10 Mths of WDW Planning leads us to~~DISNEYLAND!! Report Completed~Pic Heavy!!!

I wanted to apologize for my absence.....my mom ended up in the hospital and it took us all off guard. She's got an infection in her intestines and also had a bad reaction to a medicine she was given. She's much better, but still has a few days in the hospital I'm guessing. I've been driving up to see her (she's about an hour away)......so I've been offline quite a bit.

Sorry to hear your mom got so sick and hope she is back to her old self soon!

Sorry to hear your mom got so sick and hope she is back to her old self soon!

Thank You so much!!! After losing my stepmom, dad & stepdad last year.....I'm not quite ready to say goodbye yet!! She's doing much better and is on the mend!!!

We are on to Saturday, December 15th. This is a DTD day, packing day & saying goodbye to Derek. We were up early, as Derek's flight was first thing in the morning. Mike took some pictures of the sun coming up over the resort/parks.

046.jpg

048.jpg

049.jpg

050.jpg

054.jpg

Ally picked Derek up and took him to the airport. Probably best, as I didn't want to make a scene......lol At least I knew he'd be coming home in a few weeks!!

We picked up breakfast from the concierge lounge and then headed into DTD. This is a picture of the ice rink that was set up for the holiday season.

061.jpg

We headed down to Build-a-Bear. The 3 girls and me, picked out our animal. Addy got the "Shake it Up Rabbit", Shy got Rudolph, Michayla got a rainbow bear and I got the Grinch!!

062.jpg

065.jpg

066.jpg

The twins seemed interested in what they were doing!

067.jpg

069.jpg

070.jpg

071.jpg

072.jpg

074.jpg

076.jpg

079.jpg

081.jpg

082.jpg

086.jpg

085.jpg

We then picked out outfits: Addy got a sparkly white sweater, skirt & boots, Shy picked out a "Doggy/Pluto" shirt & hat, Michayla got the Minnie Mouse outfit & ears and I got Grinch Christmas PJ's.

Anthony got to do Ride Makerz, where he gets to build a remote control car. So Mike & Anthony went off to do that.

089.jpg

090.jpg

091.jpg

093.jpg

094.jpg

096.jpg

099.jpg

102.jpg

103.jpg

The rest of us had gone down to the Lego store so Ty could pick out his Christmas Gift.

104.jpg

105.jpg

106.jpg

108.jpg

109.jpg

This is what Ty picked out.....the Bi-Plane. They were out of stock and so they had to order it. It did show up before Christmas!!

107.jpg

We took the kids out front so they could build & play with the Legos.

110a.jpg

110c.jpg

110d.jpg

Ty took the 4 kids and our purchases back to the hotel, as Mike & I made our way down DTD to finish our shopping at World of Disney. On our way, we stopped to take a picture of the Jazz Kitchen Menu and the area we were seated the night before.

111.jpg

112.jpg

113.jpg

We made our way to World of Disney!

114.jpg

115.jpg

We took this picture for Nick & Marie.....they love Nightmare Before Christmas!!

117.jpg

Kinda glad we aren't going to the parks today!!

116.jpg

While we were checking out of the World of Color store, I get a text from Kris/6Smiles letting me know that she's at the PPH Lobby waiting for me. So he hightailed out of DTD and back over to the hotel. I was getting another Dis meet up and Kris was bringing me some clothes her kids had outgrown. When we got there, they had this HUGE duffel full of clothes!!! I was shocked at how much she had brought to give us!!! We are so thankful for those clothes Kris!!!!! (I hope you check in on the Dis soon.......I haven't heard from you since New Years.....hoping everything is ok!!)

119.jpg

120.jpg

After saying our goodbyes, we took our WoD purchases and the big duffel bag up to the rooms. (at this point, I'm thinking my tetrus skills are really going to be put to the test the next morning when it's time to pack & go.....lol)

We headed to DTD and to the Earl of Sandwich to get lunch. The seating area was full, so we picked up our food and took it back to our rooms to eat. OH MY GOODNESS......it's SOOOOOOOOOO Good!!!!!

121.jpg

These are actually off the ESPNZone as we were waiting in line (a pretty lengthy line).

122.jpg

123.jpg

124.jpg

Shy got some lunch meat and fruit.

125.jpg

Addy got the kids grilled cheese.

127.jpg

Anthony got the kids pizza sandwich.

128.jpg

Ty got the Hawaiian BBQ.

126.jpg

Mike got the Full Montagu.

129.jpg

I got the Caprese.......it was delicious!!!! Just look at all that mozzerella!! Yummy!!!

130.jpg

We got some chips and the peppermint brownies.

131.jpg

The Earl of Sandwich is the best Disney Meal Deal out there......it's affordable and very tasty. We noticed a decline in the quality and the price increases......so if you're looking for that good option.....this is your place!!

So here are our Build-a-Bear pals!

132.jpg

134.jpg

Addy seems pleased!

136.jpg

So remember me telling you about the one day, Child PH ticket I mistakenly had bought for Derek? Well we decided that since Tyler had been so hopeful with the kids, that we'd offer him the ticket (upgrading it the adult ticket....$6 more) so he could go spend the afternoon (and after dinner) at the parks, running solo. He jumped at the chance and so Mike took the ticket up to the Concierge Lounge and got Ty his ticket. The rest of us, packed, played & relaxed in the rooms.

Wow, awesome way to end the trip for Tyler. A whole day at DLR by yourself. But I'm sure he deserves it. Does he go to school and help you watch the kiddos? So now I have to try Earl of Sandwich with all those great pics. I'm interested in that meatball sandwich they offer. I think I've asked you before but do you know what camera your husband uses? Or what lenses? He takes fantastic pictures. I think the last day of a trip seems to be the most depressing because it's the inevitable realization you have to go back to reality soon and cannot stay in Fantasyland forever.:sad:

I haven't started my PTR but I thought I'd let you know your trip report influenced me to make some changes to my trip in June. It made me switch my on site hotel from DH to PPH, my character meal from Ariels Grotto to Ariels Grotto and Goofy's Kitchen. One last thing I would like to ask is, being a Disneyland trip expert by now, do you prefer using a itinerary or just winging it at the park. Reason I'm asking is I'm going between Dreams Unlimited and Getaway today. Dreams is about a $100 difference but they include an itinerary to maximize my experience where getawaytoday does not.

Wow, awesome way to end the trip for Tyler. A whole day at DLR by yourself. But I'm sure he deserves it. Does he go to school and help you watch the kiddos? So now I have to try Earl of Sandwich with all those great pics. I'm interested in that meatball sandwich they offer. I think I've asked you before but do you know what camera your husband uses? Or what lenses? He takes fantastic pictures. I think the last day of a trip seems to be the most depressing because it's the inevitable realization you have to go back to reality soon and cannot stay in Fantasyland forever.:sad:

I haven't started my PTR but I thought I'd let you know your trip report influenced me to make some changes to my trip in June. It made me switch my on site hotel from DH to PPH, my character meal from Ariels Grotto to Ariels Grotto and Goofy's Kitchen. One last thing I would like to ask is, being a Disneyland trip expert by now, do you prefer using a itinerary or just winging it at the park. Reason I'm asking is I'm going between Dreams Unlimited and Getaway today. Dreams is about a $100 difference but they include an itinerary to maximize my experience where getawaytoday does not.

The sandwiches at Earl of Sandwich are delicious!!! I'm not always a huge fan of sandwiches.....so for me to rave about it....that really says something about their product.

Tyler is 26, not in school anymore......but until a week ago, had been unemployed for 2 yrs (or more).......so he's home and helps with the kids.

Mike's camera is a NikonD7000 with a 18-200ml zoom lens.

I enjoyed spending the last day relaxing, last minute shopping and watching out the window at the parks. Ty enjoyed getting to go off alone & re-ride some favorites. He also ran into Jessica/BelleElla who we had missed earlier in the week because she was sick.

The only itinerary I use is basing things on meals & entertainment. I never plan out my rides. It used to be easier to do that when you could use the FP's at anytime on the same day......now (starting Monday), you have to use it during the one hour window printed on the ticket. So I'm not sure how that will affect these "itineraries" that are put together for clients. My best advice.....plan out your dining.......look at the schedule & decide what entertainment you want to see (which day, time) right that up for a schedule and then take advantage of FP's, getting there early and just go with the flow.

Love all the bears. So cute

What is the deal with a few of the workers and those winter hats they were wearing in the store? Was it cold in there ? :rotfl:

Ride Makerz looks like a lot of fun :thumbsup2

Earl of Sandwich is great and you get a lot for your money for sure :)

That was such a nice gift to give to TY. I bet he had a blast :dance3:

The sandwiches at Earl of Sandwich are delicious!!! I'm not always a huge fan of sandwiches.....so for me to rave about it....that really says something about their product.Indeed, my wife worked for Jimmy Johns(sandwich shop) so I will be a tough judge

Tyler is 26, not in school anymore......but until a week ago, had been unemployed for 2 yrs (or more).......so he's home and helps with the kids.Ahhh, I went through the same thing at that age actually. I could not get a solid job from 2009-2011. But sounds like things are working out right? It gets depressing and weighs on you.

Mike's camera is a NikonD7000 with a 18-200ml zoom lens. Very nice camera

I enjoyed spending the last day relaxing, last minute shopping and watching out the window at the parks. Ty enjoyed getting to go off alone & re-ride some favorites. He also ran into Jessica/BelleElla who we had missed earlier in the week because she was sick.Hmmm, well my last couple trips were short ones so maybe spedning a lot of time at the parks requires relaxing days in between

The only itinerary I use is basing things on meals & entertainment. I never plan out my rides. It used to be easier to do that when you could use the FP's at anytime on the same day......now (starting Monday), you have to use it during the one hour window printed on the ticket. So I'm not sure how that will affect these "itineraries" that are put together for clients. My best advice.....plan out your dining.......look at the schedule & decide what entertainment you want to see (which day, time) right that up for a schedule and then take advantage of FP's, getting there early and just go with the flow. Yeah, I'm kinda stressing about summer crowds, fastpass enforcement and what not. But we will be there a long time this trip so your plan seems logical. The rides run all day but the shows are scheduled as well as the character meals.

BTW, thanks for sharing your awesome trip with all. My wife has been a lurker(over my shoulder as I read) and loves your trip report. Looking forward to more.

Your Build a bears are adorable! I love that shy likes Pluto I often feel he gets neglected! Keeping your mom in our prayers hope she is fully well again soon!

Love all the bears. So cute

What is the deal with a few of the workers and those winter hats they were wearing in the store? Was it cold in there ? :rotfl:

Ride Makerz looks like a lot of fun :thumbsup2

Earl of Sandwich is great and you get a lot for your money for sure :)

That was such a nice gift to give to TY. I bet he had a blast :dance3:

I'm not sure why they were wearing them.....I guess because they were animals, it was appropriate Build-a-Bear attire?? :rotfl:

Ty loved the bi-plane and stayed up all night to put it together....he has since taken it apart & rebuilt it a number of times (even mixing things up).

BTW, thanks for sharing your awesome trip with all. My wife has been a lurker(over my shoulder as I read) and loves your trip report. Looking forward to more.

I've never heard of Jimmy Johns......well hopefully you'll enjoy it......money wise for the other "park" food, you will find this to be a breath of fresh air!!

Tyler's been fighting depression and of course every time you don't get the job, it just makes you feel worse. He's training to work at Coldstone Creamery. He's pretty excited about it and it looks like a fun place to work. He'll get to act silly & corny as he's making your ice cream creations.

We've gone in the summer twice & found the crowds doable. You HAVE to take advantage of those couple hours first thing in the morning. You'll be amazed at how much you can get done before the crowds come in. Make sure you look at the time FP returns are before getting one.....make sure it will work with your schedule. Take afternoon breaks when it gets warm.....go swimming, shopping or relaxing in the room. Since you'll have more time.......don't try to go from sun up to sun down...... Arrive early for parades & fireworks to get a decent spot (and keep elbows out so people won't crowd you and end up on your laps.......) :rotfl2: Make sure you make dining reservations....otherwise you could have very long waits.

:wave2: to your wife!!

Your Build a bears are adorable! I love that shy likes Pluto I often feel he gets neglected! Keeping your mom in our prayers hope she is fully well again soon!

Shy loves Pluto......it seemed like the perfect outfit to get!!

My mom came home last night....so now she should be able to get some rest!! Thank You!!

I'm 12 days away from my next trip to Disneyland.....if you haven't yet joined me HERE yet......please stop by!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter