2 Poly Studios vs. 2br Copper Creek - Group of 6

Mardigras2025

Earning My Ears
Hi all! Trying to figure out where to stay with a group of 6. Two kids (6, 4), two in-laws, and mom and dad.

Our trip is March 2025 and our itinerary is one day in each park with an extra day at MK. 7 nights with one full rest day. Will probably do a nap/pool break each day, especially for the 4 year old. Considering spending a couple hours at the water park at check in, and outside restaurant ideas are topolino’s breakfast on check out day, boma breakfast, and maybe hoop Dee doo on break day dinner. Current plan is to do WDW one more time (maybe when the kids are 14 and 12).

Leaning towards wanting to stay at Poly with location and transportation benefits + theming and dole whips. We would get two studios in this scenario and hope that they can connect.

Alternatively, I think our best bet might be a two bedroom at copper creek. Lots of extra space, shared space, full kitchen, and laundry will all be nice. It seems like these two options are comparably priced. I am worried about transportation here and I am not sure about theming in March.

Also open to other ideas. GF Villas seems slightly out of our price range and style, but may consider. Art of animation for the kids and saving money, animal kingdom to save a little bit and have the animals but also worried about transportation, riviera might not be the most appealing to the kids. Probably want to save a beach or yacht club for a future visit when the kids are older.

The new poly tower seems like it would fit us well, but I am worried it will be more expensive than GF Villas and difficult to find a booking for March 2025.

Can the kids sleep in the same bed?

If so I would do the 2 bedroom copper creek.
This way parents can sleep in the one bedroom with kids and in-laws in the other bedroom. If not I would go with Poly.

Both resorts would allow for the kids to have their own bed but at CCV they would be in the living room and a bedroom unless they both slept in the bedroom and parents or in laws were in the living room instead. Neither would be ideal imo.

With littles you may actually take advantage of the kitchen as they can be very picky eaters and you could get some groceries delivered to you at CCV. You will certainly find the laundry useful as well.

I would pick the 2-bedroom at CCV. Three sleeping areas (2 bedrooms and living room), full kitchen and washer/dryer. Especially when DS was younger, I love having a full fridge and washer/dryer in our villa.
Thanks! Do you find it to be remote or “less Disney” and away from the action? Worried about the busses and even the boat to MK.

Can the kids sleep in the same bed?

If so I would do the 2 bedroom copper creek.
This way parents can sleep in the one bedroom with kids and in-laws in the other bedroom. If not I would go with Poly.

Both resorts would allow for the kids to have their own bed but at CCV they would be in the living room and a bedroom unless they both slept in the bedroom and parents or in laws were in the living room instead. Neither would be ideal imo.

With littles you may actually take advantage of the kitchen as they can be very picky eaters and you could get some groceries delivered to you at CCV. You will certainly find the laundry useful as well.
The kids often end up in bed with mom and dad… hoping they could be excited to sleep together or in the living room. The laundry will definitely be useful, I think the kitchen will be very useful as well (even though we are excited for the food).

Thanks! Do you find it to be remote or “less Disney” and away from the action? Worried about the busses and even the boat to MK.
You’ll enjoy the lodge. Friends with kids the same age as you just stayed there and the kids loved the boat ride.

It will be a little less foot traffic as people will stop by the Poly via the monorail but it is still busy.

Theme is different obviously but they are both great no matter the season you choose to visit.

You were asking about DVC Rooms earlier, are you DVC? If not I would not pay the cash rates. Use the one of the rentall (purposely misspelled to avoid link) companies such as the board’s sponsor or in the rent section of the disboards.

The kids often end up in bed with mom and dad… hoping they could be excited to sleep together or in the living room. The laundry will definitely be useful, I think the kitchen will be very useful as well (even though we are excited for the food).
If they are sleeping in the living room I would worry about waking them when mom and dad come back from a date night while the in laws put the kids to bed. Assuming they would help out :)

2bd all the way; a full kitchen and laundry are amazing to have, plus having a living room to hang out in, and separate sleeping areas are so good. WL is a wonderful resort and the boat to MK is quick and convenient.

We stayed at the Poly last summer and I don't need to go back there again; it's like a poor man's Aulani. Our room was nice, but it honestly felt a bit dark/drab. I guess our trip to Aulani spoiled us! 🤣🤪

You’ll enjoy the lodge. Friends with kids the same age as you just stayed there and the kids loved the boat ride.

It will be a little less foot traffic as people will stop by the Poly via the monorail but it is still busy.

Theme is different obviously but they are both great no matter the season you choose to visit.

You were asking about DVC Rooms earlier, are you DVC? If not I would not pay the cash rates. Use the one of the rentall (purposely misspelled to avoid link) companies such as the board’s sponsor or in the rent section of the disboards.
Yes, definitely planing to rennt pointys. Non-refundable options makes the decision tougher. And not sure if I need to make a decision by the 11 month mark. A part of me wonders if I can wait on more details about poly 2 bedrooms, but if they are cash only may not be worth the cost. I guess art of animation could be my fallback refundable option through Disney before I make a DVC decision…

We've never stayed at the Lodge, but we visit each Disney trip for the restaurants and a nice boat ride. It's plenty "Disney," from characters walking around the lobby, to the atmospheric immersion that makes you think you're a boat ride away from Frontierland (maybe because you are).

The bus stops a WL are a short walk from the CCV area of the resort. Some people think it's a detriment that you're not "on the monorail," but it's actually a blessing in some ways. You get a bus to Epcot, rather than having to change monorails at TTC to get there from a "monorail resort." If you just want to get to MK quicker (I find the boat ride magical but sometimes you do wait, and the dock is probably a farther walk than the bus stop from half the rooms), the MK bus is one right turn and one left turn away from MK (& vice-versa when you're coming home at night). It's quick.

And because you're so close to MK, it's easy to do a "resort hop" for Dole Whips on a non-park day. Sure, you'll have to go through a security line, but whether you boat or bus to MK, you can then boat or monorail over to Poly and enjoy that atmosphere too.

Yes, definitely planing to rennt pointys. Non-refundable options makes the decision tougher. And not sure if I need to make a decision by the 11 month mark. A part of me wonders if I can wait on more details about poly 2 bedrooms, but if they are cash only may not be worth the cost. I guess art of animation could be my fallback refundable option through Disney before I make a DVC decision…
All star music has family suites for cheaper than AoA but lacks the skyliner and is bus only.

I know you had concerns of transportation at AKL but if you could stomach it AKL Kidani has 3 bathrooms in the 2 bedroom. Kidani has a nice splash pad for the kids as well. You should be able to get that at 7 months out as well to pay the cheaper rental rate.

Some of third party sites do offer some sort of rental protection but obviously not as good as Disney’s.

All star music has family suites for cheaper than AoA but lacks the skyliner and is bus only.

I know you had concerns of transportation at AKL but if you could stomach it AKL Kidani has 3 bathrooms in the 2 bedroom. Kidani has a nice splash pad for the kids as well. You should be able to get that at 7 months out as well to pay the cheaper rental rate.

Some of third party sites do offer some sort of rental protection but obviously not as good as Disney’s.
Thank you! AKL is definitely on my list, just a little further down because of what I hear about transportation. It seems so much more reasonably priced though and I have heard great things about the pools, not to mention the restaurants and animals.

Yes it is a great resort that being said we always rent a car and only use the bus to go go to MK as if you drive you have to park at the TTC and then boat or monorail in while the bus drops you off near the entrance.

For your family, 2 Studios at Poly make the most sense.

It sounds like a great idea, everyone together in a two-bedroom, but I think the adults will enjoy a little time away from each other each night and morning. 7 days morning, noon, and night is a lot of time together, even for 3 generations of close families.

Poly puts you on a simple Monorail ride away from MK and Epcot, which covers 3 of your park days. This makes it easy to travel back and forth between park and hotel.

Wilderness Lodge is great but any Monorail resort puts you in the middle of all the action. You really feel like you’re in WDW Central when you stay at a Monorail resort.

Poly rooms have 3 sleeping surfaces, so the 6 and 4 year olds don’t have to share a bed, if they don’t want to.

The in-room laundry in a 2BR is great. If you are going to do multiple loads of laundry during the trip, then this might be a reason to do CCV instead.

Similarly, the kitchen is great if you plan to eat multiple meals in the room.

Ask yourself some questions. Are you really going to have lots of laundry to do? Are you really going to eat several meals in the room? If you answer no to both of these, then do 2 Studios at the Poly.

For your family, 2 Studios at Poly make the most sense.

It sounds like a great idea, everyone together in a two-bedroom, but I think the adults will enjoy a little time away from each other each night and morning. 7 days morning, noon, and night is a lot of time together, even for 3 generations of close families.

Poly puts you on a simple Monorail ride away from MK and Epcot, which covers 3 of your park days. This makes it easy to travel back and forth between park and hotel.

Wilderness Lodge is great but any Monorail resort puts you in the middle of all the action. You really feel like you’re in WDW Central when you stay at a Monorail resort.

Poly rooms have 3 sleeping surfaces, so the 6 and 4 year olds don’t have to share a bed, if they don’t want to.

The in-room laundry in a 2BR is great. If you are going to do multiple loads of laundry during the trip, then this might be a reason to do CCV instead.

Similarly, the kitchen is great if you plan to eat multiple meals in the room.

Ask yourself some questions. Are you really going to have lots of laundry to do? Are you really going to eat several meals in the room? If you answer no to both of these, then do 2 Studios at the Poly.
All dates in March are in the second to highest season so it will be the same if staying a Friday and Saturday night and 5 other days.

Just using these dates as an example, Check in March 9, Check out March 16 2025 7 nights.

The cost is exactly the same assuming a Standard view and not the lake view.

Poly Standard Studio 181 points x 2 = 362
Copper Creek Two Bedroom points = 362

When factoring in 2 Poly Studios it is the exact same cost.
So it comes down to location and your comfort at that point in time.

Poly is in the action and is very busy and has a great location.
Copper Creek, Boulder Ridge and WL are more laid back and are still close to the MK.

Someone earlier mentioned to get to Epcot from Poly they had to transfer from the Resort Monorail to the Epcot Monorail at the TTC. While that is true, the DVC buildings are so close that if staying at Poly I would just walk to the TTC and get on the Epcot line without transferring.

As I stated earlier if they need a separate sleeping surface I would recommend Poly. However assuming at the Poly you were wanting connecting rooms and if the kids can share a bed I believe the 2 bedroom makes more sense as it puts a living room in between sleeping arrangements so you are not next door to one another.

Regardless if you use the kitchen or laundry (Trust me with littles, you will use it!!) you will have the extra space to spread out and not waking up people during naps or when getting back from Extra Evening hours/Date night.

WL is one of the best themed resorts in WDW, IMHO. I never found the boat to be inconvenient - it's a lovely ride, IMHO. The one downside to the buses is folding a stroller, but with the children being outnumbered with 4 adults to help, I think it is worth the hassle to be in a 2-bedroom. With 7 nights in WDW with two little ones, being a little off the beaten path may be welcome. Poly can feel very chaotic and crowded, IMHO. You really can't go wrong with either choice!

All dates in March are in the second to highest season so it will be the same if staying a Friday and Saturday night and 5 other days.

Just using these dates as an example, Check in March 9, Check out March 16 2025 7 nights.

Copper Creek, Boulder Ridge and WL are more laid back and are still close to the MK.

Someone earlier mentioned to get to Epcot from Poly they had to transfer from the Resort Monorail to the Epcot Monorail at the TTC. While that is true, the DVC buildings are so close that if staying at Poly I would just walk to the TTC and get on the Epcot line without transferring.

As I stated earlier if they need a separate sleeping surface I would recommend Poly. However assuming at the Poly you were wanting connecting rooms and if the kids can share a bed I believe the 2 bedroom makes more sense as it puts a living room in between sleeping arrangements so you are not next door to one another.

Regardless if you use the kitchen or laundry (Trust me with littles, you will use it!!) you will have the extra space to spread out and not waking up people during naps or when getting back from Extra Evening hours/Date night.
We’ve done WDW with children ages 3 to 6 - never used the laundry and never used the kitchen. Mileage will vary on this. Certainly, there are families that eat in the room every day. Really, this depends on how much you simply use the room as a place to shower and sleep, which many families do.

Getting back to the room for a nap for the little ones is important. I’ve done the boat to WL many times. Not the fastest way to travel. If you just miss a boat, the wait for the next boat can be a long time. The Monorail arrives much more consistently in the afternoon. The Poly has the edge here.

As you note, better to walk from the Poly (especially the DVC rooms) to the Transportation and Ticket Center and catch the Monorail from there. When traveling to Epcot, it’s a waste of time and effort to get the Monorail from the Poly station.

Always a good idea for the adults to take an afternoon nap too. WDW can be an exhausting day, especially if you are out early and back in the room late.

Again, a 2BR makes sense based on how much a specific family will use the laundry and kitchen. This varies from family to family. Some view these as essential, while others have no intention of doing laundry or eating in the room while on vacation. Only the OP knows how much these matter to them.

The similar price makes it difficult - location/transport/fireworks/tropical theming vs. space/room amenities. I know we would use the kitchen, even if just for prep or quick breakfasts. Maybe a home cooked meal one night if we are tired of eating out. And the laundry would probably get used as well, if our normal vacations to Hilton head are any indication. But we might be able to make do with kitchenettes if needed, pack enough clothes, or use the community laundry. I do think having the kids sleep in a separate room would be nice at bedtime or naps for the younger one, still having the living room, kitchen and balcony to hang out in or come back from extended hours, bar, pool, dinner without disturbing the kids. Although I’m sure we will want to get to bed somewhat early ourselves for the early rise.

The Poly lobby is busy and loud.

The Poly DVC rooms are off the beaten path and quiet, especially the Standard View rooms that look inward towards the courtyard.

At night, you can watch the MK fireworks from the beach.

Both Poly and WL have great pools. The main pools at both are busy during the day and loud.

The quiet pools at both are much less hectic. But these both get crowded as well in the afternoon.

It can be challenging to find lounge chairs at all 4 pools during the busiest part of the day (afternoon).

IMO, the pools at Poly and WL are comparable to each other. Neither is clearly better than the other. From a pool perspective, you’ll be happy with either Poly or WL. However, the Poly’s main pool has a better splash area for younger children.

The food courts at both are weak. Generally, the larger food courts at the Values have more options.

We loving eating outside at the WL’s Geyser Point when the weather is nice. March weather can be hit or miss in terms of temperature. We’ve experienced gorgeous evenings, and evenings when a jacket definitely was needed.

The Poly has Trader Sams. This bar is fun but, in my opinion, not worth the hour plus wait. Also, it’s adults only in the evening so not something you can take your 6 and 4 year old to. As I recall, the outdoor patio at Trader Sams serves all ages and is much easier to get a table at.

Poly has Dole Whip. It’s open most of the day and night.

The Table Service restaurants at the two are comparable, but for breakfast, I’d give the edge to WL’s Wispering Canyon.

The stores at both Poly and WL are good.

We’ve done WDW with children ages 3 to 6 - never used the laundry and never used the kitchen. Mileage will vary on this. Certainly, there are families that eat in the room every day.
The kitchen has value beyond full meals (for us at least) - we never cook a real meal (unless you count microwave breakfast sandwiches or frozen pizza) but the full size fridge is great for snacks, beverages, and the freezer. The full kitchen also gives real plates etc, an oven, and a dishwasher. For reference we travel as 2 or 3 adults.

We usually stay 8-9 nights so the in room washer and dryer are clutch.

Also with poly studios there’s no guarantee they’ll be connected right?

I’d get a 2 br for the laundry, kitchen, and so there’s not a risk of being split up over 2 buildings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter