2006 - Present : Food Pics with Chat

Never put in my November trip photos! Part 1 is alllll Cowfish!!!

Tropical Storm roll at Cowfish. Spouse gave it rave reviews and he never raves about ANYTHING

The Boss roll at Cowfish. Spouse said this was good but not quuuuiiiite as good as the Tropical Storm.

All American Cheeseburgeroshi! Pretty good! Too much ketchup/may/mustard sauce.

High Class Hillbilly! Now this I would travel to eat again!!! Delicious!

Custom virgin juice drink my server made for me! I don't do alcohol and I'm always jealous of cute drinks so when he brought this out I nearly cried. I just asked for some juice and he asked if he could whip something up custom! Was very passion fruit and lime-y!

Monkfish at Vivo! Spouse enjoyed this though he said he'd not try monkfish again purely because of texture. It's kind of bouncy, like beef fat. Taste was delicious but texture put him off. Everything else on the plate sauce and all he loved!

Beef shortrib and risotto at Vivo! Delicious! So tender! Risotto had a good saffron flavor. Also in the background our mushroom gratin starter that we did not get photos of, we were starved and it was delicious! Warm, creamy, a parm crust on it! I would go back for that! If you love alfredo and mushrooms this is decadent!

Now the bad...
Inedible risotto from Toothsome. That was the most I could stomach. It was two bites from me and one from the spouse when he didn't believe me on how bad it was. Garlic and minute rice flavor with precooked chicken strips. I wasn't even going to take a photo, hence the bites, but it was so terrible I wanted evidence XD

Speaking of so terrible we wanted evidence, the spouse's Flounder Almandine. Was supposed to be seared but it was battered and had a crunchy coating. Covered in burnt almonds that were a dark color and enough butter to cover a movie theatre popcorn. No hint of lemon or herbs, just butter. He had a pool on the bottom of the plate and ate this ONLY because we'd been waiting two hours for our food at this point and we were starved. I wish I'd gotten better pics but it was our first day, we'd been trapped on a flight and stood in line an hour past our reservation as the system kept saying we were no shows... it took them three times of the system setting us as no shows while we stood near the podium before they seated us. I should have considered that an omen.

Strong Water Bar

Curried Goat

i-MNZHhzV-X2.jpg

Mardi Gras Food Kiosks
Nashville Chicken

Chicken Biscuit With Red-Eye Gravy $12.99

D36A5B67-E9DD-4D2E-BCE4-214DBF9624DE.jpeg

This was pretty good. The chicken was hot and fresh but not spicy at all. The biscuit was cold and heavy. I ate everything so it obviously wasn’t too bad. The slaw was fairly basic but added a nice fresh touch to a heavy dish.

More from Mardi Gras!

Blackened Chicken Poboy (New Orleans Planet Mardi Gras)
1F5E4AA4-9327-4D23-9B7C-67B1F9C3A659.jpeg
I thought this was really good. It was nicely seasoned and not too spicy. Everything, including the bread and tomatoes, was very fresh. The chips were a little over-seasoned for me but I’m not a fan of Zapp’s Cajun Crawtaters.

Conch Fritters (Floribbean)

8AEAA6C6-C71A-47A2-9608-31C7B8E8531C.jpeg

C2D1D48D-BF24-476D-A4DA-55A7EA051C53.jpeg
These had a great flavor and were served hot and crispy. The conch was a little chewy in places but, overall, I enjoyed this. It’s a large portion, I couldn’t finish mine.

Last edited:
Mardi Gras Kiosks

Guido’s Gelato
Tomato Basil Arancini
FDE0D919-1EA3-4370-A6DA-DAFCC957C651.jpeg

Meatball Garlic Pressed Slider
93BEFF2F-B4E2-4FB7-8ED7-A6949E93BA55.jpeg

Service here was incredibly slow. I only had two couples ahead of me but it took 20 minutes to get my food.

Both were nicely seasoned and piping hot. The slider was very tasty, one of my favorites of the trip.

Fusion: Machine Planet
Mardi
Gras Bubble Waffle
This was cool and sweet. The waffle is a true waffle, not a waffle cone. It was hot out and this turned into a mess quickly.
645E1B2B-53A9-49E7-A9B8-901094900EEC.jpeg

Attachments

• 023A6D16-C2DB-4202-997D-051AD9381DC7.jpeg
    023A6D16-C2DB-4202-997D-051AD9381DC7.jpeg
    68.7 KB · Views: 9
How was this? Did you enjoy dinner there? It is the only place we have reserved for an upcoming trip.
I was glad that I tried it, but would not order the tuna sandwich again. It was fine, not great. We've been to Toothsome's twice, and it's such a fun atmosphere, and the desserts are the stars.
My husband really loved his prime rib sandwich, my daughter enjoyed her flatbread, My son's cheeseburger, not so much, but I know it was because he found it underdone. It was a LOT pinker than the other ones he'd been ordering. I think we all liked the fries. I like having options for sandwiches/lighter options.
we were actually too full this trip to order a dessert, so maybe share an entree, or plan to have leftovers, to save room or one of the milkshakes.
service was pretty slow too. We were just doing lunch, and kinda needed to go, so if not in a hurry, may not be a big deal
We'll likely go back, but will keep expectations in check. it's very good, but not great.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter