• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2010 Yacht and Beach Club FAQ, Part II---Inactive Thread--- Please do not post here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW this thread moves fast!

Great job on the new pages, Natebenma! It looks wonderful!

So glad to see the picture of the DIS meet! It is neat to put screen names to faces.

Happy to see all the great trips people have had recently. Hope those going soon have safe travels and wonderful trips!

School started here today so I am up to my neck in papers that need signing. :headache: Fortunately, all my kids had good days. I hope that continues!

I couldn't see the picture of the proposed Y and B design, but think it sounds really neat! When I was there in May, I found myself looking around and wondering if anyone near me was someone on the DIS, so it would be nice to have a pin or something.

I just wanted to add that we really enjoyed our Captain's Grille breakfast! I have it booked again for our Dec. trip. It was very quiet and calm after the hubub of the parks for a week. We also enjoyed that you can either order off the menu or have the buffet. It was nice to have a choice.

RE the health club: I try to use it every morning during our trips, but sometimes have missed a day. The front desk can give you the access card you need to get in when it is not staffed. (I'm not exactly sure, but I think CMs are there from 7-8 or so.) I always go early while DH stays w/the kids and then we switch. I like it alot, but it can get busy if there is a convention at YC. I usually go around 6 or 6:30AM and haven't had a problem, but DH has needed to wait for a machine when he went at 7 or 7:30. It just depends. There is a hot tub, sauna, and changing rooms/showers/lockers.

Sorry for the ramblings. Hope everyone going soon has magical trips!

I know Teena said earlier in this thread that all the beds at Beach Club are now queen size ... But is that the same at Yacht Club? We really need the bigger beds (like myself, husband and son will all end up in one most nights). Is there a chance we'd end up with two fulls in a club level room?

I also talked to a cast member last night that confirmed what TeenaS has said. There are NO more double beds at BC except in the PS. I told him the Disney website still had double beds in the description, he checked it while on the phone with me to confirm, and forwarded a message to the 'web people' that it needed to be changed asap!

Clearly I need more time with the computer. I don't know how people can whip these things up so fast, and have them look so good.

I agree: drop the year. That way, we can re-use it. If a button-style, one could Sharpie pen the year on it.
Incorporating all 3 logos also sounds good.

yeah, I don't know how she does it so fast. She is working on the revisions as we type. I think she took down the one in her photobucket account to revise that is why you can't see it.

Also, I am President of our PTA at the kids school (no, I don't sleep :lmao:) and one of our vendors gave me I think 500 button blanks (like the celebrate buttons they give you at WDW). If we can agree on the template, I will print and create about 50-75 buttons and UPS to Teena (if she is willing to be "the keeper of the buttons." ) This way when someone from the thread comes, she can either leave one at the front desk for them or arrange to give it to them in person. What do you think? Initial start up cost-nothing.

I LOVE DISNEY COFEE!!

Where can we go get coffee in the morning at YC? We loved the Riverside Mill Food Court and POR for our morning coffee last year.

I just love how wonderful this thread is! Every day when I come to read the new posts (and man alive this thread move quickly!) I get more and more and more excited for our trip! For years I've wanted to stay at YC or BC but always end up somewhere else for whatever reason. We originally had our honeymoon booked for BC but changed it to BWI which I still regret to this day! So now a dream come for this trip!

Here are my questions -

I'd love to here some ideas for my DS's first birthday. We arrive on 11/2 and his birthday is on 11/5. I have a breakfast ADR at Cape May and Lunch at Crystal Palace. I know I can order a cake at either restaurant, but I would love to have a special cake and balloons for him outside a restaurant setting so we don't feel rushed. Would it be better for something delivered to our room so we could have a little party? I am not even sure where to begin to look for info on cakes and anything to go with it. Any ideas??

My second question is about the spa. I am interest in the massages specifically. What types do the offer? I've tried to search but have only found general information and I'd love to see some photos of the inside of the spa if there are any out there. Also, is there a price sheet and full list of services somewhere too?

Third - I want to make sure I read this. Can my 3yo DD can use one of those swim rings for SAB? Its one of those little ones that fit around her. These are ok right?

Here's my last question - are there bounce back offers all the time? I am hoping so because we want to take advantage of Teena's great advice to book it so you don't lose it even if plans change in the end!

TIA!:lovestruc

yeah, I don't know how she does it so fast. She is working on the revisions as we type. I think she took down the one in her photobucket account to revise that is why you can't see it.

Also, I am President of our PTA at the kids school (no, I don't sleep :lmao:) and one of our vendors gave me I think 500 button blanks (like the celebrate buttons they give you at WDW). If we can agree on the template, I will print and create about 50-75 buttons and UPS to Teena (if she is willing to be "the keeper of the buttons." ) This way when someone from the thread comes, she can either leave one at the front desk for them or arrange to give it to them in person. What do you think? Initial start up cost-nothing.

I could definitely keep them at home and when I'm notified in advance that someone is checking in, I could put them in envelopes and have them at the front desk. Disers could then pick them up when they check in. I'd get in trouble if I "gave them out" while I was working. When you're ready, send me a PM and I'll reply with my home address for mailing purposes. Remember, I only work two days a week and do tend to travel alot (retirement is so great) so it would be best if I could have 3 weeks notice from people that are arriving.

Do you think everybody in the family would wear them or just the grown-ups? I'm only asking because if everybody in the family wants them, we'd probably need lots more than 50-75. As I said before, I'd love to contribute $ to pay for some of the cost and I'm sure others would contribute also. Can you purchase more from the vendor if whole families want them?

I LOVE DISNEY COFEE!!

Where can we go get coffee in the morning at YC? We loved the Riverside Mill Food Court and POR for our morning coffee last year.

You are absolutely the only person I have ever heard that loves Disney's coffee (Nescafe). I get complaints all the time about the coffee. Even on the Disney cruise ships. I'm not a coffee drinker but my hubby is and OMG, as soon as the ship docks in any port, he's off and running to the first Starbucks he can find.

You just made my day ... at least now I can tell all the complainers, "gee, I'm surprised you don't like it ... a guest just told me how much they loved it."

Anyway, to answer your question about Disney coffee at the YC, they have it in the lobby area, over against the wall near the concierge desk ... there is a little bar type area that has breakfast items in the morning. At the BC, they have the Marketplace. And the rooms all have coffee makers.

Teena, we are looking forward to meeting you when we come to the USA next month. I don't think you will be a BC when we are there though 9/29 to 10/3, but we will be at YC from 10/3 to 10/13 (had to move as we really wanted a water view and there were none available at BC) so we will pop in and say Hi.

I am just wondering why the YC is the "dark side" though? Is it because of the darker wood/lobby or are there ghosts or something to make it the dark side :rotfl2:

I have seen the "dark side" mentioned and have wondered what that means. I hope we don't need to be afraid :lmao:

You just made my day ... at least now I can tell all the complainers, "gee, I'm surprised you don't like it ... a guest just told me how much they loved it."

Anyway, to answer your question about Disney coffee at the YC, they have it in the lobby area, over against the wall near the concierge desk ... there is a little bar type area that has breakfast items in the morning. At the BC, they have the Marketplace. And the rooms all have coffee makers.

WOW it is Nescafe? How did I not know this? I am a coffee addict and love it (can't stand Starbucks) so Disney makes at least one die hard coffee lover happy ;)

BTW - As I am sure you can tell....I went ahead and switched to the YC. The anxiety of not knowing if I'd get a full balcony was too much for me LOL - So now we have a water view room at the YC and the only request is a higher floor!

You are absolutely the only person I have ever heard that loves Disney's coffee (Nescafe). I get complaints all the time about the coffee. Even on the Disney cruise ships. I'm not a coffee drinker but my hubby is and OMG, as soon as the ship docks in any port, he's off and running to the first Starbucks he can find.

About the coffee and BC marketplace, my husband and I take turns running down to fill the refill mugs at 6:30am each morning (even though the rest of the Marketplace isn't open, they have the refill stations open then.) At other WDW resorts, I'd let him go every morning. At BC, we have to take turns because we both love doing the coffee run. It's so peaceful in the morning, and fun to see the fellow "coffee runners!" So even if someone is on the YC side, it's such a nice walk to Marketplace early in the morning.

Thanks, again to janloz and Teena for the Y&BC button effort!!! I'd love one for my plaid Mickey backpack! (Although we just returned, so our next arrival day isn't until February 7.)

We checked in to the YC today. Arrived about 2p and checked in. I knew the room would not be ready since last I looked most Disney hotels were booked solid. No problem, went to the pool and was notified by text at about 315p that the room was ready.Had booked just a standard view this time. We were able to get a great bounce back rate from our stay last month and figured no need to splurge on anything but a standard view. Only request was wedding gazebo. Guess what room we got? 4150 3 doors down from last time. 4th floor is great too since there is no light on all night on the balcony like on the 5th floor. Room is great, very clean. View is better than before as we can see more of the lake and boardwalk. SAB was great as usual and again no trouble finding seats. Everyone was being checked for their room key too.
Had dinner at Cape May Cafe. while it was good, it was better when we ate here before. Yachtman's and Captains Grille seemed packed along with Beaches and Cream. Lots of folks waiting to be seated. Went back out to the pool and hardly anyone there. Will post more tomorrow.

Teena, we are looking forward to meeting you when we come to the USA next month. I don't think you will be a BC when we are there though 9/29 to 10/3, but we will be at YC from 10/3 to 10/13 (had to move as we really wanted a water view and there were none available at BC) so we will pop in and say Hi.

I am just wondering why the YC is the "dark side" though? Is it because of the darker wood/lobby or are there ghosts or something to make it the dark side :rotfl2:

I have seen the "dark side" mentioned and have wondered what that means. I hope we don't need to be afraid :lmao:

I look forward to meeting you ... I'll be back to work on October 10th.

We call it the dark side only because of the dark woods in the lobby. When you spend all day in the light airy lobby of the BC and then walk over into the quiet serene dark woods of the YC, it feels so different. I started calling it the "dark side" when once in a while they would schedule me over there. You'll see what I mean when you get to both resorts. They are right next to each other. I really dislike working at the YC ... not enough going on. You'll see, the lobby is so quiet and serene, nothing like the BC. I would be bored out of my head and I'd keep moaning to the managers to not ever schedule me on the dark side.

If I might make a suggestion. After you check into the BC, about 5 days before you have to move to the YC, if you really would prefer to stay over at the BC, just go down and ask to speak to Missy (one of the front desk managers who is in charge of the room inventory). Her normal days off are Sunday and Monday. Tell her that you really would like to stay where you are but when you made your reservations, the BC was not available to stay in for the length of your stay and that you have to move to the YC. Something may have opened up and if you wanted to, she might be able to keep you at the BC. Never hurts to ask and if it is possible, she's the one that can make it happen. You can tell her Teena told you to talk to her. If for some reason she's on vacation or something, then ask to speak to Ken or Melanie.

We will be staying 9/4-9/11!!

It is a huge family vacation! There will be 17 of us...Well 18 if you include the baby in my belly!!:cool1:

WOW it is Nescafe? How did I not know this? I am a coffee addict and love it (can't stand Starbucks) so Disney makes at least one die hard coffee lover happy ;)

BTW - As I am sure you can tell....I went ahead and switched to the YC. The anxiety of not knowing if I'd get a full balcony was too much for me LOL - So now we have a water view room at the YC and the only request is a higher floor!

I don't know this for a fact, but I was told Nescafe was owned by Coke. And of course Disney has a contract with Coke to sell only Coke products. That would explain the coffee situation. However, I'm an iced tea addict and I love Nestea so although Bob is an unhappy camper with the Nescafe coffee, I'm a happy camper with the Nestea.

Here are my questions -

Third - I want to make sure I read this. Can my 3yo DD can use one of those swim rings for SAB? Its one of those little ones that fit around her. These are ok right?

TIA!:lovestruc

In July, I specifically asked a lifeguard what was allowed from home at SAB, because there was a lot of confusion.

I was told that for adults, you could rent a float or use a noodle from home or purchased at the gift shop. NO outside floats for adults.

I was told that rings that surround a child were permissable, as long as an adult was in arms reach.

I only asked the opinion of one lifeguard, and I suppose that what is allowed could change based on crowd conditions (but this was July), but I think you would be okay bringing a ring.

In July, I specifically asked a lifeguard what was allowed from home at SAB, because there was a lot of confusion.

I was told that for adults, you could rent a float or use a noodle from home or purchased at the gift shop. NO outside floats for adults.

I was told that rings that surround a child were permissable, as long as an adult was in arms reach.

I only asked the opinion of one lifeguard, and I suppose that what is allowed could change based on crowd conditions (but this was July), but I think you would be okay bringing a ring.

We were at BC end of July, I used a swim ring for my DS4...the first day we brought it the lifeguard said he could not use it...my BIL went and talked to him and he said as long as we were right with him we could use it. That was on our first day and noone said anything the rest of the week. We did bring noodles from home and that was fine:goodvibes

Thanks for posting the picture! The DIS meet was so much fun. It was nice to finally have a face to put with the screen name. Now - you just have to change that screen name - hmmm how about LovingtheBC?

Hi Robyn! Glad you like the DIS Meet photo! I hear ya about my screen name! I think Teena would like me to change it too...lol...I remember sometime during our vacation I mentioned my screen name again (she meets so many of us I can't imagine keeping track) and she made a face (not a bad one, but one that meant, oh...that place...it was funny!). Well 5 years ago (yes our last trip was that long ago) was our first stay at WL and while we loved it, we loved BC much more! It will not be another 5 years before we go back.

Kerry

Here is the latest graphic for the BC/YC pin. She wasn't happy about having to "tweek" it so hopefully everyone likes it.

BC-YC-DIS1-2.jpg

If so, I can create the pins this weekend and UPS to Teena.

If we can agree on the template, I will print and create about 50-75 buttons and UPS to Teena (if she is willing to be "the keeper of the buttons." ) This way when someone from the thread comes, she can either leave one at the front desk for them or arrange to give it to them in person.

Janloz, thank you. I would be willing to contribute towards the cost if needed. Teena, I think it's great that you would be willing to distribute them. I would think the DISer would be the one who would want it and that one would be enough per family so a supply of 50-75 would last a while. I hope they are available when I arrive on November 29 for my stay on the "dark side" because I will display it proudly!

CBurek, I hope you have a really MAGICAL vacation. Sounds like it's gotten off to a good start.

And Teena, I have never been a "picky" coffee drinker. What ever Disney is putting out is fine with me. I'll even drink Starbucks if it's the only thing around, as happens many times at convention hotels that I go to.

Here is the latest graphic for the BC/YC pin. She wasn't happy about having to "tweek" it so hopefully everyone likes it.

BC-YC-DIS1-2.jpg

If so, I can create the pins this weekend and UPS to Teena.

Looks awesome to me. Will alsos be willing to contribute (as long as I can get one!)

Thanks so much, and thanks to the creative DISer who put this together!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter