11/06/04 Western New and Improved Official Thread!

sjcubedofct

Mouseketeer
Yep, here it is, new and improved, and I promise to keep this first post up to date as everyone chimes in with their arrival date, party information and seating info! We'll add excursion info, too, and anything else you'd like. :)

Unknown Arrival:

Mamo4wdw with DS22 and DS14

Howardk613 with DW, DS, DDIL, DGS10, DGD4, DD, DSIL, DGS7, DGD4 and 90 of his closest friends. ;)

Mickeyswife with DH, DS12, DMIL and DGCousin15

MouseGoofy with DW, DS12

Poohssmum with DH, our 2 DS's (8 and 5) and another couple and their two DS's (9 and 7), late dinner

princesscindi with DH, DMOM, DDAD, DSIL, DMIL, DFIL

Zoop(14) with his DFamily. :)

chefnm with DW38, DD12, DS8, DMom, DDad, DS&BIL w/son4, BIL's M&D,BIL's Sis,Niece15&Nephew17. Good gracious, we need a map! :)

Thumpery with DH, DS11, DS9 (Early dinner)

October 27 (yes, October 27!! How jealous are we??) Arrival:

Mickeyswife with (I assume) DH (late dinner)

Tuesday (yes, Tuesday) Arrival:

Jerry112 with DH, DS11, DD7 (early dinner)

Thursday Arrival:

Mindymom with DM & DD (love those grandparents!) my DD9 and DS11 (late dinner)

Friday Arrival:

Scottygirl with DH, DS10, DS7, DD7 (early dinner)

TYTY with DS8, friend and her DS6 (early dinner)

Sjcubedofct with DH, DS9, my sister, her fiance, her DD10 and my DMIL (early dinner)

Jjgarv with DG7 and DB9, DB5, DB3, 2 sets of B/SIL and M/FIL- 14 in all! (early dinner)

RIDisneyLovers with DH, DD 4, DD18 months, my DMom and DDad, my DAunt and DUncle, my other DAunt and DUncle and their DD and her DH (early dinner) Headed to WDW after!

Familydad with DW, DS 13, DD 7 (late dinner)

Some friends - DH ?, DW ?, DS 13, DD 8, DD 6

More friends! - DH ?, DW ?, DS 12

Jel0511 with DH 35, DD 6 and DS 3

Luvtogo with DW Maryann, DH Sean, and our 2 dd's, 11 and 9, my neice 13 (one of Howard's 90 closest friends!)

Bernee with DH46, late dinner

Mikeydog with DW,DS9,DS10 (early dinner)

Makaira with DW, DS9, DD7, DS4

Nymets with DH, early dinner

Sue88 travelling solo and proud!

Saturday Arrival:

newyork716 with DW (late dinner)

BelleNBeastie with DH40, DS6 and DD3

CinRN with DH, DS6, and DD3 (late dinner)

Confal1 with DH, DD-5, and DS-18 months

MiaSRN62 with DH 40, DS 17, DD 14, DD12 (late dinner)

Wheresgoofy with DW, DD-1, DS, DS (early dinner)

Catlady with DH and DSister (late dinner)

DIS BOARD MEETING: We're meeting on Saturday at 3p at Scoops so we can put faces to names. :) If it's raining (which it won't be!), we'll meet at the Promenade Lounge.

FYI, DH= Dear Husband, DW= Dear Wife, DD10= Dear Daughter age 10, DS9= Dear Son age 9, DMIL= Dear Mother In Law, DFIL= Dear Father In Law, etc... :)

Myself and my wife (newlyweds) will be arriving on Satruday from Buffalo, NY

What do all thsoe abbrviations mean? Dh, DW, DS etc..etc?

Steve & Cheryl

sjcubedofct,

Good work! I promise to only post on the "Official Thread"! If I see another 11-6 cruiser on other threads, I'll PM them and invite them to join us.

:wave2:

Good job sjcubedofct,

We're all set now and we're going to be busy keeping this going. Look's like we have a great group going.

Please add me in, me, my dh (40) DS (6) and DD (3) will be flying into orlando around 9:30 on the 6th. I look forward to meeting all of you, and I can't wait!!!

We will be arriving on Friday. Dont forget DW, Parent in laws, 2 sets of BIL and SIL, total of 14 of us! We have early seating!

Just posting this information on this thread too.

We are also on this cruise with our HUGE family group.

We have the following makeup for our group:

me, DH, DD 4, DD 18 months
my DSister, her DH, DD 4 and DS 2 1/2
my DMom and DDad
my DAunt and DUncle
my other DAunt and DUncle and their DD and her DH

We are arriving on Friday night - LATE!!

We have early dinner seating.

Please add us to your list!!

Thanks,
Lisa

Regarding excursions, I'm waffling. My gut reaction was to try to do one or two at each port... but now I'm thinking down time would be better.

What is everyone doing for excursions??

What are your thoughts on "go go go" vs. down time?

What is everyone doing for excursions??

I think we will do Key West on our own via the trolley, maybe checkout Margueritaville, Southernmost Point , etc. I'm going to check the AAA Florida book to see if they have a walking tour in there.

Grand Cayman, we will definately do the Stingray Excursion through Cap't Marvins and probably check out Seven Mile Beach.

Cozumel, I think we will do some type of beach excursion on our own.

Castaway Cay, relax on the beach.

What are your thoughts on "go go go" vs. down time?

I would like to find a happy medium between the two. :hyper: :smooth:

Hi all,

On our first cruise last Nov, we really exhausted ourselves. So this time, I am really looking forward to lots of down time, although my DH can't sit still for too long!

I think we'll do Key West on our own also. Probably take the Bone Island Shuttle to the Butterfly museum and southernmost point. The kids are not looking forward to this port at all. We made them walk too much last time.

Grand Cayman, we will do the stingray excursion probably through Captain Marvins as well.

Cozumel, Paradise Beach sounds great! Maybe some mini-golf and a horse-drawn carriage ride. I would like to stop in Carlos n Charlies in the evening.

CC- relaxing on the beach!

Of course I don't know what the rest of the family wants to do. They can't seem to get as excited as I am this far off.

Hmm...Excursions,

sjcubedofct - as you know we'll probably do this one on our own.
I definately want to do the dolphin excursion and then anything other than that I'll probably just wing it.:bounce: A little down time will be nice.

Hey, I see we're down to less than 200 days.

TYTY, so glad you made it to this topic. *wink*

Yes, you are on your own with the dolphins, have fun! We're still considering the stingrays, although now I feel compelled to check Captain Marvin's site.

As for Cozumel, I just don't know!!!

My parents sent lots more info about Key West, I'll have to show you. Not sure yet what is on tap there.

Castaway Cay, I agree, there is a beach blanket and a frosty drink with my name on it!

SJ

PS- 199 days left to go, 199 days left to go... take one down pass it around, 198 days left to go.... *giggle*

My countdown clock MUST be wrong!!! I still have 201+ days left to go.:confused:

sjcubedofct: I like your clock much better than mine!!

Isn't that strange?

Lisa

We are flying down on the 5th too. Maybe I should change my countdown clock to reflect that!::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter