***1st Week of December Thread ADR Plans, Park Hours, and dealing with Pop Warner***

Sarato
Just popping in to wish everyone a happy holiday weekend!!! I am about to arrive at my aunt and uncle's by Saratoga Springs, NY. Two weeks from now will be my second night at Saratoga Springs Resort in WDW! :rotfl:
Saratoga...that's where I was raised. Went to Burnt Hills High School in the southern part of Saratoga county. Have a super Thanksgiving!

That's such a great feeling! Everything seems to be falling into place! Yay, you!

I know it's such a small thing, but I was SO relieved when I found them!!

Hope everyone has a very happy thanksgiving with your friends and families :) such an exciting time !! Enjoy the next few days !
Ditto! In case you missed it, a few of us are going to be joining you at the Holiday Wishes Dessert Party! :banana:

oh thanks. I feel like such an idiot haha. I think I had so much trouble with it because my zip code has no uber and it wouldn't let me register beyond a certain point.
Register with your hotel info in Orlando. That should fix it :)

Happy thanksgiving to you Americans! The latest debate: renting a stroller for dd. She's 63 lbs and 49 inches tall. Dh is dead set against it (she hasn't used a stroller since she was 3) but I'm thinking it just might be so much easier. I've been dragging her slow butt to school and we are almost late every day and she complains about being tired etc.

Happy thanksgiving to you Americans! The latest debate: renting a stroller for dd. She's 63 lbs and 49 inches tall. Dh is dead set against it (she hasn't used a stroller since she was 3) but I'm thinking it just might be so much easier. I've been dragging her slow butt to school and we are almost late every day and she complains about being tired etc.
my kiddo was about the same size. I got him a stroller for $75 for the week from an offsite place (a jogger). We parked it and then did a whole land in MK or pavilion at Epcot or area at AK and when he was zonked he could be pushed from land to land. It made our vacation much more enjoyable. I wish I could get one for him now but they are only for special needs kids and he does not have those kinds of special needs. He is also older and has more stamina.

I felt the same way as your DH on our last trip when our DD was 6. It seemed crazy for a six year-old to need a stroller.......but I was wrong. We rented one of the in-park strollers from Disney (the big bulky plastic ones) on our 2nd park day because it became obvious we needed it and we used one every day after that. I wish I would have listened to my DW before that trip. Because we would have rented a better stroller from an offsite rental company that we would have been able to take outside the parks also.

This trip we're renting from Kingdom Strollers for our DS(2). DW picked it out so I'm not sure of the exact model. I want to say City Mini GT (is that one of them? IDK?).

Last edited:
Not sure this is the best place for this question, but I'm hoping you guys have some insight. We are doing MK on Dec. 4.
My kids/DH have never done rope drop because my DH is NOT a morning person and doesn't move quickly and my kids have never been ones to wake up before 8:00, even for school. However, this trip I REALLY want to try and get to rope drop.
I see there are Early Magic Mornings on this date so I'm wondering if it will be worth the effort to get all 5 of us up, ready and to the park in time for opening. Also, will they still do a morning show if there are Early Morning Magic hours?
Thank you for any advice

Hope everyone has a very happy thanksgiving with your friends and families :) such an exciting time !! Enjoy the next few days !
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family @rasadkowski! As @areno79 mentioned, we will be joining you at the dessert party on 12/8!
I think you should go for it. You can do what @Lisa F did and park by land. I think if your DD is tired walking to school, she would be tired after a few hours of walking. :) it's a small expense to save you some misery.

I want to be there NOW!!!

After planning for months the time has seemingly flew by, but I have a feeling the next 2 weeks are going to go so S.......L.......O.......W!!!!!
:hourglass
Lol! It seems slow but by the time you start packing it starts moving quickly! ;)

Omg, all full-sized too! One downside of solo traveling, no way I'm gonna be able to eat everything! But that cheese fondue WILL be mine! :rotfl:

Thanks to @Iowamomof4 for posting! I totally get you @DisneyBelle27 I think you need a family of 6 to split and try everything! Haha! DH and I will love to try our best but we have meals elsewhere too! Wish I had a second, third and fourth stomach for this!

Hi Friends. Since deciding on JBJB for Saturday, 12/3, I have to go back and cut some things from an AK touring plan that was originally going to end between 6 and 7pm. I have a FP to meet the "friends" at the Adventurers Outpost. We are also going to Tusker House for lunner. Do you think we need the Meet?
I'm going even if we're seeing Mickey at tusker (and a lot of other places). Lol! I like that it's the only place that Mickey and Minnie meet together and in their Christmas attire! :) I'm going with a 2 year old though so our touring consist more of no height requirements ;)

My daughter is big too (47 inches and over 50 lbs) and we're taking our double stroller so she can rest. We don't want to carry her! If we weren't driving and had room for the stroller we would have rented one for the week so goth kids could ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter