2010/2011 Armed Forces Salute Tickets

I hope that isn't always the case. My mom got our tickets last week at our local AF base. My dad has passed away & she has a DD form 1173. She got 6 tickets for the 6 of us going. I didn't see anything on the website about her only being able to get 5 tickets. This is what I read:

No more than twelve (12) Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets may be purchased, activated and/or used by any Eligible Service Member or spouse during the life of this promotion, and no Eligible Service Member or spouse may purchase, activate and/or use more than six (6) Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets during any single week of the promotion. One (1) of the Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets purchased on each occasion must be for use by the Eligible Service Member or spouse. This offer is for active or retired members of the U.S. military, including the National Guard, Reservists and the U.S. Coast Guard.

Please let me know if this is correct or not. We are leaving in 4 days & I'm getting a little nervous now.

that is the official wording from Disney's website, and basically I would print that out if and take it with you. I read that, on Disney's own website, and I say you are correct - a spouse CAN activate all 6 if the service member is not there.

Does anyone have any idea if they will extend this past September?

No official word yet... however today when they announced dates/prices of MVMCP I noticed they will be discounting for military members "who are eligible for the Armed Forces Salute tickets". Sounds pretty good to me since MVMCP isn't until November and the armed forces salute is supposedly ending in September.....
I think they will extend the promotion but who knows when it will be officially announced.

No official word yet... however today when they announced dates/prices of MVMCP I noticed they will be discounting for military members "who are eligible for the Armed Forces Salute tickets". Sounds pretty good to me since MVMCP isn't until November and the armed forces salute is supposedly ending in September.....
I think they will extend the promotion but who knows when it will be officially announced.

I noticed that, too. I was hoping that was a good sign!

No, the spouse is only allowed 5 including theirs, the sixth one has to be for the service member.

Is there any proof of this what's so ever?
In the past we used six without he actual member and disneys site does not say spouse can on.y get five, it says six as well
Where the debate comes from is an internal memo saying othwrwise

In the past we used six without he actual member and disneys site does not say spouse can on.y get five, it says six as well

You know, I have no idea, I am sure I read it somewhere or someone told me that, I just can't remember. It doesn't apply to us anyway, it's just DH and myself, so I really am only sure of the rules that apply to us. But I know I have read it somewhere.

keep in mind that the TOTAL allotment is 12.. so a spouse may activate up to 10 over the lifetime of the promotion( to date)

there may be some confusion as to how the MILITARY is advertising the promo.. whether at SG, MWR or ITT as well.

but our MWR/ITT has always been explicitly clear: a spouse may only activate 5 at a time

but like a PP its just us 2 and I won't vacation with family so I never really cared about that particular restriction.

keep in mind that the TOTAL allotment is 12.. so a spouse may activate up to 10 over the lifetime of the promotion( to date)

there may be some confusion as to how the MILITARY is advertising the promo.. whether at SG, MWR or ITT as well.

but our MWR/ITT has always been explicitly clear: a spouse may only activate 5 at a time

but like a PP its just us 2 and I won't vacation with family so I never really cared about that particular restriction.

what was posted above was a DIRECT post from Disney's website:
http://bookwdw.reservations.disney....romotionCode=fy11military&market=fy11military

It doesn't matter what the MWR or ITT says, it's what Disney says.

When we were at Disney buying the tickets with my mother-in-law (spouse of deceased military), we were allowed to buy five for us, the 6th was for her. We have done this three times now. She also purchased one time from the base nearby.

When we were at Disney buying the tickets with my mother-in-law (spouse of deceased military), we were allowed to buy five for us, the 6th was for her. We have done this three times now. She also purchased one time from the base nearby.

This is our case & it's very reassuring! Thanks for clearing it up! Maybe it is different since my dad & your MILs spouse are deceased.

I know I have seen, heard, read it more than once that the spouse could only activate 5, I just can't remember where. And isn't it up to the Military how the promotion works, not Disney? I know I read that somewhere as well.

I don't necessarily listen to MWR, as ours doesn't seem to know how alot of things work with Disney, but they are new.

Yeah, we don't normally vacation with family either (since my mom passed away), but we have a few tickets still available to us, so we are taking my in-laws in June.

I went alone as the spouse with my 2 sons. I activated 6 tickets, 2 for each of us, with no problem. I did print out the rules from Disney's own website and was prepared to argue my case that I was entitled to 6 tickets......but it wasn't necessary.

regards

I never listen to our local ITT, since they really don't understand these tickets half as well as we do! After using them for the last three years, my conclusion is it all depends on who you get at the ticket booth as to how well things go or don't go. This shouldn't be, but it is. Some CEs practically want blood if you're buying tickets for people who aren't there and make you feel like you're doing something wrong by buying the tickets as allowed, while others just ask for the basic info and you're on your way in no time. We've had every possible combination of CEs over the past three years. When in doubt, alwaysask. If you're refused something you KNOW is okay, go to a different CE or ask for a supervisor. We've had to do this in the past.

Bottom line--it never hurts to ask. I would certainly ask to activate all 6. If someone refused me, I'd activate 5 and go to another CEto activate the last one.

This is our case & it's very reassuring! Thanks for clearing it up! Maybe it is different since my dad & your MILs spouse are deceased.

Perhaps it is. But we didn't have any problems at all. I don't think you will either. Good luck, and have a great trip!

Here's hoping that they extend the offer past September so that we can go again! :)

When we went in December, we activated 6 at one time...four for our family, (1 each for me, DH (retired military), and 2 sons), and two for my in-laws. You can buy 12 tickets within the promotion period, but only activate up to six at a time.....as posted by Disney in the above link.

I asked at the ITT office at Keesler AFB last week and they haven't heard anything yet.

But keeping fingers crossed nonetheless.

In the information posts I did about the discounted MNSSHP and MVMCP for convenience I just said the rules for who can purchase the tickets are the same as for Armed Forces Salute tickets. It was a lot easier than going into all the sordid details about eligibility.

In the information posts I did about the discounted MNSSHP and MVMCP for convenience I just said the rules for who can purchase the tickets are the same as for Armed Forces Salute tickets. It was a lot easier than going into all the sordid details about eligibility.

Thank you for the clarification.... still hoping that the Armed Forces Salute is extended.

Can anyone help me out really quick? We will be in WDW tomorrow. We already purchased our armed forces salute tickets from our local base. If we are planning to go to Epcot the first day, can we get them activated when we get to that park or do we need to do that somewhere else? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter