1st trip to WDW w/kids

tmrmom

Earning My Ears
This is my first trip to WDW with my 3 kids (ages: 9, 7 &3). Can anyone suggest any good restaurants that I should take them to. We have reservations at Port Orleans - Riverside......is this hotel nice? Any advice for me would be greatly appreciated. I want to make this the best trip ever for my kids.

we have a restaurant board as well as a resort board too........I am going to Riverside in a few months. We love it there as well as the French Quarter too. I think you will enjoy all of it.
The places to eat at the hotel have an excellent food court and at the parks you will find alot of kid friendly restaurants that are good for you and the kiddos. We also have chat on Tuesday and Wednesday nights that can answer your questions about everything. alot of the restaurants also have kids meals or sections in Buffets. We love Hollywood and Vine at MGM and it has everything there INCLUDING the best dessert bar around. Look us up on Tuesday night at nine pm and we would love to have you join us

When my kids were about the same age, they loved the 50's Prime Time Cafe in MGM Studios. They thought it was great fun to have the waitress "fuss" at all of us to keep our elbows off the tablet, to eat all our vegetables, etc. Have a great time.

You will love the resort. You can take a short boat ride between POFQ and POR and use both pools. My kids loved that. You can also take that same boat to Downtown Disney where there are lots of great shops and restaurants. My kids love the rainforest cafe there and of course the Ghiradelli (sp) ice cream shop. You will learn tons of information on these boards. Visit all the different forums parks, resorts, restaurants. The people on this board could not be nicer and know so much about Disney. Have a great trip! :D

I took my husband and our 5 year old last year on a 4 wdw/3 day cruise and purchased the then gold plan. This September I'm taking 75 people with me for the same time. We stayed at PO, Bldg. #18 -- I highly recommend that bldg. I do not however recommend the food court there. Nice view w/paddle wheel but the hot food was yucky!! At AK, Len Testa from the unofficial guide had recommended Flame BBQ -- cause there'e a little garden right behind it -- the signs are unobtrusive but there if you look for them -- it was quiet and absolutely fascinating. Definetely look for it -- most people miss it. We had dinners at the Brown Derby, Artist Pointe and Fulton's Crab House. Unfortunately, under the new dinner plan these aren't as easily accesible. But, hey, if you can afford it, do it. The staff at these three restaurants were wonderful to ALL of us. We had character breakfasts at Chef Mickey's and Cinderella's Castle. Chef Mickey's was the most fun we had at any restaurant. We booked the first opening 'cause we normally rise @ 5:00 am anyway. Totally fun and the characters came right to the table and stayed. Cinderella's was great but the restaurant area is small and packed -- the "pre-show" area with Fairy Godmother was PACKED but hey. look up and see the Mice!!! It was a good time but we will not do it again; but first timers should try for a PS.
I am providing a Chef Mickey's PS for one of the group going in September as a bonus.
Other advice:
The best advice I can give you is to go to the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney Website. Spend the $11 and get a itenerary. Especially with SO many attractions being closed for the celebration refurbishing. Len and the staff are excellent for leads and information.

We've eaten at many places in Disney and usually have a great time. But the one we seem to have the most fun at is O'hanas at the Poly. They do cocunut races and hula hoops for the kids. It's just so much fun! If you do go, be sure to ask to be seated in the main dining area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter