• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2010 Yacht and Beach Club FAQ, Part II---Inactive Thread--- Please do not post here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if they still do s'mores at the campfire or is it just marshmellows? Also, can you still bring your own noodle for SAB?Lori

It has been reported by more than one DISer here that the s'mores are gone at the campfire (Teena suggests all write letters in protest to try to get them reinstated). Apparently you can't even buy them at Marketplace. Marshmellows are available.

Noodles are okay, your own innertubes are not okay as has been frequently reported, verified, and confirmed by many of the DISers here.

Can someone name the places I can get REAL coffee at BC/YC? PLEASE tell me that the CL lounge has real coffee. If not, can I buy real coffee in the gift shop or market at the resort to brew myself in my room?

I guess you have to define "real" coffee. Disney has it's Nescafe' brand (a Nestle' susidiary). If you want Starbucks or something else, you better bring your own or walk over to the D/S hotels. I personally can drink any kind of coffee if it is made available. I've even forced myself to drink Starbucks when it is the only one around.

Current list of Sept DISers at YC/BC/BCV

mom_rules BC Sept 2nd-Sept 7th
mechteach YC Sept 3rd-Sept 6th
lmgaddis YC Sept 3rd-Sept 6th
LargoLori BCV Sept 4th-Sept 6th
ibela BC Sept 3rd-Sept 7th
LizEN BC Sept 4th-Sept 11th
DoleWhipMom BC Sept 4th-Sept 11th
littlelulu33 BC Sept 4th-Sept 12th
wvdislover BC Sept 4th-18th
WAWDWLUVER BCV Sept 6 & 7th the BWV until Sept 20th
gone2disney BC CL Sept 8th-14th
derricksonb BCV Sept 7th-Sept 12th
I Run Long BCV Sept 8th-Sept 22nd
DisneyKara BCV Sept 10th-Sept 17th
Janloz BC CL Sept 11th-19th
focusondisney YC Sept 15th-Sept 18th
seamama71 BCV Sept 15th-Sept 20th
runskyhy BC Sept 18th-?
jlhay YC Sept 19th-Sept 23rd
DT83097 YC Sept 21st-Sept 26th
fterie4u BC Sept 22nd-Sept 29th
cindydare BC Sept 25th-Oct 1st
momof3cuteboys BC 9/25-10/3
aussietravellers BC Sept 29th-Oct3rd & YC Oct 3rd-13th

Anyone else?
hmm don'tknow what happened.at One time we were on the list.

17 of us coming to the BC! Sept 4-11th!:cool1:

I guess you have to define "real" coffee. Disney has it's Nescafe' brand (a Nestle' susidiary). If you want Starbucks or something else, you better bring your own or walk over to the D/S hotels. I personally can drink any kind of coffee if it is made available. I've even forced myself to drink Starbucks when it is the only one around.

I can drink any coffee as well....as long as it is fresh brewed!:goodvibes
Nescafe is instant - I don't know what that is - but it ain't real coffee!:scared1:

It has been reported by more than one DISer here that the s'mores are gone at the campfire (Teena suggests all write letters in protest to try to get them reinstated). Apparently you can't even buy them at Marketplace. Marshmellows are available.

Noodles are okay, your own innertubes are not okay as has been frequently reported, verified, and confirmed by many of the DISers here.

Thanks Katesdad!!!

I read on the sticky thread about CS breakfast at the Epcot resorts, that you can get a continental breakfast at the Ale & Compass lounge...is that the same as the room service continental breakfast? And does it take 1 CS credit?

no idea if it is the same as room service but yes, you can get continental there (and espresso) and it is one CS credit.

I can't wait for our stay at the YC in less than a week! We finally told the kids yesterday, and they are over the moon! In doing my rough planning for the visit, though, I have a couple of questions for all of you YC/BC experts about the transportation at the resorts:

1) I see that the FAQ says that walking to Epcot takes 5-10 min, and that walking to HS takes "a bit longer." Can anyone give me an estimate how long the walk takes? 15 min? 20 min? 30 min?

2) We are going to the morning EMH at HS our first morning there, so HS is opening at 8 am. What times do the boats start running to go to HS, and how long does the boat ride last?

3) MK opens at 9 am while we are there. What time do the buses start heading over to MK? We also have a CP reservation for 8:10 for one of those mornings. Are there buses that start early enough for that time, or will we need to take a cab?

Thank you so much to anyone that can help with these questions!! :goodvibes

WS we found to be 5-10 depending on who was with us (walking speed)

HS walk seemed more like 15-20 to me but again, it would depend on the walking speed and this was back to BW Bakery for lunch before heading to the YC which made it a little shorter. We really loved that walk, very pretty! The boat is about the same time wise, just depends on how long you have to wait for the boat. Plus if there is lightening, no boats so it's walk, or bus.

We caught a bus at 7:40 I think for 8am EMH at MK. Not sure how early they come on a non EMH day.

Can someone name the places I can get REAL coffee at BC/YC? PLEASE tell me that the CL lounge has real coffee. If not, can I buy real coffee in the gift shop or market at the resort to brew myself in my room?

You can get espresso at the Ale and Compass and have them make it as an Americano. Though we did pack, and brew our own in the room, this was a nice alternative a couple of times and quite tasty! I would just pack coffee and filters. You will need the #4 (I think) flat bottom filters. Just be aware, at least on the YC side our in room brewer was the slowest thing ever. It took, and I timed it one day, 17 minutes to brew a pot of coffee! A tiny pot! I think it was the brewer, at WL it seemed to take more like 10 minutes. Just something to factor in if 2 of you want coffee out of it before an early morning and you are trying to get out of the room. That second pot just may not happen! :rotfl:

hmm don'tknow what happened.at One time we were on the list.

17 of us coming to the BC! Sept 4-11th!:cool1:

Sorry, I know I put you on it.

lilmomma00 BC Sept 4th-Sept 11th
runskyhy BC Sept 18th-?

Any one else??

BC Marketplace definitely sells coffee grounds that you could buy to brew coffee in your room. They also sell coffee filters but I suspect those might be for the coffee makers in the villas (I had ordered coffee grounds from garden grocer but forgot to order filters so we had to buy them from Marketplace). We stayed in the villas and they have Mr. Coffee 12 cup coffee makers (we used it daily!).

Amanda

My BC/YC pin was a big success! Lots of positive comments!
I left the envelopes with the pins at the front desk. Janet - I left the extra pins for you with some $$$ for the shipping. Thank you again!
I really cannot emphasize enough what a wonderful and magical trip we had. Sad to be home again but planning another trip to BC next August. The Bounceback offer for next August was free dining which doesn't interest us. I hope that during our January trip (which is still at the Poly despite Teena's advice ;) ) we can get a room-discount Bounceback so we can go back to BCV.

Amanda

Made my third, and hopefully final, adjustment to my B-Day trip...we will be giving the BC a whirl. We love, love, love the YC, but I just could not justify the extra cost for a water view room (only option available for my dates) so we have a GV at the BC instead! What a mess to get to this, but there it is! LOL! I guess 8 nites at the happy place is worth it, right? :)

eandesmom~ LOVE that avatar!!! That might be the BEST one I have ever seen!!! I am a bonafide book nerd....book lover just doesnt quite cover it...voracious reader is closer...but whatever!!!!! LOL

Sorry, I know I put you on it.

lilmomma00 BC Sept 4th-Sept 11th
runskyhy BC Sept 18th-?

Any one else??

Yes we will be staying at the BC Sept 18th -Sept 25th
its my youngest sons 2nd birthday trip and 1st to Disney!

Appologies for incorrect spelling, let's see how we are doing:

TiggerFan3590 BC 11/30 - 12/07
Counselormom BC 12/03 – 12/11
Diseverestfan BC 12/04 – 12/11
Ilovejsparrow BC 12/12 – 12-18
Katesdad YC 11/29 – 12/04
Sophie832 YC 12/02 – 12/12
Pamelasu1 YC 12/08 – 12/13
Alisaheather YC 12/09 – 12/15
Coopersmom YC CL 12/09 – 12/15
BLTLDZ YC 12/12 – 12/17
Arkansan YC CL 12/16 – 12/21
Cocoabean YC CL 12/10 - 12/19

Any more want to add in?

I just added our name for December- 104 days and counting

Cocoabean YC CL 12/10 - 12/19

I have a change to mine.....I am now staying at BC before we move over to YC. Couldn't get one resort on the room only discount for the whole stay, so we have 5 nights at BC and 5 nights at YC! BC 12/3-8; YC 12/8-13

Thanks!

I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed both of my stays at the BC and YC during the last two summers. Last night I spent the night at the Grand Californian at the DLR. This was my first time staying at the DLR as I live about 30 minutes away. (We won a package to see World of Color from out cable company and decided to treat the kids to one last hurrah before school starts).

Frankly, GC was just okay - not "great" (and certainly not worth the $$$ IMHO). The decor is a bit on the dark side for me. The room did not seem nearly as light and airy. Also, found tons of food crumbs under the bed - seems mousekeeping does not run its vacuums under the bed. (I guess that can happen anywhere, though).

SAB at YC/BC is not comparable to the pool at the GC. Yes, the loungers are padded at the GC, but no zero entry pool and not really a great play area for kids.

Don't get me wrong - GC is a beautiful hotel and would stay there again if priced right, I just seem to like the ambiance of YC and BC better. GC doesn't even have a greeter like Teena!!

Just checking in. The classroom is ready for the kids tomorrow ... well, almost ready. We'll head in around 5:30 AM to finish up some last minute details.

Had two good sessions in the tournament and one lousy one. It's all luck ... no skill involved. So, I ended up finishing in the last dollar bracket ... a small cash prize ... enough to pay for breakfast tomorrow morning.

The Michael Buble concert was unbelievable. I've attended many concerts in my life and I have to say this was by far the best. He is unbelievable ... quite the entertainer and very funny and witty.

The temperatures cooled down today ... it is finally under 100 during the day and it was beautiful today (although still too dry for me).

I miss Bob, the kitties and the BC!! This week will fly by I'm sure. Really looking forward to meeting all the kids tomorrow!

Wow, thank you, everyone, for your help with the transportation questions! That really helps with my planning!

I have a change to mine.....I am now staying at BC before we move over to YC. Couldn't get one resort on the room only discount for the whole stay, so we have 5 nights at BC and 5 nights at YC! BC 12/3-8;YC 12/8-13Thanks!

Thanks Pam. The list is growing and we stilll have three months left.

TiggerFan3590 BC 11/30 - 12/07
Liltoot BC 12/01 – 12/05
Counselormom BC 12/03 – 12/11
Pamelasu1 BC 12/03 – 12/08
Diseverestfan BC 12/04 – 12/11
Ilovejsparrow BC 12/12 – 12-18
Katesdad YC 11/29 – 12/04
Sophie832 YC 12/02 – 12/12
Pamelasu1 YC 12/08 – 12/13
Alisaheather YC 12/09 – 12/15
Coopersmom YC CL 12/09 – 12/15
Cocoabean1 YC CL 12/10 – 12/19
BLTLDZ YC 12/12 – 12/17
Arkansan YC CL 12/16 – 12/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter