20050709 North East US DISMeet July 2005 - Allentown PA

Knoebel's is a great amusement park...no admission fee...just pay as you go or get the all day pass which is really reasonable and the park has lots of shade and places to sit. Food is very reasonably priced also. I don't think that it could be 2-3 hours from Allentown though...it is only a few exits past Bloomsburg.

Originally posted by Sarah'sMomfrom PA
Knoebel's is a great amusement park...no admission fee...just pay as you go or get the all day pass which is really reasonable and the park has lots of shade and places to sit. Food is very reasonably priced also. I don't think that it could be 2-3 hours from Allentown though...it is only a few exits past Bloomsburg.

Yeah it about 2 hours. I have been there before. Allentown is in Rte 22/78 area whereas Knobels is off Rte 80.

Knoebels is great!! I love some of those those classic rides!!

Anyone trying to sign up for the mailing list and having a problem? I show there are 30 people on the list and it appears to be working fine. Please let me know if it isn't working.

Thanks everyone. I should have some more great info for you all in the next few days.

Why don't you all spread the word and get more people interested?

Thanks!

Fred

Fred- I tried to sign on and got a refusal so I'll try again later. Meanwhile we my DH and I are definately in. Since we are only about 8 minutes or less from LVIA (Lehigh Valley International Airport) we are already basically on site. Which hotel interested you? There are a fair number of all sorts in the area now.
Do let me know if there is any info you would like or need. The middle to the end of June sometimes is difficult with graduations. And August is Musicfest. The rest of the summers are usually not very busy. Estelle :earsgirl::earsboy:

I tried to sign up for the e-mail list and it wouldn't let me. :( Talked to DH and he said he's in too.:D

Hi Everyone,
I've enjoyed reading all about your plans to meet. I'm very new to the Disboards. I had no idea there are so many of you Disney Crazies out there!
Can I invite myself to your Allentown meet ? Like some of you, I too live in Allentown area. My family of 5 is planning our first cruise (East bound repo in Aug 2005).
Besides crashing your party at Dorney, I have a few questions about DVC. I'd like to know how it works and can I apply the cost of our cruise to it? Is it a time share or something? Can anyone share?
Thanks,
Carla(wife to Manny and mama' to 3 princessas 7,9 and 11)

Originally posted by YrMajesty3
Hi Everyone,
I've enjoyed reading all about your plans to meet. I'm very new to the Disboards. I had no idea there are so many of you Disney Crazies out there!
Can I invite myself to your Allentown meet ? Like some of you, I too live in Allentown area. My family of 5 is planning our first cruise (East bound repo in Aug 2005).
Besides crashing your party at Dorney, I have a few questions about DVC. I'd like to know how it works and can I apply the cost of our cruise to it? Is it a time share or something? Can anyone share?
Thanks,

First of WELCOME to the DIS Family!!! My DW, DD, and I also have ressies for the August 2005 repo cruise.

You can use DVC points to cruise, as that's how we paid for our two cruises so far. Although from what I've been reading here on the boards, it might be difficult to use points for the repo cruises since they have sold out so fast. We are paying cash for the repo cruise. DVC is a timeshare. We joined DVC a few years ago, but because of health issues, we recently sold our DVC points, it was a sad day in our house, but it was something that needed to be done.

Looking forward to meeting you and more fellow DIS'ers in June 2005 at the DISmeet!!!

Andy

Originally posted by YrMajesty3
Hi Everyone,
Thanks,

Hello Carla,
welcome to the crazy disboards-famliy!! I am from Easton PA, not far from you, my grandparents used to live in Coopersburg before they passed away 2 years ago.
My family and i are going on the East Repo Cruise also... My 11 daughter has a e mail disney pen pal going on with 4 other 11 year old girls and are getting to know one another before the next cruise....Perhaps your DD will like to join in...

Look for my PM...
Melinda

I tried too. Our email is pntaylor123@att.net.

Carla, we're close to you too. We also are on the repo. cruise. You should come over to the cruise meets board and visit the thread for that cruise. Can't miss us we're usually in the top 10 or so. And we're known as the Ship of Fools.

Estelle

I just tried to sign up and it told me I would get an email to activate the mailing list to accept me (something like that) and I never got the email.....here is my email addy:
StaceyA4444@aol.com ;)

Im not sure I can make it, but would like to be added to the list just incase!

Ok mailing list is canned for now. Having a huge problem with it and I don't have time to debug. Sorry for the trouble everyone. As soon as I get something working again I will post it here.

Fred

Not trying to be difficult but can we please keep discussions related to the topic of this thread?

Hope nobody takes it the wrong way.

Thanks,

Fred

Hey Fred....glad it wasn't just ME not getting the e-mails....I was beginning to take it personally!! LOL!!!

but not glad that you are having problems with your network.

anyway, can't wait to hear more details on the Dis Meet!!!

Bobbi

Originally posted by StaceyA
Im not sure I can make it, but would like to be added to the list just incase!

Just talked to my DH today about it and he said it sounds good to him....I will keep checking this thread for updates!!

Thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter