180 day mark... Internet disaster & phone line problems... In the end it is all good!

goofy4prez

A guy can love Disney and still keep his man card!
It is 30 degrees here in N.E. Ohio with snow in the forecast. But tomorrow is my official summer countdown; that's right, tomorrow is when I can book my ADR's. This trip will be our first as DVC members with our home resort being the Villas at Grand Floridian. My DW and I will be going it alone once again with my DD (17) heading to Japan with her Japanese language class at the same time. Here are our plans.

Our trip will be from June 16th until June 23rd and will be staying at the VGF. We will not be on the DDP and will be using the Tables In Wonderland for the first time. Our restaurants and activities are as follows.

Tues 16th... It will be our arrival day and will spend time at DTD. Restaurants are.

Lunch: Earl of Sandwich or Wolfgang Puck Express.
Dinner: Narcoossee's. This is our traditional arrival day dinner. Love this place.

Wed. 17th... Magic Kingdom Day

Breakfast: Crystal Palace. Love this place and love Pooh and friends, Tigger being my favorite.
Dinner: Artist Point. Went last June and loved it. Making an early dinner.

Afterwards we will be attending the Wishes Dessert Party.

Thurs. 18th... Epcot day

Lunch: San Angel Inn... I love that this is not a Tex-Mex..
Dinner: Yachtsman Steakhouse... Thought about Shula's but I love YSH as well.

Afterwards we will head back to Epcot wind down the evening and watch Illuminations.

Fri. 19th... Hollywood Studios

Breakfast: Cape May... I enjoy CM for breakfast and the character interaction is excellent here. (yes I know I won't have a child with me. LOL)
Dinner: California Grill. First time I went I loved it, second time OK. Giving it another try.

California Grill will be a little earlier. Instead of watching Wishes from there we will be heading up to the Top of the World Lounge and watch the fireworks from there.

Sat. 20th... Animal Kingdom

Lunch: Flame Tree BBQ. One of my favorite QS.
Dinner: Jiko. Love, love, love this place. A must do every trip.

Sun. 21st... Magic Kingdom

Lunch: Columbia Harbour House (part of the KTTK tour)
Dinner: VICTORIA & ALBERTS- Queens Room. Oh yea, I'm thrilled.

We will also be taking the Keys to The Kingdom Tour on this day as well. I am really looking forward to this fathers day!!!

Mon. 22nd... Epcot

Lunch: Chefs De France. I have never done it before.
Dinner: Flying Fish. This is also another must do for us. Love it.

Tues 23rd. :guilty::sad2::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad: Yep. We head home.

There you have it. Those are the plans I have set. Now hopefully all goes well for me when I get online tomorrow at 6:00 am. :scared:

Looks like a great trip. The only thing I would have mentioned is to possibly consider one of the Swan & Dolphin choices for dinner one night, but it seems your pretty solid on your Flying Fish and Yachtsman decisions.

I personally prefer BlueZoo over Flying Fish, but everyone has their preferences.

:thumbsup2

Looks like a great trip. The only thing I would have mentioned is to possibly consider one of the Swan & Dolphin choices for dinner one night, but it seems your pretty solid on your Flying Fish and Yachtsman decisions.

I personally prefer BlueZoo over Flying Fish, but everyone has their preferences.

:thumbsup2

I'd love BlueZoo, but my wife is not as crazy about the menu. As for Shula's, we do have one in the Cleveland area I have been to a few times. They are excellent though.

Goof,

Welcome to DVC! We are making our first trip this Spring as BCV owners from Columbus.

We've been to all your places you're going, except Cape May breakfast (going in Spring, Cape May Dinner is our traditional last night meal) - most of them our favs as well. Just went to Chefs for the first time last month - service and food were both excellent. Short Rib dinner is highly recommended!

Very jealous about V&A's - Enjoy!

PS - I like the characters too! :rolleyes1

Bob! :cool1:

Thank you for the heads up on your PTR. :goodvibes

I think the trip sounds wonderful. It will great for you and your honey to get away and have a good time, just the two of you. :hug:

The food selections sounds great. Let us know how it goes making your ADRs. :)

Bob! :cool1:

Thank you for the heads up on your PTR. :goodvibes

I think the trip sounds wonderful. It will great for you and your honey to get away and have a good time, just the two of you. :hug:

The food selections sounds great. Let us know how it goes making your ADRs. :)

Well Camille, I am sitting here as I type in complete absolute frustration once again over WDW and their horribly pathetic website. It shows my dates available, it shows the times available, but when you click on the time the website won't allow for it and shows no times available. After 3 years with this updated site you would think they would have their problems fixed. NOOOOO. Looks like a long wait on the phone and more frustration. Oh well. :goodvibes

I can't make ADR's via the phone either. The call prompts me through the options then say's "let me get you an agent." After that it ask's if I would like to take a survey and if not I can hang up. This has been since 7:00 AM.....

Right now I am so ticked off and frustrated.:headache::headache:

2 1/2 hours of frustration, but starting to feel a little better. Everything is booked with the exception of Victoria & Albert's. I finally got through to a fantastic cast member who's name was Urisha (sp). She was the best phone cast member I have ever spoken to. She did say they are updating their systems (isn't that one ongoing) and are experiencing a lot of problems.

The website still won't allow me to book it and I have to wait until 10:00 am to call V&A directly. I'm still hoping that I can get the Queens Room. If not I really don't want to switch a restaurant out, but if needed I will. We really want to do this one. :goodvibes

***Update***

In the end it all worked out. A little stressful, but in the end I am happy I was able to get everything I was hoping to get. The Queens Room at V & A was booked for June 21st (Fathers Day) so I switched my ADR at the California Grill to Sunday and have an ADR for V & A (Queens room) on Friday instead. Now I can relax until I have to go through the insanity once again with my FP+ selections at the 60 day out period.

Hi there Bob!

Your selections sound GREAT! We have never been to Jiko. The place always looks really nice. We usually do BOMA. I love the AKLodge and grounds/restaurants. GREAT PLACE.

Hopefully, we can catch up with you guys! Thanks for all the updates looking forward to see any other status you have pertaining to Disney.

I just got back with a friend of mine on the 10th. Went to the MVMCP at the Magic Kingdom and it was great!

Talk soon! Subscribing to this thread :)

Brunette

The plans sound great Bob.

I've not dined at many of your places (I am too fussy for some and no way Mark will dress up on vacation). We have done Chefs de France a number of times and love it. And, as you know, we love Yachtsman.

We thoroughly enjoyed the Keys to the Kingdom Tour and I think you will too.

Hi there Bob!

Your selections sound GREAT! We have never been to Jiko. The place always looks really nice. We usually do BOMA. I love the AKLodge and grounds/restaurants. GREAT PLACE.

Oh my gosh, you absolutely have to try Jiko. The atmosphere, service and food are excellent. I also agree with you about the AKL; it is spectacular.

Hopefully, we can catch up with you guys! Thanks for all the updates looking forward to see any other status you have pertaining to Disney.

I just got back with a friend of mine on the 10th. Went to the MVMCP at the Magic Kingdom and it was great!

Talk soon! Subscribing to this thread :)

Brunette

Michele, It would be so awesome if you are able to make another trip when we are down there as well. Carolyn and I were just mentioning our very first "DIS" meet and how much fun we had. It has been way too long. As for MVMCP; we went last year and loved the event. The only thing I would change is that I think Disney actually oversells it, or at least the one we were at. But still, it was a lot of fun.

The plans sound great Bob.

I've not dined at many of your places (I am too fussy for some and no way Mark will dress up on vacation).

When it comes to cuisine, I am not all that fussy and am willing to try almost anything at least once. Carolyn is the one who is a whole lot more fussier when it comes to eating. Normally I wouldn't want to dress up as well on vacation, But for V&A, I'll make the exception. I also won't have to worry about the heat and being dressed up because we will be staying at the VGF and other than a few feet from our building to the main building, it will be air conditioned the whole time.

We have done Chefs de France a number of times and love it. And, as you know, we love Yachtsman.

I'm looking forward to Chefs de France and like you, I really like Yachtsman. That and it is a quick easy walk back to the WS to watch Illuminations.

We thoroughly enjoyed the Keys to the Kingdom Tour and I think you will too.

I'm looking forward to this tour. I can't think of a better way to spend a fathers day than a KTTK tour.

To you, Carolyn, your daughter and all of your family, wishing you a very Merry Christmas Bob.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter