!!

Gotta love vacation! The only time you can get away with calling ice cream a meal!

Terk-1 said:
Lunch: Beaches & Cream. Tried the No Way Jose sundae with Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream. YUMMY. This is a small restaurant, so seating is a little tight. I sat at the counter, which worked out fine for me. Total cost: $8.51. Rating: A

waiting for more pics. Everything looks great except that drumstick. Did they cook it?

Breakfast: Nutragrain bar

Lunch: Tusker House. This is my favorite place to dine at Animal Kingdom. The food is always great here. It's like getting a table service meal, but for a counter service price. Used one of my MYW CS credits here. Had the Rotisserie Chicken with mashed potatoes & green beans, as well as the Chocolate Cake (which was fresh and moist) & a Large Lemonade. The food was all great!! Total cost: $0.00 (if paid OOP, it would have been $14.88). Rating: A+

TuskerHouseChicken.jpg

TuskerHouseChocCake.jpg

Dinner: 50's Primetime Cafe. This is another must dine for me on every trip. Had "brother" George and he was great. Had the fried chicken with potatoes & green beans, with a chocolate shake. The shake was thick and great & the meal was hot and tasty. Total cost: $21.28 Rating: A

50sChocShake.jpg

50sFriedChicken.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter