1st Timer Trip - Restaurants Picked. Any opinion?

@10CJ , Thanks for your comments! Day 4, as in lunch at Hollywood Brown Derby and dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse? That's too much food? What would you suggest? You made a really good point about day 10, I ended up changing things up a bit and Sanaa was moved to another day, so I'll have breakfast at Kona and dinner at Boma.

It might be okay, I would just be aware of your times when booking back to back table service meals. If we have two in one day I try to make it a breakfast and dinner but I know it does not always work out that way.

Thank you so much!

I think we'll keep Boma, if only because I really want to try out the restaurant and my OH really enjoys buffets and has been asking for at least one buffet for dinner.

I'm a HUGE Harry Potter fan which is why I wanted to do both restaurants. I might consider Cowfish. I would have booked Bice but we already have to change for dinner quite a few times already, I don't want to add another dress-code restaurant to the list. I don't mind, but my OH does.

Hopefully
- Unfortunately my OH doesn't want to spend too much time on meals during the day. He doesn't care much about food, whereas I'm obsessed with it. It's our first time, we'll see how that goes. No doubt we'll regret some of the choices at some point haha

We loved the Harry Potter areas at Universal but the food in the restaurants? Not so much. However, the theming is great.

Cowfish - we didn’t love it. It was insanely crowded and busy, something we usually don’t mind but it ended up as ok food in a not so relaxing atmosphere.

We LOVED Bice but I get your feelings about changing clothing. Emeril’s restaurant at Ciy Walk was really good and was fine for decent park clothing.

Jiko was one of our best meals of the Disney trip

I just want to quickly post and say that I got - to my complete surprise - all of the ADRs on the first page, including Victoria and Albert's and BOG lunch on the first day, which I didn't think was going to be feasible. I was refreshing like mad at 7am EST for three days though, and checking on both the app and the website, but it is possible. Thank you all so much for your helpful comments, my sweetheart and I can't wait to go!!!

Looks like a great plan. We really enjoyed Cowfish as a family. Try to go at an off time though

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter