2 days @ US, where to eat?

BAD311

Earning My Ears
We'll be at US and IoA for 2 days in April. We were wondering what restaurants folks recommend we visit as we've never been. We're up for anything during lunch and looking for sit down experiences like most of the restaurants at Epcot during the evening.

Thanks all!

Mythos at Islands of Adventure is great. Their prize winning fillet is delicious and is the rosemary potato bread.

My other favourite place is actually at Portofino Bay Hotel. It is Sal's deli and they make delicious pizza at a really reasonable price.

You have several choices in Citywalk for evening (or even lunch) dining. Where to go depends on your own party's food preferences. We like Margaritaville best.

Are you looking to spend some time in the new Harry Potter area? If so, you might want to plan for a counter service meal at Three Broomsticks. If it's too crowded and you are game for counterservice for lunch Thunder Falls Terrace in Jurassic Park is good.

It'll be just the two of us. She loves fillet and salads, I love everything manly. We do not have kids so we can always walk around for an hour and come back to check on crowd levels.

More replies would be great! :)

At IOA we love Thunder Falls terrace for counter service and we had a couple of lovely lunches at Confisco Grill.

In Studios......Louie`s Pizza, Richter Burger for counter, and we just love Lombards Seafood for proper sit down style.......doesn`t just serve seafood :)

At Citywalk it`s Margaritaville every time for us......fantastic food with a great atmosphere and lush cocktails you just have to try :rolleyes1

Like NBA as well. But you will be spoilt for choice :thumbsup2

stay away from the drive in place (at US) ...looks cool from the outside but really dirty inside

At IOA we love Thunder Falls terrace for counter service and we had a couple of lovely lunches at Confisco Grill.

In Studios......Louie`s Pizza, Richter Burger for counter, and we just love Lombards Seafood for proper sit down style.......doesn`t just serve seafood :)

At Citywalk it`s Margaritaville every time for us......fantastic food with a great atmosphere and lush cocktails you just have to try :rolleyes1

Like NBA as well. But you will be spoilt for choice :thumbsup2
Hmmm Carole...all those recommendations sound vaguely familiar. ;)

stay away from the drive in place...looks cool from the outside but really dirty inside
I would not recommend Mel's either...not because of the cleanliness but the food has been hit or miss for me.

Lunch: IOA - Mythos; US - Finnegan's

Dinner: Citywalk - Margaritaville, The Latin Quarter, or Hard Rock Cafe.

Mornin All; The count down has begun 6 sleeps till FLO RIDA :cool1:

We r renting a car and will b at Universal for 4 days. We have done City Walk and will enjoy all the perks while we r there, but since this will b the first time we have a car, we are looking for some exploring after the parks close... for good food?

Any recommendations beyond our usual haunts at hotels, parks and City Walk? popcorn::

Any recommendations beyond our usual haunts at hotels, parks and City Walk? popcorn::
There's a great place right up the street from the resort called Bubbalou's. They serve delicious bbq and shouldn't be missed if you're a bbq fan. It's located in the Kirkman Oaks shopping center on the corner of Kirkman and Conroy Roads. It's about 10 minutes from the hotels.

Here is the website if you decide to venture out:

http://www.bubbalous.com/

There's a great place right up the street from the resort called Bubbalou's. They serve delicious bbq and shouldn't be missed if you're a bbq fan. It's located in the Kirkman Oaks shopping center on the corner of Kirkman and Conroy Roads. It's about 10 minutes from the hotels.

:worship: Mmmmmm I just saw menu. My mouth is watering... fried pickles and pulled pork mmmmmm. AND IN A SHOPPING CENTER? Dang you got my number. Thank you, thank you, thank you :hug:

:worship: Mmmmmm I just saw menu. My mouth is watering... fried pickles and pulled pork mmmmmm. AND IN A SHOPPING CENTER? Dang you got my number. Thank you, thank you, thank you :hug:
Trust me...you WON'T be disappointed if you decide to try them.

When we went in October we tried Mythos, Louie's, Hard Rock and Finnegan's. By far Finnegan's was the best of the three.

Mythos was okay. The prices were quite expensive though and the portions of some of the meals (salmon especially) were very small. The atmosphere was nice.

Louie's was gross when we went. Cafeteria type pizza in a cafeteria atmosphere. The pizza wasn't even hot and the tables were filthy. We would not go there again.

Hard Rock in CW was average. The service was extremely fast. The prices were very reasonable. I didn't care for the atmosphere, but some may like it.

Finnegan's was the best restaurant that we found. We loved the onion web, the chicken and salads were phenomenal and the prices were very reasonable. The portion sizes were huge and the atmosphere was crowded with live music. A little loud, but enjoyable.

Hmmm Carole...all those recommendations sound vaguely familiar. ;)

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :)

Totally agree.......this place is fantastic......one of best and cheapest meals of our trip. Planning to go back more than once this year. The ribs and chicken were the nicest I think I have ever eaten. Lovely friendly staff who were so welcoming when we said we had never been before.

sorry to the pp that had a disappointing time at Louie's.

i have been there regularly and haven't seen what you did.

the food there is so good.

i hit it every night during HHN...

sorry to the pp that had a disappointing time at Louie's.

i have been there regularly and haven't seen what you did.

the food there is so good.

i hit it every night during HHN...

Yes, Louie's is great during HHN!

During the day though, I prefer Finnegan's!

Mornin All; The count down has begun 6 sleeps till FLO RIDA :cool1:

We r renting a car and will b at Universal for 4 days. We have done City Walk and will enjoy all the perks while we r there, but since this will b the first time we have a car, we are looking for some exploring after the parks close... for good food?

my countdown is called by wake ups.......
i never sleep the night before a planned trip very well.

so i could say you have 5 more wakes ups before you head South......

Putting this is my notes, DH loves BBque. I learn so much here!:flower3:

At IOA:
Confisco Grill- I never understood Mythos. I was never impressed at all by their food. Confisco is a nice sit down place. Their food is good, and their prices really aren't too much higher than the counter service places. More here.
Three Broomsticks- It's the replacement for the Enchanted Oak Tree. They have British foods that I was completely unimpressed by, but you can get the chicken/rib/turkey leg platters that they sell all over property that are always good. Also, short lines for butterbeer in here.
Thunder Falls Terrace- They have the same chicken/rib/turkey leg platters as Three Broomsticks. Can't go wrong here, but the restaurant is often closed. More Here.

At the Studios:
Louie's- It pays to get whole pizzas here. Not the best, but decent for theme parks. More Here.
Monster's Cafe- Alright food. I've found it's hit or miss depending on how fresh the food is.

Avoid the burger places. Nothing good comes out of Universal's burgers or chicken sandwiches.

At Citywalk:
Jimmy Buffett's, Pastamore, Bubba Gumps, and Bob Marley's are all good. Avoid Hard Rock, NBA, or NASCAR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter