2 nights in DLP - Disneylsnd Hotel or Newport Bay

hubbard53

DIS Veteran
I know, I know, it's totally subjective... but i need opinions - a 10-15 minute walk doesnt bother us ... but we want to make sure the experience isn't totally different between the two hotels. My take from reading reviews is that neither hotel is especially great like what we'd expect at a Premium resort in Disney World, FL. . . so it seems it just comes down to distance to walk between park and hotel. I assume the walk is similar to the walk between, say, Universal Studios and Hard Rock Hotel in orlando... am i totally off base and NEED to stay at Disneyland Hotel to get the most out of our two days?

Disneyland Hotel
  1. Closest hotel to the parks, the entrance turnstiles are under the shop / restaurants section
  2. Premium priced hotel, would be the deluxe comparison in Walt Disney World
  3. Victorianana classic Disney theme
  4. Over priced for what you get. I have stayed in this hotel, got a free upgrade from another onsite hotel during the refurb season. The room was really nice and the convenience of being at the top of Main Street USA is amazing, but in all honestly, that what you are paying for. Also its the only onsite hotel with park views.

Newport Bay
  1. The largest hotel
  2. About 15 minutes walk to the park. The walk is around Lake Disney, past Sequoia Lodge Hotel and the new Marvel themed Hotel New York and then through Disney Village
  3. Moderate priced hotel, far lower room rate than Disneyland Hotel.
  4. Newport Beach Club theme
  5. As its a large hotel, some rooms may be a long walk from the lobby, shop and restaurant area. This hotel did not get good reviews in summer 2019.

Other things to consider
  • Unlike Walt Disney World, the hotels in Disneyland Paris are hotels not resorts. They dont have the same amenities and are mainly somewhere to sleep and somewhere for an evening meal.
  • There are 6 onsite hotels, various price points. IMO there is not need to stay at Disneyland Hotel. Both hotels have a pool. You can eat at Disneyland Hotel restaurants and drink at Disneyland Hotel bar and shop in Disneyland Hotel shop and take a rest break in Disneyland Hotel lobby, all without being a Disneyland Hotel guest.
  • The walk from Newport Bay Hotel, or Sequoia Lodge Hotel or the new Marvel Hotel New York is all on Disney property. All 3 hotels also have a free shuttle bus.
My choice would be Sequoia Lodge Hotel or depending on budget and when you are visiting, the new Marvel Hotel New York

I've read many of your posts, thank you :)

I guess i havent considered Sequioa Lodge so I will take a look. We are going in April so Marvel Hotel wont be open yet or else that would be our choice!

Another thing i like about Sequoia or Newport is that I can get Club level - not available at DLH. Does Club level include beer/wine or just coffee/tea/juice/soft drinks?

I've read many of your posts, thank you :)

I guess i havent considered Sequioa Lodge so I will take a look. We are going in April so Marvel Hotel wont be open yet or else that would be our choice!

Another thing i like about Sequoia or Newport is that I can get Club level - not available at DLH. Does Club level include beer/wine or just coffee/tea/juice/soft drinks?

I have also stayed at Sequoia Lodge and I would choose it again over Newport Bay. Its very similar theme to Grand Californian in Disneyland California. There is a main building, where the Club level rooms are. The main building also has some higher price standard rooms. The rest of the standard rooms are located in "lodges" which are 4 buildings at the back of the main building, inside corridors and stairs / elevator. The swimming pool is also in a separate building.

I have not stayed club level, but from reading trip reports this is what is included
  1. Separate check in desk
  2. Separate breakfast room
  3. Coffee/tea/juice/soft drink and afternoon snacks
  4. Hotel Fastpass
  5. In Sequoia Lodge, the rooms are in the main building, lake view

hmm, interestingly, the current special that includes half board is not available for Sequoia... we dont usually do meal plans so probably not a big deal

Will you do anything else in the hotel besides sleep and perhaps breakfast?
If you plan to make use of the hotel and the amenities there are, then go a bit more expensive. If all you need is a bed, go cheap.
Is the premium price worth 5 - 10 minutes extra of your time in the morning and the evening? If yes, then stay at the Disneyland Hotel.

I’m at Newport Bay now and based on my stay, and a visit to the Disneyland Hotel to walk around and get a drink at Fantasia Cafe, I wouldn’t pay the extra money to stay at DLH. Like what BadPinkTink said, these hotels aren’t like WDW resorts. We thought DLH looked like a cheap, run down version of the Grand Floridian.

I wanted to opt for Sequoia Lodge club room, which would’ve been a similar price to the Newport Bay standard room that were in, but it was sold out when we booked (last minute).

NPB has been a very easy walk to the parks (and Sequoia is a similar distance). You walk through Disney Village which makes the walk seem short. It’s about 5 minutes to Disney Village and another 5 minutes to the parks. It’s probably comparable, if not a little shorter, than walk from from Boardwalk to HS.

NPB is a big hotel so it’s true that you can be a bit far from the lobby. We’ve enjoyed our stay. The room is spacious and we loved the walk to the parks.

Last edited:

I’m at Newport Bay now and based on my stay, and a visit to the Disneyland Hotel to walk around and get a drink at Fantasia Cafe, I wouldn’t pay the extra money to stay at DLH. Like what BadPinkTink said, these hotels aren’t like WDW resorts. We thought DLH looked like a cheap, run down version of the Grand Floridian.

I wanted to opt for Sequoia Lodge club room, which would’ve been a similar price to the Newport Bay standard room that were in, but it was sold out when we booked (last minute).

NPB has been a very easy walk to the parks (and Sequoia is a similar distance). You walk through Disney Village which makes the walk seem short. It’s about 5 minutes to Disney Village and another 5 minutes to the parks. It’s probably comparable, if not a little shorter, than walk from from Boardwalk to HS.

NPB is a big hotel so it’s true that you can be a bit far from the lobby. We’ve enjoyed our stay. The room is spacious and we loved the walk to the parks.

great! thank you for the current & real-time perspective!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter