2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ ~ March, April and May ~Do Not Post Here-Old Thread

When we were there in 2010, F&W had a soft opening on Thursday, and I am hoping for the same this year so I can use up my left over snack credits, because our flight leaves Thursday night at 7:15 pm.

We were there the same time in 2010 too! That's when my son in law proposed to my daughter on the beach at the Beach Club! I have such great pictures!

I don't really remember but I hope like you said the soft opening for F&W is on Thursday! That will give us an extra day to eat our way around the world!

My mom, cousin and gma had dinner at CMC a couple trips ago. They said it was pretty good. I didn't book it this trip (we leave TOMORROW!!), but I thought about seeing if there was walk-up availability (or asking the CL staff if they could try to find a reservation). Any experience with last minute dinner at Cape May?

My mom, cousin and gma had dinner at CMC a couple trips ago. They said it was pretty good. I didn't book it this trip (we leave TOMORROW!!), but I thought about seeing if there was walk-up availability (or asking the CL staff if they could try to find a reservation). Any experience with last minute dinner at Cape May?

If you go at opening (5pm) you can sometimes get in with a walkup. It doesn't hurt to stop by the hostess station before the first seating and ask. Hope this helps and HAVE FUN!

Dee!!! Less than 2 weeks until your trip! Now THERE'S a trip report that I'm looking forward to (unless you decide you don't want to relive it!!!) :rotfl2:

Tomorrow will be single digits!

Yes, I plan on writing a trip report. I have already started to draft the intro and I'm playing around with some titles (although sometimes you just have to wait until the trip to see what sticks)

And expect some names to be changed to protect the guilty!

We got back late last nite from BCV and had an awesome vacation!!!!!!

Welcome back and thanks so much for sharing your reviews! Glad you had a great vacation!

I have been planning and stressing over all of the details of our long awaited vaca at BC for months. All of my ADRs are made, my itinerary is set, the ponchos are purchased, so I should be all prepared for anything right? Wrong!

I just discovered that Mitt Romney and Presdent Obama will both be speaking at the Contemporary the week that we are there. I don't want to sound unpatriotic, but I am kind of worried about what effect this is going to have on our trip. Luckily, I wasn't really planning on visiting the Mk the two days that they will be in town. I would imagine travel would be near impossible during that time.

Maybe we will just plan on staying close to the BC those days and, hopefully, we won't have any difficulties. If we just plan on going to either HS or EP those days we wouldn't have to worry about traffic delays.

Anyone else going at that time concerned about it, and if so, will you be changing any of your plans because of it? Maybe I'm just worrying about nothing. That is my nature!:worried:

We got back late last nite from BCV and had an awesome vacation!!!!!! The only bad part beside coming home was the plane trip to and from WDW. It poured on our arrival day which made it a bumpy flight and because of fog last nite and a storm by NC we had a two hr delay and again another bumpy flight back. Now to the good stuff.....We left last Wed. (which my DD thought we were leaving on Thurs.) It was great to wake her up and say Happy Birthday and guess what we are leaving today for WDW!!! Her expression was priceless, just total shock for a few seconds then the biggest smile.

The whole BC/BCV/YC Resort is absoultely breath taking!!! DH was totally impressed!!! I requested ground floor at BCV and was hoping for something close to a DSA since both DH and I are smokers. We got a studio right across from the quite pool/lagoon and DSA. We also made a few new friends... Ollie the alligator, who ended up being the new attraction, if you were there or going soon our studio was right where everyone would stand to see the "alligator". There was also Turty, Crush and Squirt the big turtles and Donald and Daisy the ducks that hung out at and in the pool.

um, can we talk a little further about this? Have I missed a whole section of this thread that discusses the alligator???? WHAT ALLIGATOR??!?!?!?:faint:

I have been planning and stressing over all of the details of our long awaited vaca at BC for months. All of my ADRs are made, my itinerary is set, the ponchos are purchased, so I should be all prepared for anything right? Wrong!

I just discovered that Mitt Romney and Presdent Obama will both be speaking at the Contemporary the week that we are there. I don't want to sound unpatriotic, but I am kind of worried about what effect this is going to have on our trip. Luckily, I wasn't really planning on visiting the Mk the two days that they will be in town. I would imagine travel would be near impossible during that time.

Maybe we will just plan on staying close to the BC those days and, hopefully, we won't have any difficulties. If we just plan on going to either HS or EP those days we wouldn't have to worry about traffic delays.

Anyone else going at that time concerned about it, and if so, will you be changing any of your plans because of it? Maybe I'm just worrying about nothing. That is my nature!:worried:
Hopefully, the Secret Service will stay out of trouble!!! But, hey, Tinkerbelle and the Princesses are probably safe company:lmao:

Hopefully, the Secret Service will stay out of trouble!!! But, hey, Tinkerbelle and the Princesses are probably safe company:lmao:

And here I was just worrying about how this would effect me. I never stopped to think about those poor princesses being harassed by the Secret Service. Hopefully they won't fall for the "mandatory strip search" line. :rotfl2:

Our documents came today and our ME tags! We're really going!:cool1: I'm sooooo excited for my mom to see Disney World!

Yes, I plan on writing a trip report. I have already started to draft the intro and I'm playing around with some titles (although sometimes you just have to wait until the trip to see what sticks)

Welcome back and thanks so much for sharing your reviews! Glad you had a great vacation!

I cannot wait to read all about it! I know the stories are going to be even better than anything I can imagine (and I am a high school teacher so I can imagine a lot)

I have to admit I am glad we are leaving on the 19th though I did read that when President Obama was at MK earlier this year WDW did a good job of minimizing the impact on guests so I hope that is double the case this time especially since it is during the busy summer season.

Our documents came today and our ME tags! We're really going!:cool1: I'm sooooo excited for my mom to see Disney World!

We got ours today :cool1: Only 19 more days until we are arriving there!

I used to advance President Clinton and Vice President Gore for trips like these. You should stay FAR FAR away from MK those days I repeat FAR FAR away. I'd stay at the BC and off the roads. Those should be EPCOT and HS days.

WHat is going on? Why are they there?

A

I used to advance President Clinton and Vice President Gore for trips like these. You should stay FAR FAR away from MK those days I repeat FAR FAR away. I'd stay at the BC and off the roads. Those should be EPCOT and HS days.

WHat is going on? Why are they there?

A

Apparently, they are speaking at the Latino convention that is being held at the Contemporary.

Thanks for the advice. That was kind of what I was thinking. I am so glad I decided to book BC now! This is the perfect resort for a case like this. I have my choice of two parks (which happen to be our favorite two) to choose from without having to travel the roads. :)

um, can we talk a little further about this? Have I missed a whole section of this thread that discusses the alligator???? WHAT ALLIGATOR??!?!?!?:faint:

yes, he was a real life alligator. Ollie (my DD named him/her) was about 6 feet big and he just kinds of hangs out in the lagoon right by the walk way by the quite pool in the BVC. One day on our trip 2 men from "animal control" came by and I guess was trying to catch him. They had the long stick w/the loop on it and they threw marshmellows into the water but Ollie didn't take the bait. After the men left then he eat the marshmellows. As of yesterday evening he was still there. There were lots and lots of turtles and fish in the same water with him. Never saw him eat anything but the marshmellows.

We have some pictures of the gator posted earlier in the thread. I'll search and let you know which page number. Don't know if this is the same gator or his cousin.

ETA: Gator posts start on page 200, pictures on page 201.

Thanks for the reply, 333disneymom! I appreciate it :thumbsup2 I ended up posting my question on the general resorts page, and got some info over there. I think I'm all set...
Hope you have a great trip.:)

Very excited about a new thread...because I've sorta gotten lost in this one. I wasn't really following along and now I feel like I'm on some other path somewhere. I can see you guys over there on that path, but I can't seem to get there from here. LOL
I feel the same way. I lost track when we went on vacation and I feel like I never caught up.

Looking forward to this one!

My family (DH, twin sons (age 20 months) and myself) will be driving from PA to Disney and staying at the Yacht Club Aug 17 to 23. I was thinking of maybe reserving a few places, and then just chancing the rest, but after reading some other posts, I am concerned that this is no longer a good idea. Since the hotel has some restaurants right at it, would I be able to eat at the resort restaurants without reservations? The only restaurant I reserved so far was the Biergarten in Germany. Any other tips I will gladly listen to! Thanks!

Thanks so much for the tips on making reservations and cancelling them if need be. I guess I just need to watch out for the restaurants that still charge for cancelling?

Additional opinions needed:
Day 1 (after our long drive from PA)--Should we plan to go to a park or stay at the hotel?
We will be staying at the YC for 6 nights/7 days...should we get a 6day park hopper or a 7 day? I am thinking a 6 day park hopper will work out fine.

If we do 1 table service a day, does it save money to do the dining plan? My kids will be under 3, so they will not be on the plan if we were to purchase. I normally buy 1 kids meal for them to share and still bring home extras, or they eat from my plate and I purchase an extra side of fruit or veggies.
We went to Disney before with an 18-month-old and she really seemed to enjoy character meals the most. Since there was a lot going on, she was very entertained and very well behaved. Many character meals are buffets, which is good in that you can get a variety of food for your little ones, and they are not charged (since they are under 3). One meal, that I enjoyed as a parent, was Garden Grill in Epcot, because it had the characters to entertain and it was served "family style," so parents can sit and relax.

I would definitely make some ADRs. If you don't mind eating early, 4:30-5 p.m. is a great time to take little ones, as the restaurants are usually not quite busy. By 6 p.m., you will probably have a wait for your table at the more popular places, even with an ADR.

After such a long drive, I personally would not make an ADR the first night, as you might be really tired. If you want to have a sit down when you arrive, Captain's Grille might be a good option, as it is located in your resort and it never really seems crowded, so a walk-up should be possible.

As for the park hopper tickets, if I understand correctly, you could buy the 6-day hoppers. Then if you decide you want to go to a park that first day, I think you can upgrade at any time to a 7-day ticket. Also, I think it costs only about $8 to add that last day.

As for the dining plan, I would check menus online and see what the prices are for the locations you are interested in dining. You can usually figure out whether it would be cost effective for you that way.

Happy planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter