• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"12 Days to Disney Holiday" Fast Track Pre-trip Report: Leaving Tomorrow!!!

Don't cancel O'Hana!! There is Hawaiian bread! And the dumplings are worth the cost IMO!!

And I love Accuweather...but only because they have that neat illustrations next to the weather :cool2:

You should have a Disney movie marathon to commemorate your single digits!! I did that the weekend before DBF and I's 1st WDW vacation.

There are so many movies that DH hasn't seen!!! Princess and the Frog, Incredibles, Cars, Ratatouille.....even some of the classics. So a Disney movie marathon would be a great idea if he gets home at a decent hour.

Where are you staying on your next trip???

Definitely watch classics! Like Peter Pan :love:

We're staying at CSR Dec. 8th-13th...which I'm detailing in my PTR :rolleyes1

Definitely watch classics! Like Peter Pan :love:

We're staying at CSR Dec. 8th-13th...which I'm detailing in my PTR :rolleyes1

I'm all caught up on your PTR!!!! You will see my comments....now we can make sure that neither one of us are talking to just ourselves. The DISboard almost needs a support group for something like that! :banana: Let me know if you want a teaser postcard sent before your trip....I would be happy to do so. I offered to be a Fairygodmailer, but no takes....and I forgot to late in the game to ask someone to send something to DD4...opps.

Dnephew is taking a nap...can't pack anything since he is in the room with the suitcases...and laundry can only keep you so busy....so a few pictures from the last trip....

The infamous Teacups of Spinning Death...yes we are the nut job family making this a thrill ride! If you listen you can hear DD4 screaming at the top of her lungs!
DSC03064.jpg

Princess Cinderella Hannah
Image0053.jpg

DD4 with the love of her life....
Image0062.jpg

DS11 at EE
Image0074.jpg

DD14 with Tinker Bell (she did not want to do this...)
Image0021.jpg

DD4 dancing with Cinderella and Mickey
Image0104.jpg

Great report and pictures. I hope you have a wonderful time on your trip. I'm stressing at work now too.

I also make lists and my husband used to pick on me every trip. That is until I didn't make them and we ended up having to stop and buy him undies.

If I don't make lists I will surely forget something. Heck, if I don't make lists for grocery shopping I forget something.

I can't wait for this trip. You've been on my PTR so you know we leave Sunday. The big reveal for dd is Saturday. Poor ds will likely have flashbacks from hearing me think outloud about it. The trip is really about dd, but I hope he enjoys himself. Hopefully the weather holds because he loves being outside.

It's been a trip watching the weather report change. So far pulling up the 10day forecast, I can see 5 days of our trip. The one day rain was being predicted was Monday on weather.com and when I looked this morning it is no longer being predicted or I should say 30% chance is now a 10% chance. I don't mind a little rain as I can see it has been a dry month there. We'll have ponchos and maybe rain pants as they are at REI for cheap and we'll have a rain cover for ds' stroller. Dd actually likes rain if it's not pounding. But I'm hoping for clear skies for the duration like everyone else.

Weather.com has been good for me on previous trips. Usually the forecast I see the day before I leave for a trip anywhere is pretty accurate. It's at least helping me pack and that is all I use it for really.

Your children are beautiful.

Weather Update...to be happy or sad...that is the question??? Oh God it'll change again why panic at this stage!!!

AccuWeather.com = AW
Weather.com = W
Today's Updates

Thursday, 11/25 Thanksgiving
AW = 11/16 prediction 82 and sunny
AW = 11/17 82 prediction and partly cloudy
W = 11/16 prediction 82 and sunny
W = 11/17 prediction 83 and sunny
Friday, 11/26
AW = 11/16 prediction 70 and rain
AW = 11/17 prediction 84 and mostly sunny
W = 11/17 prediction 80 and mostly sunny

Saturday, 11/27
AW = 11/16 prediction 66 partly sunny
AW = 11/17 prediction 82 and mostly sunny

Sunday, 11/28
AW = 11/16 prediction 65 partly cloudy
AW = 11/17 prediction 69 cloudy

Monday, 11/29
AW = 11/16 prediction 66 mostly sunny
AW = 11/17 prediction 66 and partly sunny

Tuesday, 11/30
AW = 11/16 prediction 65 mostly sunny
AW = 11/17 prediction 64 and partly cloudy
Wednesday, 12/1
AW = 11/17 prediction 64 and sunny

Today will hopefully keep me busy enough with work, work, work....If I do not organize things I will not feel relaxed....so nothing like getting stressed out before leaving. Hopefully, I can give more of an update later....:surfweb:

Great pictures!! I want a teaser postcard!!

Send me a PM with your information and I would be happy to do so...

If anyone else is interested, please let me know. I am picking up postage this weekend so I am ready to send postcards to all of my nieces and nephews so that their parents can get some whines of "why can't we go to Disney World???"

I have one BIL that absolutely louthes the mouse....I love teaching his one year old to say Mickey!!! :laughing:

Great report and pictures. I hope you have a wonderful time on your trip. I'm stressing at work now too.

I also make lists and my husband used to pick on me every trip. That is until I didn't make them and we ended up having to stop and buy him undies.

If I don't make lists I will surely forget something. Heck, if I don't make lists for grocery shopping I forget something.

I can't wait for this trip. You've been on my PTR so you know we leave Sunday. The big reveal for dd is Saturday. Poor ds will likely have flashbacks from hearing me think outloud about it. The trip is really about dd, but I hope he enjoys himself. Hopefully the weather holds because he loves being outside.

It's been a trip watching the weather report change. So far pulling up the 10day forecast, I can see 5 days of our trip. The one day rain was being predicted was Monday on weather.com and when I looked this morning it is no longer being predicted or I should say 30% chance is now a 10% chance. I don't mind a little rain as I can see it has been a dry month there. We'll have ponchos and maybe rain pants as they are at REI for cheap and we'll have a rain cover for ds' stroller. Dd actually likes rain if it's not pounding. But I'm hoping for clear skies for the duration like everyone else.

Weather.com has been good for me on previous trips. Usually the forecast I see the day before I leave for a trip anywhere is pretty accurate. It's at least helping me pack and that is all I use it for really.

Your children are beautiful.

Thank you!!! I have always trusted Weather.com over AccuWeather. When I get back I will report to everyone what the actual weather was to see who had the better predictions...but the ever revolving predictions make me giggle.

We just want to be able to swim...I can handle some rain...but when you come from a colder region...swimming in November/December is a great way to mock the individuals back home. :hug:

I can't wait to hear about your reveal!!! I hope you will post it on Saturday if you choose to surprise her then!!! I think it would be so much fun watching all the videos before heading down!!!

Hi Kathy, I almost posted after reading just the first page, then I saw you covered it in the second page.

Accuweather.
Grrrrr.

We can't even go to the parks those Sunday to Thursday days, won't have tickets yet, planned on spending a lot of time by the pool.

In long underwear now!

And one other bit of news you may not like:

They are still running Main Street Electrical Parade, no Spectromagic. We just saw MSEP in July and it's no where near as good.

So now that I"ve brought you down, my work here is done. I'd put me on your ignore list if I were you. :lmao:

Hi Kathy, I almost posted after reading just the first page, then I saw you covered it in the second page.

Accuweather.
Grrrrr.

We can't even go to the parks those Sunday to Thursday days, won't have tickets yet, planned on spending a lot of time by the pool.

In long underwear now!

And one other bit of news you may not like:

They are still running Main Street Electrical Parade, no Spectromagic. We just saw MSEP in July and it's no where near as good.

So now that I"ve brought you down, my work here is done. I'd put me on your ignore list if I were you. :lmao:

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
I will swim in 60 degree weather....I would prefer 70s and 80s, but here comes the nut job from Illinois swimming in the 60s. DD14 likes to be the first one in Lake Michigan every year. This year she was in over spring break in early April!!! (Yes she had a wet suit on, but she was in. Our crazy golden retriever went in when there was still ice on the lake.)

I'm so glad that an expert on trip reports found mine worthy enough to read ....:worship:Please tell Smidgy I said hello!!! By the way I have fireworks for 9:30 p.m. on MVMCP.....

I'm disappointed it's still Spectromagic....but it's better then being at work in Chicago!!!:laughing: I still can't talk DH into doing the Magnificant Mile Lights Festival!!!!! I know I will be seeing Mickey soon, but I REALLY want to go....but me on my own with three kids is not my idea of a good time.

Glad to see you here oh great master of trip reports...(by the way I'm talking to Smidgy!!! Sorry - I can't inflate your head, if your anything like my DH I just couldn't do that to Smidgy!) popcorn::

I never thought I would say this, but AHHHHH...work was great today....it made the time fly and now I sit here exhausted on the coach ready for bed. :happytv:

I had some productive (go figure) meetings, got a few things off my list and a lot more added to my list. Remember how I said I live off lists, that I have trouble sleeping and I keep feeling under the weather (including headaches)???? Well maybe it's because of the unwritten list in my head. I have had it up to here with the hallway meetings!!!! You see I work at a hospital, so there are a lot of them. You could be on your way here or there but people constantly approach about things on their list and they get added to yours, but of course you have NOTHING to write it down on so it's on your brain list. UGHHHHHH!!!!:headache::headache::headache::headache::headache::headache::headache:

Today I took the time to go and check on a little project that I intiated...but got to somewhat pass off to someone else. :yay: You see there is a pediatric waiting room at our hospital's emergency department (ed) that was not used very often. Well one day I was having a "hallway meeting" with the manager of the ed and she mentioned that she was trying to figure out how to get the kids attention to get them down to the room. I mentioned some type of mural on the wall to attract them down the hallway....then while at a non-productive meeting on how to have a productive meeting...the design came to me. By the end of the non-productive meeting I had approaced all necessary departments and had approval to move forward!!!! So my connection made a connection with the local center for the arts and :wizard::wizard::wizard::wizard:. The room is set to be done by the end of this week!

Now what idea could I possibly have had...well I know what keeps my kids happy.....HIDDEN MICKEYS!!! But obviously we can't have any copyright issues....so the theme is midevil inviting kids to come in to the Enchanted Village to find hidden pictures throughout. There may or may not be a few hidden pictures for me throughout the room...that may or may not resemble .....:love:
I will take some pictures tomorrow and post....but even though I didn't lift a brush I am very proud of what we were able to make for the kids that will enter that room in the future. I hope it puts a smile on their little faces!!!

As for the trip, I didn't get a thing done except for checking the weather. I just want the time to go by.....
I do have to say everyone is surprised at how giddy I am...normally I am psycho trying to get everything done....maybe I'm maturing...or my brain is already on vacation!!! :cloud9:

Weather Update...to be happy or sad...that is the question??? Oh God it'll change again why panic at this stage!!!

AccuWeather.com = AW
Weather.com = W
FONT=Comic Sans MS]Today's Updates[/FONT]

AW = 11/17 prediction 82 and partly cloudy
AW = 11/18 prediction 80 and some showers
W = 11/18 prediction 82 partially cloudy
Friday, 11/26
AW = 11/18 prediction 67 sunny
W = 11/18 prediction 80 sunny

Saturday, 11/27
AW = 11/18 prediction 66 sunnySIZE]
W = 11/18 prediction 76 sunny

Sunday, 11/28
AW = 11/18 prediction 73 partly sunny

Monday, 11/29
AW = 11/18 prediction 78 and partly cloudy

Tuesday, 11/30
AW = 11/18 prediction 79 and mostly sunny

Wednesday, 12/1
AW = 11/18 prediction 79 and rain
[/COLOR]
Thursday, 12/2
AW = 11/18 prediction 82 and sunny

I am taking a little break at work and thought I would say hello and a big birthday wish to Mickey and Minnie Mouse!!!!

Our survey at the hospital went really well and now I need to just finish off the day....

This morning while in the kitchen I hit my foot on the corner of a area rug we have by the back door. "Hit" you say???? I would not use the word hit with a rug but the rug (as I found out) has a wire in it to help it keeps it's shape and the rug is starting to show some wear well my foot hit the rug and it hurt like a ?@*$! and I hobbled over to the couch and thought whatever...a good half hour later my foot is still throbbing and now I'm thinking I am REALLY getting wimpy in my old age....

I look at the bottom of my foot and there is a gash with my skin kind of hanging there (I may need to get tips from nebo on being accident prone)...that's when I turned on the lights and saw my blood trail....nice....Well in my job I have to do a lot of walking around and I'm in heels....so I am just sucking up the pain and moving on. Of course all I could think is I hope it's healed in time for Disney!!! So here I am all bandaged up and limping around - like an idiot.

This year I would really like to find a unique/nice place to take a family picture for our Christmas cards....any ideas????

We have done the typical in front of a dozen or so trees....in front of the castle...I want to do something unique, but Disney-ish.

Also, anyone out there know if we can put the photos from Dolphins in Depth experience on to the photopass?

Good job on the updating from Accuweather, isn't it unbelievable that they upped the temperature 14 degrees in just one day? Must be from the Comet that is expected to hit Orlando at that time. I forgot to mention you have a great looking family, even if we don't run into you hope you have a great time.

Thanks! You will have to keep an look out for DH since he will be visiting DSAs frequently...:sad2:

My DH will have NO idea about any codes, DISnames, etc...so approach cautiously...no - "Hey - I know your wife Kathy!!! We chat online all the time...." you may start something.....

If not, I hope you and Smidgy have a wonderful time to...and here is to some warm weather!!! Good luck with your flight too with the new security measures!!! That should be fun with three kids for us.

AccuWeather.com = AW
Weather.com = W
FONT=Comic Sans MS]Today's Updates[/FONT]

AW = 11/17 prediction 82 and partly cloudy
AW = 11/18 prediction 80 and some showers
W = 11/18 prediction 82 partially cloudy
Friday, 11/26
AW = 11/18 prediction 67 sunny
W = 11/18 prediction 80 sunny

Saturday, 11/27
AW = 11/18 prediction 66 sunnySIZE]
W = 11/18 prediction 76 sunny

Sunday, 11/28
AW = 11/18 prediction 73 partly sunny

Monday, 11/29
AW = 11/18 prediction 78 and partly cloudy

Tuesday, 11/30
AW = 11/18 prediction 79 and mostly sunny

Wednesday, 12/1
AW = 11/18 prediction 79 and rain
[/COLOR]
Thursday, 12/2
AW = 11/18 prediction 82 and sunny

Yeah! Your weather report is now overlapping my trip. Looks like my trip will start out warm, even though our flight doesn't land until 8:30. I'm just praying we don't have any winter precipitation here in Arkansas. We don't handle snow or ice well. Or maybe at all. Crossing our fingers for good weather here and there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter