***1st Week of December Thread ADR Plans, Park Hours, and dealing with Pop Warner***

Good evening everyone! Hope nobody's around right now to answer because you're all out having a fabulous wild and crazy Friday night! ( :banana::dance3::drinking1)
But, figured I'd post something that I wanted to ask about....it's probably the WORST question asked all day..but, i'm just curious..
"kinda" late in the game for reserving another adr....but, I was wondering if there are any "calmer" restaurants that some of you might recommend for dinners? I know this is wdw, so maybe not completely calm:) But, we have so many character meals, and I think our TS meals (CRT and BOG) are going to be loud as well. I'm wondering if I should reserve something else. We do have a kona breakfast for our down day. But, I'm wondering if you guys have any ideas...
Our daughter really likes Coral Reef in Epcot for dinner for her two kids. It is a very calm and peaceful environment with the huge aquarium. It isn't noisy either. But it is a very hard ADR to get. Most of the restaurants inside the parks can be very busy.

Good evening everyone! Hope nobody's around right now to answer because you're all out having a fabulous wild and crazy Friday night! ( :banana::dance3::drinking1)
But, figured I'd post something that I wanted to ask about....it's probably the WORST question asked all day..but, i'm just curious..
"kinda" late in the game for reserving another adr....but, I was wondering if there are any "calmer" restaurants that some of you might recommend for dinners? I know this is wdw, so maybe not completely calm:) But, we have so many character meals, and I think our TS meals (CRT and BOG) are going to be loud as well. I'm wondering if I should reserve something else. We do have a kona breakfast for our down day. But, I'm wondering if you guys have any ideas...

A lot of crazy, but not very wild on this end! lol :) My first thoughts were where @Candycane83 suggestions went. We enjoyed Grand Floridan Cafe very much and the resort is decorated so beautifully at Christmastime. I have never been to The Wave, but it's on our list this time. I've read many times that it's a very calm environment. :)

on talking about FPs, I wanted to share my first day at MK (Dec6) to see if it's realistic

Move from swan to CR:8am
Maybe eat breakfast at wave 8:30am
Get to MK 9:30-9:45
Talking Mickey (FP: 9-10am)
Ride Main Street vehicle
Buzz (FP10-11am)
Tomorrowland speedway
Teacups
Pooh (if line is short or SDFP)
It's a small world (if line is short)
Haunted Mansion (FP11-12nn)
Jungle Cruise (4th FP or SDFP)
Lunch at Skippers (12:50pm)
Wait for FoF in front of country bear
Head back to CR at 4pm
Rest
Head to DS 5:30
Dinner boathouse

What do you guys think? Doable? Too much? Switch FP?
I like the Wave for breakfast. We are planning to eat there, too. Your fp schedule looks good. What time is your dinner reservation?

What day are you looking for? If ever?

In a perfect world, I would love a reservation for December 11 between 4-6 but I can also make December 6 work. I don't mind eating during the MVMCP (on the 8th) since we can just make it more of a snack break but I really don't want to miss the fireworks.

In a perfect world, I would love a reservation for December 11 between 4-6 but I can also make December 6 work. I don't mind eating during the MVMCP (on the 8th) since we can just make it more of a snack break but I really don't want to miss the fireworks.
We're going to MVMCP on Dec 8 too and I'm looking for an earlier time then too! Lol! How many are you in your party?

What are you looking for? Resort dining? Around MK? Or another park? There are a lot of kind of quieter restaurants I think like the Wave, Captain's Grill, Grand Floridian Cafe, any signature if that's a consideration... :)
Thanks :) I'm not really sure! I like Kona because we'll be at the Poly...and whatever is easier is sometimes better :) I'm thinking maybe we'll just stop one or two nights and get some quick service somewhere. The more I research , I feel like it might even be less hectic and loud grabbing something quick in a park than even at an adr ts restaurant!
hmm...maybe that could be a question to ask next....what are some of your favorite quick service spots for dinner? in the parks? he he. these wheels are done turning for the night

TGIF! :wave:

I am the worlds worst parent! DD2 has been so fussy this week and I finally figured out that she had an ear infection, on top of starting to teeth (her first tooth!). I should of recognized it earlier, but hadn't. Poor little girl, she's on meds and she finally took a 3.5 hour nap this afternoon! She's a new baby!

Back to the trip, I went back and forth constantly about whether to keep or cancel the dessert party for MVMCP. I knew in my heart of hearts, it wasn't the right thing for our family and it was an impulsive purchase. Now with it canceled I feel as though we can go at our own speed and not worry so much about timing things. So many other things are timed (dining, fast passes, airplanes, etc) that I just wanted a night to chill and for our little family to enjoy MVMCP. I do hope some of you attend so I can here all about it!

I am so not prepared for FP's. If Disney updates their hours for December, I really want to experience AK at night. So, we canceled Cape May and instead are eating at Yak and Yeti! It'll only be a bonus if Rivers of Light is available. While I love Yak and Yeti, we canceled the one for 12/1 and now we'll just eat counter service either in AK or at AKL. We have flexibility and with the party keeping us up late we can do what feels right during the day! We'll probably then just eat at Contempo Cafe prior to the party, around 4ish, and if we want to be in the parks that early, Cosmic Rays for dinner.

LOL, does any of that make sense? I feel like I'm rambling!

My wild and crazy Friday night has been spent trying to fix our driveway with the tractor. We have a steep gravel driveway that washes out with hard rain and we sure got a doozy of a storm last night! It's still not done but I gave up for the night to come inside and Disney plan.

I just got off the phone with a lovely CM in ticketing who switched my MVMCP from 11/27 to 12/1! It was not easy, but it was all done in 20 minutes. I guess because I paid with 2 gift cards for the first party tickets there was some hassle getting the computer to refund the gift cards and re-charge. The 12/1 tickets are $1 cheaper, so the refund kinda screwed it up. I told him "keep the change" but he wanted to try anyway and he ended up being successful with the small exception that he had to keep $0.01 of the refund to trick the computer to do what it wants. I'm relieved because if any of my plan changes were going to not work, it would've been switching party dates! I actually made $2.11 back by switching. I better not spend that all in one place. ;)

I also changed my return flights to early Monday afternoon instead of Sunday night and reserved a night at the Marriott at the airport with points! I just couldn't justify shelling out another potential $400 for 1 night somewhere on site just to wake up and leave for the airport.

Now I have to mess with the ADRs and park days, make a firm decision on EMM, and then reschedule the Wild Africa Trek. But my plans are looking so much better already! It seems I even have it so that I can get a chance to see regular Wishes before Holiday Wishes, as was suggested here I think by @Lisa F.

hmm...maybe that could be a question to ask next....what are some of your favorite quick service spots for dinner? in the parks? he he. these wheels are done turning for the night
MK - Toss up between CHH and Cosmic Rays
Epcot - Tangierine Cafe
HS - Fairfax Fare or Min and Bills
AK - Flame Tree

The quietest restaurants are at the resorts. We've found The Wave, Grand Floridian Cafe and Olivia's to be some of the calmest.

on talking about FPs, I wanted to share my first day at MK (Dec6) to see if it's realistic
Move from swan to CR:8am
Maybe eat breakfast at wave 8:30am
Get to MK 9:30-9:45
Talking Mickey (FP: 9-10am)--I think this is too close to your arrival.
Ride Main Street vehicle
Buzz (FP10-11am)--push back according to 1st FP
Tomorrowland speedway--the line can get pretty long
Teacups
Pooh (if line is short or SDFP)
It's a small world (if line is short)
Haunted Mansion (FP11-12nn)--again another pushback
Jungle Cruise (4th FP or SDFP)--probably won't make this and make it to Skipper's on time
Lunch at Skippers (12:50pm)
Wait for FoF in front of country bear--maybe wait closer to park entrance
Head back to CR at 4pm--isn't he going to need a break before this? your schedule is jam packed and I think he'll be pooped
Rest
Head to DS 5:30
Dinner boathouse

What do you guys think? Doable? Too much? Switch FP?

My wild and crazy Friday night has been spent trying to fix our driveway with the tractor. We have a steep gravel driveway that washes out with hard rain and we sure got a doozy of a storm last night! It's still not done but I gave up for the night to come inside and Disney plan.

I just got off the phone with a lovely CM in ticketing who switched my MVMCP from 11/27 to 12/1! It was not easy, but it was all done in 20 minutes. I guess because I paid with 2 gift cards for the first party tickets there was some hassle getting the computer to refund the gift cards and re-charge. The 12/1 tickets are $1 cheaper, so the refund kinda screwed it up. I told him "keep the change" but he wanted to try anyway and he ended up being successful with the small exception that he had to keep $0.01 of the refund to trick the computer to do what it wants. I'm relieved because if any of my plan changes were going to not work, it would've been switching party dates! I actually made $2.11 back by switching. I better not spend that all in one place. ;)

I also changed my return flights to early Monday afternoon instead of Sunday night and reserved a night at the Marriott at the airport with points! I just couldn't justify shelling out another potential $400 for 1 night somewhere on site just to wake up and leave for the airport.

Now I have to mess with the ADRs and park days, make a firm decision on EMM, and then reschedule the Wild Africa Trek. But my plans are looking so much better already! It seems I even have it so that I can get a chance to see regular Wishes before Holiday Wishes, as was suggested here I think by @Lisa F.
Hopefully we'll see you there! Quite a bit of us are going 12/1!

Thanks :) I'm not really sure! I like Kona because we'll be at the Poly...and whatever is easier is sometimes better :) I'm thinking maybe we'll just stop one or two nights and get some quick service somewhere. The more I research , I feel like it might even be less hectic and loud grabbing something quick in a park than even at an adr ts restaurant!
With 2 little kids, I heard Pinocchio Haus or CHH second floor is nice. Grand Floridian Cafe if you want to get out of the parks so you can go see the gingerbread house. I saw very good reviews on Contempo Cafe (QS) at CR too. In Epcot, there's tons of choices, all depends on what kind of cuisine you like. sunshine seasons also seem to get rave reviews. For TS, I would say Tokyo Dining, TS at Morroco seem like it's quieter. In DHS, I don't know, I couldn't really find any good choices there. Around the resorts there, captains grille seems quiet or trattoria at Boardwalk. AK seems to have a bit of good QS choices. Flame Tree BBQ seems to be the most popular. Sanaa at AKL Kidani is very popular too and has great atmosphere. :)

Hopefully we'll see you there! Quite a bit of us are going 12/1!

Awesome! I'm so glad that was able to be changed. The CM made it seem like it was a fairly common occurrence to change party dates.

I think I'm literally going to drop all 3 ADRs I currently have and start from scratch tomorrow. :rotfl:

That's so great you got it changed!! Congrats on plans looking better too! :)

We have 5. How about you?

So you want an earlier time on the 8th? What time is your reservation now?
3 and I have a 6:20 but feel like I need a little earlier to make it to the first parade in Main Street. I have a BOG I will cancel for dec 11, 4:05pm but it's for 3.

Awesome! I'm so glad that was able to be changed. The CM made it seem like it was a fairly common occurrence to change party dates.

I think I'm literally going to drop all 3 ADRs I currently have and start from scratch tomorrow. :rotfl:
I know, we've changed around ADR's as much as we could. MY brother and his family are now doing some of their own ADR's so that helps a bit too (that's new as of yesterday)... For their date, they've scooped up a California Grill Brunch reservation! Then later one they'll get to return to watch Holiday Wishes! What a perfect date!

So, as of right now this is our ADR list /(things have changed!)
11/30 - QS lunch; Raglan Road Dinner
12/1 - QS breakfast lunch and dinner (MVMCP)
12/2 - Boma Breakfast; CP La Hacienda Dinner (8:15 show)
12/3 - Liberty Tree Tavern Lunch; Narcoosees Dinner
12/4 - GFC breakfast, (bro and wife brunch at CG); dinner at Sanaa
12/5 - Boma Dinner/ City Walk for DH and I
12/6 - Tusker House lunch/ Yak and Yeti Dinner (AK at night?) (my parents dinner at Flying Fish with illuminations)
12/7 - QS BOG breakfast/ Chef Mickey's dinner (kiddos with gpa and dpa); V&A for DH and I
12/8 - Kona Cafe breakfast/ CP Via Napoli Dinner
12/9 - QS lunch/departure. :(

3 and I have a 6:20 but feel like I need a little earlier to make it to the first parade in Main Street. I have a BOG I will cancel for dec 11, 4:05pm but it's for 3.

6:20 is definitely hard if you want to do a full meal. My girls want to meet the 7 dwarves even though they met them at the Halloween party in 2014 so I want to be in line right away so we can meet them when the party starts.

And I really wish that December 11 was for more people!!!

I know, we've changed around ADR's as much as we could. MY brother and his family are now doing some of their own ADR's so that helps a bit too (that's new as of yesterday)... For their date, they've scooped up a California Grill Brunch reservation! Then later one they'll get to return to watch Holiday Wishes! What a perfect date!

So, as of right now this is our ADR list /(things have changed!)
11/30 - QS lunch; Raglan Road Dinner
12/1 - QS breakfast lunch and dinner (MVMCP)
12/2 - Boma Breakfast; CP La Hacienda Dinner (8:15 show)
12/3 - Liberty Tree Tavern Lunch; Narcoosees Dinner
12/4 - GFC breakfast, (bro and wife brunch at CG); dinner at Sanaa
12/5 - Boma Dinner/ City Walk for DH and I
12/6 - Tusker House lunch/ Yak and Yeti Dinner (AK at night?) (my parents dinner at Flying Fish with illuminations)
12/7 - QS BOG breakfast/ Chef Mickey's dinner (kiddos with gpa and dpa); V&A for DH and I
12/8 - Kona Cafe breakfast/ CP Via Napoli Dinner
12/9 - QS lunch/departure. :(

That is a great list! I've got quite a few of those restaurants on my list that I'd like to get.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter