2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ ~ March, April and May ~Do Not Post Here-Old Thread

Thanks so much for the tips on making reservations and cancelling them if need be. I guess I just need to watch out for the restaurants that still charge for cancelling?

Additional opinions needed:
Day 1 (after our long drive from PA)--Should we plan to go to a park or stay at the hotel?
We will be staying at the YC for 6 nights/7 days...should we get a 6day park hopper or a 7 day? I am thinking a 6 day park hopper will work out fine.

If we do 1 table service a day, does it save money to do the dining plan? My kids will be under 3, so they will not be on the plan if we were to purchase. I normally buy 1 kids meal for them to share and still bring home extras, or they eat from my plate and I purchase an extra side of fruit or veggies.

At the BC/YC is there a way to get scrambled eggs to go?? My boys eat scrambled eggs for breakfast almost everyday, so I was just wondering if I can get at the hotel, or if I need to work on a new bfast menu for them!

Thank you to everyone for responding to my earlier post, it is all defintely helping me plan accordingly. It is so hard to plan for August, when I don't really know what the boy's schedule will be like. I feel like it is a new schedule every month. They change so quickly at this age! I want to try and figure out the ticket/dining plan, so I can order tickets before the price increase that is expected.

Dee: I noticed that!! Wish we could extend our trip so I could hide in the bushes and see you trying to keep all those kids in line!!!!

Just wanted to let you all know Bob and I met some Disers for dinner at Artist Point last night. WOW. It was fantastic and we hope to do it again soon!

:dancer:A BIG OLD Y&BC BYE-BYE TO EVERYONE GOING TO THE WORLD!:dancer:

em36 May 25-June 1 YC
ocalla May 25-June 2 BC
arielsleepingbeauty May 25-30 YC
ChipnDaleRule May 25-June 8 YC
kirbybruno May 26-30 BC CL GV
DisneyMamaof3girls May 26-June 2 YC
chocovrdmicears May 26-June 2 BC
kingofthedonuts May 26-June 9 BC
myjourney May 27-30 BCV
pas130 May 28-June 1 BC GV CL
smellyia May 28-June 2 BC
wannabee May 29-June 4 BC
PolyndianPrincessJes May 30-June 4
bwolfe May 30th -June 7 BC
Disneywishes May 31-June 7 BC
acpalmer May 31-June 8 BCV

Just wanted to let you all know Bob and I met some Disers for dinner at Artist Point last night. WOW. It was fantastic and we hope to do it again soon!

I have that restaurant on my list of places to try!! I'm thinking for our 25th anniversary (youngest DD will graduate HS that year) DH and I will take a nice week long trip with Deluxe Dining so we can enjoy Signature Dining!!!

I have noticed that all seems quiet lately!! I thought maybe everyone was in The World...............

I wish! Only 3 weeks and 1 day until we arrive at BC! I am beyond excited. We have been having tons of tech issues at work which means at home I have to do school work which means less Dis time :surfweb: But I have to check in here before sleep comes!

Thanks so much for the tips on making reservations and cancelling them if need be. I guess I just need to watch out for the restaurants that still charge for cancelling?

Additional opinions needed:
Day 1 (after our long drive from PA)--Should we plan to go to a park or stay at the hotel?
We will be staying at the YC for 6 nights/7 days...should we get a 6day park hopper or a 7 day? I am thinking a 6 day park hopper will work out fine.

If we do 1 table service a day, does it save money to do the dining plan? My kids will be under 3, so they will not be on the plan if we were to purchase. I normally buy 1 kids meal for them to share and still bring home extras, or they eat from my plate and I purchase an extra side of fruit or veggies.

You could start with 6 days and you can always add a 7th day at any point. That way if you feel rested and ready to go you can but you don't have to feel like you have to.

Whether the DDP saves money just depends on where. We found that for the last 2 trips it did save us money because we were doing a lot of character meals with the kids. For our next trip we are going OOP with TiW card.

That sounds so wonderful! I want to try eating there and it is on my list for the adults only trip we have planned in February!

:dancer:A BIG OLD Y&BC BYE-BYE TO EVERYONE GOING TO THE WORLD!:dancer:

em36 May 25-June 1 YC
ocalla May 25-June 2 BC
arielsleepingbeauty May 25-30 YC
ChipnDaleRule May 25-June 8 YC
kirbybruno May 26-30 BC CL GV
DisneyMamaof3girls May 26-June 2 YC
chocovrdmicears May 26-June 2 BC
kingofthedonuts May 26-June 9 BC
myjourney May 27-30 BCV
pas130 May 28-June 1 BC GV CL
smellyia May 28-June 2 BC
wannabee May 29-June 4 BC
PolyndianPrincessJes May 30-June 4
bwolfe May 30th -June 7 BC
Disneywishes May 31-June 7 BC
acpalmer May 31-June 8 BCV

Everyone have a wonderful time and I love reading the updates and reports

Posted another installment of my trip report - it's a looong one and it's only half a day! lol

Posted another installment of my trip report - it's a looong one and it's only half a day! lol

Loving your TR! It's getting me excited for our upcoming trip. I think it was brave of you to try to plan anything for that many people. We often travel with friends, but never to WDW.:)

Artist Point is a favorite of ours too! We celebrated our daughter and son in laws engagement there! Our server was fantastic and gave us a bottle of champagne for the occasion! Food was out of this world delicious! We were going to go back this trip but wanted to try other signature restaurants that we haven't tried yet!

So glad you had a great dinner Teena!

Dee!!! Less than 2 weeks until your trip! Now THERE'S a trip report that I'm looking forward to (unless you decide you don't want to relive it!!!) :rotfl2:

Loving your TR! It's getting me excited for our upcoming trip. I think it was brave of you to try to plan anything for that many people. We often travel with friends, but never to WDW.:)

I was very nervous about it, but they were awesome, and game for everything (except getting up early, but they did, for me. :rotfl2: ) Wait until you read what the other mom did for me the next morning!!!

Good morning to all you lovely YC&BCers. :wave2: Happy Friday...

Safe travels to everyone going. Ocalla, hope your drink is in hand by 8:30 as planned! Sunken Treasure, perhaps?! :drinking1

Missoutandabout, no changes for you today!?

I've been a good girl! No changes. I think this one is set in stone. The hubs wouldn't like it if I took away his Princess room anyway. :lmao:

In my head I need to get BUSY but in my body I'm sitting around doing little to get ready. Am I CRAZY or what? I think half of my problem is I'm dealing with the let down of being a caregiver for my Mom who passed away in January. I've chased by tale for the last 10 years and now I'm watching my tail. I probably don't make any sense. :rotfl2:

Aw. :hug: Makes perfect sense. It's hard to change gears when you've been looking after someone for so long. Taco salads, open houses, Disney and the Gulf Shore will be upon you before you know it -- then you'll be back to chasing your tail. :thumbsup2 Those 2 weeks'll fly!

... DH and I need to start our 3rd annual "Diet and Exercise to Disney" routine, so we'll be in shape for all the walking and eating!! :thumbsup2

Oh, thanks for reminding me! Hubs and I need to start our evening walks again. We lure the kiddo out too so she'll get used to the walking and heat. Though, nothing ever really prepares us for FL heat.

...I'll be somewhere on slide watch! (with a Sunken Treasure by my side). :sunny: :cool2:

Slide watch and Sunken Treasures -- I love the way you think!

yes you did read that right!!! I am beyond excited. Hope I can sleep tonight

Hope you didn't suffer from Night Before Disney Insomnia! :faint:

:woohoo: Off to look...

We got back late last nite from BCV and had an awesome vacation!!!!!! The only bad part beside coming home was the plane trip to and from WDW. It poured on our arrival day which made it a bumpy flight and because of fog last nite and a storm by NC we had a two hr delay and again another bumpy flight back. Now to the good stuff.....We left last Wed. (which my DD thought we were leaving on Thurs.) It was great to wake her up and say Happy Birthday and guess what we are leaving today for WDW!!! Her expression was priceless, just total shock for a few seconds then the biggest smile.

The whole BC/BCV/YC Resort is absoultely breath taking!!! DH was totally impressed!!! I requested ground floor at BCV and was hoping for something close to a DSA since both DH and I are smokers. We got a studio right across from the quite pool/lagoon and DSA. We also made a few new friends... Ollie the alligator, who ended up being the new attraction, if you were there or going soon our studio was right where everyone would stand to see the "alligator". There was also Turty, Crush and Squirt the big turtles and Donald and Daisy the ducks that hung out at and in the pool.

We'll be dining at Artist Point in October for the first time. Can't wait. I've been hearing so many good things about it.

SAB is the greatest!!! I quickly learned that all the planning and worrying on having the perfect vacation went out the window after our 1st day at SAB. My DD was excited to see the princesses and all the disney characters but was more impressed with the SAB. By day 3 I was canceling dinner reservations so we had more time at SAB and ending up just going with the flow and everything worked out great. DH and I were both impressed by the CM's and lifeguards at SAB, they are absolutely the best!!! My DD is a good swimmer but what a great feeling not to have to worry. Loved the Jib slide we all went down many, many times. Every time my DH went down (he's a big guy) I would burst out laughing. My only suggestion would be to try sitting up when going down, after awhile lying down does hurt with seams of the slide, but it's fine if you sit up. My DD loved the CM's who ran the pool partys, they do such an awesome job with the kids. I became the joke that pool time was mommy's new happy hours. I tried and loved the Sunken Treasure however two was my limit cause one day I had 3 and everything was coming out green!!!!

Ok one more post to follow then I must unpack and do laundry....

We had outstanding meals at the Captain Grill, Cape May Cafe (breakfast and dinner), Tutto Italia and even Big River Grille & Brewery by the Boardwalk. We also did breakfast at the Castle which was also very good. I thought the price was high at 1st but the food was good, the atmosphere was cool (loved being called Queen) and the pictures you get came out amazing. The tip is also included in the price and I now think it was well worth the price. We also had lunch several times a Hurricane Hannah's which was really good too. Along with Beaches and Cream and breakfast from the Marketplace all really good, big portions. We did eat at Coral Reef and i highly, highly recommend avoiding this place. We had a table right in front and one of the divers came out and picked up gravel and threw it in the air like confetti (DD Bday) but after that, the food was absolutely terrible. We also ate at ESPN on Mon. nite (DH wanted to watch the hockey game, like I said I went with the flow) and the food for the price was ok.

So I lied, one more then I'm done!! lol

My DD got a Bday pin and I thought it was the greatest how everyone wished the princess a Happy Bday. I know I enjoyed it more then she did. My favorite memory of this whole trip is from Animal Kingdom. We were first in line to see Pooh and friends and Tigger is my favorite. So who comes up to bring us to the Pooh but Tigger and my DD and him skip hand in hand all the way down the path to where you meet and great them all!!!!!!!!

The weather was great very little rain and it was HOT!!! Love bugs were not an issue, they were there saw a few each day mostly at the DSA section and of course twice they landed in my hair!! Guess they like blondes too.

We had a perfect vacation!!! A big THANK YOU to all of you who have help me along the way!!!!!!!! DH also fell in love with BC/BCV/YC and wants to go back very soon!!!! Mission accomplished!!

DH also fell in love with BC/BCV/YC and wants to go back very soon!!!! Mission accomplished!!

Thanks for the report(s). Sounds like you really had a great time. I'm glad "going with the flow" worked for you. Those turn out to be the best vacations (IMHO). Got to wonder about your critter collection though. Hadn't heard that Ollie was a full-time resident or is this a plastic version of the one that visited there earlier?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter