• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"12 Days to Disney Holiday" Fast Track Pre-trip Report: Leaving Tomorrow!!!

1971DBday

Keep moving forward!
Welcome to our "12 Days to Disney Holiday" Fast Track Pre-trip Report! As our family gets ready for our next magical trip to WDW I will share all of the planning that is finally coming together, but yes it is just 12 days to our trip. Now for those of you who are serious planners, I must warn you, we do not plan our days out...we just do what we feel like doing that day. Maybe there is a discussion the day before, but that is as far out as we go. :sad2: I know...I know...but this is our 5th year in a row on top of other vacations to WDW for a total of 8 trips for me and about 15 for my DH.

Before I get into the plans we do have let's do introductions. We are from a suburb of Chicago and my DH and I have been married for over 15 years. We met when we were teenagers working at the same family owned grocery store, but went to two different high schools. We date for a little over two years, but it ended when DH went off to college (he was a year ahead of me). We were just in two different worlds. A year after I graduated from college I was talking to some girlfriends as to good vs. bad relationships and my DHs name came up. He was the best relationship I had ever been in....so what would be a good mature way to re-connect??? Oh lets drop off a letter to his home and hope that the family still lives there. Well they did...after a few weeks of dating we were exclusive again and then 4 months later he proposed on my b-day by taking me on a horse drawn carriage ride through downtown Chicago. Now fast forward through good and bad times and three kids later....

DSC03268.jpg

DH (Jeff): great Dad, kid at heart, animal lover, and loves throwing out smart cracks (even though it's sometimes only funny to him). He is the one that re-introduced me to WDW. His family used to go to WDW every Christmas for a few weeks. Their gift to us then for our wedding was a honeymoon in WDW at the WL that had just opened. I did NO planning for this trip, but we still had a magical time but not enough to get me addicted. DH really works two jobs right now and is very busy througout the whole year. He works in sales for one company and is also a co-owner of a home improvement company and manages the sales end of things, so unfortunately as much as we relax in WDW he still needs to take phone calls...he is just no allowed to do this in front of me.

DD14 (Marisa): a teenager....:sad2: she really is a good girl most of the time, but we have entered that stage that she knows EVERYTHING!!! However, focus on the postive...she is my smart, articulate, self-motivator, and a huge help to us. We are celebrating her graduation from grade school and the fact that she made the honor roll for her first semester of high school. We are so proud of all of the hard work she has put in, especially since two of her courses are sophmore level. She dreams of being a Disney Imagineer one day...maybe she will create more thrill rides for WDW!!!

DS11 (Jeffrey): a compasionate, quirky, video game loving and always happy young man. This kid can teach a few lessons to adults on how to always have a positive attitude. We will be adding a celbration for him as well! You see Jeffrey gets bored easily and is not a very organized kids, in fact we are always asking him if he has remembered to do daily activities that he is responsible for and there is always a little self-biff to the forehead and Jeffrey running out of the room to go take care of the forgotten item(s). He is a smart kid, just other things on his mind....well we will be celebrating that Jeffrey got straight A's on his recent report card (with a note that he needs to improve his organizational skills...shocker :teacher:).

DD4 (Hannah aka "Princess Hannah"): and boy is she the Princess of the family!!! When we decided to have one last child we did not know things would be so challenging. When we had our other two it happened right away with minimal complications, but not with the last one. I wanted to have one last child before being considered of "advanced maternal age", but my body did not agree. I had five miscarriages before they figured out my problem...so a few hormone meds later I was blessed with Hannah. She is mini-me....she is Mommy's little girl and is probably a little spoiled. She has not had a year of her life that we haven't gone to WDW. But she wins me over with her smile, her imagination and her cuddles. She is excited as she becomes our big girl!

Me (Kathy): tired, overworked, can't wait for my nap by the pool, wife and Mom of 3. I work in a managerial position at a local hospital in a non-clinical function. I do love what I am doing, but it can be stressful. However, I feel like I am doing good for our patients and that passion keeps me going. I am considered a tough person by co-workers (bossy, straight forward and non-leanient when it comes to the rules), but that is because my job is not about making friends it's about the patients. However, I love my family and I love letting all of that go and relaxing and being silly in WDW. I sometimes struggle though when I see people being rude or idiots and that seems to bring the work me out. Deep breaths...:scared:

DSC03268-1.jpg
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Okay...here is a big hint as to where we will be staying.....

DSC03328.jpg

11 glorious days at the Polynesian Resort!!!! We will be staying at a GV level and have requested room 1610 in the Samoa building or at least Samoa, volcano pool side, 1st floor level. Now most people try to get a view, but we really don't sit outside the balcony nor stare out the window at a view. Our room is for sleeping and getting ready...that is it. We enjoy hanging out by the pool and last year this is the room we got and we loved it!! It was just as requested above and was the 1st room closest to the beach, so it was convenient to go back and forth to from the Nanea (volcano) pool - never had to use the public bathroom. (Sorry the little things count....)

Ahhhh..................
DSC03253.jpg

Now I know I mentioned that we do not plan much...but I am not completely insane. After free dining last year we did get addicted to a lot of restaurants. We have also made some other arrangements so here is the schedule:

Day 1: 11/25 (Thanksgiving Day) - leaving on a flight at 8:05 a.m., arrive at 11:40 a.m. Orlando time. Should arrive at the Poly by approximately 1:00 p.m.. I have a set reminder to pick up a Moutain Dew at the airport since WDW only has Coke products. We do not do the Garden Grocer...even though I am tempted. No ADRs this day, the plan is to hit the pool and unwind and then off to the MK for a couple of rides (it will be packed this day).

Day 2: 11/26 - we will go back to MK to start our day, but who knows what the rest of the day will bring. No ADRs or special plans.

Day 3: 11/27 - Chef Mickey's ADR @ 9:55 a.m.

Day 4: 11/28 - 8:30 a.m. appt. for DD4 at BBB. The park does not open until 9 a.m. so we will be allowed in 45 minutes before the park opens. I hope to get some great pictures on our way to BBB. We then have an ADR at 5:40 p.m. at CRT.

Day 5: 11/29 - No plans.

Day 6: 11/30 - This will be DD14's day! Her graduation present (and DHs Fathers Day present) is Disney's Dolphins in Depth!!! DD14 loves dolphins and is so excited for this and DHs loves of animals. I hope this will be a magical experience for the both. :wizard: We then have an ADR for DD14's favorite restaurant Teppan Edo at 6 p.m..

Day 7: 12/1 - ADR for O'Hana's at 6:45 p.m.

Day 8: 12/2 - ADR for Coral Reef at 6:30 p.m.

Day 9: 12/3 - ADR for Sci-Fi Diner at 1:35 p.m.

Day 10: 12/4 - ADR for Le Cellier at 6:20 p.m.

Day 11: 12/5 - :sad: Leaving on 1:30 p.m. flight back to Chicago.

We need to fit in Disney Quest for DS11 somewhere; this is his wish for this trip. In fact last school year he had Mrs. Hernandez for Math - the rarely gives an A teacher. His sister who scores 97 on those annual tests they give the students comparing them across the nation never got an A from this teacher. So his 1st semester he got 6 homework notices and a B...okay on the B, but we were unhappy about the homework notices. So the challenge, if he received an A from Mrs. Hernandez I would personally take him to Disney Quest (I do NOT like Disney Quest!). Me and my BIG MOUTH!!!!:rolleyes:

Some other items on our Must Do List and not in any particular order:

• Go to World Showcase during the day. We usually go at night and never get to really see it.
  • Go to France and find the stained glass window depicting the flower from Beauty and Beast. DD4 is in LOVE with Belle right now. (Previous years - Mickey, Stitch (her match in personality), Cinderella and now Belle).
  • See Walt Disney's bust at DHS
  • Spectro Magic (missed it last year...:confused:)
  • Water pageant from the beach at the Poly
  • Tequila Bar at EP Mexico
  • Barbershop on Main Street
  • Get a Mickey Mouse dog tag at Test Track gift shop for our dog Max.
  • Watch Wishes from the Rose Garden in England at EP (not sure on this one...we like to sit at the CS restaurant at Mexico and have a few margaritas..so we will see
These are just some things we have never done or want to get, amongst our normal escapades.

:santa: On the twelth day to Disney...we made our list of things to still do. Okay here is what we have done so far on the checklist of things to do:

• I started packing a few weeks ago.:goodvibes The warm weather ended here and I am not going to pack the summer clothes away, unpack and re-pack back into suitcases. Plus, I love looking at them (not so much on the tripping over them). I have gotten out the Disney rain ponchos, bags and other past trip items that we will bringing with us. I have most of our supplies packed (shampoo, soap, detergent, etc.).
  • I have our luggage tags, ME information, ADR information and other reservations documented and placed into my phone - just in case.
  • Made arrangements for transportation to and from the airport.
  • Made arrangements for the dog (Max - Goofy's sons name :goofy:) and the cat (Tink). :tink:
We still need to do the following:
  • Finish packing....:laughing: Trying to pack lighter this year. I always end up doing laundry...so why bring all of this extra crap. Pack light so souveniers can go in the bags.
  • Get haircuts for everyone
  • Fix DD14s camera (she dropped it in the sand last WDW vacation and we still haven't taken it in)
  • Get a new cord for my digital camera
  • Pick up a few items still for the trip from the grocery store
  • Put up the Christmas decorations
  • Get one more larger size carry-on suitcase
  • Get a few clothing items for DH for trip
  • Get quarters for the washing machines and dryers
  • Get through the last few days of work and school
Focus for today....
  • kids all getting haircuts
  • grocery store for a few more odds and end supplies
  • pick up one more larger size carry-on suitcase. You see we are flying Southwest there, but Air Tran back so we need to try to avoid baggage fees as much as we can coming home
  • maybe drop off DD14s camera to see if they can fix
  • I will start going through the suitcases again this weekend just to re-confirm what we have in there.
DD4 got a early Christmas present from Grandma and Grandpa a few weeks ago....

images

She was so excited that we came home and packed her suitcase. This has made it fun since she is not limited on leftover clothes while she is still home. Anyway, we came home pakced this and her princess backpack. She then wanted to "practice" so she put on her backpack, extended the handle on the Disney suitcase and started rolling it. It was a little dark in my room at the time; when what to her eyes should see, but the the wheels on this thing light up! Her reaction was "That is AWESOMMMMME!!!! My Grandma is so COOL!!!" It was so cute. I called my Mom right away and wished I had the video camera on. It put tears to my Mom's eyes and she was telling everyone. Grandma and Grandpa also got her the new dancing Mickey that is coming out.

By the way, a little thing about me....my boss made a statement about me earlier this year. I live my life like it is a To Do List...I need to do this, that, this and everything. Yes...yes I do....
[/COLOR]

I love this pre-trip report! Let's just say the characters are very interesting! haha! Your children sound so smart and accomplished! And Hannah is really adorable. You're so lucky that you're leaving so soon! I bet this last week will go by sooo slow, it always seems to with me. Your list of the restaraunts you will be dining at sound so good. I loved Coral Reef, La Cellier, and Chef Mickey's last time I went! Have you eaten at these before, and did you like them? Another question, does anyone in your family pin trade? You didn't mention it, but I was just curious, being an avid pin trader myself! :goodvibes
i'll be tuning in for more, and hopefully when you get back from your Disney trip, you will make a trip report!

Great PTR! Can't wait to hear about the Dolphins in Depth! And you're so lucky to be staying at the Poly :thumbsup2

DBF and I are usually planners, but for our Dec. trip we are trying to take a more relaxed approach like your family.

I love this pre-trip report! Let's just say the characters are very interesting! haha! Your children sound so smart and accomplished! And Hannah is really adorable. You're so lucky that you're leaving so soon! I bet this last week will go by sooo slow, it always seems to with me. Your list of the restaraunts you will be dining at sound so good. I loved Coral Reef, La Cellier, and Chef Mickey's last time I went! Have you eaten at these before, and did you like them? Another question, does anyone in your family pin trade? You didn't mention it, but I was just curious, being an avid pin trader myself! :goodvibes
i'll be tuning in for more, and hopefully when you get back from your Disney trip, you will make a trip report!

:cool1: Yay!!! I'm not just talking to myself!!!! I have very good kids (most of the time). I have my quirks and they have theirs, but I push them and tell them every day how important school is to their future. I want each of them to do something that they are passionate about; that way they will be happy in the future. Hannah is ready for kindergarten and asks almost every day when she can start. She is counting to 100, knows her ABCs, loves books and is writing her name. So I am not worried about her.

ADRs - we have eaten everywhere except for Coral Reef. This is the one I am most nervous about....the reviews have not been that good. Plus, DH roles his eyes every time I mention the ADRs, he does not like running around trying to make appointments. I'm glad to see someone actually liked Coral Reef. All of our ADRs are repeats of places we love (minus Jiko's :sad1:) but we are paying out of pocket this year.

YES!!!! We are pin traders (well the kids are) Jeffrey is obsessed with it and really gets into it. Marisa (DD14) has lost interest, but Hannah took over her pins. She got a limited addition one last year of Tinker Bell from a Cast Member that we just struck up a conversation with because he came from Illinois. That was a little pixie dust last year.

Time is dragging and these last few days I will be very busy at work and that will hopefully speed things up. I will try again to complete a trip report, but as you can see in my signature there is one from last year. However, I never finished it.

Thanks again for joining!!! I hope not to bore you.....I'm sick in bed right now ready to pass out. :sick:

Great PTR! Can't wait to hear about the Dolphins in Depth! And you're so lucky to be staying at the Poly :thumbsup2

DBF and I are usually planners, but for our Dec. trip we are trying to take a more relaxed approach like your family.

:thanks: for joining my quick pre-trip report! DD14 and DH are really looking forward to this once in a lifetime experience. I will have to ask a lot of questions and take notes at dinner so I can let everyone know what it was like. It better be for the little of $400 it's costing us! It is a 3 hour tour which includes a two hour education on dolphins and their care and then 45 minutes of water time with the dolphins. Classes are small - I believe a maximum of 4 per tour group.

As for planning - or not planning - welcome to the odd balls here! I am not saying I don't plan, as you can see I have my lists. If it wasn't for my reading and note taking we wouldn't even know half of this stuff existed (i.e. Osborne Family Lights is closed on 12/1 - good to know). But it's nice to wake up in the morning and ask everyone - what do you feel like doing today? If there isn't a list, then there isn't any disappointment for anything missed. Last year I didn't even realize until we were home that we missed Spectro Magic :confused: I don't know how I could have missed one of the few childhood memories of WDW that I have!!

Anyway, welcome and I hope to keep you somewhat entertained with my thoughts and ramblings before our trip!!!popcorn::

Okay...before I start my Day 11 days to Disney..I forgot about one family tradition that I will share with all of you. I know a lot of DISers either do the chain link or Mickey paint swatch countdown calendars, but in our family it's a little different.

We use photos from our last WDW vacation and do a little of a trivia as we countdown. We used to just start at 30 days, but this year the kids begged to start at 45 days. The trivia is not to challenging, but I throw in a difficult one here and there and it always relates to something they should know....so here is yesterday's (12 days to Disney). I will put the answers in the following days post.

12 Days to Disney
In just 12 days this place at the Polynesian Resort will help you understand it's name of meaning "little noble one". :confused3

Mona Mickey Arcade was the answer to yesterday's trivia for the kids.

Here is today's trivia countdown....
In just 11 days we will be going on a ride with a new name, but otherwise just the same.

So last night I went to bed VERY early. I am not doing well with the recent daylight savings time. The only bonus is that when we go to WDW it won't be a big adjustment for me. However, I an not feeling 100% either and I have a tough work week ahead of me. Normally I work Monday through Thursday (I modified my schedule after I had DD4), but this week the hospital I work for has a regulatory agency coming in and I have to be available for questions on Thursday and Friday....sure right before my trip to WDW. So instead of having my normal 3 day weekend right before our trip I will only have a 2 day. :surfweb: This will be a weekend of laundry, cleaning (I hate coming home from vacation to a dirty house), packing, and xmas decorations.

So now back to my health...I feel like crap this morning. I have been having stomach problems and woke up with a headache. Ever since I was pregnant with DD4 I have had trouble sleeping. I battled insomnia throughout the whole pregnancy with most nights only get anywhere from 2 - 5 hours of sleep, for someone who needs her 8 hours this was killing me. I have been trying over the counter sleep aids for the past 4 years, but they don't seem to help anymore. I think I need to bite the bullet and call my physician to see if I can get something stronger. I have also been putting off some blood tests that my doctor wants me to get....heck I work at a hospital, this should be simple. But in my eyes I come last and I haven't had the time to run over and just get it done. So hopefully tomorrow I can make this a priority.:sick:

Yesterday, I dropped DD14 off to get her haircut....well really thinned out. DD14 has the thickest mop of hair - I don't know where she inherited this from! Plus, about a week ago she decided she wanted bangs again (after growing them out for years) and took some scissors to her hair. It was not a good job....so the stylist thinned it out a lot and fixed her bangs and now she is happy.

I also went to Best Buy to see if there was any hope for fixing DD14's digital camera. She purchased this before last year's WDW trip with her own money. She was so proud of herself. Anyway last year I told her she should not have her camera with her at the beach. If she dropped it in the sand she would ruin it....:sad2: Did she listen??? Heck no, remember I am the moron that knows nothing. So what happens, of course she drops it in the sand within 15 minutes of me telling her this. :headache::rolleyes1What did I say????

Best Buy wanted $30 to send it out and then they would call us with how much to fix and put the $30 towards the repair, if we said no they would keep the $30....:teacher::confused3Are they nuts???? I might as well go to the closest toilet and flush the $30 down! So then I tried Wolf Camera...the man we spoke to said it would be about $150 to fix and we might as well buy a new camera. DD14 will be going without a camera. Lesson hopefully learned. DH wants to try to take apart...might as well let him try...no loss.

While driving to the grocery store I get an emergency message from the hospital that I work at...there is a Code Green (loss of utility) and there will be an emergency meeting/conference call at 2:30 p.m. for all leadership. Great.....but I call in and find out it's a nursing issue, but they still need all non-clinical department leadership on the call. So I quickly get to the grocery store with DD14 and DD4 in tow...I picked up a few items that were still missing off of our list: deodorant, facial cleanser, snacks, gum, razor...and that's about it plus groceries for the week. It is 2:25 and I am checking out. As we are walking out I dial in and join the conference call......popcorn::

An hour later on my cell phone :rolleyes1not once did I need speak up or answer any questions. The all clear for the event was finally called at 11 p.m. and I didn't need to get involved...:banana:except for the phone call. Everything seemed to have been handled very smoothly by those involved. The last time they had a Code Green I wasn't there either, but the one before that I was on my own for about 3 hours with about 25 staff members to assist in the situation. popcorn:: It's nice being an observer sometimes.

Today's focus....right now a nap on the couch...I feel wiped and shakey. DH promised he is going to take DS11 for a haircut, go get another carry-on suitcase, and pick up a few clothing items for himself. Then he feels like packing some of his items...:scared1:! A little history here....DH doesn't get excited or ready until the day before the trip. There is no need for planning in his eyes....He is only worried about his stuff, while I am the crazed maniac worrying about everything else - kids, pets arrangements, oh yeah and lastly myself. So for DH to be getting excited and actually wanting to pack is a miracle in itself!!!:littleangel::cheer2:

For me...I'm going to take some asprin and lay down right now and watch some Disney Park specials and hopefully feel better in a little while.

:worship: Thank you to anyone who feels like joining in.

Isn't it great when others get excited for the trip? DBF actually asked me for his packing list and wants to get started! :rotfl:

Isn't it great when others get excited for the trip? DBF actually asked me for his packing list and wants to get started! :rotfl:

DH is excited, but unfortunately changed his mind after spending the afternnon watching the Bears game. :confused3:happytv:
He said why pack now when I am just going to go through it again. See he doesn't have to work the day before we leave....me - I will be running around like a chicken with her head cut off...finish a few last minute things at work...two appointments (for the trip)...last minute laundry and go through everything.

Vacations are sooooooo relaxing!:lmao:

Okay....for anyone reading this...I just lost the whole post by hitting the backspace on my computer!!!!:sad1:

10 day post will have to come later.....

Fabulous idea. I think I need to make a list of my lists. We leave a week after you. Can't wait!

:welcome:SunnyB1066!!!! I love my lists...I drive everyone nuts with them but they are a deterrent to others from wanting to be any part of my lists!!! (insert evil laught here) We will still be there when you arrive!!! I am so excited to have 11 full days in WDW, but I have been attempted a few times with extending the vacation and trying to leave early!! Then reality sets in and the vision of my children waking up Christmas morning with nothing under the tree just kaboshes the whole idea.:santa:

Anyway....welcome enjoy my bantering and than you for not allowing me to talk to myself....I do enough of that!!!:laughing::jumping1:

I will choose the not to be....

Answer to yesterday's quiz...Prince Charming Regal Carrousel!! (I can't make everything easy on the kids - who were complaining that my quizes were to simple). On June 1st, 2010 Cinderella's Golden Carrousel was changed to Prince Charming Regal Carrousel. After their wedding Prince Charming had time (WHAT???) to practice jousting for tournaments. The event in which they practiced was known by various names throughout the lands, but generally came to be called "carrousel". (Whatever....I will still try to tackle people to get to Cinderella's horse - JK)

For tomorrow....In just 10 days we will sip our hot chocolate (and cocktails for Mom & Dad) while these all dance to Christmas music....

Anyway....I ask in my header for today to be or not to be an adult because I tried to write my pre-trip report today early this morning until I hit the wrong key...instead of being an adult and getting ready for work and actually being on time. :rolleyes: Yeah - WDW tends to make you a little childish.

Thus the whole controversy of is WDW for kids, adults or everyone. Question: if an adult acts like a child does that really make them a child in WDW or does that make them an adult who wishes they were a child in WDW???? Either way - can I still stay in the front for the parade???

A few years ago I had an "adult" try to take my kids spots during a parade in WDW...his comment was they move they lose...Tip #23 in WDW - Do NOT try to take Kathy's childrens' spot for a parade!!! Let's just say they moved without any hesitation (and my DH was no where around!!! God - those episodes of Soprano's really paid off!)

Anyway - yesterday we did get the majority of our to-do list done. However, this was after a good nap on the couch on my part and I am sad to report DH feel back into his old pattern of - "why would I pack for WDW until the day before?" :sad2:

So DS11 and DH got their haircuts, we've got another carry-on bag so I don't have to pay excessive luggage fees on our return flight home (Airtran) - we are flying Southwest there with no baggage fees, and I went through my lists but I still feel like I am forgetting something.....

Work today felt like an out of body experience...it didn't help that I drank a can of Mountain Dew followed by a cup of hot chocolate before my 10 a.m. meeting! :dance3:Typically I become an overstressed - psychotic individual about 2 weeks before I leave on vacation. You see, I cannot relax unless I know things have been dealt with, addressed or being handled by a sensible and accountable human being...otherwise I do NOT relax. So I tend to try to get 6 months of work finalized in 2 weeks. This year...I'm feeling a little odd. I feel a little more relaxed that it will all be here when I get back and "whatayagoin2doaboutit"....

What can I say...there are visions of cocktails on the beach dancing around in my head.

DD4 has princesses on her mind...we have packed 4 Disney princess dresses....Belle, Cinderella, Ariel and Aurora...however, she really wants Mommy to buy her one more for the trip..... Tiana!!! We will see if Mommy surprises her last minute.

DS11 is getting some extra homework done so he doesn't have to do it on the airplane. I am so proud of how responsible he is being!!! Does this mean more video game funding on the trip???

And DD14 has announced that she only has a boy on her mind right now....:confused: Have I not raised her right??? I hope this obsession will be gone in 20 years.....

Tomorrow...SINGLE DIGIT DANCE!!!! :worship: :hourglass :beach:

UGH...I hate luggage fees! Your DD shouldn't be thinking about boys, but WDW!! :rotfl:

Here's to the upcoming single-digit dance...:cheer2:

UGH...I hate luggage fees! Your DD shouldn't be thinking about boys, but WDW!! :rotfl:

Here's to the upcoming single-digit dance...:cheer2:

I feel like packing has become some type of science...I am glad that we will be able to check-in the majority of our bags going there, but we will be grumpy heading home already, now add on dragging along additional bags. Coming home will be sad....

I have a feeling WDW this year is going to be "oh my gosh - look at that cute boy, oh no - now that one, and that one...." :sad2: I have to accept she is getting older, but was I this annoying???

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
Do it with me...9 days, 9 days, 9 days!!! We started this coundown at 355 and we are finally down to 9 days!

The answer to yesterday's was an obvious one for the kids...Osborne Family Christmas Lights!
DSC03167.jpg

Tomorrow's - In 9 days, if we are quiet for a minute in this tranquil place we can hear music under water.

Believe it or not last year was the first time in the five years we have done the holidays at WDW to see the Osborne Family Christmas Lights. I also finally found a few holiday cocktails for me and DH!! Now I am not a heavy drinker by any means...and when I do it is usually the light stuff because I don't like to get unsensible or feel like crap the next day. But last year this was like finding the Holy Grail!!

I was waiting with DD(then 3) outside of ST while the rest of the family was riding...it was a long day of BB and then striaght to DHS for the afternoon parade, rides, and the OFCL...it was like a light shined from above and a chorus signing when I noticed a outside bar near SFD. I was like a kid in a candy shop!!! So I pushed DD3 down by the SFD and started looking at all of the choices...there were only a few with beer and a couple of holiday cocktails as my choices.

Would this be my only chance for a cocktail at DHS :confused:? I better not take any chances...so two beers for DH and two fruity-holiday-glowing cocktails for me.....Ummmm...how do I carry all of this????? Didn't think ahead and I need to go uphill.....Okay one beer and one cocktail in the cup holders (cups filled to the rim - not usually an issue - but I needed to sip the tops of every cup so I wouldn't spill everywhere...:rolleyes1:drinking1So here I am with a drink in each hand and two in the cup holders pushing a stroller uphill with my body....it was interesting.

Anyway, that is when a gentleman took a double take and pointed quickly as my treasure and said..."Oh! Where did you get that!?!" I pointed down the hill and before I could say anything more he headed down....couldn't even offer to help me.

So today's plan...I usually work Monday through Thursday, but due to a regualtory agency coming in I had to change my schedule. I did not sleep well last night, so I may need a nap this afternoon, but I REALLY need to call my doctor. I spent part of the morning re-organinzing the luggage once more and may start to sneek in some of DHs items. (Good God - it's 48 degrees outside I think we can pack the shorts!) The rest of the day will be a cleaning and try to relax a little bit day....but I do have my DNiece4 and DNephew 1 over today as well (DD4 is obviously here too).

I may put on a few vacation videos tonight to just to smile a little bit!

I have a few ADRs that I am considering of cancelling...DH just does not seem interested in going to all of them and won't give me any clues....

We will definately keep CRT, Chef Mickey's and Le Cellier...CRT and CM are really for the character interaction and Le Cellier for the soup and Filet Mingon!!

However, DD14 and DS11 really LOVE Teppan Edo and DS11 is looking forward to SFD. I am not sure about O'Hana's and Coral Reef....I do not want to hold ADRs that I am not positive we will keep and we are paying OOP.

By the way has anyone been reading about the Space Shuttle launch that might happen on Nov. 30th???

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2596778

This would be so cool to see!!!:3dglasses I am trying to stay up to date so I have set an alarm reminder for the day before in my phone to check to see if it is going to happen.

Anyone recently been at the Poly??? How are the cabanas??? I was thinking of renting one of these for Thanksgiving afternoon so DH could watch the football game in these by the pool!!! Anyone try them?

I know I should not get caught up in the weather "predictions" they change constantly and it's not like I can control it....so join me in the ups and downs of the ever changing weather predictions from

AccuWeather.com = AW
Weather.com = W

Thursday, 11/25 Thanksgiving
AW = 11/16 prediction 82 and sunny
W = 11/16 prediction 82 and sunny

Friday, 11/26
AW = 11/16 prediction 70 and rain

Saturday, 11/27
AW = 11/16 prediction 66 partly sunny

Sunday, 11/28
AW = 11/16 prediction 65 partly cloudy

Monday, 11/29
AW = 11/16 prediction 66 mostly sunny

Tuesday, 11/30
AW = 11/16 prediction 65 mostly sunny

Don't cancel O'Hana!! There is Hawaiian bread! And the dumplings are worth the cost IMO!!

And I love Accuweather...but only because they have that neat illustrations next to the weather :cool2:

You should have a Disney movie marathon to commemorate your single digits!! I did that the weekend before DBF and I's 1st WDW vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter