2007 International Food & Wine Festival (Marketplace Booth Details Now Available!)

mickeysaver

<font color=blue>WINNER of the world's worst limer
Well, I must put a shout out to my fellow DIS'er PatriciaH, you totally rocked on the details....AGAIN! See the details on the International Marketplaces, if you have missed the post that PatriciaH made! Let it be known that a little DIS'er broke the news before the major websites did! It's so nice to have connections! ;)

AllEarsNet.com has all the details on the Culinary and Wine programs and pay events.

For a full menu of the foods and adult beverages being served around the WS at the International Marketplace Booths, check out AllEarsNet.com.

The official Disney link for the F&W Fest has lots more nifty details.....I am particuarly looking forward to the Oklahoma and Dominican Republic exhibits. Official Disney F&W Website

I just looked at the WDW official website listings and noticed this HUGE change in policies from prior years!!!!!!!

"Event cost is charged in full at time of booking. Changes/refunds are not allowed. Non-transferable. Must attend on the event day and time booked. "

The event cost being charged in full at time of booking is not new, but according to this notation -- anything you book is NON-REFUNDABLE!!!!! There is no cancellation window this year. Ouch!!

I guess everyone booking events during the reservation rush on Monday morning will be darned sure it's what they want. However, that also says to me that there can't be waitlists for events once they fill to capacity. :(

Happy planning everyone! Maggie

Based on previous years I'd say Disney will release the program info in another week and then the prices a week or two after that. I hate not being able to put our October dining plans to rest until this information is released - it drives me crazy!

I also don't understand why they pushed the reservation date back to August 6th - that's just what they need... a bunch of crazed Food & Winies clogging the phone lines at 7PM EST on a Monday morning. :eek:

We've noticed the date for booking events seems to get pushed back another week every year. Last year, events booked about July 31. The year before that, July 24. The year before that about July 17 and before that, around July 12 or so. And, at one time bookings opened right around July 4th. I joked to DH last night that if they keep pushing the booking date back, we'll end up with a situation where the Festival is over before the bookings start!

My husband and I actually called yesterday and the cast member said the events were being put into the system and we spoke but he didn't have any other info.
:rolleyes1
We are not so patiently waiting!

I was thinking of posting the same question this morning.
It's driving me crazy. We're travelling with a lot of family that probably won't want to do all the F&W things with us so we're really having a hard time trying to make plans.

at least i am not the only one that is going nuts checking every day for any info about the festival it really is putting a kink in all my hard planning :lmao: but the info will eventually be out of that i am pretty sure:scared:

You're not alone!:) I start getting fixated on Wine and Food Fest Offerings about mid-June, even though I know the details will not be offered until July. This year with the bookings not being until Aug., the waiting is driving me crazy! I'm a planner and not even knowing what events I need to choose from is pure torture.

It's driving me crazy. We're travelling with a lot of family that probably won't want to do all the F&W things with us so we're really having a hard time trying to make plans.

That's the same position I'm in. We already know our other family members won't do PftS, but the Food & Wine in Balance programs & Signature dinners may or may not be interesting to some of the family. I want to squeeze in a Wine School if at all possible. Since I have to meet the needs of 3 different generations, it'd be nice to have a couple days to make plans that fit everyone :rolleyes:

Another not so patiently waiting Foodie / Wino .....

According to allears.net, August 6th is when reservations will begin for F&W events. The concerts are already listed on the WDW website.

Michele

I'm waiting for this info as well. Party for the Senses should stay on Saturday though, right? And Sweet Sundays "has" to stay on Sunday, otherwise they'd have to change the name. As long as those two stay where they've been scheduled my plans should be okay.

In an email from a Disney employee associated with the Food and Wine event I was told the following:

"Reservations open on Monday, August 6th, 7:00 a.m. by calling 407-WDW-FEST.
We will have the festival programming available on the Disney Website on August 3rd.
We will no longer be sending via post the programming information."

I hope this helps.

I found this posted on another board. I am not a very happy camper right now. The longer that I have to wait to work in special events at the F&W Festival, the more impossible it becomes to move around our ADR's. I really wish that Disney would give us more planning notice than 3 short days! Maggie

Egad. Three days to plan?? That's what I call short notice.
I'm hoping the event info will leak here like it usually does, before Aug 3!

That has to be when they are putting it into the reservation computers there is no way that they would only give you three days to decide that kind of thing:scared1: am sure it will be before that i remember it being out a few weeks before reservations were opened in order to give people time to plan things lets hope that it gets leaked out before the friday before reservations hit

OMG:scared1:
Only a weekend to make decisions for ourselves and then ask the other family members to decide??? Not fun!!

AND---
I'm still busting to see who will be the performer for the weekend of Oct 20 & 21st. Still says "TBD":confused:

You would think that they would have all of this nailed down by now. I am certainly hoping that they can resolve all of their issues and get the information out to the guests sooner than August 3rd.

Maybe they have made a last minute change to the theme of this year's event from "Tastefully Inspired" to "Event: Impossible" featuring Chef Robert Irvine from the Food Network! :rotfl: Maggie

Add me to the list of the waiting...

I can't finalize my dining plans until they come out and I'm not liking it.

I just find it frustrating that the candlelight precessional packages are already out and some are completly booked and they have not even announced the events for a a festival that happens two months before that. I remember last year not being able to do the candle light stuff till october if I am not mistaken just starting to get nervous is all

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter