2 Poly Studios vs. 2br Copper Creek - Group of 6

We usually stay 8-9 nights so the in room washer and dryer are clutch.

Also with poly studios there’s no guarantee they’ll be connected right?

I’d get a 2 br for the laundry, kitchen, and so there’s not a risk of being split up over 2 buildings.
Very good point about being in a separate longhouse than the in-laws!! I doubt that would happen but it could happen and the rooms not connecting is a definite possibility.

Yes, definitely planing to rennt pointys. Non-refundable options makes the decision tougher. And not sure if I need to make a decision by the 11 month mark. A part of me wonders if I can wait on more details about poly 2 bedrooms, but if they are cash only may not be worth the cost. I guess art of animation could be my fallback refundable option through Disney before I make a DVC decision…
You do need to make a decision by the 11 month mark. Standard Poly will be more difficult for consecutive nights at 7 months as well as CCV. And finding an owner with that many points who is trying to rent.

You do need to make a decision by the 11 month mark. Standard Poly will be more difficult for consecutive nights at 7 months as well as CCV. And finding an owner with that many points who is trying to rent.
I would disagree with 11 months for Poly as there 288 out of the standard studios if you were to say Lake then yes.
Copper creek has a run on studios so I would think you would be ok on the 2 bedroom units as well.

Your last statement I certainly agree with, Finding an owner willing to part with that many points.

I wouldnt worry about the busses too much at the two choices you mentioned. Poly has the edge for convenience with the monorail, but the Wilderness Lodge is just so amazing in a 2 bedroom. I’d pick the two bdrm with breakfast and lunch in the villa. It makes everything so much easier when you take resting time. Dining is a real time spend, more than busses.

I would disagree with 11 months for Poly as there 288 out of the standard studios if you were to say Lake then yes.
Copper creek has a run on studios so I would think you would be ok on the 2 bedroom units as well.

Your last statement I certainly agree with, Finding an owner willing to part with that many points.
I rented points at 11 months for the Poly and paid a premium price for them. At exactly the 7 month mark I checked availability for either a standard or lake view and neither were available for more than 2 nights. And this is for a quiet time of year, the OP wants 8-9 nights. If Poly is the choice, I would not wait for the 7 month mark, especially spring break season. There is no availability for more than 3 nights for anything at CCV at the 7 month mark, either. I have a reservation there after the Poly and was looking to possibly upgrade. Nothing for points, cash studios, yes.

I rented points at 11 months for the Poly and paid a premium price for them. At exactly the 7 month mark I checked availability for either a standard or lake view and neither were available for more than 2 nights. And this is for a quiet time of year, the OP wants 8-9 nights. If Poly is the choice, I would not wait for the 7 month mark, especially spring break season. There is no availability for more than 3 nights for anything at CCV at the 7 month mark, either. I have a reservation there after the Poly and was looking to possibly upgrade. Nothing for points, cash studios, yes.
This is very helpful, thank you. I knew I needed to decide if we wanted to go GF Villas, but assumed I might be able to do 7 months for Poly studios or copper creek. Was hoping that would give me more time to make a decision or learn more about the new 2 bedrooms.

Are you a DVC Member? That would be the only way to actually check availability at the 7 month mark at 8 am EST that I know of.

Obviously none of us can predict the future and yes it can be risky but I believe the OP would be able to get them if they ended up wanting Poly.

CCV dedicated 2 bedroom has several days right now at 7 months before the Columbus day holiday and plenty of dates during MNSSHP will be including on Halloween.

March does not have any holiday's (Unless you are counting St. Patty's day) and Spring Break is scattered throughout the country.

Are you a DVC Member? That would be the only way to actually check availability at the 7 month mark at 8 am EST that I know of.

Obviously none of us can predict the future and yes it can be risky but I believe the OP would be able to get them if they ended up wanting Poly.

CCV dedicated 2 bedroom has several days right now at 7 months before the Columbus day holiday and plenty of dates during MNSSHP will be including on Halloween.

March does not have any holiday's (Unless you are counting St. Patty's day) and Spring Break is scattered throughout the country.
I was able to check actual availability and I am more than well aware of how it works. Member no, can I check actual, yes. Spring break is the entire month of March, depending on where you reside. Both college and elementary/high school breaks. Yes, there is availability, but not for 8-9 consecutive nights. And for two Poly studios, even more difficult at 7 months. Not saying impossible, but not likely. If the OP wants to secure the room(s) at either the Poly or CCV, it's best to do it at the 11 month mark or as close as possible and not wait until 7 months. If it were OKW or SSR, different story (though 8-9 nights could still be a challenge).

Spring break is the entire month of March, depending on where you reside. Both college and elementary/high school breaks.
I'm sorry you didn't understand my statement about no real holidays in March and that spring break is scattered across the month depending on where you live. i.e. it will be busy but not to the extent of when a 3 day weekend is, a race weekend or other holiday's and hence there should be availability.

Should the OP lock down plans at 11 months for a guaranteed stay at the resort of their choosing? If they can afford the premium I would say to absolutely do it. However the trends show that both accommodations are bookable at 7 months out which is why I would wait myself.

That being said I also have the advantage of going in at 8 am and booking it myself whereas someone renting points has to rely on someone else to do it.

I check by logging into the member website. Just because I’m not an owner doesn’t mean I don’t have access…And you are correct, as far as I am aware, the rental sites do not have true real time availability. And I’m sorry you don’t understand, as I never said they did. Plus, the dates you are looking at are for July, not March, which is when the OP plans to stay. And what you found appears to be for one night, which I did state would be possible- though it is for Riviera. Again, as in my post you are quoting, I state it would be difficult at 7 months to get 8-9 consecutive nights at the Poly.
Thanks all for the feedback again. I’m thinking just 7 nights (considered 8, but not sure it’s necessary). I wasn’t aware that longer stretches of consecutive nights were more difficult, so that is good to know. I have my fingers crossed that spring break will be a little spread out next year with Easter later in April. I actually compiled a list of all of the largest school districts and when their 2025 spring breaks fall… and we may be somewhat lucky. But I’ll still prepare for the worst.

I check by logging into the member website. Just because I’m not an owner doesn’t mean I don’t have access…And you are correct, as far as I am aware, the rental sites do not have true real time availability. And I’m sorry you don’t understand, as I never said they did. Plus, the dates you are looking at are for July, not March, which is when the OP plans to stay. And what you found appears to be for one night, which I did state would be possible- though it is for Riviera. Again, as in my post you are quoting, I state it would be difficult at 7 months to get 8-9 consecutive nights at the Poly.
You would have to be a member or an associate member to login unless you have someone else’s membership information which is not supposed to be shared.

I only used RIV as an example of availability of available on the actual DVC site compared to something else that claims to show availability. I obviously couldn’t use March for Dates as that is not 11 months out.

I again stated if the OP could afford the premium to book at 11 months but the trends do show for both two bedroom at CCV or studios at PVB you should be able to book them 7 months out.

Hopefully OP will make the best decision for their family and have a great trip.

You would have to be a member or an associate member to login unless you have someone else’s membership information which is not supposed to be shared.

I only used RIV as an example of availability of available on the actual DVC site compared to something else that claims to show availability. I obviously couldn’t use March for Dates as that is not 11 months out.

I again stated if the OP could afford the premium to book at 11 months but the trends do show for both two bedroom at CCV or studios at PVB you should be able to book them 7 months out.

Hopefully OP will make the best decision for their family and have a great trip.
Winner, winner, chicken dinner! And yes, we both agree that we want the OP to have a great vacation. Let’s end it on that! 🕊️

Thanks all for the feedback again. I’m thinking just 7 nights (considered 8, but not sure it’s necessary). I wasn’t aware that longer stretches of consecutive nights were more difficult, so that is good to know. I have my fingers crossed that spring break will be a little spread out next year with Easter later in April. I actually compiled a list of all of the largest school districts and when their 2025 spring breaks fall… and we may be somewhat lucky. But I’ll still prepare for the worst.
It could work out for you! You could even do a split stay between two different resorts, experience both the Poly and the WL (what we are actually doing in the fall). Fingers crossed for you!

Contrary to what was mentioned above, March for DVC is not a high demand time. DVC's high demand season is late Sep to marathon weekend in Jan. During that time, it can be hard to get anything at 7-months out other than SSR, OKW, and Kidani (and even those fill at times during that fall season before 7-months out. For March 2023, Poly standard view studios were open at 7-months out for all days in March. For 2024, a couple days in the last week of March disappeared before 7-months out -- Easter is March 31. CCV is a different story. Studios and 2BRs can sometimes be missing a couple days a week for any given week in March before 7-months out, although they are usually easy to get even at 10 months out.

If you are still considering Poly, be aware that if you get two studios and request that they be connecting, chances of that happening are very high. Every studio at Poly, except two, connects to another studio. It is the only existing WDW DVC resort that has connecting studios.

Be aware that the CCV 2BRs are among the smaller DVC 2BRs at WDW. The only ones smaller are the value 2BRs at AKV Jambo. AKV Kidani 2BRs are among the larger 2BRs and have 3 bathrooms; likewise BLT. If you are considering CCV, you might also want to check Boulder Ridge --at the same overall resort, WL, but just a separate building from the main WL building. and it has somewhat larger rooms than CCV for a like point cost.

Contrary to what was mentioned above, March for DVC is not a high demand time. DVC's high demand season is late Sep to marathon weekend in Jan. During that time, it can be hard to get anything at 7-months out other than SSR, OKW, and Kidani (and even those fill at times during that fall season before 7-months out. For March 2023, Poly standard view studios were open at 7-months out for all days in March. For 2024, a couple days in the last week of March disappeared before 7-months out -- Easter is March 31. CCV is a different story. Studios and 2BRs can sometimes be missing a couple days a week for any given week in March before 7-months out, although they are usually easy to get even at 10 months out.

If you are still considering Poly, be aware that if you get two studios and request that they be connecting, chances of that happening are very high. Every studio at Poly, except two, connects to another studio. It is the only existing WDW DVC resort that has connecting studios.

Be aware that the CCV 2BRs are among the smaller DVC 2BRs at WDW. The only ones smaller are the value 2BRs at AKV Jambo. AKV Kidani 2BRs are among the larger 2BRs and have 3 bathrooms; likewise BLT. If you are considering CCV, you might also want to check Boulder Ridge --at the same overall resort, WL, but just a separate building from the main WL building. and it has somewhat larger rooms than CCV for a like point cost.
Yes Boulder Ridge would actually be 9 points less for a week and the rooms were recently remodelled.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the Resort Studios in BPK at VGF were connecting as well?

Yes Boulder Ridge would actually be 9 points less for a week and the rooms were recently remodelled.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the Resort Studios in BPK at VGF were connecting as well?
Yes, I forgot about that new one, although I think I have seen mention that there are some that are not connecting.

I have deleted several post. We do not allow anyone to post real time availability from the DVc website, especially in a thread that is discussing rentals.

I was able to check actual availability and I am more than well aware of how it works. Member no, can I check actual, yes. Spring break is the entire month of March, depending on where you reside. Both college and elementary/high school breaks. Yes, there is availability, but not for 8-9 consecutive nights. And for two Poly studios, even more difficult at 7 months. Not saying impossible, but not likely. If the OP wants to secure the room(s) at either the Poly or CCV, it's best to do it at the 11 month mark or as close as possible and not wait until 7 months. If it were OKW or SSR, different story (though 8-9 nights could still be a challenge).

How can you check real-time availability if you aren't a DVC member? Before I was a member, I was never able to.

As for the OP - I think you can't go wrong with either choice. It really comes down to what is most important to you. At Poly, there's no guarantee that you will get 2 rooms next to each other. So if that's high up on importance, I'd go with CCV. What's nice about the layout of the 2 BR (just based on pics/floor plan...I've never stayed in one)...is that the bedrooms are on opposite sides but then you still have that common area in the middle for everyone.

And obviously if you think you might want a kitchen or laundry...go with CCV.

How can you check real-time availability if you aren't a DVC member? Before I was a member, I was never able to.

As for the OP - I think you can't go wrong with either choice. It really comes down to what is most important to you. At Poly, there's no guarantee that you will get 2 rooms next to each other. So if that's high up on importance, I'd go with CCV. What's nice about the layout of the 2 BR (just based on pics/floor plan...I've never stayed in one)...is that the bedrooms are on opposite sides but then you still have that common area in the middle for everyone.

And obviously if you think you might want a kitchen or laundry...go with CCV.

Sounds like they are either an associate on someone’s membership..which means they can access the site…

Or, a DVC owner gave them their credentials to get in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter