10 Days of Disney Dining w/Pictures - The Good & The Bad

that is a big plate at Tusker house, I can share that with my daughter, no problem.... great pics... keep them coming...thank's

So sorry for the delay in posting. Been a bit hectic at work & home lately.

Breakfast @ Sassagoula Floatworks: Had another order of Beignets. YUM!!! Total Cost: $2.12. Rating: A

POFQBeignets.jpg

Snack @ Boulangerie Bakery in France: Was not overly hungry and knew I had an early ADR at Le Cellier. Had a chocolate eclair & chocolate mousse. The mousse was great, but the eclair was a little soggy. Total cost: $7.57. Rating: Mousse = B+, Eclair = C+

BoulangerieEclair.jpg

BoulangerieChocolateMoose.jpg

Dinner @ Le Cellier (1 TS credit on DDP): Had a 4pm ADR here for the Candlelight Processional dinner package. Was seated within 10 minutes of check-in. The waiter (John G.) was nice enough, but seemed a little stressed. Did not explain the breadsticks (each comes from a different area of Canada) and was a little hard to find at times. I did enjoy the earlier seating, as it was not crowded at all, so it was pretty quiet. Started out with the Chocolate-Raspberry shake, which was very good and breadsticks.

LeCellierChocRaspShake.jpg

LeCellierBread.jpg

Next was the Asian Shrimp Cocktail. Very good. Was concerned that it would be too spicy, so asked for a side of regular cocktail sauce. It was pretty spicy, but the regular sauce took away alot of that.

LeCellierAsianShrimpCocktail.jpg

Then it was on to dinner. NY Strip steak with roasted potatoes. Cooked exactly the way I wanted it (medium). Excellent.

LeCellierNYStrip.jpg

Finally, dessert. Tried the Chocolate Whiskey Cake. WOW!!! It was great!

LeCellierChocWhiskeyCake.jpg

Total cost: $0.00 (if I paid out of pocket = $57.26). Rating: A

Breakfast @ the Crystal Palace: Never had breakfast here before, but have had lunch & dinner and have always been pleased. It was different seeing the Magic Kingdom almost empty. Food was very good, although the service (waitress) was not that great. Waited 15 minutes before she came to the table for a drink order, then did not see her again until it was time for me to leave. I then had to have another server go find her, so that I could get my check. The french toast puffs that are in the kids area were wonderful!! Total cost: $20.23. Rating: Food = A, Service = D (this was a first for me, as I usually have great service there).

CrystalPalaceMuffins.jpg

CrystalPalaceFruit.jpg

CrystalPalaceBreakfastPizzaFrenchTo.jpg

CrystalPalaceBreakfastLasagna.jpg

CrystalPalaceBreakfast5.jpg

CrystalPalaceBreakfast4.jpg

CrystalPalaceBreakfast3.jpg

CrystalPalaceBreakfast2.jpg

CrystalPalaceBreakfast.jpg

Lunch @ Tusker House: My sister & I grabbed a late lunch at Tusker House. Food was excellent as usual. We both had the chicken, large lemonade & diet coke and then had the chocolate cake & carrot cake for dessert (forgot to take a picture of the carrot cake). Total cost: $0.00 (used 2 counter service credits). Rating: A

TuskerHouseChicken.jpg

TuskerHouseChocCake.jpg

Dinner @ the Rose & Crown: We were seated inside the restaurant, but was told there was special seating outside for us to view Illuminations. Be advised that this "special area" is a small, narrow patio (no chairs) that everyone inside the restaurant was crammed in to.

For appetizers, I had the shrimp cocktail and my sister had the lamb barley soup.

RCSoup.jpg

RCShrimpCocktail.jpg

For dinner, we both had the Surf & Turf (steak & fried fish). Both were very good.

RCSteakFish.jpg

For dessert, my sister had the Guiness Torte & I had the Apple Crumble. YUMMM!!!!

RCChocolateCake.jpg

RCAppleCobbler.jpg

Service (Sarah M.) was great, as was the food. The only disappointment was the viewing of Illuminations. Hopefully we the refurbishment that is happening next year, they will increase the number of outside tables. Total cost: $0.00 (used 2 table service credits). Rating: B+

Lunch @ Columbia Harbour House: We both had the chicken & fish combo and had the apple crisp and chocolate cake for dessert. The chicken & fish were hot and good. The dessert left alot to be desired. Mini, pre-packaged (by a company outside of Disney) desserts. The crumble was soggy and the cake was dry. Pretty disappointed with the desserts. Total cost: 2 counter service credits used ($27.21 if paid OOP). Rating: Chicken & Fish = B, Dessert = D.

ColumbiaChickenFish.jpg

Dinner @ 50's Primetime: Food & service was great, as always.

Drinks: We both had a chocolate shake as our drink.

50sChocShake.jpg

Appetizers: I had the shrimp cocktail & my sister had the fried herb cheese plate.

50sShrimpCocktail.jpg

50sFruitCheesePlate.jpg

Meal: I had the fried chicken dinner, while my sister had the glazed salmon. We were both pleased with the food.

50sFriedChicken.jpg

50sGrilledSalmon.jpg

Dessert: I had the apple cobbler ala mode and my sister had the brownie sundae.

50sBrownieSundae.jpg

50sAppleCobbler.jpg

Total cost: 2 table service credits used ($85.56 if paid OOP). Rating: A.

Your '50s Prime Time meals look yummy! I'll be going there in February, and I'm sure I'll be having the chocolate shake and fried chicken too. Looking forward to more!

Morning Snack @ Sunshine Season: My sister & I each got a slice of cake (Asian Chocolate Cake & Chocolate Mousse Cake). These were heavenly!!! I did forget to take a picture though, sorry. Total cost: $0.00 - 2 snack credits used. Rating: A

Lunch @ Tangerine Cafe & Boulangerie: My sister wanted to eat at Morrocco, but since I did not care for anything there, I went and grabbed something at Boulangerie in France. My sister had the Chicken & Lamb combo with baklava and a soda. Total cost: $0.00 ($18.54 if paid OOP) - 1 counter service credit used. Rating: B+

MoroccoLamb.jpg

I got the french bread pizza with a chocolate mousse and a lemonade. Total cost: $0.00 - 1 counter service credit used. Rating: B

FrancePizzaMoose.jpg

Snacks: We got an almond pretzel at Kringola and a Kaki Gori Rainbow ice in Japan. Both were good. Total cost: $0.00 - 2 snack credits used. Rating: B

Dinner at Spoodles: We were very pleased with both the food and the service here on this trip. One of the downsides though is that it can get pretty loud in there.

Appetizers: I had the Garlic Shrimp, while my sister had the Greek salad. Both were great and the shrimp were extra jumbo in size.

SpoodlesGarlicShrimp.jpg

SpoodlesGreekSalad.jpg

Dinner: We both had the New York Strip Steak. I had mine with regular fries and my sister had the sweet potato fries. The steak was excellent and cooked perfectly.

SpoodlesSteak.jpg

Dessert: I had the Chocolate Pistaccio Appricot cake with raspberry gelato, while my sister had the Creme Bruele. EXCELLENT!!!!

SpoodlesCremeBrulee.jpg

SpoodlesChoc.jpg

The food and the service was great here. We found this to be one of the best uses of Disney MYW Dining Credits. Total cost: $0.00 ($115.44 if paid OOP) - 2 table service credits used.

I keep reading such great things about Spoodles. I've got to try it sometime soon. Looking forward to more!

Morning Snack @ Starring Rolls: My sister & I split a big cinnamon roll. Very good. Limited seating here, but it's quiet with everyone running to ToT. Total cost: $0.00 - 1 snack credits used. Rating: A

StarringRollsCin.jpg

Dinner @ Crystal Palace: This is a must-dine for me on every trip and this time it did not disappoint. Server was excellent, as was the food. Total cost: $0.00 - 2 table service credits used. Rating: A

CrystalPalaceDinner8.jpg

CrystalPalaceDinner7.jpg

CrystalPalaceDinner6.jpg

CrystalPalaceDinner5.jpg

CrystalPalaceDinner4.jpg

CrystalPalaceDinner3.jpg

CrystalPalaceDinner2.jpg

CrystalPalaceDinner.jpg

Wonderful report! I'm so hungry from just looking at those pictures! I had better run and grab lunch soon! :)

Thanks for the reviews great pics,carnt wait to go and try some of that food,looks great,weve only had breakfast at CP before so this time Ive made an ADR for lunch..looking forward to it :goodvibes

Wonderful pictures. Great report! Now I am REALLY hungry! :thumbsup2

waiting for more pics. Everything looks great except that drumstick. Did they cook it?

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Thanks so much for the reviews. One question, what are the beignets? This may have already been answered, didn't check.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter